Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Bawomolo & Manmustwac - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bawomolo & Manmustwac (5500 Views)

Clash Of The Religious Titans! Did Maclatunji Just Hide Manmustwac's Complaint? / Seun, Mukina, Jesoul And Manmustwac And Jenwitemi: Today I Abandon Nairaland.com / Thread Locked By Manmustwac, Some Moderators Are Anti~christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 23, 2009
this sounds more like bitterness.  

u have not given ONE single logical/meaningful reason why u changed from islam to xtian then to atheism. sounds like u were looking for a fast miracle for a malady. (no pun intended)

I am not given to long post and I am not an atheist but a deist. If  u are really interested here goes the long post I didn't want to write.
I grew up in a family where Islam was practised well, went to Madrasah, read the qu'ran and all. By the time I was 16 I picked up the Hijab and attended Islamic programmes like it was going out of fashion. By the time I was 18 I was interested  in existing only for allah and his prophet. Spent a fortune on Islamic literatures in my quest to be a better muslimah. The doubts started when Islam before and after Hijrah started to unfold and the events after the death of Muhammed proved to be the last straw. Because the idea of not believing in organized religion was alien to me at the time I gave up Islam for Xtianity after almost 2 years of discontent with my faith.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 12:41am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ @ Naijababe - once we do not sucscribe to orgarnised religion, but still accept the existence of God, they label us as confused.

I think we are free and true.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:41am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju you don run leave okija shrine make who take care of am? those human bones don dry finish ohh, dem dey wait for you make you go back go pound them into powder. . . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:43am On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

^^^ @ Naijababe - once we do not sucscribe to orgarnised religion, but still accept the existence of God, they label us as confused.

What sort of god do you guys really subscribe too, and why should others believe in him?. . . . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by noetic15(m): 12:47am On Nov 23, 2009
naijababe:

I am not given to long post and I am not an atheist but a deist. If  u are really interested here goes the long post I didn't want to write.
I grew up in a family where Islam was practised well, went to Madrasah, read the qu'ran and all. By the time I was 16 I picked up the Hijab and attended Islamic programmes like it was going out of fashion. By the time I was 18 I was interested  in existing only for allah and his prophet. Spent a fortune on Islamic literatures in my quest to be a better muslimah. The doubts started when Islam before and after Hijrah started to unfold and the events after the death of Muhammed proved to be the last straw. Because the idea of not believing in organized religion was alien to me at the time I gave up Islam for Xtianity after almost 2 years of discontent with my faith.

This does not add up. at least not from me.

u left a religion for the other. . .why?
a. did u believe allah was the same person as Jehovah at the point of conversion?
b. what were ur expectations? since u "rationally" became a xtian? were ur expectations met?
c. what substance was missing in the islamic faith that led u to xtianity? what was missing in the xtainity faith that u found in atheism?
d. is ur quest for spiritual insight fulfilled in atheism?

Deep Sight:

very misinforming.

1. xtianity is not a religion.

2. even the devil accepts the existence of God. the question is are u on God's side or the devil?

3. what are u free from? and whats the truth u claim to hold?

P.S atheism is synonymous to ignorance.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 23, 2009
@mazaje
I believe in one God the creator  who created universal rules which all that is created follows. I don't susbscribe to the notion of the absence of evidence = evidence of absence.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by bawomolo(m): 12:49am On Nov 23, 2009
Thus you assert that the universe does not need a cause  to exist. . . ? Please confirm.

i won't assert that but it's plausible.   If the universe does need a cause, is that cause God?

And what do you suppose it would take to "observe" God, if he did exist?

probably God presenting itself to us or experiencing it from within (or is that being possessed by a demon?)

Islam to Xtian was quite tough cos I suddenly  became a defender of that that I had been taught to abhor. I recall many sleepless nights and was almost going mad. I left Islam in my quest to be a better muslim, the more I learned, the less appealing the faith became. At first Xtianity appeared to be next obvious choice until jehovah proved to just as bigoted and monstrous as allah

I see, that makes sense.   Most religions thrive on followers remaining ignorant while their leader dictate to them.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by noetic15(m): 12:50am On Nov 23, 2009
naijababe:

@mazaje
I believe in one God the creator  who created universal rules which all that is created follows. I don't susbscribe to the notion of the absence of evidence = evidence of absence.

This God u believe in. . . . .what does He expect from u to him? what do u expect from him?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 12:50am On Nov 23, 2009
mazaje:

Okija_juju you don run leave okija shrine make who take care of am? those human bones don dry finish ohh, dem dey wait for you make you go back go pound them into powder. . . . .

My broda, like God, juju is also becoming obsolete, so i had to run.  grin

@ Noetic

Nice to hear from you after so long. I see you are still on the christian high.  grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by bawomolo(m): 12:51am On Nov 23, 2009
mazaje:

don't mind him jare, okija boy scared of mere mortal militants?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 12:55am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju:

My broda, like God, juju is also becoming obsolete, so i had to run.  grin

No be small thing ohhh. . . .

@ Noetic

Nice to hear from you after so long. I see you are still on the christian high.  grin

No mind neotic na that thing wey dem dey call holy ghost wey every sect get him own version wey dey shak am. . . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by noetic15(m): 12:57am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju:

@ Noetic

mazaje:

No mind neotic na that thing wey dem dey call holy ghost wey every sect get him own version wey dey shak am. . . . .

lol grin grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 12:57am On Nov 23, 2009
bawomolo:

don't mind him jare, okija boy scared of mere mortal militants?
can u imagine that??

mazaje:

lol/roflmfao  grin you no go kill me. even you sef still dey crase.  grin
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 23, 2009
u left a religion for the other. . .why?
a. did u believe allah was the same person as Jehovah at the point of conversion?
b. what were your expectations? since u "rationally" became a xtian? were your expectations met?
c. what substance was missing in the islamic faith that led u to xtianity? what was missing in the xtainity faith that u found in atheism?
d. is your quest for spiritual insight fulfilled in atheism?
I expect you to atleast read my post before u respond
a. I could not have believed that allah was the same as jehovah , never did
b. Morality was one of the key things missing from islam
c/d. as above, I reiterate I am not an atheist, how many times am i gonna tell you that?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by manmustwac(m): 1:00am On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

Hi Manmustwac. So you appear to agree that this is a disdain of religion, and not a rejection of af an intelligent first cause of all existence?
If u read my last post well i said i'm 100% athiest who believes in evolution which means your question about an intelligent first cause of existance is pointless.   All the gods are imaginary.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2009
noetic15:

xtianity is not a religion.

And what might it be, pray tell? Do you know the meaning of the word "religion"? A dictionary definition, please.

noetic15:

even the devil accepts the existence of God. the question is are u on God's side or the devil?

If God is the source of all things, then darkness and the "Devil" also emanate from HIM. Be careful.

noetic15:

what are u free from? and whats the truth u claim to hold?

Free from dogma. And the truth is LOVE & UNIVERSAL BROTHERHOOD.

noetic15:

P.S atheism is synonymous to ignorance.

I certainly agree. But we must hear them out: because religion (esp. dogma) is more silly.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by bawomolo(m): 1:03am On Nov 23, 2009
mazaje:

lmao
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 23, 2009
And what might it be, pray tell? Do you know the meaning of the word "religion"? A dictionary definition, please.

Slippery slope mate, cos we are gonna get sidetracked with his answers.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

Telling that to noetic is like pouring water on a duck. If you look through all her posts, she has used that line a billion times over.

Deep Sight:

If God is the source of all things, then darkness and the "Devil" also emanate from HIM. Be careful.

So you know.

Deep Sight:

I certainly agree. But we must hear them out: because religion (esp. dogma) is more silly.

HUH!!  shocked

Lets see again,

Believing without seeing - GOOD

Seeing before believing - Bad

wow!!
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2009
bawomolo:

i won't assert that but it's plausible.   If the universe does need a cause, is that cause God?

The cause is nothing but . . .  the cause! I call that cause "God". Do not mix this up with any of the Abrahamic ideas of God?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 1:11am On Nov 23, 2009
naijababe:

@mazaje

The universe as we see it is just the way it is, In fact those that really care to know what it is are still trying hard to really figure out what it really is, the universe is just what it is whether anyone of us like it or not and that is how we see it, . . . .  there is absolutely NO evidence for your god(deist god) or any of the other deities and that means there is no reason to believe any one of them exist at all. You have rejected lots of gods and mythological stories and cosmologies, only to accept an Idea I personally believe is not very clear(deism). Why?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 1:12am On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

The cause is nothing but . . .  the cause! I call that cause "God". Do not mix this up with any of the Abrahamic ideas of God?

I would calll such a force nature. That sounds better and would be more acceptable than GOD.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 1:16am On Nov 23, 2009
@ Okija - PLS just as a quick aside: what is the meaning of "ara ga gba ndi ara?"
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 1:21am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju:

I would calll such a force nature. That sounds better and would be more acceptable than GOD.

And what stops nature from being regarded as god? The term god means so many different things to so many people and is not universally acceptable or does not have a universally acceptable definition. . . .one man's god is another man's "satan". . . . .
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by bawomolo(m): 1:21am On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

why call this cause a God.   Here come my argument about whether the universe needs a "God" to exist.  If so, can there be many Gods around?

It's man who ascribes the characteristics of God to a first cause.  Who says this universe wasn't created out of another universe?

abuzola999:

'Do those who disbelieved think that they can take My slaves (Angels, Jesus, mary, Ezra, sun, etc) as gods besides Me ? Verily, We have prepared Hell as an entertainment for the disbelievers'

Quran 18:102

welcome back alhaji. The things organized religion does to people.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 1:22am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju:

I would calll such a force nature.

Does nature self-exist, or does it require a cause? A source?

What is nature?

Do you not think that the resort to the word "nature" is escapist, as nature is as indefinable and as requiring of a meaning as the idea of God?

Okija_juju:

That sounds better and would be more acceptable than GOD.

What is so unnaceptable about the idea of the existence of God? If you regard evolution, chance, etc as possibilities, why must the possibility of a Deity be ruled out? Tell me
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by mazaje(m): 1:23am On Nov 23, 2009
abuzola999:

'Do those who disbelieved think that they can take My slaves (Angels, Jesus, mary, Ezra, sun, etc) as gods besides Me ? Verily, We have prepared Hell as an entertainment for the disbelievers'

Why is this retarded slave of the desert arab god called allah spamming the thread with verses from his book of myths, lies and deadly fantasy?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by bawomolo(m): 1:24am On Nov 23, 2009
evolution has being observed, God hasn't besides the account of a few ancient texts.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 1:25am On Nov 23, 2009
abuzola999:

O shit!! More crazy just walked in. I've also missed you.  wink

Deep Sight:

@ Okija - PLS just as a quick aside: what is the meaning of "ara ga gba ndi ara?"

Crazy folks will run mad. thats the literal translation.
mazaje:

And what stops nature from being regarded as god? The term god means so many different things to so many people and is not universally acceptable or does not have a universally acceptable definition. . . .one man's god is another man's "satan". . . . .

Bruv!! The definition of god reamains a supernatural being. Nature aint a being but more like a force.
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by DeepSight(m): 1:30am On Nov 23, 2009
Okija_juju:

Nature aint a being but more like a force.

And who told you this for certain?
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 23, 2009
The universe as we see it is just the way it is, In fact those that really care to know what it is are still trying hard to really figure out what it really is, the universe is just what it is whether anyone of us like it or not and that is how we see it

I don't dispute this
there is absolutely NO evidence for your god(deist god) or any of the other deities and that means there is no reason to believe any one of them exist at all
This is not true unless u believe that absence of evidence translates to evidence of absence
Re: Bawomolo & Manmustwac by Okijajuju1(m): 1:38am On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

Does nature self-exist, or does it require a cause? A source?

YES!! Yes it self-exists. Sometimes it requires a cause but it has nothing to do with any supernatural being.

Deep Sight:

What is nature?

A Force.
Deep Sight:

Do you not think that the resort to the word "nature" is escapist, as nature is as indefinable and as requiring of a meaning as the idea of God?

Wrong. Nature is simply the physical world including all natural phenomena and living thing. There isnt nothing escapist about that.

Deep Sight:

What is so unnaceptable about the idea of the existence of God?

The fact that he exists.
The fact that there isnt a shred of evidence that he exists.
The fact that that shit that goes on in our everyday lives happen at all.
The fact that he created such a shitty place like earth and resides inn the coulds/heavens.
e.t.c
Deep Sight:

If you regard evolution, chance, etc as possibilities, why must the possibility of a Deity be ruled out? Tell me

I dont believe in evolution. I think the origin of man/life as we have it is till very elusive to all of us, hence the theories.

God just isnt there. If he is, he would have showed up by now.

Deep Sight:

And who told you this for certain?

Im certian you have heard of they saying "force of nature". lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? / Are Superhuman Powers Real? / Soyinka: Posers For An Atheist At 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.