Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,323 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup (6973 Views)

First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Ask4Info: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
I will give you TWO USEFUL ADVICES:

IF YOU WANT TO WORK UNDER SOMEONE

Remove your mind from the likes of Julius Berger, Cappa and Alberto and other top Construction and Engineering firms. Humble yourself, go to the Lekki-Ibeji, Agbara, Mowe, Ewekoro areas depending on what part of Lagos you reside. There are countless of construction and engineering companies working on numerous sites in those areas. They are looking for people to fill various positions. They are less concerned about certificates, they just want someone who knows the knitty gritty real hand experience.

I bet you, if you submit your cv and talk to the owners or top management staff of 20 of such companies, i can assure you one or two will give you positive response.

Don't expect to get paid massively. Set your mind to within the salary rage of N50,000 - N80,000 for a start except you are very lucky. Now why you are on the job, humble yourself and learn the real deal as well as other computer skills relating to your job

IF YOU WANT TO BE ON YOUR OWN

HUMBLE YOURSELF!
HUMBLE YOURSELF!!
HUMBLE YOURSELF!!!

Look for something you have passion for. Learn it diligently, be patient and watch the money start rolling in.

5 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by jericco1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
learn a skill. 3rd class? shite
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by caesaraba(m): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
coolestchris:
What do you guys think
Third class from civil engineering

3rd class in civil engineering and you are shouting? Who gives a fück what you graduated with in blue collar professions? It's your skills set and on-field proficiency that matters. Leave that for office-job folks to worry about. Go find someone in your field who's practicing and intern under him. They should have told you back in school that this is the next advisable step after graduation. I'm in construction and the only question I've ever been asked is, "where did you study?" The next thing you'll hear is the client's brief and if you can get the job done.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by mrjojo: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Bros, you are in hot ogbono, grin grin on a serious note, this should be enough motivation to triple your hustle, like you have no reason to be lazy whatsoever, work hard and smart, learn the practical accept of civil engineering, be diligent and you will be fine
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
VulgarVulvas:

The nigga is approaching 40 fast with nothing to his name but his useless paper certificate from a useless Nigerian university which was made possible by his parents' picking the tab on his school fees. He tried getting a Master degree but was not able to get his aging parents to pay for it or get a paid position in a university (since nah only Shell and Chevron he won work for). He still dey house dey wait to inherit popsie house
bro e nu easy ooo, make u free d nigger small
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by sirfarouk(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
coolestchris:
What do you guys think

Volunteer with a related firm or enterprise. It will look good on your CV. However, if you feel volunteering is a waste of time - start a fish farm.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by daxon001(m): 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
VulgarVulvas:

The nigga is approaching 40 fast with nothing to his name but his useless paper certificate from a useless Nigerian university which was made possible by his parents' picking the tab on his school fees. He tried getting a Master degree but was not able to get his aging parents to pay for it or get a paid position in a university (since nah only Shell and Chevron he won work for). He still dey house dey wait to inherit popsie house

Wat are u saying? Doesn't a first class student from a Nigerian Uni (after 1st degree) get automatic study of Masters
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by oluwashedy: 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
As you fine reach na 3rd class u carry waka.... Abeg go find handwork cuz na wetin dy reign
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Bayhaqqi: 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
no hot water
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
Go to Samsung engineering School at Agidingbi,Laos if you are with that environment. Learn technical & practical skills. No be all those book knowledge
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Lovechyld101(m): 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Idgaf

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by chiefojiji(m): 12:20am On Jan 06, 2017
VulgarVulvas:
Third class should spur you to hustle and forget for good wasting your life trying to get additional worthless degrees.

Most 3rd class graduates I know usually get their game up and hustle for real unlike one idiot I know who came out with 1st class in the early 2000's and remains unemployable because of his arrogance. He however has graduated from news stand political debates to online shilling and he thinks he is making progress. Still lives in his parents house and still single and only gets down with oloshos and hood rats and house girls.

eleda boboyen ti sun falala!

kilooooooode!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by akashi01(m): 12:35am On Jan 06, 2017
HenryDion:

I'm a 200L student in the department of entrepreneurship.. I work mostly in my bedroom with my system. School is just for connection purposes and experience. Is not an end to a means.
WORD

Na same level we dey sef , Working part-time as an online freeelancer and at the same time learning more skills online. Man never blow yet but I dey Okay. If OP had started this a long time ago he wouldn't be lamenting here.

Coolestchris, the world is your canvas and the Internet is full of everything you need to start yourself up. Learn any possible IT skill, apply for internship in small companies around you. You might do that for free for the mean time, perfect your skills and have something reasonable on your CV. When you have sufficient Knowledge you can decide to startup your own business.

Quit romance section also, all the girls you dey follow there no go send you at all oo.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:49am On Jan 06, 2017
coolestchris:
What do you guys think
why won't u get 3rd class wen ur job is to always be an a$s hole one NL angry
c ya life now..
abasha

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2017
akashi01:

WORD

Na same level we dey sef , Working part-time as an online freeelancer and at the same time learning more skills online. Man never blow yet but I dey Okay. If OP had started this a long time ago he wouldn't be lamenting here.

Coolestchris, the world is your canvas and the Internet is full of everything you need to start yourself up. Learn any possible IT skill, apply for internship in small companies around you. You might do that for free for the mean time, perfect your skills and have something reasonable on your CV. When you have sufficient Knowledge you can decide to startup your own business.

Quit romance section also, all the girls you dey follow there no go send you at all oo.

The biggest market place in the world is the INTERNET.. I still find it lame when people still dream of being slaves to money by working in one stale company or the other. It's true that everybody must not be an entrepreneur, but it's also true that no one wants to be bossed around, no one wants a thin envelope at month end, no one wants to be at the mercy of TIME. Be your own boss and set the rules. Sadly, what stops us from taking a step is fear. Fear to fail.. Fear of losing money.. Fear of the uncertain. Money is one of the easiest thing to make.. But you have to build a solid foundation first if you must attest to that assertion, it doesn't just fly in from thin air.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:53am On Jan 06, 2017
sirfarouk:

Volunteer with a related firm or enterprise. It will look good on your CV. However, if you feel volunteering is a waste of time - start a fish farm.
nah agbero work fit d mofo
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by sirqeeboi(m): 4:16am On Jan 06, 2017
Graduating with pass in civil engineering doesn't matter as far u know the practical civil engineering works very well. .and u can show it. In my school they are some that know the practical civil jobs,some have work at civil firm b4 coming school..and they sell their self while in class to the lecturers. The lecturers do call them and work with them on site and they are not that academically strong. .even during ur I.T you can show case ur self to the ppl u are working for..and for ur academic u can do a post graduate b4 doing master. .for civil engineering it either u know the theoretical part very well or practical part..civil is the only engineering u can get that..I know 1st class students while on site get tired easily, and when the engineer tell them to be active on site.they will answer that is stressful and they will work as a lecturer. I also know of a guy who graduated with 1st class and didn't bother to work as civil engineer. .but knows that he will succeed in selling and buying and his a million naira today..civil engineering gives u broad mind into many opportunities. .u even try graduating with third class ..not all admitted civil engineer do graduate .I know a school were 22 out of 68 graduated..
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by indsstudy: 5:04am On Jan 06, 2017
g
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 5:46am On Jan 06, 2017
Ask4Info:
I will give you TWO USEFUL ADVICES:

IF YOU WANT TO WORK UNDER SOMEONE

Remove your mind from the likes of Julius Berger, Cappa and Alberto and other top Construction and Engineering firms. Humble yourself, go to the Lekki-Ibeji, Agbara, Mowe, Ewekoro areas depending on what part of Lagos you reside. There are countless of construction and engineering companies working on numerous sites in those areas. They are looking for people to fill various positions. They are less concerned about certificates, they just want someone who knows the knitty gritty real hand experience.

I bet you, if you submit your cv and talk to the owners or top management staff of 20 of such companies, i can assure you one or two will give you positive response.

Don't expect to get paid massively. Set your mind to within the salary rage of N50,000 - N80,000 for a start except you are very lucky. Now why you are on the job, humble yourself and learn the real deal as well as other computer skills relating to your job

IF YOU WANT TO BE ON YOUR OWN

HUMBLE YOURSELF!
HUMBLE YOURSELF!!
HUMBLE YOURSELF!!!

Look for something you have passion for. Learn it diligently, be patient and watch the money start rolling in.

nice one
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 5:47am On Jan 06, 2017
sirqeeboi:
Graduating with pass in civil engineering doesn't matter as far u know the practical civil engineering works very well. .and u can show it. In my school they are some that know the practical civil jobs,some have work at civil firm b4 coming school..and they sell their self while in class to the lecturers. The lecturers do call them and work with them on site and they are not that academically strong. .even during ur I.T you can show case ur self to the ppl u are working for..and for ur academic u can do a post graduate b4 doing master. .for civil engineering it either u know the theoretical part very well or practical part..civil is the only engineering u can get that..I know 1st class students while on site get tired easily, and when the engineer tell them to be active on site.they will answer that is stressful and they will work as a lecturer. I also know of a guy who graduated with 1st class and didn't bother to work as civil engineer. .but knows that he will succeed in selling and buying and his a million naira today..civil engineering gives u broad mind into many opportunities. .u even try graduating with third class ..not all admitted civil engineer do graduate .I know a school were 22 out of 68 graduated..
nice one
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 5:47am On Jan 06, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

nah agbero work fit d mofo

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 5:48am On Jan 06, 2017
Ariel20:
Go to Samsung engineering School at Agidingbi,Laos if you are with that environment. Learn technical & practical skills. No be all those book knowledge
What's ur point
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 5:49am On Jan 06, 2017
jericco1:
learn a skill. 3rd class? shite
were u deh work
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 5:50am On Jan 06, 2017
Bayhaqqi:
no hot water

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by WhoBeThisMan: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2017
coolestchris:
What do you guys think
I graduated 3rd class from electrical electronics engineering 2009. My dear I'm doing very very well. Trust me you will be fine. But you have to sit tight and forge ahead.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
I graduated 3rd class from electrical electronics engineering 2009. My dear I'm doing very very well. Trust me you will be fine. But you have to sit tight and forge ahead.
what type of sit tight
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by WhoBeThisMan: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2017
coolestchris:
what type of sit tight
face realities and forge ahead. As for me I went into business, I can say now that what I earn a day is more than what most people earn in a month. But business is not for every one, you know what you want to do in life, trust me, it's still possible. I know alot of 3rd class grad working in top oil companies and earning well.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by coolestchris(m): 7:09am On Jan 06, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
face realities and forge ahead. As for me I went into business, I can say now that what I earn a day is more than what most people earn in a month. But business is not for every one, you know what you want to do in life, trust me, it's still possible. I know alot of 3rd class grad working in top oil companies and earning well.
true though
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by Exturzee(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2017
you were already in soup befire you graduated...
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by samtol4(m): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Get practical skills to solve problems . Nobody pay you for degrees they pay you to solve problems .Degrees are good but not enough to pay bills .
Re: I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup by samtol4(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2017
As an engineer irrespective of your 3rd clss ,get practical skills even if u have first class without skills u are limited . I have seen a professional printer without waec feeding a master degree holder .Why ? He solves problems while the other going about with paper looking for job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Information about Osei Yaw Ababio and Africana-FEP Publishers / 2019/2020 Uniabuja Post Graduate Thread / I Was Almost Scammed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.