Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo (65061 Views)

“pastor Adeboye Made A Useless Statement About Opening Churches Everywhere” / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? / Adeboye Still General Overseer Of RCCG, But Stepped Down As Nigerian Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by wellmax(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Really??

And what your point from the passage you referred to. Why not read from start to finish. Verse 12 begins "...when thou hast made a end of tithing...." do you understand there is some commandment before verse 12.

This post isn't about tithing, so I'll stop here.
Tithing is biblical, I believe it, it works for me. You don't believe it, so be it. Leave those of us who do.
After all you are not any way better by keeping 100% of your income.
Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
What's all this?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by jpworld(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Princejydo:

RCCG appoints based on God leading and seniority of pastor

All RCCG important post, are headed by South west people, even provisional pastor all yoruba men.

RCCG is pure Yoruba church, any ibo man going there in the name of God is M.U.M.U.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by azimibraun: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
I check the list of appointees. The thing is lopsided sort of sha... All from One region. 2pac asked if heaven has got a ghetto and in that vain I ask if heaven has got a West side?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
wellmax:
[s][/s]
Believe hungry bloogers at your own expense. The law has been in existence since 2011.

So he wouldn't have anointed his fat son as his replacement?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by CecyAdrian(f): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
wellmax:

And what your point from the passage you referred to. Why not read from start to finish. Verse 12 begins "...when thou hast made a end of tithing...." do you understand there is some commandment before verse 12.

This post isn't about tithing, so I'll stop here.
Tithing is biblical, I believe it, it works for me. You don't believe it, so be it. Leave those of us who do.
After all you are not any way better by keeping 100% of your income.
Shalom.

Who said I don't believe in tithing, what am asking is this, are you tithing the right way?

Shalom
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by kolexy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
FreeGlobe:
All the pastors appointed senior pastors are from the south west and yet redeemed is supposed to be a national church with major contributors and members from other parts of Nigeria.. We are learning.. undecided

Lol........no federal character abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by wellmax(m): 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
Zamfaran:

So he wouldn't have anointed his fat son as his replacement?
Sorry I got no time for mindless internet fiddlers.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by rev2214(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Whatever the case maybe; The Church is still marching on, never forget the foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by wellmax(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Who said I don't believe in tithing, what am asking is this, are you tithing the right way?

Shalom

And what's the right way madam?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
KenModi:

We have arrived! cool
This RCCG palava is none of my business, but I think...

i pity you
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by revivalistdee(m): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Zamfaran:
We have already read that.
The man was forced to resign by Buhari. Left for him he would have stayed on till death and anoint his fat last son as replacement.
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/my-father-never-wanted-to-resign-buhari-forced-him-leke-adeboye/

wetin concerns government and the church. this our country self ......... Dia Ris God O,
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by CecyAdrian(f): 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
wellmax:

And what's the right way madam?

Read your bible young man, I even helped you out with some verses to note. Deuteronomy and Malachi are all in the old Testament. Ask yourself why one is favoured by pastors over the other
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
wellmax:

Sorry I got no time for mindless internet fiddlers.
Ok
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Omooba77: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
Naijahelm:
The Redeemed Christian Church of God has released a memo indicating that Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye's appointment of Pastor Joseph Obayemi as the General Overseer was prompted by a new Legislation in Nigeria.

Read the memo below.

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/01/rccg-releases-memo-indicating-why.html?m=1

Pastor J.O.Obayemi is the NEW OVERSEER RCCG NIGERIA and not General OverSeer.

1 Like

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by wellmax(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Read your bible young man, I even helped you out with some verses to note. Deuteronomy and Malachi are all in the old Testament. Ask yourself why one is favoured by pastors over the other
Lol, you quoted a verse, I see no contradiction. I ask you point out anything you want understanding of, yet nothing.
I read, study and obey the entire Bible. No verse is favoured above another.
Read for yourself, Pastors can only guide.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by yedidiah(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
It was very obvious that Pastor Adeboye wasn't going to hand over to any of his family members in the first place.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by SmartyPants(m): 12:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:
No matter how they want to coat this thing, it's simply not right!

It's just like Peter who is the rock on which the church is built on saying that he is no more the rock/leader in Jerusalem but he is stil the rock on which other church over the world should be built on.

RCCG stop using government as an excuse. What am I even saying

When are they IDGAF crew arriving please angry

What are you saying?

1. This memo makes it clear that Pastor Adeboye is still the spiritual leader of RCCG in Nigeria and everywhere else

2. It is not about the man. He has played his role in founding the church but he does not need to remain in that position forever. Paul sowed, Appollos watered. We are talking about the church of Christ here not the Church of any man.

3. Someone must one day take over from him but that is not even what has happened here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by SmartyPants(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
revivalistdee:

wetin concerns government and the church. this our country self ......... Dia Ris God O,

The Church is a massive organization that owns property, employs people, and (i believe), carries out income making activities. While the government has little business with the spiritual activity of any religious organization, in terms of the aforementioned, it is the right thing to do for the Church organization to be regulated.

In fact, even though i am a staunch christian, i am in favor of the Church paying tax. The reason is simple: tax, ordinarily, is used to develop the country so i would imagine that the Church should be happy to pay tax. Further, Jesus paid tax and taught us to give unto Cesar what belongs to Cesar and unto God what belongs to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nothing changed in the RCCG. It is just like the Pope relinquishing the Bishop of Rome title while he retains the position of the head of Roman Catholic Church worldwide, including Rome. Adeboye is still Oga patapata of the church. In fact, the new Overseer, Nigeria has been demoted; from heading the church's finances, he's now heading only Nigerian administration .
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
oyeb15:
Nice move. Since he didn't pick his family member , I credit him for that. The Church is founded by God through a Yoruba man and the Yoruba will always lead it no matter how those people try to package their anointing.
read the law well, the law mandated him not to transfer power to any of his family members. Na only his family God go dey call?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by mayoor15(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
FreeGlobe:
All the pastors appointed senior pastors are from the south west and yet redeemed is supposed to be a national church with major contributors and members from other parts of Nigeria.. We are learning.. undecided
This is church not politics, you think he just picked people on his own without praying.....Whatever qualms you have with our leaders don't involve things of God,

2 Likes

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by damilareoye: 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
How people find this issue difficult to understand still baffles me. Would he have willingly submit the leadership all because of one ulterior motive or tiredness? Something he has worked for its achievements for years, i guess not or who will do that?

I was even thinking people would be wailing that all these G.O's should make the leadership of their church rotational. Not fighting against someone trying to abide by rules.

Btw, he was said to still be the overall overseer.

God bless redeemers, God bless me.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by NoToPile: 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
Why are people shouting tribalism. I just don't understand people again oo.

We know that most people who are currently senior pastors in most churches are those who have been in the church for a long time and most likely have been in the church when the church just started, and if that happens to be people from the same region as which he comes from ,how is that an offence.

Its just like expecting to see a Yoruba senior pastor at watchman or Lords chosen , when most of the pastors that started with the church are from another region.

Besides when did Federal character/tribalism begin to have a place in church. Is it anyone's fault if the most senior pastors are from a particular region.Will you make a new pastor of 5 years in ministry a senior pastor before someone who has spent 25years pastoring.

Nawa for people oo.

I don't attend redeem but its good to state some facts.

3 Likes

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by crown777(m): 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Enoch Adejare Adeboye, a pastor and general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), only relinquished his position as head of the Nigeria church but will remain RCCG’s worldwide overseer, the church has clarified.[b]

My own opinion;

Hmmm Papa Adeboye just created unending problem;

Reasons below;

1. He just divided RCCG.
2. Who is going to head RCCG International when he passed on ( his son or wife)?

In the nutshell the founder of RCCG owns RCCG Nigeria and Papa Adeboye owns RCCG International. Two captain can not run a single ship. There would be conflict of interest and the RCCG Nigeria GO is relegated to management of Nigeria RCCG alone.

How do they intended to manage the Congress with 2 GO's local and international?

With time are we going to have RCCG USA GO and other countries too?

I think RCCG seized to be a church now a multi national company.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by histemple: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
oyeb15:
Nice move. Since he didn't pick his family member , I credit him for that. The Church is founded by God through a Yoruba man and the Yoruba will always lead it no matter how those people try to package their anointing.

Before you give him the credit, please be informed that the law which forced him to appoint the new G.O also forbids him from appointing his family members.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by domido(m): 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:
No matter how they want to coat this thing, it's simply not right!

It's just like Peter who is the rock on which the church is built on saying that he is no more the rock/leader in Jerusalem but he is stil the rock on which other church over the world should be built on.

RCCG stop using government as an excuse. What am I even saying

When are they IDGAF crew arriving please angry
Well, am sure by ur statement you are not a member of the church. If not you'll Know it was a political motive. Also, there's a reason why he said all members should join a political party.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by kinzation(m): 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
KOMBE:
How do we now blame Buhari for appointing mainly people from the North and his locality into government positions if churches are doing the same thing... PLEASE GOD ALLOW RAPTURE TO TAKE PLACE NOW.
Lol are u ready for the rapture?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by FreeGlobe(f): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
mayoor15:
This is church not politics, you think he just picked people on his own without praying.....Whatever qualms you have with our leaders don't involve things of God,
but if same is done outside the church you will criticize.. yeye
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by domido(m): 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
joshing:

Whats wrng ma....that they are law abiding
Lack of information.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Jacko1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Why cant an ibo man be in governing council

Y.... Tribalism dey church sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Names Of God And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.