Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo (65063 Views)

“pastor Adeboye Made A Useless Statement About Opening Churches Everywhere” / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? / Adeboye Still General Overseer Of RCCG, But Stepped Down As Nigerian Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by akinszz: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
There are ranks/hierarchy in any church structure, so don't be sobber @ all. Are u saying baba should bypass all the foundation members and pass it to one okoro man from enugu abi? Ko le possible... Mind u there are ethics and regulations that the church follow. I'm not a member and i've never step my foot to any redeem church. Guy, politics is everywhere. So dont feel sad that u see one in redeem church.
ozoebuka1:
just look at the people am supposed to be attending same church with...if this ur church is the only xtian church on earth and judging from your bia leadership appointment, then, i'd rather be a babalawo than be a part of ur church... if you can't trust your fellow church men, what makes you think God will trust in your prayers...all the redemerz should have a sobber reflection on the grounds of their church ethics.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
plavic:

In my opinion, I believe you were not forced to read the post.. Save your stupidity for the jokes section.
Hey another inbred cretin trying to air an opinion nobody asked for ...
GTFO
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ozoebuka1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
akinszz:
There are ranks/hierarchy in any church structure, so don't be sobber @ all. Are u saying baba should bypass all the foundation members and pass it to one okoro man from enugu abi? Ko le possible... Mind u there are ethics and regulations that the church follow. I'm not a member and i've never step my foot to any redeem church. Guy, politics is everywhere. So dont feel sad that u see one in redeem church.
yes, there's politics everywhere but when it isn't played rightly, it becomes uncomfortable to a reasoning mind...if the redeemerz want to play politics, atleast they should design it in such a way that it can appeal to morality.and posterity, they should structure it in such a way that it wouldn't be glaring even to a common man...emotion is a fundamental quality of man, if toiled with could be disastrous ...redeemerz are embarrassing the whole christian community with their petty and half-baked politics.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by snowblaq(f): 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
FreeGlobe:
All the pastors appointed senior pastors are from the south west and yet redeemed is supposed to be a national church with major contributors and members from other parts of Nigeria.. We are learning.. undecided
.......let ur focus be on God and not the pastors......
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by akinszz: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wether half-baked or full-baked or whatever bake you can think of, politics has to be played. And most of the time we complain because it doesn't go the way we feel it should be. It' natural we feel that way, but how we feel will never change how people involved think the way it should be... Church leadership do not go the way democracy.
ozoebuka1:
yes, there's politics everywhere but when it isn't played rightly, it becomes uncomfortable to a reasoning mind...if the redeemerz want to play politics, atleast they should design it in such a way that it can appeal to morality.and posterity, they should structure it in such a way that it wouldn't be glaring even to a common man...emotion is a fundamental quality of man, if toiled with could be disastrous ...redeemerz are embarrassing the whole christian community with their petty and half-baked politics.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Abillsable: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
ucsparks:
from Yorubas to Yorubas,, fucking tribalistic Church angry

The church is not a geopolitical entity.It is a spiritual place.It does not recognize ethnicity.It recognizes souls .The Holy Spirit is the appointer of leaders and the leadership.These things are not done the way the world is run.It is not democratic."We are in the world ,not of this world".
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ademusiwa2r: 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pastor. Adeboye should note that Mr obayemi is not a Yorubaman. He is involve in fraud
He is just a person who change his name.

And churches should not encourage fraud

And it does not speak well of pastor adeboye church.

And if pastor adeboye is god fearing. Pastor adeboye should obey the word of God

Churches encouraging fraud is not nice.

I personally will not get involve in this issue, but it will not speak well of Nigeria as a country.

I will say this is the 4th time fraudster are been names as general overseas of Nigeria churches. It does not speak well of the country of Nigeria.

State most give identify card from the day, they are born to when they die

Segun
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Funjosh(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
enemyofprogress:
have you not heard of possessing your possession? We have tooked over what rightfully belongs to us,please tell your people to corporate and continue to pay their tithes for the development of south west cheesy grin grin

FreeGlobe ajepako vickyrotex aminat508 osusumustflow rokiatu funjosh lala seun juliaann fabfunmi notoriousbabe iyangbali and babangbali I loves you but I knows you people doesn't loves me that is why I dash una dis tongue tongue tongue

I know some day you will be alright sad
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by dview001(m): 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
if u look @ me closely ..I mean squarely in fact deeply u will realise that I DONT GIVE A FVCK
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by franugo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
oyeb15:
Nice move. Since he didn't pick his family member , I credit him for that. The Church is founded by God through a Yoruba man and the Yoruba will always lead it no matter how those people try to package their anointing.
t

obviously u didn't read d first post on this issue...d law stipulates dt d GO cannot hand over to a family member, dt is d only reason he was forced to appoing obayemi...
Ur tribalistic tendencies have been noted, kwontinu.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Temysteve(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
Zamfaran:
We have already read that.
The man was forced to resign by Buhari. Left for him he would have stayed on till death and anointed his fat last son as replacement.
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/my-father-never-wanted-to-resign-buhari-forced-him-leke-adeboye/
u just a dundee united.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
Temysteve:
u just a dundee united.
Thanks
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:

Hey another inbred cretin trying to air an opinion nobody asked for ...
GTFO

Sorry, was I meant to be offended? The only thing offending me is your idiocy.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Temysteve(m): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
Zamfaran:
Thanks
e ka bo.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by akoko11: 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
oyeb15:
Nice move. Since he didn't pick his family member , I credit him for that. The Church is founded by God through a Yoruba man and the Yoruba will always lead it no matter how those people try to package their anointing.
This is uncalled for
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by Peterwins(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
Part of the reasons both founded and unfounded can be ascribed to the Financial Reporting Council code of corporate governance for NFPO:

1. The Code of Corporate Governance for the Private Sector is mandatory.
2. The Code of Governance for Not-for-Profit entities is “Comply or Justify non-compliance” see: http://www.financialreportingcouncil.gov.ng/news-center/frc-releases-draft-national-code-of-corporate-governance/

Interested parties/NFPO should also read the 29 pages pdf document of the FRC NFPO Governance code. It's downloadable from the FRC website

I really do not support government's unnecessary interference in spiritual and religious affairs. It becomes politicized and religious freedom and association becomes inhibited. I wonder what CAN, PFN and other well meaning christian organisations are doing to stop these unnecessary government interference. "While men slept.............".

However, any Christian Organisation or NFPO can refuse the FRC goverance code by justifying non-compliance according to the Compliance Framework on section 7.3 of the NFPO Goverance Code.

Are the Christians in Nigeria sleeping while the enemy is tactically sowing torns in the field?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by MATEX30: 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
wow! This is a great and welcome development, i pray God continually keep and uphold the RCCG Church forever in Jesus mighty name!!!

http://dunamisblog.com/rccg-releases-memo-indicating-why-pastor-adeboye-made-pastor-obayemi-general-overseer/

Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by AlPeter: 6:01am On Jan 09, 2017
Why are the iboz acting like this? Very disgusting.
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by aalangel(f): 6:37am On Jan 09, 2017
KenModi:

We have arrived! cool

This RCCG palava is none of my business, but I think...

This is tooo much!!! Using Pastor's picture for this?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by menxer: 6:43am On Jan 09, 2017
So RCCG now have 2 heads (GOs)

GO1 oversees RCCG global (including RCCG Nigeria)
GO2 oversees RCCG Nigeria

Why would RCCG Ghana not want GO3 as overseer?

Makes senses.
grin
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ayindejimmy(m): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2017
FreeGlobe:
All the pastors appointed senior pastors are from the south west and yet redeemed is supposed to be a national church with major contributors and members from other parts of Nigeria.. We are learning.. undecided

Before you derailed this post into ethnic bashing post, the question you should ask is that,
"At the inception of RCCG, how many of leaders were not from the west?

"RCCG was founded in 1952 by Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi (1909–1980) after he had been involved in a number of other churches. [2] [3] Rev. Akindayomi chose
Enoch Adeboye as the next General overseer. Enoch Adeboye was a lecturer in mathematics at the University of Lagos, Nigeria, as at the time he joined the church in 1973. Adeboye initially became one of the interpreters translating Akindayomi's sermons from Yoruba to English. He was ordained a pastor of the church in 1975, and his appointment as leader(General overseer) of the church was formalized by the posthumous reading of Akindayomi's sealed pronouncement."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redeemed_Christian_Church_of_God

So, you expect them to bypass founding members just to justify your ethnic inferiority complex ?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by ayindejimmy(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2017
Peterwins:
Part of the reasons both founded and unfounded can be ascribed to the Financial Reporting Council code of corporate governance for NFPO:

1. The Code of Corporate Governance for the Private Sector is mandatory.
2. The Code of Governance for Not-for-Profit entities is “Comply or Justify non-compliance” see: http://www.financialreportingcouncil.gov.ng/news-center/frc-releases-draft-national-code-of-corporate-governance/

Interested parties/NFPO should also read the 29 pages pdf document of the FRC NFPO Governance code. It's downloadable from the FRC website

I really do not support government's unnecessary interference in spiritual and religious affairs. It becomes politicized and religious freedom and association becomes inhibited. I wonder what CAN, PFN and other well meaning christian organisations are doing to stop these unnecessary government interference. "While men slept.............".

However, any Christian Organisation or NFPO can refuse the FRC goverance code by justifying non-compliance according to the Compliance Framework on section 7.3 of the NFPO Goverance Code.

Are the Christians in Nigeria sleeping while the enemy is tactically sowing torns in the field?

What's nonprofit about churches that own schools and sell literatures for profits?
Re: Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo by andyprez(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2017
CecyAdrian:
No matter how they want to coat this thing, it's simply not right!

It's just like Peter who is the rock on which the church is built on saying that he is no more the rock/leader in Jerusalem but he is stil the rock on which other church over the world should be built on.

RCCG stop using government as an excuse. What am I even saying

When are they IDGAF crew arriving please angry

It might not concern u in 2017 but will in 2037! It pains me that many of the so called "Christians" are blind and myopic in their thinking.

You do not bother when you don't hear this in other religions or do u even bother when clerics of other religions are protected from public ridicule.

Or do you think that only christian leaders that loots, womanizes or are even fake. Never forget that no one is perfect. Allow God and the rule of law to take its place if their crimes are committed against humanity.

When they make it a tenor, this automatically brings strife, corruption, malice n hatred. Pastors will slander against opposing pastors, campaigns will be done to gain favors etc and yet a sultan can lead for 50years or more if time permits.

I just pity our faith but remain confident in the promises that says "even the gates of hell shall not prevail".

God help us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Names Of God And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.