Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96008 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

did you see someone call me a swindler or not? did you reprimand him?

my point is, no need being hypocritical. I didn't insult you or anyone here too wink smiley
no bro I never saw it....and dat also doesn't make it right...if u claim 2 b the light of the world,wud insults make u draw unbelievers close to God...well Dats ur opinion....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
captainrock:
What Of Church Building, renovation, maintenance, fuel for d generator, for example my church used to rent the land we use and we pay monthly before we bought the land. all dis offering we give and we still ask questions about whr it went to is nt genuine offering. u shud give from ur heart n forget about it, afterall its nt by force. tithe is ordained frm God n we ought to pay because pastors are God messengers who solicit for us sometimes and 10& to be honest is nt too much if God bless d remaining 90%.

What do they do with the offerings, prophet seed, first fruit and the rest??
dose things you quoted as being reasons why pastors receive tithes only validates my point about tithers...
All dose expenses u listed can b taken care of with a simple contribution weekly....Paul did it with the Corinthians,so I don't see any reason why it can't work now..
the early Christians in acts did the same....so I don't understand why it can't b possible without tithes...
..wen contributions are made with d right intentions,genuine and benevolent Christians will give almost "every thing" they have...
never underestimate d heart of a generous giver....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Ovamboland(m): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

I will if the vision is from God

You will kill your child today if the vision is from God, bros why you dey lie like this now

And you are ready to sleep with you house maid committing fornication in the name of Jesus, are you kidding?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
CecyAdrian:

You amuse me, you are doing it wrongly oga! Why can't you all read Deuteronomy 14!

Even if you want to continue paying your tithe, just know that Doing it wrongly means disobeying God's directive and you know God doesn't like disobedience. If you must pay tithe, pay it the right way!!
Was malachi drunk when he made those statements about tithe, obviously NO. Don't you think you are quoting bible verses to support your own sign of the arguments on tithe. Well, either ways, I don't have any problem with the tithe payment, so far it is meant for the house of God. Please tell me the bible verse that says those who pay tithe (rightly or wrongly) will be punished.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

1 Timothy 1:9
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.
9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

if u think the law is good,why are you not obeying other laws? why are you only obeying and keeping one while u leave the rest?

I didn't say I'm obeying the law . Tithes and offering are kingdom principles and the fact that they are contained in the law does not demonized them.

according to hebrews 7,the law[quote] was never good cos it made nothing perfect....it was also useless because it never showed or depicted d true picture of God our father...
true d law was good but it was never meant for a believer...
Ephesians 2:14
Colossians 2:6 - 23
Romans 10:4

t...but once we have been led to Christ,d dictates and practices of the law has no effect on us....

dere used to be a popular illustration....if u are travelling to Lagos from portharcourt.... and u needed two buses to get dere.....let's say d first bus will take you to Edo state,and u board Anoda bus to Lagos....
the bus from portharcourt to Benin has already completed its mission....now a different bus will have to take u to Lagos....d law was meant to lead us 2 Christ by showing us our sins,but wen Christ was revealed,d law no longer had an effect on us...in other words,we are no longer meant to abide by those laws any more...

Well if you understand my point . The long write up may not be necessary . I'm not advocating living under the law . My point is . The fact that certain things are contained in the law don't make them evil .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

bro I asked u simple questions... though u haven't answered any...and no am not implying dat ur tithe payment will either take u 2 hell or heaven...my emphasis is based on d scriptures and not human insertions....pls kindly answer my questions... tanks bro
You see my good brother, I started working in 1985 and I must tell you indeed that I worked and worked but no reasonable savings until 1992 when I started paying my tithe. Since that 1982, my finances has know no bound and all I touch turns to Gold; God has always been there for me. whatsoever stories you tell me is by the way, if you are in my position would you go back into not paying tithe (Egypt). FYI, I have a friend who does not pay his tithe (This is a life story and I am not exagerating it or mocking him), who has been sick now for over 3 years. I know for sure that Malachi was in his sound mind both spiritually and physically when he attached a promise to paying tithe; that thou may be prosperous.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ovamboland:

You will kill your child today if the vision is from God, bros why you dey lie like this now

And you are ready to sleep with you house maid committing fornication in the name of Jesus, are you kidding?

If it's from God why not.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
You see my good brother, I started working in 1985 and I must tell you indeed that I worked and worked but no reasonable savings until 1992 when I started paying my tithe. Since that 1982, my finances has know no bound and all I touch turns to Gold; God has always been there for me. whatsoever stories you tell me is by the way, if you are in my position would you go back into not paying tithe (Egypt). FYI, I have a friend who does not pay his tithe (This is a life story and I am not exagerating it or mocking him), who has been sick now for over 3 years. I know for sure that Malachi was in his sound mind both spiritually and physically when he attached a promise to paying tithe; that thou may be prosperous.
You have already sentenced him to mockery....simply because he has been sick for years,you attributed it to his non payment of tithe....Astonishing shocked shocked
What if he gets well today?
And he never paid a single tithe,wat wud u call that? luck? grin grin

Still remember a pastor who inquired from a lady whether she paid tithe and also attributed her childlessness to her non payment of tithe...incredible cheesy cheesy
So the ministers will check if a believer has an issue and blame the person's non payment of tithe....
Yet there are successful men and women who have never paid tithes and they get wealthy every day....so what wud u say about them?
My brother pls help me provide answers to my question....its very easy....Thanks in advance! smiley
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=Gombs post=53058145][/quote]

Titihing is not wickedness
If you love .. you will not ignore justice
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

You have already sentenced him to mockery....simply because he has been sick for years,you attributed it to his non payment of tithe....Astonishing shocked shocked
What if he gets well today?
And he never paid a single tithe,wat wud u call that? luck? grin grin

Still remember a pastor who inquired from a lady whether she paid tithe and also attributed her childlessness to her non payment of tithe...incredible cheesy cheesy
So the ministers will check if a believer has an issue and blame the person's non payment of tithe....
Yet there are successful men and women who have never paid tithes and they get wealthy every day....so what wud u say about them?
My brother pls help me provide answers to my question....its very easy....Thanks in advance! smiley
I did not force you to pay tithe, why are you so adamant/worried about me paying my tithe. Why do you have any problem with it, I am paying tithe from my pocket and not your pocket, so do you have any problem with that? Even when I have given you reasonable example to justify my actions, you will still have problem with it. I have more than 10 good examples in which I will not tell you now for paying tithe, but if I tell you now, you will term it as hypocrisy and still reads negative meaning to it. please let me be. I wish you goodluck in all your endeavours.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

So, is the law totally abolished/discarded?
We are not under it We just love as we are commanded And not to select some of the law to live by it
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gombs:

ah.....see who i'm discussing with ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

that's what you think i meant when you know i was talking of OT stuff? grin grin grin

ahhhhhhhh...i really have to let this go oooooo

Acts 7:38
King James Bible
This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

I now get you
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

I didn't say I'm obeying the law . Tithes and offering are kingdom principles and the fact that they are contained in the law does not demonized them.

You are the reason why i had to bring up the scriptures and write-ups.....I provided you with scriptures to prove my claim about the law...showing that the law is no longer valid for believers...its as simple as that....

Pls come up with scriptures that backs this statement of urs "Tithes and offering are kingdom principles"......

Saying u will do some laws while ignoring others is wat we call cherry-picking....taking or obeying some laws which is most convenient for you...
Deciding which law to obey and which one to leave out....
If you are for a law advocate,then stick to all the laws....
James has a message for you
James 2:10
For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all.

So i ask are you keeping all the laws since you said that the law is good ?

Pls bro am anxiously waiting for the scriptures on tithe being a spiritual principle....Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
I did not force you to pay tithe, why are you so adamant/worried about me paying my tithe. Why do you have any problem with it, I am paying tithe from my pocket and not your pocket, so do you have any problem with that? Even when I have given you reasonable example to justify my actions, you will still have problem with it. I have more than 10 good examples in which I will not tell you now for paying tithe, but if I tell you now, you will term it as hypocrisy and still reads negative meaning to it. please let me be. I wish you goodluck in all your endeavours.
Bro these are simple and straight forward questions...its either u have the answer or u dont have the answer....am not stopping u from tithing its ur life.....i only asked u simple questions just to understand why u do wat u do....

If u believed in malachi 3:10,and can explain its benefits, why is it so hard for you to explain whats contained in Deuteronomy 14:22 ?

If you believe malachi,why are you having a hard time believing Deuteronomy....abi that one no dey bible? sad

Once again i plead and urge u to help me with answers to my questions...its in no way going to stop u from paying ur tithes....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

Bro these are simple and straight forward questions...its either u have the answer or u dont have the answer....am not stopping u from tithing its ur life.....i only asked u simple questions just to understand why u do wat u do....

If u believed in malachi 3:10,and can explain its benefits, why is it so hard for you to explain whats contained in Deuteronomy 14:22 ?

If you believe malachi,why are you having a hard time believing Deuteronomy....abi that one no dey bible? sad

Once again i plead and urge u to help me with answers to my questions...its in no way going to stop u from paying ur tithes....
Remember the topic of this thread "Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe". I am not a pastor, direct your questions to pastors anytime you are in the church.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Remember the topic of this thread "Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe". I am not a pastor, direct your questions to pastors anytime you are in the church.

Hmm .. im shocked oo
Even the book of Malachi was addressing the levites
Why do pastors even use that one ??
Are we now the levites ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Brother, There were over 5 translations before kjv came . So kjv was not the first bible in English . Don't condemn a translation because it doesn't fit your ideology
but why don't you quote from one of the oldest bible you claim were b4 kjv, challenge you to do that and show me where Jesus says"yes you should tithe" or forever remain silent!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
For real? shocked shocked shocked
Bro you don't need a pastor to open up Deuteronomy 14:22 for you...i do believe that you have your own bible....
As Christians we are admonished to study the scriptures to show thyself approved onto God....(2 timothy 2:15) KJV
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

Bro you don't need a pastor to open up Deuteronomy 14:22 for you...i do believe that you have your own bible....
As Christians we are admonished to study the scriptures to show thyself approved onto God....(2 timothy 2:15) KJV

Mal:3:7: Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
Mal:3:8: Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Mal:3:9: Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Mal:3:10: Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Mal:3:11: And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal:3:12: And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
. You can decide to be and stay with your Deutoronomy. For me and my family, the bolded is our portion. Thank you.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

I think pastors cannot use both Deuteronomy and Malachi because for Deuteronomy this modern tithe will not even fit and for Malachi .. it was written to the Levites .. both Priests and non priest. I dont know if their members dont read the Bible themselves
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Mal:3:7: Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
Mal:3:8: Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Mal:3:9: Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Mal:3:10: Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Mal:3:11: And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal:3:12: And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
. You can decide to be and stay with your Deutoronomy. For me and my family, the bolded is our portion. Thank you.

Are you now a levite
The book of Malachi was addressing the Levites
Are you now one of them ??
Are you now a son of Jacob ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Hmm .. im shocked oo
Even the book of Malachi was addressing the levites
Why do pastors even use that one ??
Are we now the levites ??
The levites were the tribes chosen to serve in the house of God and to offer sacrifices and solicits for the forgiveness of the sins of the israelites. Our pastor here represent those levites in our country. Some of them were chosen to lead the congregation and render similar duties just like the levites. So, I do not think there is anything wrong with that.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Are you now a levite
The book of Malachi was addressing the Levites
Are you now one of them ??
Are you now a son of Jacob ??
Same thing/instruction that applies to the levites apply to every christian. The levites were used as an example for us to follow.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
The levites were the tribes chosen to serve in the house of God and to offer sacrifices and solicits for the forgiveness of the sins of the israelites. Our pastor here represent those levites in our country. Some of them were chosen to lead the congregation and render similar duties just like the levites. So, I do not think there is anything wrong with that.

Who told you that our pastors represent those levites in our country ??
Do you know the duties of the priests ??
Christ has already offered the sacrifises required in the law ....
Which of them is the pastor doing now ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Same thing/instruction that applies to the levites apply to every christian. The levites were used as an example for us to follow.

Its not true
Do you know the duties they perform
No one perform those duties today
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Who told you that our pastors represent those levites in our country ??
Do you know the duties of the priests ??
Christ has already offered the sacrifises required in the law ....
Which of them is the pastor doing now ??
You keep talking about law always, my brother, even paying tithe is not a law. It is a requirement (not law) that has a promise attached to it; "that thou may be prosperous". So, it is voluntary, just like going to school to learn is voluntary, you can decide to send your child to learn a trade and not go to school, but then someone will tell you that your child will suffer from illiteracy.

The Law that I know and recognised are those commandment given unto Moses and definitely not tithing. If you are still adamant, you can give me a bible verse that says tithing is a LAW.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Hahahahahaha bro knowledge profiteth much....the same Malachi u r quoting has a relationship with Deuteronomy,Leviticus,nehemiah and numbers...
so u can't divorce Deuteronomy.... its dere in ur bible...wat wud it take u 2 study Deuteronomy so dat u minister or pastor will stop deceiving you....

well since u are not ready to gain knowledge of the scripture,let me put it up here for others to see wat they have been doing with their tithe....

Deuteronomy 14:22 - 29

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. 23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. 24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:
25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, 27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: 29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

U eat ur tithe....u no gree....am not the one who said so ohh....its dere in the bible but u refused to open it....but u preferred Malachi 3:10 - 12....its well
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Its not true
Do you know the duties they perform
No one perform those duties today
Basically leading the congregation is the duty there. In addition, they (priest and pastors) solicits for God's mercy and blessing on the land and upon their members. So, what is so different and peculiar in the duties of the priest and the pastors?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

Hahahahahaha bro knowledge profiteth much....the same Malachi u r quoting has a relationship with Deuteronomy,Leviticus,nehemiah and numbers...
so u can't divorce Deuteronomy.... its dere in ur bible...wat wud it take u 2 study Deuteronomy so dat u minister or pastor will stop deceiving you....

well since u are not ready to gain knowledge of the scripture,let me put it up here for others to see wat they have been doing with their tithe....

Deuteronomy 14:22 - 29

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. 23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. 24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:
25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, 27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: 29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

U eat ur tithe....u no gree....am not the one who said so ohh....its dere in the bible but u refused to open it....but u preferred Malachi 3:10 - 12....its well

Oga, Go and eat your tithe, I do not have any problem with it. Sincerely, between man and God, when last did you observe this eating of tithe the way you are arguing?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

I think pastors cannot use both Deuteronomy and Malachi because for Deuteronomy this modern tithe will not even fit and for Malachi .. it was written to the Levites .. both Priests and non priest. I dont know if their members dont read the Bible themselves
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
You keep talking about law always, my brother, even paying tithe is not a law. It is a requirement (not law) that has a promise attached to it; "that thou may be prosperous". So, it is voluntary, just like going to school to learn is voluntary, you can decide to send your child to learn a trade and not go to school, but then someone will tell you that your child will suffer from illiteracy.

The Law that I know and recognised are those commandment given unto Moses and definitely not tithing. If you are still adamant, you can give me a bible verse that says tithing is a LAW.

Read Deuteronomy 14:22 downwards talks about the law of tithing
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Oga, Go and eat your tithe, I do not have any problem with it. Sincerely, between man and God, when last did you observe this eating of tithe the way you are arguing?
Bro u make me laugh grin grin
I dont need to eat my tithe because am no tither...only tithers are meant to eat of their tithe every year ...and i guess thats some thing u just knew today....its in the bible bro....am not the one that put it there...
Am happy that you actually took time to read that scripture....now compare it to wat u have been doing and see if its the same ... smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (38) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.