Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report (35940 Views)

FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by Dee60: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
The reporter will soon be reported!

Since we expect the auditor to be audited!
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by Innodon(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Trying to cover their yansh
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by AnanseK(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
Buhari must be a saint. How did he allow this dubious man appointed by GEJ since 2011 to remain on this sensitive seat for so long ?

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by deltapikin(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
malton:
Religion has done a lot of damage to our psyche in Nigeria.

If our people were half as zealous over education, economic and political institutions as they are over religion, even China would dream of becoming like Nigeria.

These doom and gloom predictions about the trials and tribulations that humanity will face before the apocalypse isn't helping us one bit.

People often fail to plan for the future because they feel the end is near. Some accept their low status in society because they have been led to believe that poverty is their destiny, and that they will be rewarded with everlasting joy when the world is brought to a close.

For most, life has been about the ultimate plan; and as such, they have failed to take their destinies into their own hands.

I don't really see religion as a positive social influence that could promote growth.

We have had it for a long time now, and look where it has landed us.

The fight for supremacy is now rife. Some have embarked on a conquest just to gain dominance.

A good thing doesn't fight to gain acceptance. Only a bad one is forced.

Until the day that religion encourages us to be committed to ensuring that this life is the best that it can possibly be, since it is the only life that any of us have; it still remains the opium of the oppressed, like Karl Marx opined.

As for me, I don't see any wrong in charging an institution that does not provide people’s basic needs despite being built on people's sweats. They have schools but their members lack access to education. There's plenty enough money, yet they cannot push for childcare programs for members' wards.

They should be regulated...

You nailed it all. They should be regulated. The only fault of the FRC boss is disobeying order from above.

2 Likes

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by transient123(m): 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
Crass ineptitude from PMB, he rather prefer Nigerians to be shortchanged on the minbar (muslims's alter) or Christians alter through 419, than to protect the idiots (gullible ones) being fleece my men in turban or suits.

Obazee acted professionally. Whether he did enforce during GEJ is another issue for another day.

2 Likes

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by felixomor: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
malton:
Religion has done a lot of damage to our psyche in Nigeria.

If our people were half as zealous over education, economic and political institutions as they are over religion, even China would dream of becoming like Nigeria.

These doom and gloom predictions about the trials and tribulations that humanity will face before the apocalypse isn't helping us one bit.

People often fail to plan for the future because they feel the end is near. Some accept their low status in society because they have been led to believe that poverty is their destiny, and that they will be rewarded with everlasting joy when the world is brought to a close.

For most, life has been about the ultimate plan; and as such, they have failed to take their destinies into their own hands.

I don't really see religion as a positive social influence that could promote growth.

We have had it for a long time now, and look where it has landed us.

The fight for supremacy is now rife. Some have embarked on a conquest just to gain dominance.

A good thing doesn't fight to gain acceptance. Only a bad one is forced.

Until the day that religion encourages us to be committed to ensuring that this life is the best that it can possibly be, since it is the only life that any of us have; it still remains the opium of the oppressed, like Karl Marx opined.

As for me, I don't see any wrong in charging an institution that does not provide people’s basic needs despite being built on people's sweats. They have schools but their members lack access to education. There's plenty enough money, yet they cannot push for childcare programs for members' wards.

They should be regulated...

There are millions of religious people who are doing better than you.
I hope u know?

Besides, the likes of India and China u mentioned are also religious people. Yet they succeed, because they are better at leadership.

Your desire to turn religion to a punching bag for all, is the reason why we cant see that our problem is leadership, not religion.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by juman(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
This news a bit contradict some other news reported.

It was reported that the Minister instructed the FRC boss to suspend its implementation but the FRC boss asked the minister for paper directive, which the minister failed to give the FRC boss.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by enemyofprogress: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
cryNot surprised. Flat heads are always very stubborn. See him face

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by RZArecta(m): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
The directive should have been sent via a memo or gazzette as laid down in civil service procedures, you don't just give oral directives like you're in your house

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
agabusta:

The facts is already there for you, but you are still insisting on conspiracy theory.

The specific date of the minister's letter written to the FRC Boss to stay action was also stated, but as usual, you will stick to that which satisfy your conspiracy theory.

Well said.
Can they change? Can they see beyond their prejudice? There is a particular type of daft behaviour that political bigotry spawns. It obscures even the clearest of facts all in the name of scoring imaginary points.

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by Kingkamba(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Story for the gods. smileyStory for the gods.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by logica(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
IamPatriotic:
I don't like way the President sacked that man, it sends a wrong signal that there're sacred cows in the application of law in this country, they should have allowed the law to stay on and commend the CEO for having the gut to call the bluff of the god of men rather sacking him.
How do you expect him to win against the VP?
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by focus7: 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
I hope Fayose and the hate possessed slowpoke followers who are to throw sling and castigate Buhari government at any given opportunity can now borrow senses with this revelation.

Here are some facts behind the mischievous action of Jim Obazee as posted by someone:

Daddy G. O.'s tactical resignation or retirement: An unpleasant development

While I agree totally with the call for Christians to go into politics én mass, I would rather call for the church first of all to go into prayers. Haven't we seen sound Christians who went into politics and became compromised by the monstrous spirit of corruption and mammonry that has eaten dip into our political system and taken root in all the seats of power?

This ungodly law that is supposedly signed into law by the National Assembly did not start as a national issue but an expression of grief by one man who became aggrieved by his pastor and general overseer. This man is the current boss of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.

This said man was a pastor with the RCCG who became envious of the success and power wielded by the General Overseer, because, he himself is a power hungry man. He became head of the FRC after repeatedly backstabbing his boss to whom he was number two with repeated petitions to the higher authorities against his boss until he had his way.

He has never had anything good to say about his G. O. He had always spoken I'll of him to whoever cares to hear. While he was still a pastor under the RCCG, he bragged that he had not stepped his foot into the Redemption Camp in many years.

He had always complained that the G O has asked other pastors to step down after reaching 70 years and he himself has refused to do so. And had bragged on a few occasions that he would ensure the G O steps down.

Let me add that neither he the boss nor the parastatal he heads (FRCN) has the power to execute the law, but he did. Financial Reporting Council has its jurisdiction whose bounds this man has overstepped. Recently, the kangaroo Acts of the FRC he concocted alone to favour him and his draconian regime was repealed by the National Assembly or so it seems. His satanic high handedness style of governance has been a thing of concern in the parastatal.

He became so power drunk that he tried to insult the integrity of the G O four years ago when the G O asked that he comes to see him. Only then was his church file as a pastor reviewed and he got suspended from the church. He became all the more drunk with power when he got someone who introduced him to the then president. There, he found an opportunity to present this matter to the president and gave reasons why churches and mosques should start paying taxes. He convinced the president then by running down God's servants.

He was an easy tool then because he came very handy to be used against the then Central Bank governor which led to his suspension from office. This drew him closer to the president and tactically had the president's ear. It was at that point he made way to express his devilish desire against the church with his G O as main target.

When the church suspended him and the then president left office, he quickly joined himself to Latter Rain Church and got introduced to the pastor through a member of staff of the FRC who worships there. This he did subtly because of the closeness of the pastor to this present government so he can get introduced to the new Preside Buhari. That was done.

His staff in the office are groaning under his hard leadership and cannot speak out because he had held them bound with threats and fear. This man who today is an enemy of the church has been implicated in wizardry and witchcraft and belonging to the occult. He has some cases of abuse of office and immoral activities going on in court against him which he lost recently.

Today, he is laughing because it seems his agenda is playing out. He is boasting that it will spread to all the other long serving G.O.s This, he will achieve if the church does not arise to both pray and cease power first from the realm of the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by malton: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

There are millions of religious people who are doing better than you.
I hope u know?

Besides, the likes of India and China u mentioned are also religious people. Yet they succeed, because they are better at leadership.

Your desire to turn religion to a punching bag for all, is the reason why we cant see that our problem is leadership, not religion.

Sure, there may be billions even.

That's because religiosity promotes high income inequality. The high and mighty use religion as a means to keep the poor and downtrodden in line, create rosy expectations by painting a picture of hope, all while feeding fat on their resources and giving less accountability.

Religion leaves individuals less time, ability as well as the resources to think freely based on facts. It's a vicious circle of activities that saps energy out of anyone.

India and China are largely educated, the same cannot be said for largely Islamic countries where Western education isn't encouraged.

Even in Christianity, a lot of people who dedicate their lives to such activities often perform below their capacities. It often takes an extremely sharp individual to effectively combine religiosity with excellence in other social aspects that benefit the society.

I'm not saying religion is entirely bad, it's the intensity at which it is practiced that's bad.

2 Likes

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by ngolokante(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
agabusta:

The facts is already there for you, but you are still insisting on conspiracy theory.

The specific date of the minister's letter written to the FRC Boss to stay action was also stated, but as usual, you will stick to that which satisfy your conspiracy theory.

Typical wailer behaviour I tell you

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by felixomor: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
malton:

Sure, there may be billions even.

That's because religiosity promotes high income inequality. The high and mighty use religion as a means to keep the poor and downtrodden in line, create rosy expectations by painting a picture of hope, all while feeding fat on their resources and giving less accountability.

Religion leaves individuals less time, ability as well as the resources to think freely based on facts. It's a vicious circle of activities that saps energy out of anyone.

India and China are largely educated, the same cannot be said for largely Islamic countries where Western education isn't encouraged.

Even in Christianity, a lot of people who dedicate their lives to such activities often perform below their capacities. It often takes an extremely sharp individual to effectively combine religiosity with excellence in other social aspects that benefit the society.

I'm not saying religion is entirely bad, it's the intensity at which it is practiced that's bad.

Are u better than dubai?
Are u better than saudi arabia?
Are u better than Italy that Nigerians run to?

Your assumptions are also wrong that billions of religious people are rich because religion promotes income imbalance.
Thats a fat lie.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by agabusta: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
juman:
This news a bit contradict some other news reported.

It was reported that the Minister instructed the FRC boss to suspend its implementation but the FRC boss asked the minister for paper directive, which the minister failed to give the FRC boss.

It does not contradict. Infact, it complements it.

The FRC Boss asked for a gazzette for the suspension of the regulation. The Minister then wrote to the President seeking his approval for the suspension.

The president granted his approval which was sent by the Minister to the FRC Boss. By sending the approval of the president to him, the minister assumed that the FRC Boss will come to his senses and suspend the regulation. But the man still went ahead with it to the embarrassment of the minister.

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by wellmax(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
ckmayoca:
Used and dump to save 2019 election votes... lolzzz
How exactly was he used?
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by BushWickBill: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
agabusta:

For your information, the man was appointed into the position by GEJ, and has been there since 2011.

Given that it was this same Obazee that was used to illegally relieve Sanusi Lamido Sanusi of his duties, the man is not to be trusted. He may have ulterior motives.

SLS decided to do a whitsle blowing to the massive fraud being perpetrated by the NNPC during GEJ time, instead of the Financial Reporting Council to give him accolades, they decided to open one silly case which the then President found convenient to use in easing out the CBN Gov. who was a torn in their looting flesh.

Additional information for your consumption. Sanusi later floored the GEJ led Nigerian government and FRCN in court.

It just goes to show you how half-baked our Nigerian populace is.
They can't even read through and sift the contents of a publication before arriving at a conclusion.

Now that you have pointed out the irony of his statement, watch how he will come up with another uneducated conspiracy regarding the same position.

The same wailers who have been shouting Buhari is persecuting the church cannot even think to save their lives if the need arose.

It is these same half-baked nitwits that will attempt to lecture you on what is actually going on. These same half-brained people want to own an opinion no matter how loose, vacuous ,empty and irresponsible those opinions are.

I'm ashamed of the mindset of the average Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by malton: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

Are u better than dubai?
Are u better than saudi arabia?
Are u better than Italy that Nigerians run to?

Your assumptions are also wrong that billions of religious people are rich because religion promotes income imbalance.
Thats a fat lie.

Religion encourages income inequality. I still stand by that.

What do you even know about the Saudi Arabia you just mentioned?

The country is rich, yes, but the wealth does not trickle down to the vast majority of people. The gulf between the various socio-economic players is devastating. This in turn creates inequality.

Saudi Arabia is a rich country by a lot of yardsticks. Still, it's a terrible country. It denies citizens lots of basic rights, all in the name of religion. What good is your wealth when you cannot enjoy it fully?

You need to engage in some deep research.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by felixomor: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
malton:

Religion encourages income inequality. I still stand by that.

What do you even know about the Saudi Arabia you just mentioned?

The country is rich, yes, but the wealth does not trickle down to the vast majority of people. The gulf between the various socio-economic players is devastating. This in turn creates inequality.

Saudi Arabia is a rich country by a lot of yardsticks. Still, it's a terrible country. It denies citizens lots of basic rights, all in the name of religion. What good is your wealth when you cannot enjoy it fully?

You need to engage in some deep research.

U r not intelligent,
U know why?
U dont even know where I am writing from.
If pple like u go to KSa, u wont even want to go back to Nigeria.

U went ahead to even mention things u dont even know about KSA...i pity u.
Moreover, U even could not even say anything about the other religious places i mentioned.
Yet u r prescribing research.

U need it more, bro
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by Seunjungle(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
I perceives a kind of used and dumped game here...the result they expected isn't turn up.

Presidency thought was just to light tackle Papa Adeboye and other ministers of God hoping that Papa will find it difficult to step aside and by the time this turn to news..FG can now step in, in favor of Papa Adeboye to gain access to Christians through their interception into the matter. But God of Adeboye surpassed them.

I think federal govt agenda here is not working as expected

What can that sacked of Obazee result do to already done job

God of Adeboye is the wisest! From Nigeria GO to Worldwide GO! I pray may God grant Papa Adeboye much more anointing than ever before to carry on the work of God..amen!

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by seguno2: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
agabusta:

For your information, the man was appointed into the position by GEJ, and has been there since 2011.

Given that it was this same Obazee that was used to illegally relieve Sanusi Lamido Sanusi of his duties, the man is not to be trusted. He may have ulterior motives.

SLS decided to do a whitsle blowing to the massive fraud being perpetrated by the NNPC during GEJ time, instead of the Financial Reporting Council to give him accolades, they decided to open one silly case which the then President found convenient to use in easing out the CBN Gov. who was a torn in their looting flesh.

Additional information for your consumption. Sanusi later floored the GEJ led Nigerian government and FRCN in court.

Please provide links for this your story on how Sanusi floored the federal government in court.
What is known is that the Emir of Kano died at a convenient time, which allowed Sanusi enjoy illegal immunity.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by malton: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

U r not intelligent,
U know why?
U dont even know where I am writing from.
If pple like u go to KSa, u wont even want to go back to Nigeria.

U went ahead to even mention things u dont even know about KSA...i pity u.
Moreover, U even could not even say anything about the other religious places i mentioned.
Yet u r prescribing research.

U need it more, bro

Isn't it funny how you talk about intelligence but cannot argue your points out without resorting to insults?

It's even more shameful that you reside in a country you barely know anything about.

These are facts. But of course, blinded by religiosity, I do not expect you to see any of that.

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by felixomor: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
malton:

Isn't it funny how you talk about intelligence but cannot argue your points out without resorting to insults?

It's even more shameful that you reside in a country you barely know anything about.

These are facts. But of course, blinded by religiosity, I do not expect you to see any of that.

Facts u found out from your bedroom.
Continue....
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by juman(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
agabusta:

It does not contradict. Infact, it complements it.

The minister asked for a gazzette for the suspension of the regulation. The Minister then wrote to the President seeking his approval for the suspension.

The president granted his approval which was sent by the Minister to the FRC Boss. By sending the approval of the president to him, the minister assumed that the FRC Boss will come to his senses and suspend the regulation. But the man still went ahead with it to the embarrassment of the minister.

Mr. agbalagba, what you wrote looks like a big apc lies.

How come an ordinary FRC Boss flouted the direct instruction of the president of a country.
Its a fabricated lies made by apc.

What likely happened was the government sacrificed the FRC Boss to save its face.

2 Likes

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by hucienda: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
The public know the drill. He's ...

The fall guy.

1 Like

Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
A directive from a federal minister is as good as a directive from the president himself.

May be Mr. Obazee didn't realise that he had to start obeying orders from Buhari although he was appointed by GEJ.

This makes the case for new administration to review all appointees already on ground to ensure they are fully loyal and onboard.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by hotwax: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
But seriously, you can't poke your nose in Islamic matters and the whole country not burnt down.

Christians should join politics and stop this holier than thou attitude.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by agabusta: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
seguno2:

Please provide links for this your story on how Sanusi floored the federal government in court.
What is known is that the Emir of Kano died at a convenient time, which allowed Sanusi enjoy illegal immunity.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160582-update-sanusi-floored-nigerian-government-frcn-court.html

Illegal immunity? His sack in itself was an illegality, that was not supported by 2/3rds majority of the senate. I can imagine the noise that will happen today, if Buhari was to replicate same towards Emefiele.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
Our God is mighty.He alone is the impossible changer.
Re: How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report by seguno2: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
agabusta:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160582-update-sanusi-floored-nigerian-government-frcn-court.html

Thanks for sharing.
The government should have appealed such a poor judgment that effectively means Sanusi should not be held ACCOUNTABLE for his tenure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano Likely To Decamp To APC If He Wins & After Swearing In - Aye Dee / Ajibola Bashiru Is New Senate Spokesperson / Buhari Speaks With Fati Attahiru, Spouses Of Other Fallen Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.