Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo (65062 Views)

“pastor Adeboye Made A Useless Statement About Opening Churches Everywhere” / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? / Adeboye Still General Overseer Of RCCG, But Stepped Down As Nigerian Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by wink2015(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Who will Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, G. O. of Word of Life Bible Chuch ( International Gospel Centre ) Ajamimogha, Warri, Delta state handover to?

He does not seem to have any successor as everything about the church is built around his person and his wife, Mama Helen Oritsejafor.

This law don make things red for them O!

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:
No matter how they want to coat this thing, it's simply not right!

It's just like Peter who is the rock on which the church is built on saying that he is no more the rock/leader in Jerusalem but he is stil the rock on which other church over the world should be built on.

RCCG stop using government as an excuse. What am I even saying

When are they IDGAF crew arriving please angry
Read well so u can understand well, if you don't then ask questions.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
oyeb15:
Nice move. Since he didn't pick his family member , I credit him for that. The Church is founded by God through a Yoruba man and the Yoruba will always lead it no matter how those people try to package their anointing.
Tribalism in the church? #scary
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by cicofino: 1:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Where is de IDGAF crew plss...ur attention is highly needed
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ariesbull: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
warriorPedigree:
well the prophecy was that the government will fight the church, I like it, it's high time Christians rise up and stopped being irresponsible.

It is not a prophecy..They had idea if the law and must have often insider information. Why don't tell government do the same in catholic and Anglican church

It's just penticostal pastors keep embarrassing Christians
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by 0b10010011: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
KenModi:

We have arrived! cool

This RCCG palava is none of my business, but I think...

You cracked me up dude
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by 0b10010011: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
jpworld:

All RCCG important post, are headed by South west people, even provisional pastor all yoruba men.

RCCG is pure Yoruba church, any ibo man going there in the name of God is M.U.M.U.

Going by your statement, I can outrightly deduce with strong affirmation that "Christianity is fu*ked"

Even when is glaring it's a scam, its structures re still fu*ked. Too much division and beliefs within it.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by orisa37: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
NO Bleep IN HEAVEN!!!
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by NaWetinDey(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lol.

Ethnic business bigots with religious undertone.

SMH
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Blackfire(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
akinszz:
Oh! U want make dem pass am to yiboooes, so make dem turn d church to buzinezzi like onitsha market.... Embanu... It won't happen

This is one of the reason I left Christianity..

To all u igbo redeemed members... Are u seeing this?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Blackfire(m): 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Princejydo:

RCCG appoints based on God leading and seniority of pastor

So that your god that collects there tithe, offering and massive donations don't know them and?
Igbo people I hope u are seeing your foolishness in a Yoruba man's church.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Austinoiz(m): 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Church of Western pastors run with massive tithes from mumu Easterners.

Anyways, wetin concern me kwanu...
PROUDLY CATHOLIC...If see me for any Pentecostal Church, just know say WOMAN, probabily, one from the DIRTY REGION don hypnotize me.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:

It's just like Peter who is the rock on which the church is built on saying that he is no more the rock/leader in Jerusalem but he is stil the rock on which other church over the world should be built on.

but what has government policies got to do with the church. am still amazed
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by enemyofprogress: 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
FreeGlobe:
All the pastors appointed senior pastors are from the south west and yet redeemed is supposed to be a national church with major contributors and members from other parts of Nigeria.. We are learning.. undecided
have you not heard of possessing your possession? We have tooked over what rightfully belongs to us,please tell your people to corporate and continue to pay their tithes for the development of south west cheesy grin grin

FreeGlobe ajepako vickyrotex aminat508 osusumustflow rokiatu funjosh lala seun juliaann fabfunmi notoriousbabe iyangbali and babangbali I loves you but I knows you people doesn't loves me that is why I dash una dis tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ozoebuka1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
akinszz:
Oh! U want make dem pass am to yiboooes, so make dem turn d church to buzinezzi like onitsha market.... Embanu... It won't happen
just look at the people am supposed to be attending same church with...if this ur church is the only xtian church on earth and judging from your bia leadership appointment, then, i'd rather be a babalawo than be a part of ur church... if you can't trust your fellow church men, what makes you think God will trust in your prayers...all the redemerz should have a sobber reflection on the grounds of their church ethics.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by enemyofprogress: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
jpworld:

All RCCG important post, are headed by South west people, even provisional pastor all yoruba men.

RCCG is pure Yoruba church, any ibo man going there in the name of God is M.U.M.U.
e pain am tongue tongue tongue don't forget to come to church and pay your tithe to pastor afonja grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by enemyofprogress: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
akinszz:
grin grin grin grin I love this country. Everything is politics
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by enemyofprogress: 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Blackfire:

So that your god that collects there tithe, offering and massive donations don't know them and?
Igbo people I hope u are seeing your foolishness in a Yoruba man's church.
is that why you no come church today?no problem,Bishop afonja said I should tell you to bring your tithe to his house o grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:

You no make sense

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Montaque(m): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Are you serious?? No wonder all you lot think this way, I may need a pastor when I have my bible and the free gift of the Holy Ghost?

Sit down and study your bible, stop depending on a man who has one head as you, invite the Holy Spirit to interpret for you.

If you asked the questions, it shows you need an interpreter. The ethiopean eunuch read the bible but needed philip to explain to him, so don't down-play the divine role of scriptural instruction of a teacher. I know that's the trend everywhere on NL, but the reality is that most of these people don't know that God gave some special set of people the gift of teaching saints and ministration.

Now to the main issue. Jesus told peter that he will build his church upon "the divine revelation that he is the christ"; not on peter as a person or his character which is fallible. Jesus is the rock, the chief cornerstone, the truth and the life. It is upon this truth that the church is built, not upon peter or any apostle for that matter.
That is why even after peter betrayed christ, and he manifested hypocrisy as regards the gentiles and after his death, the church moves forward, because it is built on what can never die, lie or fail - which is the truth that jesus is the son of God and that he is the christ (meaning the saviour of mankind).
I pity you if your christian faith is built upon a man.

1 Like

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Holyman3(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Princejydo:

RCCG appoints based on God leading and seniority of pastor

What a tribal discriminatory God you serve.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by akinszz: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
The truth is hard to come by... Are u saying baba should by pass all d foundation member and pass it to one nnewi man. Mbanu... Ko jor.. Yeeboo and hypocracy are like bread and butter.
Blackfire:

This is one of the reason I left Christianity..

To all u igbo redeemed members... Are u seeing this?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Blackfire(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
akinszz:
The truth is hard to come by... Are u saying baba should by pass all d foundation member and pass it to one nnewi man. Mbanu... Ko jor.. Yeeboo and hypocracy are like bread and butter.

The gullible igbos are taking note.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by akinszz: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Na today... Even the air u breath is politics, the food u eat is politics, being alive is politics... Everything about life is polictics. So deal with it.
enemyofprogress:
grin grin grin grin I love this country. Everything is politics
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Blackfire(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
enemyofprogress:
is that why you no come church today?no problem,Bishop afonja said I should tell you to bring your tithe to his house o grin grin tongue

Don't worry the igbos are now seeing there foolery.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by enemyofprogress: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Blackfire:

Don't worry the igbos are now seeing there foolery.
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ability19: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Zamfaran:
We have already read that.
The man was forced to resign by Buhari. Left for him he would have stayed on till death and anointed his fat last son as replacement.
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/my-father-never-wanted-to-resign-buhari-forced-him-leke-adeboye/

I doubt if u are a christain with ur words man control ur tongue very important.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Kaysalas(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Having read all the comments so far, i want to urge all non-yoruba members of the RCCG to please focus on the God they serve and not allow ethnic sentiment from our brothers to affect your relationship with God. Dont be swayed by the tribalism some of our people here are promoting; Church nor be Naija where FEDERAL CHARACTER must to follow. if na so, tell me the ethnic make up of THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHURCH's leadership.
To all Yorubas saying the G.O position cannot go to the ibo or other folks someday, you are not God, remember Apostolic Faith Church, that had Yoruba General Superindents for decades only for a certain Rev. Paul Akazue to occupy that post. God will do as He will, that is why He is God

2 Likes

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by mayoor15(m): 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
FreeGlobe:

but if same is done outside the church you will criticize.. yeye
I don't criticise any government both church and the country cos I know if the so called youths you want power to be given to are given the opportunity, the will do far more worse, it is the poor that are fighting that one tribe should do this and that, the rich don't fucking care, whether it's an igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, Efik, tiv or whatever that is manning a post, the rich will keep getting RICHER and you know the rest. Everyone should face his or her own business and stop shouting marginalisation. If you are opportune to be the president today, no be your own people you go put in key places? Hope you answer me sincerely.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:
Enough of this rubbish already...No one gives a fùck who is general overseer of any where besides Aso rock ... Somebody please post some snake pictures so we can see something interesting

In my opinion, I believe you were not forced to read the post.. Save your stupidity for the jokes section.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by mayoor15(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
Kaysalas:
Having read all the comments so far, i want to urge all non-yoruba members of the RCCG to please focus on the God they serve and not allow ethnic sentiment from our brothers to affect your relationship with God. Dont be swayed by the tribalism some of our people here are promoting; Church nor be Naija where FEDERAL CHARACTER must to follow. if na so, tell me the ethnic make up of THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHURCH's leadership.
To all Yorubas saying the G.O position cannot go to the ibo or other folks someday, you are not God, remember Apostolic Faith Church, that had Yoruba General Superindents for decades only for a certain Rev. Paul Akazue to occupy that post. God will do as He will, that is why He is God
Exactly my point, for GO to pin point those people, am sure God give him the name and he heard it well, you think a man that God has helped to raise such a great church will watch and let one man come destroy everything he has labour to built, this man resigned his professorship just for this work and he will now follow his wisdom cos he don't want people to cry tribalism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Names Of God And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.