Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? (7719 Views)

Poll: Who should keep the ring

The man: 62% (10 votes)
The woman: 37% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by r231(m): 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2009
it depends on the price lol
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:02am On Dec 04, 2009
r231:

it depends on the price lol

Regardless of the price, u gave it to her and it is now hers and stay hers
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Amigoz(f): 6:08am On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Gifts: Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation

engagement: The act of engaging or the state of being engaged. Betrothal. , Definition: pledge to marry

So with this definition, how has the ring differ from it being a gift to the woman to seal a promise to marry?

since this is no longer the case, the ring stays with the victim i.e the dissapointed wink
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Regardless of the price, u gave it to her and it is now hers and stay hers

wrong, it is called an engagement ring, if u are no more engaged it goes back to the one who bought it
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by r231(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2009
na2day?:

wrong, it is called an engagement ring, if u are no more engaged it goes back to the one who bought it

good point
why would she want to keep it anywayz?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy,
You have defined it all that gift and engagement are different
thing, so pls i still stand that the girl shld gave the young man
back his ring simple as ABCD.

42day
Thanks man, u no wats up, the girl surpose to have
given back that ring that moment they broke up.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
obiksam:

Fhemmmy,
You have defined it all that gift and engagement are different
thing, so pls i still stand that the girl shld gave the young man
back his ring simple as ABCD.

42day
Thanks man, u no wats up, the girl surpose to have
given back that ring that moment they broke up.

r231:

good point
why would she want to keep it anywayz?

na2day?:

Amigoz:

since this is no longer the case, the ring stays with the victim i.e the dissapointed wink

Regardless of if the contract is stil valid or not, it was given as a gift cos of the expectation, and even while the expectation is no more expected, the rings still belongs to the woman, cos, she never begged for the damn ring.
It was called engagement ring and from the time they broke off the engagement, it is now just a ring.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy.
Ok if it is the girl fault then who will hold the ring.
I don't understand you,you have defined it early
gift and engagement are not the same thing period
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2009
obiksam:

Fhemmmy.
Ok if it is the girl fault then who will hold the ring.
I don't understand you,you have defined it early
gift and engagement are not the same thing period

No matter who made mistake or broke the engagment.
I defined it earlier, however, i never said anything different from what i have been saying all along.
You gave the woman the ring, she never asked for it, and u dont expect her to say NO when you gave it to her.
So the ring belongs to the woman then, now and forever. tongue
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 8:17am On Dec 05, 2009
As you are a man about to engage your
girl and you found out that she is wearing
an engagement ring given to her by the previous
man that proposed her before how will you fill.
Even the girl will not like to wear the ring
because it will scare men like me away.

Abeg where the poster they, pls tell us
who dey with the ring.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 8:20am On Dec 05, 2009
obiksam:

As you are a man about to engage your
girl and you found out that she is wearing
an engagement ring given to her by the previous
man that proposed her before how will you fill.
Even the girl will not like to wear the ring
because it will scare men like me away.

Abeg where the poster they, pls tell us
who dey with the ring.

The woman dont have to be wearing the rings, she could sell it and use the money to have fun.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2009
Fhemmmy
Why will she sell it.
Infact i'm done with this post.

But my friend i still stand that she shld return the dam ring fast.

Good bye.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2009
I for got, the way you are sounding, are you sure
that you are not the guy in person? well if you have
for given her please kindly tell us what happoned.
Bye
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2009
obiksam:

I for got, the way you are sounding, are you sure
that you are not the guy in person? well if you have
for given her please kindly tell us what happoned.
Bye

Hahahahaha.
It is just a conversation, it has nothing to do with me oh.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by baybbootz(f): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2010
oh my gawshhh
i mised ma lil debate soo muchhh
Wus wining
grin grin grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by tanimz(f): 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2010
I still think the woman should keep it.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 9:48am On Jan 07, 2010
tanimz:

why? it is called an engagement ring for a reason and if the engagement is called off, let the real owner should keep the ring, in this case the one that bought the ring
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by baybbootz(f): 11:36am On Jan 07, 2010
why? it is called an engagement ring for a reason and if the engagement is called off, let the real owner should keep the ring, in this case the one that bought the ring

GBAM,
dts d ish ryt there,uve saed it ol.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by r231(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2010
tanimz:

why its not like we are together anymore so why is she keeping it. I mean to do what with it take it to the next man or what grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2010
baybbootz:

GBAM,
dts d ish ryt there,uve saed it ol.

thank u my sista, i know say at least i bin attend primary sch somewhere grin grin grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 2:39am On Jan 09, 2010
tanimz:

Yes, u be correct person jare.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by tanimz(f): 4:02am On Jan 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Yes, u be correct person jare.

So, your on my side now? LOL,
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2010
I kept mine from my first engagaement and sold it. He gave it to me, so its mine
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2010
aisha2:

I kept mine from my first engagaement and sold it. He gave it to me, so its mine

ole! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by koolchicco: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2010
aisha2:

I kept mine from my[i] first[/i] engagaement and sold it. He gave it to me, so its mine

. .And How many have u had, in total? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2010
aisha2:

koolchicco:

. .And How many have u had, in total? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

rotflmao!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2010
na2day?:

ole! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
koolchicco:

Lol
Just one oh. No vex brothers, I deserved that much abeg, u n o go understand
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by coolier(f): 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2010
tanimz:

I think she should have the decency to return it, the reason for accepting it no longer exists.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Leilah(f): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
Eh the pawn store!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On Jan 18, 2010
He gave it to the woman, so it belongs to her to do as she wants
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by tanimz(f): 1:24am On Jan 18, 2010
Fhemmmy:

He gave it to the woman, so it belongs to her to do as she wants

Yeah baby!!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 1:38am On Jan 18, 2010
coolier:

I think she should have the decency to return it, the reason for accepting it no longer exists.

I think it is better for the men to give conditions then . . . ."Maria, will u marry me, and if it ends, i will take back my rings" or shd we call it pre-engageup . . . . cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Sexual Problem With My Wife / Deleted / How Can I Handle My Toxic Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.