Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Cold - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cold (38983 Views)

Cold Heart In Love / Cold But Charmin / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:25am On Mar 07, 2017
"Hey, Donati".
The voice was more than familiar and August stopped on his track, his heartbeat racing out of control. He dreaded Terry and he hardly let's him pass without a tease which gets physical sometimes.
He stood still, looking ahead of him while Terry approached with his friends from behind. He nudged him at the back and came to stand face to face with him. August squeezed his face and stared hard at his shoes, punching his hand into a fist.
"How is your wife August?" he asked, referring to Janet and squeezing at August's nose", he pushed his hand away and raised his face, staring at him eyeball to eyeball. Terry gave out a wicked grin and the two boys with him followed suit, August felt the tears trying to well up in his eyes and sniffed in an effort to keep them back. He bit hard as his lips and gave his tormentor a stare filled with bitter hatred.
"Are you going to cry now, Donati?" Terry asked and laugh while the pupils around stared on.
"One day Terry, I am going to put a bullet in between those dirty teeth of yours " he blurted out and sniffed again. Terry couldn't deny that he was surprised and shaken by the outburst but he wasn't going to let it show.
" What did you say?" he asked looking him closer in the eyes.
"You heard me, Pig" he yelled and tried walking away, Terry held him by his hand and pulled him back forcefully, he fell to the ground and Terry Jumped on him. He was stronger and that gave him the edge against August. He sat on his belly and landed him blows all over his face, August tried gripping his wrist but failed many times. He gave him a punch that left a bruise at the side of his face that left it bloodied. August winced in pain as he lay helplessly on the ground with students around cheering them on.
Janet ran up from the end of the hallway, clutching her school bag and trying to see through the strands of hairs that littered her eyes. She got close to the action and without a second thought, hit Terry hard on the head with the bag, he screamed from pain and jumped up from August, Janet dropped the bag and landed him a heavy blow on the stomach. He staggered back and observed her with rage in his eyes, she ignored him and helped a sobbing August from the ground. Terry left with his crew at the realization that he couldn't do anything to Janet without being busted. Janet helped clean August up and pulled him by the hand, leading him out of the school premises.
"I will kill him for this" he muttered as Janet led him on.
"When?" she asked bitterly and August observed her with a bit of surprise.
"I don't know, soon maybe"
"Please do or I'm telling dad about it" she said and he could tell she was unhappy with the way she sounded.
"Sorry" she muttered, squeezing his hand and he nodded.
"Tell me about your family" she asked, looking at him with a smile. Reminding of his family made him sad but he was also happy in way, he couldn't remember everything but the happy moments played back in his mind, he revealed to her all the times they were happy together, they little memories his young mind could bring back made Janet wish she had a family like that. She was happy to see the smile through his bruised face.
"Are you happy?" she asked him and he nodded.
"I'm happy, you make me happy".
They walked home together, holding each other by the hand and once again, he was happy and glad that she was there.

"I need a gun" he said with a stone cold look on his face
"What do you need a gun for?" Oscar asked, turning to look at him.
"I want to kill a person?"
"Who?"
"Terry, the bully"
"Oh, I see, can you shoot a gun?"
"Yes, I did it once, it was easy" he said, still looking in the direction of the church yard. Oscar kept mute for sometime before talking again.
"You are still too young to have one"
"But how am I supposed to deal with people that try to intimidate me, how will I avenge my family?" he asked in a teary voice.
"There, you are crying again. You are not yet strong enough and you can't handle a gun if you are not strong enough" he said.
"I promise I won't cry again" he said and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand
"That's good, when you are old enough, I'll get you one"
"How do I fight Terry, he beat me up today and I was saved by a girl"
"Did you fight back?"
"No" he shook his head, staring at the dark ground "he was stronger"
"Hmmm, you don't have to get closer to him, try and handle him from afar"
"How will I do that without a gun?"
"It mustn't be a gun, there are other ways you know, but you will have to figure that out yourself"
He nodded and they both got up from the grave. They had been talking for over 1 hour and the church clock had announced the time as 11pm some minutes ago.
"We will meet again and I would like you to have handled Terry by then"
"I will" he said.
He covered his head back with his hood and ran out of the cemetery and the church into the road.
Oscar moved deeper into the cemetery like before and met with two people, a boy and a girl, standing there, apparently waiting for him.
"He needs a gun" he said on getting closer to them.
"What for?" the boy asked
"Some bully at school, a guy named Terry, beat him up at school"
"bleeps, Maybe I should start following him around, catch up with the bully" he said thoughtfully.
"No Jaycee, people are going to see you and know you are still alive" the girl said, clutching on to him.
"He has to worry about his dead family, now he also got to add some bully to it?"
"They are just kids, he can handle it someway, I already told him about it" Oscar said.
"Thanks man, but tomorrow, I'm tracking him personally" Jaycee said.
"And Nancy?" Oscar asked nodding at the girl.
"She will save me like the last time, if the need be" he said, hugging her tighter to himself.

http://www.talesbychi.com.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:26am On Mar 07, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
nice one bro

Thanks bro grin
Re: Cold by sod09(m): 8:45am On Mar 07, 2017
are d donati brothers coming back from dead

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2017
sod09:
are d donati brothers coming back from dead

grin
Re: Cold by ozil01: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2017
Chipapi...u too good wallai
i swear d story too make sense walai...
thanks so much for dese masterpiece...

Abeg wen be d next update

1 Like

Re: Cold by ozil01: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2017
D cold story dey give me chills walai....

Jaycee ma nigga is bvck grin grin

how nancy and jaycee take survive biko

Ma go re-read d story again

1 Like

Re: Cold by gtin(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2017
Jaycee and Nancy alive? Hw come?

1 Like

Re: Cold by remiseyi(m): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
Liking the twist...

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
ozil01:
Chipapi...u too good wallai
i swear d story too make sense walai...
thanks so much for dese masterpiece...

Abeg wen be d next update

Thanks bro. Soon
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
ozil01:
D cold story dey give me chills walai....

Jaycee ma nigga is bvck grin grin

how nancy and jaycee take survive biko

Ma go re-read d story again

Thanks man
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
gtin:
Jaycee and Nancy alive? Hw come?

All in good time bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
remiseyi:
Liking the twist...

wink

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2017
The classroom could be likened to a graveyard going by the fact that not even the breath of the pupils could be heard, that's how Miss Martha Loved her classroom to be. She sat on her desk busy with the class works piled up in her face and observing the details over the rims of her glasses. She shifted her gaze from the the books to the kids, who had their heads on their desks, each time she heard even the faintest of noise without moving, only her eyeballs rotating in their sockets.
August got up slowly from his seat at the far end of the wall and walked quietly towards the door.
"August" Miss Martha called without raising her eyes from the books. He stopped and turned in her direction.
"Come here" she commanded, her gazed still fixed on the books. He walked up to her noiselessly, like his feet wasn't touching the ground.
"And where are you going?" she asked, not looking up for once.
"The toilet" he muttered
"Where?" she asked
"The toilet" he said louder, fidgeting his fingers.
"You could have taken an excuse from me, that would be proper, don't you think?"
"I'm sorry ma'am" he said
"Good, next time, say excuse me miss"
"Yes ma'am"
She dismissed him with a wave of the hand and he walked briskly out of the classroom and headed straight to the toilet. He locked the door and climbed the covered water cistern to access the small window above it. Through the window, he observed the school backyard and everywhere was clear with nobody in site. He climbed the toilet seat and heaved himself up through the window and effortlessly climbed out the other side. He dropped his feet on the floor and broke into a run, climbing the short back fence of the school and running into surrounding bushes.

"How do you think he will feel when he sees you again" Oscar asked looking at Jaycee who watched the school gate from the passenger side of the blue sedan.
"I don't know but I wouldn't want him to see me"
"I know but you know"
"Know what? Must you always talk?" Jaycee asked staring at him.
"No, I was just thinking and imaging the thrill when he sets eyes on you, he may run, you know, thinking you may be a ghost and all"
He chewed his gum mechanically and smiled as he talked. Jaycee laughed and tilted his head to the side, shifting his gaze to the road ahead of them.
"Like the ghost in the church graveyard?" he asked with a grin
"He knows I'm no ghost"
"Yea, but he thinks you live in a grave yard"
"Mad mad, I think you are better off dead"
"Hahaha" Jaycee started to chuckle and stopped halfway, all of a sudden.
"Look who we have here" he said, watching Jaime clear his car at the other side of the road.
"Jaime Rodneck" Oscar mouthed slowly.
"The Bleep is he doing here?"
"His son schools here you know"
"Bleep you Oscar"
"Welcome" he replied with a grin, Jaycee smiled and tugged at the pistol tucked into his pants
"I could take a shot you know?"
He threw a gaze at Oscar who scoffed.
"And you can be sure of your second death bro, Nancy ain't here"
"Oh, my Love and savior"

From the other side of the road, Jaime got down from his car and shut the door, observing his wrist watch at the same time.
"1:50 pm" he whistled and walked into a store across the road, trailed by the eyes of Oscar and Jaycee.

"I could take a clean shot and I would be sure to have him" Jaycee muttered.
"Man at least be grateful, he is looking after your brother for bleeps sake, give it time bro"
"Cool, one day, I will have a go at his cop ass"
"I thought you already charged August with that?"
"It's gonna take a million years for him to be able to do that, he may even fall in love with the man"
"Yea, considering he has a cute daughter who's all over August" Oscar commented with a broad smile on his face.
"I may kill you before I kill him eventually"
"No you won't, you love me bro"
He let out a dry laughter and observed Jaycee who had a smile at the corner of his lips
"I hope you ain't thinking about going out there for him"
"Not really, but now that you mentioned it, I'm considering it"
He threw him a stare and grinned savagely.
"Good thing I got the wheels"
"I know a lot about drive by shooting"
"I just pray you are not serious about this" Oscar said with a tone of seriousness in his voice.
"I pray so too"
Jaycee replied absent mindedly, massaging his pistol.

August crept back into the school in time before dismissal. He clutched a white shovel as he walked back to the toilet window. He dropped it against the wall and climbed back into the building through the window.
He made his way through the scanty hallway and back into the class without a word from the teacher. He sat down on his seat at the far end of the wall, smacking his lips in satisfaction.
Time dragged on and everyone waited quietly for the dismissal bell. August played and replayed his simple plan in his mind. He smiled at himself and nodded with satisfaction each time. The clock above the classroom board clicked 2 pm and the school bell followed. The pupils all stood up, happy that the boring day at school was over, the race for who will make it out the classroom door first began but not after August had slid through. He ran down the hallway and around the school building, making his way to the back where he dropped the shovel. He picked it and observed it closely, he waved it around and nodded. Dragging it behind him, he trudged on, back into the hallway and moved through the flood of student unnoticed with his tool. He moved a little distance and stopped. From where he stood, he could see Terry's back turned in his direction, he was standing with 2 of his friends, yelling out his point at everyone around. August squeezed his face and put his hand against his racing heart, heaving a heavy sigh, he walked on, dragging the shovel behind him.
"Terry!" he called out, moving quickly in his direction, the shovel heavy and ready in his hands. Terry turned swiftly to respond to the call, setting his face for the impact with the shovel. August put all his energy in the effort and landed him a fatal blow on the face with the shovel. He fell immediately on impact, August followed up with another blow, he got him on the head as he lay writhing in pain, the two friends with him bolted as the pupils around stood around watching with awe.
"Please, don't hit me again"
Terry begged, his left hand in the air as he crawled away from his assailant. August moved closer with murderous intent. Terry let out a blood curling scream as another blow landed him squarely on the head and left a gash at the side of his blond hair, he passed out as blood tickled out of the gash, August let the shovel drop beside his still body, he let out a smile of satisfaction as he stood over him, victorious in his own terms.
He looked up from the body and saw a teacher running towards his direction, he took a quick turn and dashed in the opposite direction.

Jaime walked out of the store clutching two packs of cookie in his hand and walked to his car and pulled the door open. He dropped them on the seat besides the drivers seat and sat down, with the door still open. He checked his wrist watch again and the time came back as 2:15 pm.
"They should be out by now" he murmured and got out of the open door, adjusting his trouser.

"A black Mercedes car" Jaycee sang out, watching a black Mercedes car pull up from behind them "This is not good".
"What?" Oscar asked.
"Every single bad news I ever came up against is associated with this make of car, gotta to be ready for the worst" he said. Pulling out his gun from his pants. Oscar grabbed his own piece from underneath his chair and placed it on his laps.
They watched the car pull up in their front and came to a halt before them.
"Now what?" Oscar asked
"Just wait and see what happens next"
"Do you think they are here because of you?"
"I don't know"
"Maybe you should have stayed underground like before"
"Don't be a sissy man" Jaycee whispered.
They sat there for another 10 minutes, the tensile atmosphere within the car could not go unnoticed, they switched their gaze from Jaime who rested on his car to the black Mercedes parked in front of them, the car was so still that it gave them the creeps, no one had gotten down from the car and the glasses were all tinted.
The next 5 minutes saw August run out of the school gate into the street. They saw him at the same time Jaime saw him, the Mercedes came to life again.
"August" Jaycee gasped and flipped his door open, sliding his blue face cap on, he jumped down from the car with his gun held tight by his right hand.
August made out Jaime in time and rushed at him breathing heavily. Jaime grabbed him as he came to him.
"What's the matter?" he asked as August panted continuously, trying to catch his breath.
In a split second, the Mercedes jerked forward and screeched to a stop beside Jaime and August, Jaime raised his face to look at the car, the tinted glass wound down and they came face to face with a masked man, his right hand held a glock pointed at them.
"Put the boy in the car" he commanded.
Jaime stared at him with a stubborn expression all over his Face.
"I said get the boy into the damn car 'fore I blow you open" he thundered a second time.
Jaycee stood a little distant from the car and raised his gun up, he squeezed the trigger and the bullets flew in through the back of the car, shattering the rear glasses, the masked man withdrew his head back into the car, Jaime took the distraction as an opportunity and grabbed August, he dashed around to the other side of his car and withdrew his pistol from its strap.
"Stay down" he yelled at August and waited some seconds before slowly and discreetly creeping up the front of the car.
The sunroof of the Mercedes snapped open and the masked man came out of it, pulling an assault rifle along with him, Jaycee saw him early enough and dashed further down the street. The man pulled the trigger and the gun let out a cackling sound, firing leads at Jaycee who dodged in time.
"Shit, told that boy to be careful" Oscar muttered and started the engine of the car.
From the side of the car, Jaime took an inconsistent aim and fired at the man, he missed and gained his attention, he turned to shoot at him but stopped on a second thought. He went back into the car and faced his driver companion with his black hat. He shook his head at him and he hit the steering wheel with his fist.
"I'm not leaving here without him" he yelled and drove the car back with rage and full force. He pulled up behind Jaime's car and opened his door, jumping out of the car with his assault rifle.
Jaycee ran forward, reducing the distance between him and where they stood, he fired aimlessly at the car again, the man in hat shot a look at his direction and their eyes met. Jaycee held his gaze with a shock expression all over his face. He smiled at him and jumped back into the car compelled by shots fired by Jaime.
"Williams!" August yelled as the man got into the car.
"Stay the Bleep down" Jaime yelled at him. He was standing and trying to get a better look at the man in hat. He couldn't mistake the face of his brother. He tried running to the car but was held back by Jaime. The Mercedes Jerked forward and dashed further up the road, escaping into the bend ahead.
Oscar did a 180 degree turn and stopped right before a stunned Jaycee.
"Get into the car man"
He opened the door and called out to him. Jaycee snapped out of his shock and jumped into the open door, Oscar screeched the car forward and drove away through the other end of the street.
"Damn it, that was fucking Williams" he snapped.

http://www.talesbychi.com.ng

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Back to my jotter......... grin grin

Hope you all enjoyed these....

Coming back with more. .
Re: Cold by omobs(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
awesome

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
omobs:
awesome

Thanks wink
Re: Cold by ozil01: 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
chipapi u too much baba.....
Twale for yhu wink

1 Like

Re: Cold by joshuamoses101(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
abeg somebody should remind me who is Williams again,i don forget

meanwhile oga chipappii where have you been

1 Like

Re: Cold by Niwdog(m): 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
joshuamoses101:
abeg somebody should remind me who is Williams again,i don forget

meanwhile oga chipappii where have you been
I guess Williams is Jaycee immediate elder brother

1 Like

Re: Cold by joshuamoses101(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Niwdog:
I guess Williams is Jaycee immediate elder brother
you mean the one that went on a suicide mission, what sorta drama is playing here na..why does he want his brother dead
Re: Cold by ozil01: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
confuse Delimma shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Cold by prisiliveth: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Don't stave us pls,bring it on

1 Like

Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
wow wow wow.

1 Like

Re: Cold by ozil01: 11:40am On Mar 14, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
wow wow wow.

i swear dawn chipapi na boss

1 Like

Re: Cold by ozil01: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
ozil01:

i swear dawn chipapi na boss

oga chipapi whatsup nah...abeg make u try update biko nu....kneels down begging
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
ozil01:

oga chipapi whatsup nah...abeg make u try update biko nu....kneels down begging

Please be patient bro. I'm stuck at a point. Soon
Re: Cold by sexy377: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
nice one dearie bring it on
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:22am On Mar 17, 2017
sexy377:
nice one dearie bring it on

Sure. Thanks dear
Re: Cold by kingin55(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
5 more updates loading..

Sorry bout the delay
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
room brightly enough and every detail in it could be seen clearly. The clock on the wall chimed 4pm, the little sound from the alarm was followed up by Oscar's voice.
"Chill bro, there's got to be explanations for all these"
"There's no fucking explanation for it, how do go about explaining something like that, Williams, who was supposed to be dead turns up alive and that's not the main deal, check it out, he turned up in a black Mercedes, the same make of car that kept coming for us until Maria and Joseph" he chocked a little and continued "until they both died from it all, what the Bleep was he doing in there and by the way, what the Bleep is he still doing alive?"
He didn't wait for an answer to his question, he kept pacing around the scantily furnished room like he had been doing for the past couple of minutes since they came back from the shootout.
"You are supposed to be dead too, you know?" Oscar said and Jaycee paused in his march around the length and breadths of the room.
"This is different, you know that Oscar, this is different" he said, pointing his finger at him to drive home his point.
"How is it different? Because you survived long enough for Nancy to get to you?"
"So? what's your point?"
"You don't think someone must have saved him too? Remember, were you able to see his body after the shooting at the Town Square, no?" he asked rhetorically and adjusted himself on the seat to continue "Since there was no body, it could be possible someone took him away, maybe to hide him from the police just like you are hiding now," Oscar explained, looking up at him from where he sat and shifting his gaze to Nancy who sat at the other end of the room, she kept mute, staring at the blank wall, lost in thought.
"And that someone owns a black Mercedes Benz, the same fucking car that kept coming after us?"
"Could be a coincidence," Oscar replied with a shrug.
"A coincidence? 3 Mercedes cars, all black with tinted glasses, firing shots each time they show up is no fucking coincidence, here in St Mathews, that's what we call a gang and I'm proposing that fucking Williams is part of that bloody gang."
"And you are saying he actually was in the plan to get you all killed?" Oscar asked with an expression of disbelief all over his round face.
"Since he's been alive all these while and kept away from all of us, I'd say everything is possible, I won't be surprised if he was also involved in Pops and Mom's death," he commented with a smug at the side of his face, Oscar scoffed and fell back on his seat.
"This is all incredible," he gasped
"Baby come and sit here." Nancy called out to Jaycee for the first time, he obeyed and walked over to her, she got up and sat on the arm of the couch, making way for him to seat on the chair.
"Just don't get worked up, I'm very sure we will figure it all out soon," she said and rested her head on his shoulder.
"The Donatti family," Oscar muttered and smiled, Jaycee shot a gaze at him followed by Nancy "I wouldn't be surprised to hear a knock on my door and open it to see Joseph and Maria smiling back at me."
"And our parents too, God, it would all be so perfect," Jaycee murmured with a mix of sadness and smile on his face and an eyes that portrayed his wishful thinking.

August sat at a corner of the 2 in 1 sofa to the audience of Jaime, Kate and Janet. He switched his gaze from one person to the other with a frightening boldness glaring out of his eyes.
Janet observed him with pity all over her face. Deep inside, she was glad he had taken care of Terry, a feeling she dared not express in the presence of her parents. Anything to keep a smile in that little face he had come to adore was welcomed to her.

Jaime stared continuously at the little face besieged by anger and vengefulness, he tapped his feet on the floor waiting for replies to his questions which he was repeating for the third time.

"August, why did you attack Terry?," he asked for the fourth time, August moved his gaze from Jaime's face to Kate's and back to Jaime.

"I wanted to kill him," he blurted out, shocking Jaime and Kate. They exchanged glances, Kate's lips went a few degrees apart and she swallowed hard, Jaime maintained his composure and sent his attention back to August.

"Why?"
That was all he could ask, all his time as a cop, he had never seen so much hatred and anger in the words of a little boy as he had seen in Augusts.

"He bullied me, he punched me and insulted my family, I wanted to kill him for that!" he yelled out without pause.
"Why didn't you tell me earlier on about all the bullying?"
August blinked several times and that was all he did. He had no reply to that question, even if he asked a hundred times.

"Go to your room, both of you, I will call you back when I need you."
He was out of words and had no knowledge of what to say next. August got up from the chair and moved in the direction of the room, Janet held his hand and they both walked out of the parlor. Kate flashed Jaime an I-warned-you look and moved to seat beside him on the table.

"So what now?" she asked.
"I really don't know, I have never known anyone so young that ever had such bitterness in his heart."
He stared at the blank wall, lost in thoughts as he spoke.
"I don't know what you want to do next, but we sure don't want him in our family, he's a bad influence for our daughter,"
Kate relayed her fears and Jaime nodded.
"Right, but where do we send him? He has no body," he said and put a hand on his forehead, scratching at it.
Kate kept mute and the parlor was silent for a while before Jaime spoke up again.

"I think I will be sending him to Harry, he needs a change of environment," he said, looking at Kate for her opinion.
"Your brother?" Kate asked and he nodded slowly.
"Better, just get him out of our lives, Janet's still too little to be around him."

Williams dropped the phone on the table and rubbed his palms together in an effort to generate warmth. He looked at Carlos who was fiddling with his mask and staring back at him, a smiled passed the corner of his mouth and Carlos shook his head.

"How did you know Jaycee was still alive?" Carlos asked him. He smiled again and heaved himself on the sofa facing the table and Carlos.
"I just guessed, his body wasn't found remember."
Carlos nodded and stared at him wide eyed.
"The girl, Nancy, she wasn't found."
"She is none of my business," Williams replied, looking into space.
"So what now, are you going to kill Jaycee?" he asked and Williams shook his head slowly and thoughtfully.
"No, was never my idea in the first place, and he is my brother too, that would be too cold blooded."
"What next?"
"Nothing for now, I just need to be sure that August is fine," he said with a dent of sadness in his eyes.
"He should be, he's with a cop, he is fine," Oscar assured and he nodded.
"I don't like those midnight visits to the graveyard, I don't like them."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/cold-31.html?m=1#more

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
The cool winds blew through his hair and for a minute, it seemed soothing, replacing the piercing pain that burned his flesh.
He laid on the wet glass, soaked wet with water and his own blood. He gasped for breath at intervals and felt the life slowly draining from his body.
When the wind had reduced, he rotated to his back and stared at the starry sky, wishing for death to hasten it's ritual. Strings of tears fell down the side of his face as his body shook from sorrow and self pity.

He must have been lying there for an hour when the sound of feet in the glass startled him. He painfully raised his hand and felt his hips where he would have normally strapped his gun and it was empty. He threw his head back on the ground and prepared himself for whatever that was coming for him. He shut his eyes and in the distance, much like in his own mind, he thought he heard his name, he murmured a "Yea" with his eyes still closed.
"Jaycee, Jaycee!!" Nancy yelled and fell on her knees beside him.
"Oh God Jaycee!" she cried in the darkness, combing his wet hairs with her hand. He opened his eyes slowly and saw her face, he smiled weekly and muttered some inaudible words.
"Baby say something," she begged and held his bleeding hand.
"So I'm dead then?" he managed to ask and she shook her head violently, her tears mixing with the blood at the side of her face.
"No, you are not dead baby."
"But you are dead, I saw you, I yelled out your name but you never moved, but now you are here, you are hear baby and I'm with you, how is that possible?"
"I'm not dead and you are not dead, now keep quiet and let's get you out of here."

She turned out stronger than she had ever thought of herself.
They stumbled through the hilly path, she held on to him as he had managed to carry himself with all the strength left in his weak body which was not much.

"I can still remember what came into my mind when I opened my eyes and saw you there," Jaycee whispered and made a sketch of her eyes with the pencil and made it bolder when he thought the outline was perfect.
"What was that?" She asked trying not to move her face from it's position.
"I will Live," he whispered and thickened the shade on her pupil, switching his gaze from her face to the drawing paper, "even though I wanted to die, I saw your face and saw a thousand reasons to live but yet, there were a million reasons to wish for death."
He erased a part of her eyelid and brushed the debris away from the paper.
"But then, I saw you and the desire to live overcame all." he muttered and smiled in her direction, comparing what he had on paper and her face.
She moved her left hand and felt the outline of his face slowly and he rubbed his skin against her palms. She smiled and pecked him on the forehead.
"I would have drowned in the river if you had died."
Her eyes moistened as she looked at him with an eyes filled with all her heart's content.

"Do I draw in the tears?" he asked with a smile that made her fall in love each time. They both laughed.
"Yes, draw everything."
"I'm done then," he announced and spread the drawing paper on the table, she took a peek and admired the work of art. Only the two of them knew that it was Nancy on that paper, probably because they both knew he was drawing her. If he had said he was drawing a rock with a face-like features, it would have been understandable.
She let out a fake yawn and Jaycee shook his head at her.
"It's Okay to laugh, at least I can draw something, you can't even draw your own hands."
She threw her head back and laughed.
"At least, my drawing of my hand will look more like a drawing of my hand, an octopus would look better than your own drawing."
"Thank you, let's play another game, say a game of card?" he suggested and smiled at her with a wink, he knew he was going to trash her like he had always done. She shook her head in disapproval.
"I know another game," she said with a naughty smile at the corner of her face.
"Which?"
"It's called making babies." she replied. Jaycee returned her naughty smile and engaged her in a hot kiss.

Janet stormed out of the house and sat on the wooden staircase, supporting her head with her hands. She stared at the sky, barely seeing the sun making it's way into the golden cloud. She sniffed from time to time.
August walked out from inside the house and dropped himself beside her on the steps. He threw his face in the direction of the road too and for a minute none of them said a word.

"I don't want you to go," Janet said without looking at him.
"I don't want to go." he replied. She turned to face him and put her hand on his lap.
"I want to go with you August."
He looked at her and fought the urge not to cry. He squeezed her hand and wiped off a tear that was running down her cheek.
"Your father won't allow it."
"I don't care, I will sneak out with you."
He looked at her and wished it was possible although he knew it wasn't.
"You are silly and a little girl, how can you sneak off with me Without your father finding out?" he asked her and she looked away, pushing her little mind to think out a way. She gave up with a sigh when she couldn't think of any way she could do it.
"I don't know," she murmured and tears ran down her face. August held her closer to himself and consoled her. She dug her face into his chest and sulked.
"This night, we will go to the graveyard together." he promised and tears slowly ran down his face too.

Jamie and Kate's shadow darkened the window facing the veranda as they watched the two kids holding onto each other. He smiled and gave a slight nod while Kate frowned in disapproval.
"I wish he could stay, he is turning out to be the brother she never had," he whispered. Kate left the window and walked over to the table, she packed her skirt with her hands and sat on the table, facing her husband who stood at the window with his hands inside the pockets of his grey trouser.
"He can't stay," she said slowly.

"You should get me a little house at the graveyard you know? Then I won't have to move from here to there each time."
"Don't worry, I'm sure we could find a suitable empty grave for you there, Jaycee replied with a wide grin. Oscar hissed and moved over to a chair, landing heavily on it.
"Come on man, don't be a sissy, it's just this night and besides, we are going with you." he said, taking a glance at Nancy and back at Oscar.
"Sure, I just hope your psycho brother won't show up at the party."
"We have guns too, remember?"
"Yea, except that his are much bigger and more lethal."
"Come on bro, why are you so scared, don't make me ask Nancy to do it," he said with a smirk. Oscar looked at him and then at Nancy, he smiled and gave in.
"I'll do it, so you won't have to blame me for her death."
"I bet I will do it better," Nancy bragged and they all burst out laughing.
"I know but don't bother, I got it."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/cold-32.html?m=1#more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.