Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Bawomolo & Manmustwac - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bawomolo & Manmustwac (5502 Views)

Clash Of The Religious Titans! Did Maclatunji Just Hide Manmustwac's Complaint? / Seun, Mukina, Jesoul And Manmustwac And Jenwitemi: Today I Abandon Nairaland.com / Thread Locked By Manmustwac, Some Moderators Are Anti~christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2009
Good to see you have freed yourself from dogma. It must have being tough making the step towards deism.

You have no idea, it's a lot tougher for someone who grew up with indoctrination like I did.

A significant amount of people we ignore are the bisexuals and pansexuals. They have kids while engaging in same-sex relationships at the same time.
Pansexuals Wetin be dat one again o ?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2009
bawomolo:

rejection against norm and convention moved me to deism (a much safer place than organized religion), rejection against the idea of God existence moved me to atheism. 

Thus it is safe to assert that you believe that the universe erupted by chance, meaninglessly, purposelessly, and from nothing?

bawomolo:

I have no problem believing in a God that can be observed or experienced.

Assuming God exists, would you expect that HE/SHE/IT would be such an entity as to be observed with your physical eyes?

Since we mention the word physical, maybe i should also ask if along with rejecting the existence of God, you also reject the existece of all spirituality?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
Funny part is

Just like most atheist, I was also born into a christian home, raised in the christian way, read the bible from genesis to revelation (I actually did thanks to morning devotion), actually gave my life to christ ( a common christian initiation ritual), I preached in my junior secondary days (i''m talking about in front of the general assembly every morning), was nick-named "Pastor", In fact my father became a pastor at some point with our home being used for church meetings every tuesdays, I went the whole 9 yards.

Then one day, I heard my father expressing his deep seated hatred for muslims and Hindus as he always does and for some reason it got me thinking. So I decided to see what other religions were all about, so I became friends with a muslim who bought me the translated version of the koran.

With this I started thinking about the deity called "GOD", and realised that man actually created God and not vice versa. For a being whom we have never met, seen, nor heard, we seem to know so much about him, his family (apparently he has a kid), his thoughts, his feelings, his likes, his dislikes, e.t.c.

Then one day some evengelist came preaching and used the story of JOB to make an illustration, and I just lost it. I became an Atheist 3 years ago and i am loving it.

I now realise that life isnt as complicated as we see it.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2009

And ye shall know the truth and it shall set you free grin grin grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2009
naijababe:

And ye shall know the truth and it shall set you free grin grin grin

You can say it again. lol grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2009
Okija_juju:

Funny part is

Just like most atheist, I was also born into a christian home, raised in the christian way, read the bible from genesis to revelation (I actually did thanks to morning devotion), actually gave my life to christ ( a common christian initiation ritual), I preached in my junior secondary days (i''m talking about in front of the general assembly every morning), was nick-named "Pastor", In fact my father became a pastor at some point with our home being used for church meetings every tuesdays, I went the whole 9 yards.

Then one day, I heard my father expressing his deep seated hatred for muslims and Hindus as he always does and for some reason it got me thinking. So I decided to see what other religions were all about, so I became friends with a muslim who bought me the translated version of the koran.

With this I started thinking about the deity called "GOD", and realised that man actually created God and not vice versa. For a being whom we have never met, seen, nor heard, we seem to know so much about him, his family (apparently he has a kid), his thoughts, his feelings, his likes, his dislikes, e.t.c.

Then one day some evengelist came preaching and used the story of JOB to make an illustration, and I just lost it. I became an Atheist 3 years ago and i am loving it.

Hi Okija –
Do you realize that what you have expressed is a distrust of religion and dogma, and not a rejection of the idea that a Prime Mover exists? At the risk of sounding like a broken record, i do not refer to the Abrahamic God, but the idea of an intelligent first cause of all existence in a non-religious but humanistic sense.

Okija_juju:

With this I started thinking about the deity called "GOD", and realised that man actually created God and not vice versa.

Man created his own IDEA of God. Since we are certain man did not create the universe, perhaps we might want to reflect on what did?

Okija_juju:

For a being whom we have never met, seen, nor heard, we seem to know so much about him, his family [sub](apparently he has a kid

I feel you on this. But that’s the tom-foolery of religion.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2009
My respect for wirinet grows everyday, he is the number one person I would love to meet on nairaland.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

The above is truly timeless.

If God did exist he did a  pansy assed job in creating man, I watched the horror of what the militants did to people in Port harcourt, innocent 'sisters'  being raped (two are officially dead now a third still missing) mercilessly. I do not even want to imagine what happens in war torn countries. Man has got to be the worst thing God created.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2009
Oga Okija,
You dey do disappearing act since abi, na carniriv you come for? I must join them to hold rain this year and we plan to push the rain go experience for lagos, why do those two events always clash anyway?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 11:46pm On Nov 22, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

If God did exist he did a pansy assed job in creating man, I watched the horror of what the militants did to people in Port harcourt, innocent 'sisters' being raped (two are officially dead now a third still missing) mercilessly.

Yet again, i have to remind you (for the umpteenth time) that a discourse on a balanced prime mover cannot be determined by reference to imperfections in that which we see: given that the Abrahamic idea of a merciful and perfect God is not being propounded.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2009
@ Deepsight
Correct me if I'm wrong but u sound like u are influenced by the likes of Thomas Paine, Voltaire and others from the Age of Enlightment.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2009
Deep Sight:

Yet again, i have to remind you (for the umpteenth time) that a discourse on a balanced prime mover cannot be determined by reference to imperfections in that which we see: given that the Abrahamic idea of a merciful and perfect God is not being propounded.
Still doesnt change that he did a pansy assed job IMO
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2009
naijababe:

@ Deepsight
Correct me if I'm wrong but u sound like u are influenced by the likes of Thomas Paine, Voltaire and others from the Age of Enlightment.

Verily verily. . .! But i find that that which i reflect upon, they have already propunded, and not that i directly glean from those great writings. I have actually not read some of them!
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

My respect for wirinet grows everyday, he is the number one person I would love to meet on nairaland.

The above is truly timeless.

If God did exist he did a  pansy assed job in creating man, I watched the horror of what the militants did to people in Port harcourt, innocent 'sisters'  being raped (two are officially dead now a third still missing) mercilessly. I do not even want to imagine what happens in war torn countries. Man has got to be the worst thing God created.

Dey there, you no know say na satan wey dey responsible for everything wey dey bad wey dey happen? shebi no be satan make adam and eve eat fruit?. . . . . .  grin grin. . . . .

How body? two days. . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by bawomolo(m): 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2009
naijababe:

You have no idea, it's a lot tougher for someone who grew up with indoctrination like I did.

i see, so why did you make the change from islam to christianity? how that take happen

Pansexuals Wetin be dat one again o ?

folks who like everything, tranny etc  grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality there are strange people out there.

Deep Sight:

Thus it is safe to assert that you believe that the universe erupted by chance, meaninglessly, purposelessly, and from nothing?

i would say yes the universe came by change. did it come from nothing? maybe or the universe has always existed. My main point is that the universe doesn't need a God to exist.

Assuming God exists, would you expect that HE/SHE/IT would be such an entity as to be observed with your physical eyes?

not by my physical eyes but it should be observed.  the christian God did appear to moses (well his backside  cheesy)

Since we mention the word physical, maybe i should also ask if along with rejecting the existing of God, you also reject the existece of all spirituality?

I do reject them for the most part.   You can call me a doubting thomas

[quote][/quote]
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2009
Oga Mazaje
Body dey for cloth oh grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 22, 2009
Verily verily. . .! But i find that that which i reflect upon, they have already propunded, and not that i directly glean from those great writings. I have actually not read some of them!

Philosopher in the house  grin
I recommend Thomas Paine sha
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 12:00am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ Dont worry. We are quite familiar with him.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:01am On Nov 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Oga Mazaje
Body dey for cloth oh  grin

Nice. . . . My body dey inside blanket now ohhh I just dey come from outside and cold dey here scatter. . . .

Wetin really happen for PH. . . wey lead to rape, murder and destruction?. . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 12:05am On Nov 23, 2009
bawomolo:

My main point is that the universe doesn't need a God to exist.

Thus you assert that the universe does not need a cause to exist. . . ? Please confirm.

bawomolo:

not by my physical eyes but it should be observed. the christian God did appear to moses (well his backside cheesy)

And what do you suppose it would take to "observe" God, if he did exist?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:08am On Nov 23, 2009
@mazaje
Those animals wey government grant amnesty dey vex because dem no pay them for one week. Na im dem enter road in the name of riot begin dey loot shops destroy cars beat anybody dem see for road and rape girls anyhow up and down. Two of the girls don die now, one from bleeding the other one commit suicide. A third girl dey miss since then, o boy no be small thing oh, I don already open gate to drive comot before my girlfriend remind me say I forget something, I see crowd dey run inside compound then the whole comotion start. I have got some footage on my cell would upload if I have got time sha.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 23, 2009
i see, so why did you make the change from islam to christianity? how that take happen

Islam to Xtian was quite tough cos I suddenly  became a defender of that that I had been taught to abhor. I recall many sleepless nights and was almost going mad. I left Islam in my quest to be a better muslim, the more I learned, the less appealing the faith became. At first Xtianity appeared to be next obvious choice until jehovah proved to just as bigoted and monstrous as allah
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by noetic15(m): 12:14am On Nov 23, 2009
naijababe:

Islam to Xtian was quite tough cos I suddenly  became a defender of that that I had been taught to abhor. I recall many sleepless nights and was almost going mad. I left Islam in my quest to be a better muslim, the more I learned, the less appealing the faith became. At first Xtianity appeared to be next obvious choice until jehovah proved to just as bigoted and monstrous as allah

this sounds more like bitterness.

u have not given ONE single logical/meaningful reason why u changed from islam to xtian then to atheism. sounds like u were looking for a fast miracle for a malady. (no pun intended)
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:14am On Nov 23, 2009
noetic15:

u have not given ONE single logical/meaningful reason why u changed from islam to xtian then to atheism. sounds like u were looking for a fast miracle for a malady. (no pun intended)

Since when did religion and reason start mixing?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by noetic15(m): 12:17am On Nov 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Since when did religion and reason start mixing?

the moment atheists started attempting to rationally explain their "conversion".
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 12:21am On Nov 23, 2009
manmustwac:

Am a British Born Nigerian. Spent most of my life here in London but have lived in Nigeria for about 6 years. I come from a weak Catholic background, i say weak because my mother didn't start taking me, my junior bros and two junior sisters didn't start going to church until i was about 10 years old. There was nothing like dogma or indoctrination. We weren't even persuaded to read the bible.

Church services to me was boring and i always used to daydream during the sermon. At age 14 one Sunday during one of my daydreaming sessions i just told myself that this whole idea of an old man just saying let there be light and creating the world in 6 days was a false. Since i schooled in England i'd already known about dinosaurs and evolution. I found that theory easier to believe.

Four years later at age 18 mother stopped taking us to Catholic Church coz she felt more at home with our African white garment churches so started attending that instead. So eventually my immediate bros started going to Church of England which he still attends till today, my junior sis under the influence of one of her friends or somebody knocking on the door became a Jehovah's Witness and she persuaded her immediate junior who takes after her to become a Witness too. As for me am a 100% confirmed athiest and i've never looked back since.

I even have a junior bros and sis who weren't born the time we started going to church i'll describe them both as agnostic athiests because they've both have not been influenced by the bible or church and they're both free from religious dogma and indoctrination unlike most Nigerians who have religion indoctrinated into them from a young age

I'll answer your second question tomorrow

Hi Manmustwac. So you appear to agree that this is a disdain of religion, and not a rejection of af an intelligent first cause of all existence?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:22am On Nov 23, 2009
noetic15:

She said she discovered that jehovah was no different from allah, that is her reason or did you forget to read that part?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju:

Then one day, I heard my father expressing [size=14pt]his deep seated hatred[/size] for muslims and Hindus as he always does and for some reason it got me thinking. So I decided to see what other religions were all about, so I became friends with a muslim who bought me the translated version of the koran.

warning to Osisi and Davidylan  grin grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:25am On Nov 23, 2009
oyb:

warning to Osisi and Davidylan  grin grin

As if moslems do not have VERY DEEP SEATED HATRED for people of other religion most especially christians. . . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2009
oyb:

warning to Osisi and Davidylan grin grin

mazaje:

As if moslems do not have VERY DEEP SEATED HATRED for people of other religion most especially christians. . . . .

I BEG you both, and all others: please do not turn this thread into another christian v. muslim duel.

Bawomolo, Manmustwac - i await your responses.

Thanks.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Krayola(m): 12:30am On Nov 23, 2009
IMO whether or not God exists is irrelevant. Of no consequence whatsoever. How does God's/prime-mover's existence or non existence affect anything? What would it matter if i were to say "I believe in the existence of a prime mover". Then what? What is the next step in your "theology", Mr deepsight?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:32am On Nov 23, 2009
Krayola:

IMO whether or not god exists is irrelevant. Of no consequence whatsoever. How does God's/prime-mover's existence or non existence affect anything? What would it matter if i were to say "I believe in the existence of a prime mover". Then what? What is the next step in your "theology", Mr deepsight?

Mr deist just wants you to know that there is a prime mover grin grin. . . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35am On Nov 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Oga Okija,
You dey do disappearing act since abi, na carniriv you come for? I must join them to hold rain this year and we plan to push the rain go experience for lagos, why do those two events always clash anyway?

MY broda

No be small thing, Na work wan kill me o!! I just never seem to find the time to come here anymore. I just take one week leave of absence na ehn make you see me here. Mean while how far!! No be Carniriv I dey intrested in this year o!! Na Calabar own I dey go this year.  grin If una like make una bluetooth the rain go scatter "experience" again this year. lol

Deep Sight:

Hi Okija –

First of all wetin happen to the remender of my name??  angry abi you dey fear me? lol

Now back to the issue at hand

Deep Sight:

Hi Okija –
Do you realize that what you have expressed is a distrust of religion and dogma, and not a rejection of the idea that a Prime Mover exists? At the risk of sounding like a broken record, i do not refer to the Abrahamic God, but the idea of an intelligent first cause of all existence in a non-religious but humanistic sense.

You would forgive me but upbringing always seem to make me refer to the abrahamic god everytime I write (cos thats the one I have studied).

Looking at the concept of GOD devoid of religion as "the prime mover", is still the same thing.  GOD according to definition is described as a suernatural being, that controls all aspects of the universe.
Now that just sounds like a load of crap. Fisrt of all there is no roof of any such existence, so why should I live my life based on hear say. GOD could be liken to a myth, that has been pass down for generations that somewhere along the line, it seemed to come alive and has sustained itself until the present. I ask yet again, what is the purose of GOD?? Why do we humans need a GOD?? Why all the mystery??
Now in our bid to create a "prime mover", we have ended up in creating a divide amongst ourselves.

Deep Sight:

Man created his own IDEA of God. Since we are certain man did not create the universe, perhaps we might want to reflect on what did?

Now you take me to the dilema of Creation versus evolution. Now both these theories sound very far fetched, neither of which sounds acceptable. I dont know how we came about. This is still the gazillion dollar question. The day we find out our origin, that day the mystery would end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Soyinka: Posers For An Atheist At 77 / How To Say '*God Is Good...all The Time' In Different Languages / Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.