Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import (8869 Views)

We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended / Oil Price Crash: Worst Days For Nigeria Over – OPEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by ugees(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2017
Bro there is nothing worse in this life than suffering and not having hope. that is where we are right now.
What we absolutely need to do is TOTALLY eradicate the different forex rates, TOTALLY deregulate pms. Let both markets find their base levels. We will have high prices for a little while but we will eventually be very alright, and also much needed FDI will come in.

davodyguy:
It's unfortunate. I knew this was going to happen, as soon as international oil price PB picks up.

Only solution now is to further reduce exchange rate of naira to dollar for the importers, even though this may affect the black market rate.

Now it stands at N285-$1

Reduce to $1=N250 for genuine importers only.

I sincerely hope this may reduce the black market rate.

The exchange rate went up because of the low price of crude oil. Now that price is picking up, Godwin Emefiele, if he knows what he's doing, should do the needful.

Under GeJ, when oil price PB was $100, exchange rate was between N150-160, whilst black market rate was at N170 to a $1

1 Like

Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by almarthins(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2017
TRADELYN:
The only way out is to let technocrats (home and abroad) manage the economy; not leaving it in the hands of full time politicians. undecided
Donald Trump is already appointing great guys in key positions before taking over from Obama. angry

With the way things are going, even the EFFC will find it hard to fight corruption soon. embarassed

I am a Christian, but I hate it when I hear people say pray for the economy to be better.

If you doubt my views, just put GEJ there and in 2 months you will see positive changes because you can't buy experience. tongue
#JustBeingObjective

My friend if u have got nothing to say just ssssh! We shld put Gej there so that they can reloot n reload their account abi. Gej might be innocent but he is the type I call the "weak one" a go daddy!
Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by obailala(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2017
TRADELYN:
The only way out is to let technocrats (home and abroad) manage the economy; not leaving it in the hands of full time politicians. undecided
Donald Trump is already appointing great guys in key positions before taking over from Obama. angry

With the way things are going, even the EFFC will find it hard to fight corruption soon. embarassed

I am a Christian, but I hate it when I hear people say pray for the economy to be better.

If you doubt my views, just put GEJ there and in 2 months you will see positive changes because you can't buy experience. tongue
#JustBeingObjective
You just spoilt your beautiful write with your last sentence by mentioning GEJ's name as a messiah. Obviously you were ignorant of what happened within the last 6 months of GEJ when everything began crumbling as soon as oil prices began to crash (and that was even despite all the world class technocrats managing things then).
Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by obailala(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2017
nwakibie3:
If an individual (dangote) can build a refinery, then what stops the federal government from building one? Does it mean that dangote is richer than the federal government?
I think the mega-bureaucracy involved in the FG building a refinery, and the fact that a large pack of wolves are always around table waiting to pounce on any good development by any FG, that explains why an individual can far more easily achieve certain things in this country than the FG.

1 Like

Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by porozhniy(m): 10:22am On Jan 06, 2017
Successive Governments have failed woefully in putting an end to petroleum products importation. Given how continued importation is bleeding the economy dry, I don't understand why the FG cant strong arm these guys into building their own refineries.
Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by drss2(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2017
PUSH1:

You spoiled everything calling that guy's name.
let me repeat it again. put GEJ today on d seat n nigeria will come out of recession within 1 year.
Re: Higher Oil Price Forces Marketers Off Import by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2017
drss2:
let me repeat it again. put GEJ today on d seat n nigeria will come out of recession within 1 year.

Maybe he will bring out his looted dollars to boast the economy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo: PDP Extends Sale Of Forms To Accommodate Agboola Ajayi / 2023: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt / EKSG Cautions Filling Stations, Petroleum Marketers Against Hoarding Of Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.