Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96139 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:32am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

If you were smart you'd see my point.

How many times Abraham paid tithes? It was recorded once... Doesn't mean it was the only time.

Then I asked, how many times Abraham prayed? Aside Gen 20:17 and maybe one other place (not exactly a prayer sef), I haven't seen or read him pray. If then his prayer was once recorded, does it mean he wasn't a man of prayer, considering the life he lived and faith he demonstrated?

Point is the frequency is immaterial, and asking about spoils of war.. Did Jacob go to war before giving tithes? See, I've had several tithe discussions here and you these current crop are learners... Those before you have failed woefully... Ever wondered why tithe threads don't frequent the section unlike 5years ago? Ever wondered why others don't bother coming here to join band wagons with y'all?

I'd tell you what, only a negligible percentage of Christians on NL religion section don't pay tithes and that percentage includes atheists, pagans, and their likes and then your type.

If you don't want to pay tithe, fine... Please don't disturb those doing, you lot aren't smarter than the rest paying tithes... It is not Compulsory, just like nothing in Christ is "by force"

Cheers.
that my bro is not true....
Stop saying things you don't know just to win an argument....
dere are more Christians who have been liberated from the tithe manipulation...
if dey even go to former thread,dey won't want to know who won an argument but who was able to present valid and clear points from the bible....
one of d reasons why I stopped tithing was due to the points raised in d bible...they were valid and still valid..
And I have learnt a lot from many tithers and non-tithers....
Whether u want to believe it or not,more believers will come to dat knowledge and will depart from tithe...
Its already happening...and Dis will make some assemblies dat were not founded or rooted in God,who only want to hold on to tithe as a means of survival will come down before our very eyes...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2017
As for my fellow brothers and sisters who have been liberated from d burden and slavery dat has bound u for so long,preach the word to everyone... let them know that God's blessings are not for sale....its free and anyone who asks in faith will receive if with nothing attached to it....

let no body deceive u into believing that u r poor or sick or unsafe because u don't pay ur tithes...dat is not only wicked but a blatant lie....

Don't fall for such blackmail....
Even the tithers who tithe are not doing it according to d Bible but according to wat their pastor or leader says...but they have deir bible in front of them but they are not studying it...

Even after trying to convince a brother dat his tithe is meant to be eaten every year while he supplies his tithes every three years to d levite(if dere was one),strangers,homeless,fatherless....he still insisted dat its meant to be given in d house of God....Haba

One thing is sure,the truth can never hide...no matter how gullible fellows try to suppress it....it will still find its way out and humiliate dose covering it...

once again,God's blessings,guidance,protection,mercy...Its FREE
let no one attach any condition wat so ever to receive things from God...

There are Christians that don't tithe yet they are stupendously wealthy....they live in good health...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

How many times Abraham paid tithes? It was recorded once... Doesn't mean it was the only time.

Then I asked, how many times Abraham prayed? Aside Gen 20:17 and maybe one other place (not exactly a prayer sef), I haven't seen or read him pray. If then his prayer was once recorded, does it mean he wasn't a man of prayer, considering the life he lived and faith he demonstrated?

Point is the frequency is immaterial, and asking about spoils of war.. Did Jacob go to war before giving tithes? See, I've had several tithe discussions here and you these current crop are learners... Those before you have failed woefully... Ever wondered why tithe threads don't frequent the section unlike 5years ago? Ever wondered why others don't bother coming here to join band wagons with y'all?

I'd tell you what, only a negligible percentage of Christians on NL religion section don't pay tithes and that percentage includes atheists, pagans, and their likes and then your type.

If you don't want to pay tithe, fine... Please don't disturb those doing, you lot aren't smarter than the rest paying tithes... It is not Compulsory, just like nothing in Christ is "by force"

Cheers.
you are irredeemable as a confusionist, Abraham gave a tenth of stollen war spoils, Jacob vowed 'on his own to give a tenth part not because there is any compulsion but rather his own volition.That does NOT JUSTIFY THAT IT WAS A PRACTICE BEFORE THE LAW BUT RATHER IT IS A ONE-OFF SITUATION
Now bringing prayer issue as comparison is a Huge joke, because you twist anything to suite your heresies because i have been engaging you joeagbaje, snowwy, since 2012. many people have been liberated. I was waiting for you to expanciate on"order of priesthood" that you said Jesus belong but you sense that you will be exposed

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

Lol

I have asked you tire ... Is it that Jesus Didn't know that tithing was before the law of Moses or you're being ignorant?

You simply said "Jesus said it was the law" grin grin

I now asked if tithing is the law and has being discarded then faith, justice and mercy too are discarded since they are weightier matters of the law (since you claim Jesus said it's the law)

You said "am I the one that said it?" grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Keep deceiving yourself.

Read Exodus 23 .. you will see the laws of Justice and Mercy
Read Leviticus 26 .. you will see the law of faithfulness
Jesus was actually talking about laws in that scripture

Now on these three .. the moment you follow the law of Christ .. you will be faithful .. merciful and just

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

So, Paul that now quoted one of the 10commandments nko? Ephesians 6:1-2...he must have 'selected' it and discarded the rest?

All the ten commandments hang under loving God and loving our neighbours which is the Law of Christ ..
So we can quote them to teach but we are not under those law ..

1 Corinthians 9:20-22
20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2017
kolaish:
Was malachi drunk when he made those statements about tithe, obviously NO. Don't you think you are quoting bible verses to support your own sign of the arguments on tithe. Well, either ways, I don't have any problem with the tithe payment, so far it is meant for the house of God. Please tell me the bible verse that says those who pay tithe (rightly or wrongly) will be punished.

Did Malachi write it to Christians ??
Is it not the sons of Jacob
The Levite workers and Priests
Only Levites are even worthy of taking tithes
Are the pastors now Levites ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dsaynt: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

Cheers.

From my earlier post:

Na wa o. You guys have been busy. Only a few hours gone and it's gone on to several pages.

Let's restate these things again
1. Tithes are for Levites and our pastors are not Levites and therefore unqualified to receive tithes.
2. Abraham didn't give a tithe. He gave a tenth of his WAR SPOILS not from his earnings or flock. And he did it just once as that occasion warranted .
3. Jacob didn't give tithes o! Unless you guys now think that making a deal or agreement with God is now a tithe. He said that IF God did something THEN he would give a tenth.
4. Paul never paid tithes nor did he say anything about how we must pay tithes. What he asked us to do was to give freewill offering so that the Kingdom of God may be expanded .
5. We should give FREEWILL offerings whether it's 2%, 5%, 10%, 10% etc. with this the church would be maintained and the gospel would be spread . Our dear pastors spreading the gospel is to spread it to places that need d light not the places that brought the light to dark Africa. So pls don't open branches in London and New York. Open it in Somalia or Congo basin or some other place that needs it. While you are at it don't buy private jet to go there. Use our giving to spread the word not throw parties in Dubai or buy private jets or buy gucci bags etc. Lol.

So my dear people of God ...let's give to the spreading of the Gospel ...as much as we can but please stop calling it Tithe. We can give 99% if we can sef. And pls question your pastor if you see that your church isn't doing much evangelism but instead na new cars and private jets the church dey acquire.

#TestEverything

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

Cheers.

Which scripture are you following when you tithe ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2017
ACTS 15:1 - 11
Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the believers: “Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved.”

2 This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

3 The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted. This news made all the believers very glad.

4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and elders, to whom they reported everything God had done through them.

5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question.

7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.

8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.

10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?

11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Peacefullove: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

If you don't get the logic as it relates to your question, then, sorry.. I can't help you.

who ask you to provide help b4 , you think this is an MMM thread

you guys wont cease to amaze me. grin grin

you are the person using Abraham case to justify a modern day fraud, so the burden of proof is on you to let us know how many times he did it !

A series of event led to Abraham chasing some people to recover Lot family from those who hold them in captivity . on his way back, He gave the tenth part of his Loots , it was once ... and Paul of tarsus made reference to this single act of giving that Abraham did proving it valid that it happens once.

But today , Its weekly, monthly ... from where did you copy that , Abraham? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Junia:

All the ten commandments hang under loving God and loving our neighbours which is the Law of Christ ..
So we can quote them to teach but we are not under those law ..

1 Corinthians 9:20-22
20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Junia:

Which scripture are you following when you tithe ??

Didn't you read the latter part of my post?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

who ask you to provide help b4 , you think this is an MMM thread

you guys wont cease to amaze me. grin grin

you are the person using Abraham case to justify a modern day fraud, so the burden of proof is on you to let us know how many times he did it !

A series of event led to Abraham chasing some people to recover Lot family from those who hold them in captivity . on his way back, He gave the tenth part of his Loots , it was once ... and Paul of tarsus made reference to this single act of giving that Abraham did proving it valid that it happens once.

But today , Its weekly, monthly ... from where did you copy that , Abraham? grin

I was gonna reply you, but from the colored , I know you're a baby!

Not worth a try.

Cheers
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

grin cheesy grin grin grin

Check the verse 21 and stop your ignorance
The fact that you teach with a law doesnt mean you are under that law
Note that he taught from only the 10 commandment which is actually fulfilled when we obey the law of Christ
Check the reward of that of the laws and that of Ephesians 6 .. you will actually note the difference
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

Didn't you read the latter part of my post?
I read it but i wanna know the basis of your tithing
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Junia:

you think you are talking to a reasonable person, grin grin grin No! its not personal but These people have chosen a different way of life, you think he doesnt know what you are talking about? He actually Knew but Hell Bent Determined like those termed by paul as 'superfine' to ''present a lie persistently to such an extent that it will begin to look like a True'' Thats hitler's philosophy pls note that, stop treating people like Gombs as a normal christian No. i have engaged him and joeagbaje and snowwy for 4-5yrs now, even joeagbaje and co are tired because the last time joeagbaje featured on this thread was i think ten pages away, he simply left it for Gombs grin grin because they have all ran out of ideas but rather 'they will be making you turn round tables repeating the same thing to get you upset, just keep-up spilling the truth on their faces grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Peacefullove: 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gombs:

I was gonna reply you, but for the border, I know you're a baby!
Not worth a try.
Cheers
Tell me, how would it worth a try when u already have nothing else to say. grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Peacefullove: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
you just deflated his Ego and caught him like a craddle robber, his best way to treat issues is to make wild and irrelevance comparison to distract you, but. If you are stubborn he ignore you for a while then tag you with bad name, don't defend that but keep your focus then he will be defeated. grin Congrats grin grin

Lol @ bold, the guy is a joke
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
you think you are talking to a reasonable person, grin grin grin No! its not personal but These people have chosen a different way of life, you think he doesnt know what you are talking about? He actually Knew but Hell Bent Determined like those termed by paul as 'superfine' to ''present a lie persistently to such an extent that it will begin to look like a True'' Thats hitler's philosophy pls note that, stop treating people like Gombs as a normal christian No. i have engaged him and joeagbaje and snowwy for 4-5yrs now, even joeagbaje and co are tired because the last time joeagbaje featured on this thread was i think ten pages away, he simply left it for Gombs grin grin because they have all ran out of ideas but rather 'they will be making you turn round tables repeating the same thing to get you upset, just keep-up spilling the truth on their faces grin grin

Lol
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

Lol @ bold, the guy is a joke
As you can see he is waiting for his Colleagues;joeagbaje Wordtalk, Snowwy and Co to come in, then he will be playing with words 'to wear down the discussion and eventually claimed that he won the thread' not neccesarilly interested in a decent discussion Anyway kudos to you guys for standing for the truth!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:09am On Jan 25, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
but why don't you quote from one of the oldest bible you claim were b4 kjv, challenge you to do that and show me where Jesus says"yes you should tithe" or forever remain silent!

Does it matter? If I have it I will quote it. In all the translations the message is still the same which is "pay the tithe and don't neglect other matters"
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:26am On Jan 25, 2017
openmine:

You are the reason why i had to bring up the scriptures and write-ups.....I provided you with scriptures to prove my claim about the law...showing that the law is no longer valid for believers...its as simple as that....

The law is scriptures and all scriptures were given by God inspiration. Why do you think Paul quoted the law in many of his epistles .

Pls come up with scriptures that backs this statement of urs "Tithes and offering are kingdom principles"......

Theses principles are already in existence in the kingdom of God ever before the law came . They were not practice at the emergence of the law. The were not Accidental actions . They were lifestyles based on spiritual revelation by God . They cut across dispensations.

Saying u will do some laws while ignoring others is wat we call cherry-picking....taking or obeying some laws which is most convenient for you...
Deciding which law to obey and which one to leave out....
If you are for a law advocate,then stick to all the laws....
James has a message for you
James 2:10
For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all.

My reference to the law was for your sake. Tithes and offerings and other spiritual principles were not based on the law. Abraham was our father of faith. And these principles were revealed in his life . The law coming 400 years later doesn't add or remove existing principle . It only made a sin on non compliance to the existing principle .

So i ask are you keeping all the laws since you said that the law is good ?

The law is reference . Without the law you will have no knowledge of wrong and right . It's Gods document.

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:31am On Jan 25, 2017
Ovamboland:

You will kill your child today if the vision is from God, bros why you dey lie like this now

And you are ready to sleep with you house maid committing fornication in the name of Jesus, are you kidding?

If God ask you to do something won't you do it? I don't get your point . Are you saying Abraham was wrong to obey God concerning Isaac?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 7:24am On Jan 25, 2017
Junia:

Check the verse 21 and stop your ignorance
The fact that you teach with a law doesnt mean you are under that law
Note that he taught from only the 10 commandment which is actually fulfilled when we obey the law of Christ
Check the reward of that of the laws and that of Ephesians 6 .. you will actually note the difference

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Assuming that tithing is under the law, from the above bold, why can't I teach tithing since it doesn't mean I'm under that law? grin grin cheesy

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2017
Junia:

What was your conclusion from it? Calm down.. I'd answer you. cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Jan 25, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

Please provide the links of such' engagement' here... Or I'd brand you a petty liar.

Some of us are actually busy, we have jobs and our lives do not revolve around nairaland... I can't say same about you, but if you don't see me here replying messages, know I'm busy being productive.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 7:30am On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

Does it matter? If I have it I will quote it. In all the translations the message is still the same which is "pay the tithe and don't neglect other matters"

No o... These folks said Jesus called tithing a law.. And the law has been discarded, but " we can quote them to teach but we are not under those law .."

grin grin cheesy grin

Have you ever seen such confusion since tower of babel?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2017
Gombs:

No o... These folks said Jesus called tithing a law.. And the law has been discarded, but " we can quote them to teach but we are not under those law .."

grin grin cheesy grin

Have you ever seen such confusion since tower of babel?

Very funny actually . Many contradictions . You don't believe in tithing , but you believe in offering . They tried to nullify Abraham tithe and label it war booty what a desecration or a Gods word. And the reason is just to make tithing only an institution under the law. So as soon as they killed Abraham evidence and label it war booty they only have the record in the law to contend with. They want to now box God into law . They forgot Jacob tithing record. So what will they label that now? Journey booty?

I asked one . If anything mentioned in the law is wrong . What about the law against incest and gay? He said God hates it . But that's still law you condemn . He said it's before the law God destroyed sodom and Gomorrah. The I said ,beautiful tithing was instituted before the law also . And the fact that the law mentioned it doesn't nullify it just as God hated homosexuality before the law. And the fact that it was mentioned in the law doesn't change Gods mind about it . After the law dispensation. These are principle . Law or without the law .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
. i have engaged him and joeagbaje and snowwy for 4-5yrs now, even joeagbaje and co are tired because the last time joeagbaje featured on this thread was i think ten pages away, he simply left it for Gombs grin grin

grin grin grin grin You're kidding right ? Other monicker did a good job. Truth can't get tired .

because they have all ran out of ideas but rather 'they will be making you turn round tables repeating the same thing to get you upset, just keep-up spilling the truth on their faces grin grin

IT'S truth that's rather turning you round brother .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:16am On Jan 25, 2017
petra1:

Very funny actually . Many contradictions . You don't believe in tithing , but you believe in offering .

They said offering there is sacrifices and such and the ones taken in church is called a collection. I took them on an exposè on the greek word used and that of burnt offering and that of collections. Hilarious folks

They tried to nullify Abraham tithe and label it war booty what a desecration or a Gods word.

They started asking how many times the man paid tithes... I said once it was recorded but that doesn't mean it was once... Then I asked how many times did Abraham pray? I told then I only found one place he did, does that then mean he wasn't a prayer man considering the faith he demonstrated? These fellas accused me of deviating grin

And the reason is just to make tithing only an institution under the law. So as soon as they killed Abraham evidence and label it war booty they only have the record in the law to contend with.

Exactly, just that these guys are doing a poor job at it. I mean, why say Jesus called tithing a law when Jesus himself knew that tithing was done long before moses was born?

They want to now box God into law . They forgot Jacob tithing record. So what will they label that now? Journey booty?

Abi o

grin grin grin

Nice one.

I asked one . If anything mentioned in the law is wrong . What about the law against incest and gay? He said God hates it . But that's still law you condemn . He said it's before the law God destroyed sodom and Gomorrah.

See confusion na... grin

The I said ,beautiful tithing was instituted before the law also . And the fact that the law mentioned it doesn't nullify it just as God hated homosexuality before the law.

Exactly.. Same logic, but these fellas won't admit their logic. Too much double standards. grin

And the fact that it was mentioned in the law doesn't change Gods mind about it . After the law dispensation. These are principle . Law or without the law .

Gbam... But they also said "... we can quote them to teach but we are not under those law ... "

grin grin
The confusion is monumental
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2017
Gombs:

They started asking how many times the man paid tithes... I said once it was recorded but that doesn't mean it was once... Then I asked how many times did Abraham pray? I told then I only found one place he did,

Beautiful point there . Why don't they stop worshiping God because it's in the law and because nor stop praying because Abraham prayed only once. The greed of man is something else . Just to ease the guilt of conscience

Exactly, just that these guys are doing a poor job at it. I mean, why say Jesus called tithing a law when Jesus himself knew that tithing was done long before moses was born?

That's what they told the guy to insist. Tithing is only mentioned in the law . Just as serving God is mentioned in the law .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2017
Gombs:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Assuming that tithing is under the law, from the above bold, why can't I teach tithing since it doesn't mean I'm under that law? grin grin cheesy

Keep deceiving yourself.

You can teach tithing
To admonish others to be faithful to God as the Israelites were at a period of time
And how God will provide for those who work for Him (the Levites)
You can't practise tithing in Christianity even if you were allowed to follow the law because only Levites can receive it. Why ?? because they had no inheritance among the Israelites

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (38) (Reply)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.