Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Cold - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cold (39006 Views)

Cold Heart In Love / Cold But Charmin / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:18pm On May 09, 2017
He removed the earphones from his ear and stared into her room through the window. His eyes first hit the bed and it was empty. He moved his gaze around the room and she wasn't there. Her computer was on and he thought she should be around. He made his way over to the front and knocked on the door. It opened slowly and he stood staring at Genevieve, a plate of cookie in her hand.

"Checked your room and your weren't there," he said and walked in. She shut the door and stood facing him.
"Matt, I told you to stop peeking in through my window every time."
"I thought you didn't mind."
"Well,I do now, just stop."
He shrugged and followed her into her room. He dropped on the bed with a bang and pulled her to his laps.
"Wait, I have to unplug the toaster," she excused herself and ran off for the kitchen. He scavenged the room with his eyes and attention went back to the humming computer at the corner. He got up from the bed and walked to it. Her Facebook messenger was running and he decided to have a look. A message came in at the instant.

"No, got a date already."
He looked at the owner of the message and it was August. He scrolled up the chat, rather furiously and started from the beginning. Apparently, they had been having a minor flirt both offline and definitely online.
"Care to know what I'm wearing now?" she had texted him.
"Well, if it ain't clothes, I wonder what it would be," he had replied.
"Well, I had red panties on but now it's off and I'm naked under."
"Bitch!" Matt muttered under his breath.

It disgusted him that she did more of the chase. August kept it neutral even though he kept the chat alive.
"The Bleep are you doing on my computer?" she yelled, he hadn't noticed her walk into the room. He frisked her with his eyes, disdain all over them.
"You now Bleep with August or you still planning to?" he asked with disgust in his voice and eyes.
"What is that to you?"
"The Bleep is he going to give you that you ain't getting double from me?"
"Please, I don't know what you are talking about and stay off my stuff."
She moved closer to her, reaching for the computer. He held her by the shoulder and she stopped. Looking him deep in the eyes. The computer binged and a new message came in. They looked and it was August.

"I'm almost at your door." the message read.

"Oh, he's coming here too? To do what?" he asked still gripping her shoulders.
"Leave me alone," she whimpered and his hand dug deeper into her shoulder blades.
"To Bleep you, is that it?" he continued and shook her violently.
"Leave me, you are hurting me," she yelled and pushed him against the computer. He staggered back, nearly pushing the machine off the table. He went at her with anger and grabbed her by her upper arm.

"Stop," A voice called from the direction of the door. They turned to it and August stood there.
"Oh Matt, you shouldn't be caught beating a girl in her house. That's the making of a pussy and straight moronic," he said with a smile at the edge of his lips. Matt let go of Genevieve and stood facing him with mad anger in his eyes.
"Oh no, I can't fight you here man. Can't pay if I break things," August said, moving closer to them.
"You son of a bitch, you sweet talking my girl?" he snapped and moved closer to him. Genevieve sat on the bed with her face buried between her palms.

"You sweet talking my girl huh?" he repeated with a yell.
"No man, I ain't got nothing with your girl, she's there. Ask her," he replied, nodding towards her.
"Go on, Bleep her, she's a bitch after all, Bleep her son of a bitch."
He brushed past him and headed for the open door.
"Do not call a woman a bitch if your mom is nothing better," August muttered.
He stopped at the door and came at him with a blood curling yell. August turned to meet the punch at the side of his face. He staggered back and caught himself from falling on Genevieve. Matt threw another punch and he dodged to the right, catching him with his right knee on the stomach. He fell back on the floor with a whimper and immediately jumped to his feet clutching his tummy.

"I don't want to fight with you here Matt."
He didn't let him finish, he launched at him again with all miscalculations and swiped at the empty air while August sent him reeling back with a blow to the lungs. He grabbed a bottle of wine lying by the door and threw it at him. It landed on his face, knocking out his senses and icing it with a bloody cut on his forehead. Genevieve let out a shriek as the bottle landed on the wall and broke into smaller pieces. August held his bleeding bleeding head and the blood tricked down his face and hand. Matt jumped from the ground and went for the jugular.
He punched at evey single part his knuckles could hit in succession. He hit him on his belly, his lungs and his bleeding face. August caught himself and with the pain throbbing in his head, he grabbed him by his shirt, smearing it with blood. He went berserk and jammed his bleeding head on his nose. The sound of cracking bones in his nose was followed up by a heavy thud as both their heads met with August launching the attack.

He hit him severally with his head, ignoring the severe pain in his. He pushed him away and fell him with a blow that was backed with all the strength left in him. Matt fell on the ground and crawled out of the door. He banged it behind him and ran blindly into the street. August made to give chase.

"Please stop!" Genevieve begged with a teary voice. He stopped midway and turned towards her, remembering her presence.
"Stop fighting please," she whimpered again and he walked slowly to where she sat, aware of the banging pain in his head for the first time. He looked around at the mess in the room and heaved a sigh.
"I'm sorry," he muttered. "About your room."
"It's okay."
"I have to go. I don't like what happened."
"You can't leave with all that blood on you, I will fix you up," she said and got up from the bed.
"No, I'll do that at home."
"I insist," she said and made him sit on the bed. He took a look around the room as she fumbled through the first aid box. He thought it was too neat for a rascal like Genevieve.

"It's going to hurt," she whispered as she opened the bottle of methylated spirit.
"I hope you are good with this," he asked.
"Watch and find out."
She poured a little of the foaming liquid on the bleeding wound and gouged his reaction. He watched her face with a smile, holding his breath and trying not to yell out in pain. He hated looking weak.
"Hmm, you are strong," she whispered.
"Really?"
"Yes, you whooped his ass so easily and he is like 2 years older than you are."
"But I have more blood on me than he does."
She placed the sterile gauze over the cleaned would and pressed the plaster over it.

"The blood looks good on you," she said and smiled. "Come and clean up in the bathroom. You look like you flew out of a zombie movie."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-39.html?m=1
Re: Cold by gtin(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2017
Genevieve ome mma, come nd clean up in d bathroom abi? Ok oh, still following Chipappii ride on

1 Like

Re: Cold by jkaro(m): 1:32am On May 10, 2017
loving this all way back,::::loving this story like man, but I would wish between Gen and August there should be a bleep.

1 Like

Re: Cold by cozyfaithex(f): 2:39pm On May 10, 2017
I love this,the suspence and the excitement was wool...

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:17pm On May 10, 2017
jkaro:
loving this all way back,::::loving this story like man, but I would wish between Gen and August there should be a bleep.

Lol. Thanks bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2017
cozyfaithex:
I love this,the suspence and the excitement was wool...

Thanks sis. grin
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2017
"It was an accident and stop looking at me like that," August said. It was his third attempt at trying to get Mary to stop searching him with her eyes.
"Where was it?" she asked.
"Where was what?"
"The accident."
"Oh, on my way back from the games, fell off a bike and hit my head on the road."
She watched his face and decided he was lying. She let it go anyways. He had this way of not saying anything when he doesn't want to.
"How is it now?" she asked, rubbing his head and titling it to get a closer look.
"It hurts but I will be fine. Just don't tell anyone about it."
"Why?"
"Nothing, just do not tell them."
"Because they won't believe your lie?" she asked and he shot her a look.
"Mary, please get me aspirins. My head is splitting."

She left the room in search of the drug. He lay back on the bed and heaved a sigh. Genevieve had kissed him when he wanted to leave the house, after he had helped her clean up the room. He couldn't deny that he liked it. He only wished it never happened. But if it was going to drive Matt mad, he was willing to have her do it again. His phone vibrated and he jumped from his lying position, causing his head to sting from migraine. He held his head and closed his eyes.

"Bleep, hello?" he said into the phone and Genevieve's voice came up.
"Hey, how are you feeling?"
"Better, it only hurts when I breathe."
She giggled and he smiled.
"Well, the party, I don't think my boyfriend will want to go with me again." she said suggestively.
"I told you I got a date already, I can't go with you and I wouldn't want another fight."
"Well, today is still Wednesday. We still got four days before Sunday. So think about it."
"Do not count on it," he said.
"Well, I will wait for a positive reply. Goodnight," she said.
"Yea, goodnight."
"I love you."
"Please don't," he replied and she dropped the call with a giggle. He removed the phone from his ear and the pain came back.
"Jesus, where's Mary and the aspirin."

"All of a sudden everyone's falling in love with the black boy!" Matt yelled as the hot towel dabbed against his head. He was all red from the head butting he got from August.
"And he beat you silly," Marcella added while she squeezed hot water from the towel.
"You should have seen his face, thing was like a fountain of blood," he bragged and yelped at the touch of the hot towel.
"Well, I think he is cute," Marcella said and his brother turned to look at her.
"Who is cute?"
"Him," she replied and faked a cough. "August."
"Well, I am going to kill him pretty soon," he muttered.
"So who are you taking to the party now that Genevieve has got August?"
"I will go by myself, They won't throw me out for not bringing a date."

August stood before the mirror and observed the face cap on his head. It was black and matched his black sneakers. He squeezed his face and turned it to the right to get a side view of what he looked like and then to the left again. He pushed it further down so that it barely showed his eyes. He liked it that way. He moved back to get a full picture of himself. His blue skinny Jean trouser brought out the fine contour of his legs and the little bit oversized white top though a contrast to the penciled trouser fitted perfectly to his build.

"You look awesome," Mary complimented, walking to where he stood. She was on a body fitted black gown, her amazing shape was made visible and the red heels pushed her up in a beautiful way.
"Thank you." he mouthed and turned to face her. "Do you see any scars?" he asked, moving his head to different angles to let her check it out. She shook her head and opened the perfume bottle. She sprayed it all over him, disregarding his protests.
"Now you also smell good."
"Thank you but we mustn't smell the same."
"You are my date,it'd be more romantic that way," she said and held his hand.
"They are waiting for us outside."
He dropped her a kiss on the lip and smiled.
"Shall we?"
She nodded and they walked out to the parlor.

"Nice hat August, never seen you in one before," Harry commented as they approached.
"Thanks Harry," he replied.
"Good, so who am I handing you all over to?" he asked, looking around at the three of them.
"Him," Jeane answered, pointing at August. She was on simply tailored white gown with a flower clipped on the chest to the left. August smiled at her and she nodded.
"Good, so August, I believe you can take care of them right?"
"Sure."
"No fights, should things get nasty, drive straight home and don't get drunk please," he warned.
"I don't like alcohol," August said and everyone laughed.
"Thank God," harry said and handed him the keys. "That's the Audi. No Grand theft autoing with the car, August," he warned and August nodded.
"Sure, top speed, 50km/h. I can assure you that."
"Good. So now the time is," he flipped his wrist watch and observed it with a frown on his face. "4:30 pm. You should be home before 10 pm."
"Sure, we may be back earlier."
"Good, now get going."

August walked into the noisy party hall with two beautiful teenagers as his company. All eyes lingered on them for long. Matt couldn't take his eyes off him. He was the reason he came to the party without his girl. Genevieve had been at the corner getting all the attentions of single guys for herself until August walked in. She just wanted to fly over to them and pick him up to her corner. He looked amazing that evening and she couldn't wait to grab his attention. She was in her usual mini Jean skirt and boots that were few inches shy of her knees. Her white top had a v neck that revealed her sumptuous cleavage. She was the hot girl every guy would want to take to bed. August saw her seconds after she had seen him. He shot her a smile and observed the rest of the hall, trying to make out friends from foes.

"So what next?" August asked, trying to avoid eye contacts.
"We just blend in," Mary replied and held his arm with both her hands. She wasn't comfortable with the throngs of female eyes ravaging him.

"Hey," Victor called from behind them, holding Jeane's hand.
"Hey Vic," August replied with a glitter in his eyes.
"Can I borrow her?" he asked, pulling Jeane to himself.
"She's all yours man."
"Baby, walk to our company, I will join you in a sec."
Jeane walked away to where Matt sat with the rest of their guys.

"Well, August. I saw what you did to my brother and I gotta tell it to you. It wasn't nice," he said and August watched him with a smile at the corner of his mouth.
"I would like you to know that I am holding it against you and next time shit like that goes down, I'm gonna do things no one would like. I'll let it slide for the sake of my baby here," he nodded towards Jeane who had her eyes on them.

"Good, I hope we all enjoy this party," August replied and walked away from where they stood dragging Mary along.
"What was that?" she asked.
"I don't really know, I think it has to do with Genevieve or something. Fool thinks I got shit with her."
"Oh really?"
"Yes Mary, Really," he said. "let's find something to drink."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-40.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2017
"Hey bro," August said and shook hands over the counter with Garvey. He was handling the drinks.
"How is it going?" he asked, filling a glass with Vodka and handing it over to him.
"Just came in," he replied and took a sip from the glass. He offered it to Mary and she shook her head.
"I hate alcohol," she whispered and August smiled. She picked the glass of orange juice Garvey was handing over to her. They were soon surrounded by a bunch of giggling girls, Mary's friends who had their eyes on her date.
"Hey ladies, this guy is not free tonight," Garvey said with a smile, patting August on the shoulder as he sipped from the glass. "But me here, I sure need company."
They giggled more and Mary excused herself, walking away with her friends.

"I saw Victor say something to you there."
"Yea, I got in a bloody fight with Matt," he said and dropped the empty glass on the counter. He raised the cap to reveal the scars to Garvey. His eyes bulged and he leaned closer.
"Tell me about it bro."
"Well, Was over at Genevieve's house and saw him trying to beat her up and you know, things moved so fast. Next thing, we were both bleeding,"
"Tell me, who bled more?" he asked with a smile.
"He hit me with a bottle, need I say more," he replied and picked the refilled glass off the counter, gulping it up at a go.
"Well just want you to know bro, I'm here at the counter. In charge of the drinks. Should anything happen, I could help you with bottles." he leaned closer. "That is if you don't have a gun."
He laughed at the look on August's face. He was drunk already.
"You would permit me to crash your sister's birthday party?"
"Anything for a brother and I haven't seen a good fight in a long time."
"You are mad bro."

He stood up from the bar seat to gauge how drunk he was. He swayed in different directions and caught himself.
"I'm still good," he muttered and thought he heard someone call his name. "Well maybe not so good. I'm now hearing things."
The voice came again.
"Hey, they want you to help Juliet cut the cake bro," Garvey whispered to him.
"What?" he asked.
"I'm sorry bro, told her your birthday was few days ago. So they want a fellow celebrant to help her with the cake."
August looked at him and thought his head was split in two. He looked again and decided he was drunk.

He held himself and walked to where Juliet and the cake stood. He saw her in her immaculate white gown and neatly made blonde hair and decided she was more beautiful than she was the previous days.
"You are dazzling baby," he whispered to her and held her hand.
"And you are drunk baby," she replied and they placed their hands on the knife.

"You will cut the cake when the champaign pops, okay?" the microphone boomed and they nodded. They waited for it and it came. August put an unusual force to it and the cake split wide apart. Everyone clapped and the bright lights went off. The disco light came back in its stead followed by a loud ear piercing music. The teenagers paired and the groove kicked off. Mary found August before Genevieve could get to him. She pulled him to the centre of the dance floor and led him on.

"Apart from being a wild one, you are also a good dancer," August said to her as they walked out of the floor to the bar soaked in perspiration.
"I love you Mary," Garvey shouted as they both sat. She laughed and said thanks.
"No need to thank me, you sure showed them girls what they do on a dance floor," he said and poured them both a Tequila. Mary took a sip and frowned.
"Might as well get drunk," she said, closing her eyes and holding her breath. She upturned the glass and guzzled its content.
"That's my girl," August yelled being propelled by the liquor.
"Wanna dance again," she screamed in excitement. August drank up his tequila and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
"Wait for me baby," he said and dropped the glass on the table.
"No, with the girls this time," she said and kissed him hard on the lips.
"I'll wait my turn," he whispered and she left him with a smile.
"Ain't you gonna climb out of that bar and come do something out here," he said to Garvey and he shook his head.
"You won't understand the joy of watching drunk people because you are also drunk."
He laughed and turned to meet Genevieve staring at him. He was going to dismiss her but on turning to see Matt staring at them, he changed his mind.

"Where is the ladies room Garvey?"
"I have a bedroom and you are asking for the ladies room?"
"Keys," he asked impatiently and Garvey tossed the over. He grabbed her hips and lifted her off the ground, all the way out of the hall to the house.

Victor made his third attempt at kissing her lips and she moved her face away again. He hissed from frustration and fell back on the chair.
"The hell is wrong with you Jeane? Why are you playing me like this?" he asked and she looked away.
"Nothing," she answered.
"What do you mean nothing?" he asked furiously, wounding his big arm around her neck and forcing her closer to himself.
"I said nothing and get your hands off me," she yelled, wriggling free from him. She stood up and walked away from their company.

August banged the door behind them and threw off the white sheets from the bed.
"I don't want the sheets getting soiled," he murmured as Genevieve grabbed him and kissed him ferociously. He put his hands on her buttocks and squeezed them hard, lifting her off the ground. She put her legs around his waist and they kissed each other out of breath.
He dropped her and pulled his belt open, letting his trouser fall. She got a feel of what was inside by sizing it up by the bulge it made in his pants.
She slid off her red pants and pulled her breast out of her bra, revealing the dark inviting nipples.
"Suck it," she commanded and he obeyed rather too quickly.
"Yea baby!" she moaned as he flicked his tongue on her tips. He worked on her for as long as it was enough for her to ask for the main thing. He threw her on the bed and pounced on her with a ferocity that scared and excited her.

The party had moved from inside the hall to the poolside. There were more people on swimming suits than there were on clothes. A quarter of the merry makers were already on the water and the rest just showed off their amazing body. In the crowd, Mary was able to make out Jeane where she stood, looking all lost.

"A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be alone in a place like this," she yelled above the sound of the blasting music. Jeane turned to her and a smile forced out of her lips.
"And you, where's your company?" she asked, looking around for August.
"That boy is nowhere to be found. A minute he was at the bar, the next he is MIA. Which ever way, let's have fun."

"Hey bro, what are you down out of the bar?" August called from behind Garvey.
"Hey dude, it's my sister's party. Might as well crawl out of the liquor base and catch myself a chic," he said and gave him a side hug.
"How did it go? You and the Chic?" he asked in whispers. August winked and he laughed hard, throwing his head back.
"Crawl back to that bar and get me something to drink, I may have done something I'm going to regret for the rest of my life and I need to get drunk."
"You got it bro."
His hands on August's shoulder, Garvey walked back to the bar with him.

Mary took another look at the direction of the bar and heaved a sigh.
"There he is, let's move over there," she said to Jeane as they waded through the crowd.
"Hey baby. I love you," Matt yelled out to Mary as they got to where he stood. He went on and slapped her buttocks. Her hand went up involuntarily and landed a dazing slap on his cheek. Everywhere seemed to go silent for a moment. Mary stood staring him in the eyeball as people watched.

"Bitch," he muttered and gave her a shove that sent her reeling back into the pool, all dressed in her party wear.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-41.html?m=1
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:52am On May 11, 2017
August heard the water splash and also heard the laughter that followed. He joined in the laughter even though he was still trying to figure out the cause. His eyes went through the door and to the pool. He saw Mary in it, looking so out of place with her clothes still on.
"The hell is she doing in there with her clothes on?" he asked to no one and stood up from the bar.
"I'll be right back," he said to Garvey and walked towards the pool, clutching his glass of Vodka. He met her staring furiously at Matt, her eyes red from looming tears. He shifted his gaze to Matt who was muttering something inaudible. He strained his ears and caught part of it.
"Bitch slapped me," he kept repeating. August flared and dashed at him. He flung a blow at his face with the half filled glass replacing his knuckle. He caught him squarely in the face and he let out a scream. He fell on his back, blinded by the alcohol. August fell on him and pulled him half up by the shirt with his right hand. He landed him punch on the face with the left hand, it sent his head back to the ground with a thud. August clenched his fist for a second punch but felt himself lifted up by his shoulders by firm hands. He wriggled free and turned to receive a blinding slap on the face by Victor. He staggered back, trying to catch himself and also clear his vision blurred by the slap.

The music stopped and people made a big circle around the three of them. He observed the wicked sneer on Matt's face as the blood tickled down his face. He moved his gaze to Victor who looked at him like a lion would look at an antelope. He took a deep breath and clenched his fist.
"You are dead," Victor bellowed and charged at him like a bull. Within the split second he was waiting to be run over by the rampaging bull, he felt a wooden object hit his hand lightly. He turned and saw Garvey handing him a baseball bat with a smile. He snatched it and waited for victor with it.

He raised it like a batman would and crashed it on his head as he got closer, cutting short his attack. He landed him another blow on his back as he fell. Matt took in the whole scenario with one look and swallowed hard. August faced his direction and passed the bat from his left hand to the right.
"Come on boy, come get it," he called at him with a sneer. Matt switched his body weight from his left foot to the right foot and watched him, fidgeting his fingers. August dropped the bat on the floor and went at him with empty hands. The crowd cheered as he approached his unsteady opponent.

Matt threw the first punch, intending to catch him unawares but August seemed to be expecting it. He blocked it by grabbing his extended hand and pulling him closer. He dropped on him his famous headbutt and he fell back from the impact, sneezing out thick blood from his nose. August went after him in succession and hit him all over with his knuckles, finishing him off with a lethal kick. He fell bank and ended in the pool, sending up a great deal of water. The crowd roared and it upped his rage, his eyes were red like a sea of fire as he approached the pool. He felt a wet tender hand restrain him. He turned and met Mary pleading at him with her eyes, her wet hairs stuck to her head.
"Please," she begged. He nodded and heaved a sigh.
"Let's leave here," he said and turned. Mary and Jeane walked after him as the circle parted to let them pass.

Victor rolled over and shook his stinging head to clear his blurred vision. He got up to his knee and pulled the gun from his waist.
"Gun! he's got a gun!" Garvey shouted and the whole place lighted up with screams. He aimed and fired, two shots before Garvey knocked him out with the Baseball bat. The party had been crashed. Everyone went for the exit door at the same time. Some tripped and were ran over amidst their cries. Screams rented the whole place.

August dragged Mary out through the door and hugged her.
"Are you hurt?" he asked her and she shook her head rigorously, biting her shaking fingers.
"Where's Jeane?" he asked, realizing it was just the two of them there for the first time. He made a quick scan through the escaping crowd and couldn't make her out.
"Go to the car and wait for me, I will find her."
She walked away without a word and he turned back into the door. The place was empty. He walked the side of the pool, throwing glances around the whole place.
"August," Jeane called faintly from the door that led into the party hall. He made a quick turnaround and saw her walking towards him. He ran over to her and hugged her tightly.
"Are you OK? Are you hurt?" he asked breathlessly. She looked him in the face with her eyes wet.

"Why are you crying Jeane?" he asked, holding onto her.
"August," she called weakly and collapsed on him. He caught her and slowly stooped, dropping her on his laps. He held up her right hand it was wet.
"Is that your blood? Are you hurt?" he asked a little loud. She blinked slowly and whispered his name. He searched her frantically and found the little bloody hole on the right of her abdomen.
"Jesus you are shot," he gasped and lifted her up. She slowly closed her eyes as he struggled out of the door with her body in his hands.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-42_11.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Cold by gtin(m): 4:44pm On May 11, 2017
Matt and Victor ar so dead

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cold by tunazi(m): 1:32am On May 12, 2017
Next update biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 11:23am On May 13, 2017
wow,wat an update.guy u re d boss

1 Like

Re: Cold by Observer3(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2017
okay oga chipappii nice story but emmm. . .. is august not to young to drive a car. . .ah ah. . .bros sofry with d lie naa. . . .. . . . Nice story tho. . .am a big fan. . . Keep up d good works cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cold by kendazzy: 10:59pm On May 31, 2017
but oga chipapii this your story dey go somehow....wetin come happen to jaycee and Williams you come leave am jump to seven years later Nawa oooh

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Observer3:
okay oga chipappii nice story but emmm. . .. is august not to young to drive a car. . .ah ah. . .bros sofry with d lie naa. . . .. . . . Nice story tho. . .am a big fan. . . Keep up d good works cheesy

grin grin. All is fair in fiction grin
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
kendazzy:
but oga chipapii this your story dey go somehow....wetin come happen to jaycee and Williams you come leave am jump to seven years later Nawa oooh

Bro I'm just trying to bring August into focus as the protagonist that he is. Those ones still dy. Thanks
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
gtin:
Matt and Victor ar so dead

I see you bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
wow,wat an update.guy u re d boss

Thanks bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
He held her hand and squeezed them. She shut her eyes and opened them again, moist from tears.
"I love you and I want you to live, please," he begged. She said nothing and he wasn't expecting her to. Even if she wanted to, the oxygen mask wouldn't have made it any easy. She was weak and prepped for surgery. Every part of her was weak from the anesthetics.
"Jeane," he called her, still holding onto her hand. "Promise me you will make it alive, for us, for me."
She nodded slightly and the cloud of tears went down her face in a single stream. August kissed her hand and moved back from the bed. The nurse wheeled her bed into the theatre.

He walked down the hall and Mary came crashing into his arms, breaking down into tears. He held her and stroked her back. He had no words of consolidation, he could only hold her and hope it was enough.
"She'll make it," he whispered as her body shook against his. Harry watched on from the end of the hall.

They walked to where he stood, Mary leaning on his shoulder and dragging her feet.
"She'll be fine," Harry reassured. August nodded, deep inside him, he blamed himself for everything and Harry saw it.
"I hope you know it's not your fault that some asshole decided to be an asshole," he said, looking him in the face.
"No, maybe if I had been more careful, I don't know and I can't say but then, Maybe if.." he broke down and stopped. "It's all my fault."
"It's not your fault boy, let's get home and change, we will be back and see how the surgery went."
"She will live, I mean it's just to remove some bullet right?" he asked, casting him a glance that made it look like he had a say on her survival.
"She will live," he murmured. "we should get home, you need to change from that bloody cloth."

The time was 9:45 pm when they got to the hospital that night. Jeane had managed to hold on to what was left of her life by a strand of hair and had managed to make it to the hospital still breathing. Harry rushed down to the hospital when he got the call from August and they had stood by her, never for once looking for a seat until all the formalities had been carried out and she was prepped for surgery to get rid of the bullet lodged in her body.

Harry looked at his wrist watch and heaved a sigh.
"12 am, we should be back by 7 in the morning. You guys need some decent sleep," he suggested. They took the suggestion and followed him out of the hospital building to the carpark.

"August, you two go before me, I will be tagging behind," Harry said and got into his car. August and Mary got into the Audi and they drove out into the night.

They drove through the lonely street in a convoy, their headlamps lighting the dark road. Mary sat by August all numb as the events of the night replayed in her mind. Occasional tears strode down her face. He moved his hand to her face and caressed it.
"She will be fine. Tomorrow, we are going back to the hospital and she is going to be smiling back at us. And Victor is going to pay back for every single horror you have to go through, every single one of it. I swear."
She held his hand and squeezed them. She was too weak to speak. She just held them.

Harry shot up the volume of the music in his stereo and fell deep into it's soft rhythm. He hope it would calm his frayed nerves. After so many years, he thought he was finally going to rid his mind of the memories of Susan. It's been 14 years and all those whiles, there was never a night he went to bed without thinking of her and her cold absence from her own side of their bed. Her empty closet and the cold memories had lingered in their bedroom for a very long time, he was going to adjust to it until the helpless body of Jeane lying on that hospital bed tripped everything over. He realized how vulnerable his only daughter was. Susan, his pretty wife, the only woman he had ever had to fall in love with because of her eyes. She had died giving birth to Mary and he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. He swore to that behind the wheels.

August got down from the car and walked to the gate, his path lighted by the headlamps. The cool breeze hit his skin in a soothing way and he shook the tears from his eyes. He looked across the street and thought he saw a figure leaning on the fence but it was too dark to know, his mind could be forming things at the moment, especially when he couldn't shake off the look on Jeane's eyes when she fell on him. He shrugged and continued with his task of opening the gate. He got through with it and drove in, tailed by Harry.

Victor stood upright and cocked his gun. He waited for August to close the gate before he crossed the street and made his way to the gate with Matt beside him, clutching his own pistol.

"You should take your bath, I will wait for you here," August said to Mary and she nodded slightly. He held her and walked her to her room, a room she shared with Jeane. He flicked the switch on and they stood at the door, looking around the room like they expected to find something in there.
"Go change and come to the bathroom, I will wait for you here," he nudged her forward and she obliged. He shut the door and leaned against it, letting out a sigh and closing his eyes. It was one hell of a birthday party.

He walked to his room and lay quietly on the bed, trying to calm the throbbing sound in his head. He replayed the events of the night in his head and stopped when he got to the part of the shooting. He remembered the two deafening gunshots and this time around, he thought he heard three. He opened his eyes and became aware of his environment again. The clock on the wall placed the time at 1:04 am. He wiped his face with his hand and heard the fourth shot come from the direction of the sitting room.

The sound of a door banged shut came into the room. He jerked from his bed and reached for the drawer standing against the wall. He pulled it open and picked the loaded glock from it. He sneaked out of his door and tiptoed to the bathroom, his finger romancing the trigger. He opened the door as stealthily as he could and peeked. Mary was no longer there and everywhere was a frightening silent.

He walked down the dark corridor on tiptoes and straight into the door that led to the parlor. He stopped at the sight of a bulky figure facing him in the darkness and raised his gun. He heard a whimper and it sounded so much like Mary. He paused and took one more step. He brought his gun down a little and heard a hammer click close to his right ear.

"Drop it," Matt said and he felt the muzzle touch the side of his head. The light came on and hit his eyes. He blinked hard and opened his eyes fully. Mary stood before him wrapped in her pink towel, Victor stood behind her, his massive hand round her neck and a pistol to her head. On the couch, beside them, Harry lay in his own pool of blood.
"Drop the damn gun!" Matt snapped again and Victor gave him a sneer, Mary sniffed and he felt the rage rise within him. He wanted to tear the both of them apart but gun sticking to her head made him have a rethink. He let the gun drop to the floor and raised both his hands.

"I told you, I will so Bleep you up if you ever mess with us again," Victor said and held Mary by the nape, pushing her closer to where August stood. He saw the look on her face, he could feel how much heavy the horror was on her and he was helpless. It made him angry to know that he was helpless against the top two people in the world he so much wanted to slit their throats out.
"Please, it was just me, she had nothing to do with it," he pleaded softly, his blazing eyes a trifle different from the words that came out of his mouth. Victor smiled and Matt cackled. He ran a trace on her belly with the gun and brought it up to her breast, inserting the gun muzzle into the top of her towel, just between her cleavage. She whispered and August bit his lips.

"What do you say we bring down this towel, check out what's inside?" he asked Matt and he gave a suggestive smile.
"Wanna watch?" Matt asked August and got no reply. Victor made her kneel on the floor. She covered her face with both her hands and sobbed, her body shaking. Victor unstrapped his belt and sneered at August.

"Do not touch her, please, I'm begging you. I can't guarantee it now but soon I will slit both your throats if you lay a finger on her," August cried. Matt smacked him with the gun and he fell to the floor, hot blood tickling from the side of his face.
"Just watch," Victor said and kicked Mary to the ground. She cried out and August felt an ache in his heart, he couldn't stand and watch.

Victor pulled the towel from her body and her unclothedness stared him back in the face, her tender, attractive body made him mad with lust and August raged, helplessly. Victor took one last look at August, he mocked him with his expression and let his pants fall. He launched at her and in a snap, August launched at him, flying all cautions in the wind. He jabbed a fist on his head and threw his weight against him. Victor fell back and August mounted him. He dropped two quick punches on his face before Victor grabbed his hand and Matt hit his head with the butt of his gun. He fell of Victor and his head throbbed painfully.

"Bleep you, you are dead boy," Victor threatened and stood up, staggering from the effect of the punch. Matt pointed the two guns at August and Mary scrambled for her towel, shielding her body with it amidst constant tears. August stared up at them and his eyes moistened.

"I am going to kill you and nobody will do shit about it, you know why?" Victor asked and didn't wait for an answer, he said:
"Because we own this town, my father runs it dumb head."

August knew he couldn't do anything anymore, they were helpless and he realized they would have their way, whatever it is they wanted to do. He stared at Mary where she curled on the floor and at Harry on the suffer, swimming in his own pool of blood. He raised his head and held victor by his eyes. He gave a bold smile between the blood that was tickling down his face. He didn't break the smile, not even when Victor pointed his own gun to his face.

"You shouldn't have messed with my girl niggar," Matt spoke for the first time. He wasn't as crazy as his brother but he was mad August wrecked things between him and Genevieve. August shifted his gaze to him, the smile still on his face.
"Yea, maybe I shouldn't have messed with her but I bleeped her, yes I bleeped her," he broke into a hysterical laughter and shook his head. "She yelled I was more of a man than you will ever be, she chose me over you and she thought you were nothing."

The outburst earned him a kick from Matt and he fell to his side and sat up again.
"And you," he said, shifting his gaze to Victor. "Your girl, the one who wouldn't even let you peck her cheek, Jeane, she was ready to hand it all over to me, her heart, her fucking body and everything, things you could never get close to. She would give it all to me, me and I didn't need to ask. You two are nothing compared to who I am, I am August Donatti and you are nothing."
A kick from Victor sent him sprawling to the ground again. He heard Mary whimper again and felt sorry he had to bring the Donatti ill luck into their family.

"And you are the one who dies," Victor muttered and cocked his gun. "Say goodbye."
He didn't grant him that honor of a goodbye. He heard the sound, and saw the flash through his moist eyes, two times and the whimper died. He couldn't scream, he just saw her spread out on the floor and through the shock, he saw the gun come for him. Two more shots, he felt no pain, he was already numb from watching Mary, the one he had loved heaped on the gathering scarlet liquid, her own blood. Through the blur in his eyes, he saw Victor pull his pants up and watched them escape through the door. He wanted to go for her hand, to hold the one he loved once more but he was too weak to. His eyes closed slowly and he spread out against the couch on which Harry lay. He thought it felt cold to be dead. Then he felt nothing more, not even his own existence.

Matt pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed a number. Jeane died at exactly 5 am, smiling at his face she thought she had seen in a mist, she loved August.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-43.html?m=1
Re: Cold by Wane2: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
smileyI must say this is a very interesting story, good job, but it seems you're mixing up the names and getting me confused so please check the names again. Thank you
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wane2:
smileyI must say this is a very interesting story, good job, but it seems you're mixing up the names and getting me confused so please check the names again. Thank you

Thanks bro. What particular part is that?
Re: Cold by Wane2: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chipappii:

Thanks bro. What particular part is that?
Are Janet and Mary the same girl, or are they two different people?
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wane2:

Are Janet and Mary the same girl, or are they two different people?

They are two different people.
Re: Cold by Wane2: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chipappii:

They are two different people.
Ok it's clearer now

1 Like

Re: Cold by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Wow! Breathtaking story......more inspiration, Chipappii
Re: Cold by Nedlog(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Cold by kendazzy: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Chipappii:

Bro I'm just trying to bring August into focus as the protagonist that he is. Those ones still dy. Thanks
thanks bro one love....you bad gan
Re: Cold by Nedlog(m): 1:14am On Jun 03, 2017
Re: Cold by jkaro(m): 1:29am On Jun 05, 2017
Chipappii you are the man..... I trow salute for you.... hope August and Mary nor go die... I swear if e happen I won't read this story again

just joking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by gtin(m): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2017
Chipappii whatever u do dnt let August die, i will like to see August revenge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by Nedlog(m): 9:20am On Jun 05, 2017
Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
nice one bro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.