Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah (4326 Views)

Sokoto State "Property" Eradication Agency Bus (Photo) / Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission / Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sokoto government says reports are false

The Sokoto state government has released a statement on reports that the state's Hisbah commission was disbanded.The statement signed by Bashir Garba, secretary to the state government, reads;

The attention of Sokoto State Government has been drawn to stories in the media to the effect that the State Hisbah Commission has been disbanded.

The Government wishes to clarify that the operations of the State Hisbah Commission, which is a creation of the law, has not been suspended. Similarly, it should be noted that the leadership of the Commission is still in place and have not been suspended from duty.

By the provisions of the law establishing the Hisbah Commission, only the State Governor has the right to remove any member of the Commission from his/her duty, which in this case, nothing of such has happened.

For the records, the Ministry of Religious Affairs held a meeting with the leadership of the three factions claiming authority over Hisbah Commission in the State. An agreement was reached to harmonise their operations for the benefit of the citizenry.

That process is still on, and further communication will be made after due consultations with relevant stakeholders.

We implore journalists to always cross-check all issues with designated authorities before proceeding to press.
http://politicsngr.com/sokoto-state-government-denies-disbanding-hisbah/
cc : lalasticlala

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Meridianlove: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Issorite

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by fhelihx(m): 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
seen * next*
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Blue3k(m): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wow this guy called it. He smelled lies.

Nasman:
Bloody lie. If it not on Daily trust or other Northern newspaper. I don't believe it. And plus, Tambuwal can't dare do that. This is a state where the Sultan is staying. The Ulama council are very powerful. If you say the head of Hisbah has been removed, then I may believe. But definitely not disbanding Hisbah in Sokoto State. How can Sharia Law be operated without it enforcement agency?
No Hisbah Agency no reelection for you as simple as that. You are from a part of Nigeria where Religious Conservative form the majority in the voting block.

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Nasman(m): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
I told you all. Now you see
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by BabaRamota1980: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
Awon people yi gaan sef, I tire for Sokoto State story. This is nothing but damage control now after seeing the response and condemnation online. This is PR script.
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by leofab(f): 12:36am On Jan 09, 2017
Front page tomorrow.. make I spread mat here
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by mykeljosef: 1:26am On Jan 09, 2017
government of denial
for denials
and by denials

leofab abeg shift small make i manage for your mat b4 im reach promise land

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2017
Bloggers!!!!
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Innodon(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2017
Season of Banning and later Denial
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by bankyblue(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2017
Who is fooling who......abeg make e na upload another pastor Adeboye topic nor make I comment
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Adesam09(m): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2017
What can I say
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by eightsin(m): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2017
How many constitutions do we have in Nigeria?
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Atiku2019: 7:29am On Jan 09, 2017
Denial Series?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by skywalker001(m): 7:29am On Jan 09, 2017
Booked
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by INTROVERT(f): 7:30am On Jan 09, 2017
grin
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:34am On Jan 09, 2017
that pics shows the man is lier Abi u no notice am?? grin

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Ilacage: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2017
Tambuwal Cant Do Such
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by SWORD419(m): 8:06am On Jan 09, 2017
warris nairaland turning into?? av even told my friends that trusts me 100% this story, wat should i do now?? they'll see me as a liar
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by iluvpomo(m): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2017
Sakwatoe news no go fass one page
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by dalaman: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2017
I knew they'll deny it.

My question is who started the "give a fuckkkkk" trend on nairaland? The person needs to be arrested.
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2017
before nko?
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Guyman02: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2017
The deception is when they tell you that Sharia is for ONLY Muslims but will cease and destroy truck loads of beer belonging to Christians in their locality while collecting money from alcohol consumption tax from the South.
One Naijeriya indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Guyman02: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2017
SWORD419:
warris nairaland turning into?? av even told my friends that trusts me 100% this story, wat should i do now?? they'll see me as a liar
The story is still correct.
They said there are 3 factions and there activities was only temporarily suspended while the Hisbah leadership is being harmonized. It was not an outright ban as earlier reported.
They are now doing a U-Turn because there is public uproar that Sharia and Hisbah is only for the Poor since the Govt is taking action on their activities because one faction seized the musical equipment meant for the Governors daughters wedding.
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by fmprof(m): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
Blue3k:
Wow this guy called it. He smelled lies.

and Hisbah is greater than Nigerian Constitution Ko? Idiets
Re: Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah by Blue3k(m): 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
fmprof:
and Hisbah is greater than Nigerian Constitution Ko? Idiets

Did I say it was. Stop arguing with strawmen. Lol you don't have brain capacity to start arguements dunce.

(1) (Reply)

CJN Will Not Appear Before CCT On Monday — NJC Tells Buhari / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Gets An Invitation To The UN General Assembly. / Nigerians Destroying Posters Of Tinubu, Calling BAT Oleburuku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.