Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund (964 Views)

Press Release From Alaigbo Development Foundation. (must Read) / Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / Buhari Appoints Malami, Six Others To Board Of Solid Minerals Development Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by Fremancipation: 7:41am On Jan 10, 2017
An Igbo group known as Alaigbo Develop­ment Foundation (ADF) has received massive support from Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State and other distinguished Igbo sons and daughters from all walks of life who converged at Dora Akuyili Women Development Center, Awka, during the in­auguration of the management board of ADF Trust fund led by Archbishop Emeritus of the Province on the Niger Anglican Communion, Most. Rev Max­well Anikwenwa.

Others who joined Governor Obiano to support the ADF with cash donations and other support incentives include for­mer Governor Peter Obi, Chief Chekwas Okorie who is rec­ognized as the founder of two Igbo-originated parties - All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) and United Progres­sive Party (UPP), former gover­norship candidate of APGA in Imo State, Capt. Emmanuel Ihe­anacho who chaired the occa­sion and Chancellor of Gregory University, Uturu, in Abia State, Dr. Gregory Ibe and Ambassa­dor Uche Ajulu Okeke.
Also included are Senator Ben Obi, former Minister of Power, Prof. Bart Nnaji, the Chairman Masters Energy, Mr. Uche Oga who is contest­ing the governorship ticket of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for 2015 governorship election in Abia State, the chair­man Chikason Group, Chief Alexander Chika Okafor, chair­man Coscharis Group, Mr. Cos­mas Maduka, chairman Rapido Group Mr. Frank Nneji, busi­ness tycoon Mr. ABC Orjiakor and Chris Anyakora (Okofia Abagana) among others.

In his short speech shortly after the inauguration the chair­man of the management board of the trust fund, Archbishop Anikwenwa, thanked the mem­bers of ADF for chosing him and few others to manage the financial desk of the foundation and thanked the people who have come to support the cause of the foundation assuring that the board will discharge their duty with fear of God and pas­sion to take Alaigbo to the next level.

Major highlights of the occa­sion were the issuing of award of pathfinders insignia to eminent personalities and launching to raise fund for the N200million project of a proposed ADF uni­ty hall sited at Okoanam Delta State.

In his remarks, Governor Obiano who was represented by his deputy Dr Nkem Okeke said that he is very much interested in every initiative and measures aimed at the development and progress of Igbo land and that was why he on assumption of office as governor gave the is­sue of security a priority and ensured that there is tight se­curity in Anambra State noting that the adequate security in the state opened the gate for Ndi Anambra to invest at home.

Dr. Okeke who performed the inauguration rites said that Anambra State has taken the advantage of the security situa­tion to attract huge investments in Agriculture from Coascharis Farms and others pointing out that the Obiano administration has facilitated massive improve­ment on food production in the state with agricultural produce such as rice, vegetable and other things being produced in large quantity in the state.
The deputy governor who commended the members of ADF for their vision and com­mitment toward the develop­ment and progress of Alaigbo pledged the unflinching sup­port of Anambra State gov­ernment under Obiano to the cause of the Igbo group noted that what the ADF has set out to do in Igbo land deserves the support of everybody and Anambra would not lag behind.

Also speaking, the chairman of the occasion, Capt. Iheana­cho, said he was delighted to see that the members of the Foun­dation were passionately dedi­cated to the cause of Ndigbo and called on the state governors of the seven Igbo speaking states and all well meaning sons and daughters of all Igbo extraction to throw their weight behind them to enable the Foundation achieve all they have set out for the progress of Alaigbo.

Iheanacho said “when I con­tested for governorship of Imo State under the platform of APGA I had it in mind to run a government that will focus on think-home philosophy, promote Igbo values and give the people of Imo State the de­sired development and progress they were yearning for. What I wanted to do in my state is ex­actly what the ADF is dedicated and committed to do for us and that is why I am interested in this program here, I therefore appeal to our people to kindly support ADF”
In his words, Chief Chekwas Okorie emphasized the need for Ndigbo to organize what he called political summits not­ing that after organizing eco­nomic and security summit the next agenda for the Igbo is to sit down and discuss issues of politics as they are affecting the Igbo nation in Nigeria.
The founder of APGA and UPP called on Ndigbo to sup­port ADF reassured that he shall always make himself avail­able to identify with initiatives and programs targeted at the wellbeing of Alaigbo noting that he has been part of the movements of ADF from day one starting from the event of international colloquium on Igbo question held in Enugu few years ago.
Earlier in his address the president of ADF, Professor Uzodimma Nwala, gave a de­tailed back ground information about the birth, the vision and mission of the foundation stat­ing the foundation is a child of international colloquium on the question in Nigeria, before, dur­ing and after Biafra war which was conceived and held in Enugu by a body of Igbo intel­ligentsia, clergy, elders, patriots, women and youth in the light of the persistent crises-ridden so­cio political situation in the Ni­geria federation and the debate over Igbo future.

According to Nwala, the foundation is focused on the restoration and development of the Igbo nation driving the im­perative of a paradigm shift in sustaining and maintaining the struggle for the rebuilding and development of Alaigbo and the rebirth and advancement of the spirit of her culture and civiliza­tion adding that the manage­ment board of the ADF trust fund is to take care of finance in the foundation.

He commended the host governor, Chief Willie Obiano for his support in providing the foundation with accommoda­tion and others things and also appreciated everybody who has given support to the foun­dation. He assured that the pro Igbo group is committed to liv­ing up to its billings and expec­tations of Ndigbo.

http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/01/Obiano-Obi-Chekwas-others-back-Alaigbo-Devt--Foundation/
Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by Flatties: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2017
grin grin kwenu!
Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by Fremancipation: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2017
The think Home Philosophy is beginning to bear fruits.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by Emycord: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Light of the nation. But where is that eastern heartland guy seems so silent abi he dey gather money to give harry for 2019

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by CliffordOrji: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2017
Fremancipation:
The think Home Philosophy is beginning to bear fruits.
Think home indeed . This same Captain Emmanuel Iheanacho who was the chairman of the occassion, is proposing to build an Oil Refinery in far away Badagry, Lagos State insted of his own Imo State. So much for thinking home. These old men are just talkative. I am very sure that after the meeting, more than half of them left Alaigbo 'cos they do not reside here permanently.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/indigenous-firm-to-build-n25-8bn-new-refinery-in-lagos/

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by Bishops10(m): 8:11am On Jan 10, 2017
Hello Nlanders,I really need a good work to keep body and soul going. I'm an OND graduate of Computer Engineering(can work even outside my field)
Residence: Lagos
Contact:08176255344/Emmanuelchijioke55@gmail.com Help a bro in need.Thanks
Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by donigspain(m): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
After my visit to Aba, Abia state during the yuletide, I can sadly say that we've made another terrible mistake in leadership! There is very little sign of good leadership in the state. Aba is an eyesore! Very dirty... Bad roads... severe hardship... God help us! The propaganda flagged-off roads have been abandoned after buildings have been demolished in Ibadan st, Ibere st, Agharandu st, etc. Ngwa road (New Market), Ohanku road and Obohia is a no go area. Street cultism is the order of the day. Teens moving in packs of 20-30 waylaying, robbing, raping and killing people. Their lingua is "whither you"... Criminals are having a field day in Aba. No single day passes by without an incident of public armed robbery especially at Iheorji, Umunkama, Owerri-Aba, Ohanku, Ibadan street areas. Abia got it wrong again! The abandoned iron rods for gutter construction in Ibere street has claimed 3 lives so far. One person was impaled through the neck by the rods. My dad fell & broke his leg in it too. He could have been the fourth. He is still bedridden since the first week of December 2016. I had to relocate my parents.

Most of the policemen there are no different from touts. Moving about with machetes, trench clubs, iron pipes and all sorts of dangerous weapons harassing innocent citizens/motorists for bribes. The military have been compromised. They are now tools of oppression. Bribe them and they will beat down your enemy. Those fools camped in Ndoki Road Primary School (Ngwa Road, Aba) are worse. They have lost sight of their initial mission. Harassing girls selling wares. Bigotry is their mission statement. A little misunderstanding with a Northerner and you will get reported to the northern military boys in Aba. The northern military boys will not even ask what transpired. They will beat you and ask questions later. The people are stomaching it for now but if not checked, an uprisal is inevitable.

Ikpeazu fix Abia. I know you have the capacity to do it. Don't leave Abia to rot. I beg you in the name of whatever/whoever you hold sacred. Edakun! Biko o... Inula?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Launches The Alaigbo Development Fund by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
donigspain:
After my visit to Aba, Abia state during the yuletide, I can sadly say that we've made another terrible mistake in leadership! There is very little sign of good leadership in the state. Aba is an eyesore! Very dirty... Bad roads... severe hardship... God help us! The propaganda flagged-off roads have been abandoned after buildings have been demolished in Ibadan st, Ibere st, Agharandu st, etc. Ngwa road (New Market), Ohanku road and Obohia is a no go area. Street cultism is the order of the day. Teens moving in packs of 20-30 waylaying, robbing, raping and killing people. Their lingua is "whither you"... Criminals are having a field day in Aba. No single day passes by without an incident of public armed robbery especially at Iheorji, Umunkama, Owerri-Aba, Ohanku, Ibadan street areas. Abia got it wrong again! The abandoned iron rods for gutter construction in Ibere street has claimed 3 lives so far. One person was impaled through the neck by the rods. My dad fell & broke his leg in it too. He could have been the fourth. He is still bedridden since the first week of December 2016. I had to relocate my parents.

Most of the policemen there are no different from touts. Moving about with machetes, trench clubs, iron pipes and all sorts of dangerous weapons harassing innocent citizens/motorists for bribes. The military have been compromised. They are now tools of oppression. Bribe them and they will beat down your enemy. Those fools camped in Ndoki Road Primary School (Ngwa Road, Aba) are worse. They have lost sight of their initial mission. Harassing girls selling wares. Bigotry is their mission statement. A little misunderstanding with a Northerner and you will get reported to the northern military boys in Aba. The northern military boys will not even ask what transpired. They will beat you and ask questions later. The people are stomaching it for now but if not checked, an uprisal is inevitable.

Ikpeazu fix Abia. I know you have the capacity to do it. Don't leave Abia to rot. I beg you in the name of whatever/whoever you hold sacred. Edakun! Biko o... Inula?

*SMH* It's a pity...

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bomb Blast In Borno This Morning, 2 Dead / See How Deltans Gathered At The Airport To Welcome Ibori / Obiano Arrives The Scene Of Onitsha Fire Incident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.