Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? (7924 Views)

Poll: Who should keep the ring

The man: 62% (10 votes)
The woman: 37% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

I don't know. They should sort out their own mishap. I'd rather he tied strings together than for me to pay for my engagement ring. And that's like a one in a thousand cases. We are talking about when a man buys the ring.

Regardless of who bought it, personally, it was a gift and the giftee shd keep the ring and she is free to do whatever she wants with it.
It is like you telling me that the ring belongs to the man, even thought they are together and doing well
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

It's just 3 to 1. Chill bobo! cool

Sorry but I have my own ways. I had male friends who bought me gifts and now that we aren't in good terms anymore, I have problems wearing those earrings and necklaces. If I could I'd gladly return them but they told me they didn't want them back.

Well, that is why u saying that then, cos if you would even return ordinary gifts, i wont be surprised if you wanna return underwear sef to them . . . tongue
ratio of 3:1 is not too bad, but i still dey chill
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
I return returnable gifts. Haba why person go return underwear? grin grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

I return returnable gifts. Haba why person go return underwear? grin grin

Cos be like say, u just like to return stuff . . . . tongue
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
If the guy is ok with it, I'll return whatever he bought for me. cool
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Mrblazer(m): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
I dont pray for disappointment grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by xynerise: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
She said no to my proposal so why should I give her the ring again? Engagement ring is never a gift. If she said no then I will check the next door. See o grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
Considering you had already given it to her, would you want it back?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

If the guy is ok with it, I'll return whatever he bought for me. cool

If he is ok, you will return the lingerie he bought u?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

Considering you had already given it to her, would you want it back?

Nothing i give to a woman that i will ever wanna gget back
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2009
Mr blazer:

I dont pray for disappointment grin

No one does.
xynerise:

She said no to my proposal so why should I give her the ring again? Engagement ring is never a gift. If she said no then I will check the next door. See o grin  

Say she said YES and you gave her the ring and some months later, u messed up, would u ask for the ring back?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
He wants to sell them or wear them? lipsrsealed

By the way no guy has ever bought a lingerie for me. Only my girlfriends have for brithdays and festivities. Besides I like to surprise my boo by buying the underwears myself.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

He wants to sell them or wear them? lipsrsealed

By the way no guy has ever bought a lingerie for me. Only my girlfriends have for brithdays and festivities. Besides I like to surprise my boo by buying the underwears myself.

A woman buying u lingerie, watch out oh, cos they might be checking u out.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Regardless of who bought it, personally, it was a gift and the giftee shd keep the ring and she is free to do whatever she wants with it.
It is like you telling me that the ring belongs to the man, even thought they are together and doing well

It doesn't sound right in my ears. Give back the ring and be free from every attachment you had with him. I think it clears the mind on the girl's part. It's a good step in finding peace from what may have transpired between you two.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by xynerise: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2009
If she has it already? Well I will beg her to forgive me where I go wrong, but is not the reason she is rejecting me then I will tell her '' Oya! Oya pull my ring give me abeg, Mary don beg me make I propose to her because of you I bone am. Give me my ring! '' her papa. grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

It doesn't sound right in my ears. Give back the ring and be free from every attachment you had with him. I think it clears the mind on the girl's part. It's a good step in finding peace from what may have transpired between you two.

My dear, regardless of what was returned or not, there are so many things that will forever make the relationship stands out in your head, have u ever loved someone so much and it ended, and you and your new man started ending up at same place u used to go with your former?
The kiss, the lovemaking, just too many things to remind you and make your heart beat faster at all time, so it is not the ring.
Like Micheline said, there is more that the woman cld have contributed if they were married than the worth of the ring, so also the emotional headache that she cld have gone thru all by dating.
The woman shd keep the ring
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
I also buy them hot sex lingeries. I even got a pair of handcuffs for my girlfriend. cool
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
xynerise:

If she has it already? Well I will beg her to forgive me where I go wrong, but is not the reason she is rejecting me then I will tell her '' Oya! Oya pull my ring give me abeg, Mary don beg me make I propose to her because of you I bone am. Give me my ring! '' her papa. grin

You are just funny.
She refused to give yu and said, it is hers cos you gave it to her, then, what?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by xynerise: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2009
Then there will be homicide grin. Dont mind me I kid a lot. If ring is what she wants then let her have it. I know I will see a gal prettier than her .
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
xynerise:

Then there will be homicide grin. Dont mind me I kid a lot. If ring is what she wants then let her have it. I know I will see a gal prettier than her .

If you keep looking at the prettiness of the babe, you will buy so many rings be4 the real one oh.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by xynerise: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
I dont actually mean facially pretty alone. I actually meant to say someone better than her.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
xynerise:

I dont actually mean facially pretty alone. I actually meant to say someone better than her.

Okkkkkkkkkkkk tongue
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by naijatoday: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
I did not want to start a new tread for this but I want to ask this question.

In Nigeria when a guy proposes to a girl, does he give her a ring?

I am asking because in Nigeria we have Engagement ceremony were rings are exchanged. Is it the same ring that is exchanged or does the guy buy another engagement ring?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
I think this is a great question and i will like to know what people will say, and if the couple break up, who will keep that ring.?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by naijatoday: 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think this is a great question and i will like to know what people will say, and if the couple break up, who will keep that ring.?

maybe i should start a new thread.

I am asking the question because I see some people (Nigerians) that their boyfriend proposed to them with rings and I just wonder will the boyfriend give another one during the engagement ceremony and wedding.

I think the lady keeps the ring since the guy gave it to her.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
naijatoday:

maybe i should start a new thread.

I am asking the question because I see some people (Nigerians) that their boyfriend proposed to them with rings and I just wonder will the boyfriend give another one during the engagement ceremony and wedding.

I think the lady keeps the ring since the guy gave it to her.

That is what i would expect too.
Start a new thread for it
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by mamagee3(f): 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
The woman should give it back. cheesy cheesy
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by posakosa(m): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2009
If it doesn't work out--- the woman should gladly give it back and move on
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by naijatoday: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

if it is a cheap ring, I will encourage her to give it back. If it is expensive, the girl should sell it and keep the money.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
mama-gee:

The woman should give it back. cheesy cheesy

Why shd she give a gift back?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
naijatoday:

if it is a cheap ring, I will encourage her to give it back. If it is expensive, the girl should sell it and keep the money.

Lol
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

Works out or not, it was a gift and shd not be returned.
That ought to be for her to keep, sell and use the money to clean your heart of the Nigro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? / How To Prevent Divorce - Things You Should Establish In Early Marriage / What Or Who Influences Your Critical Decisions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.