Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus (4496 Views)

Fake Jesus, Michael Job Is Not Dead (photos) / Why Accuse Catholics Of Idolatory , When Non-catholics Are Doing This? / Christianity, Idolatory & Atheism Section Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
In Exodus Chapter 20 verse 4, God told the people of Israel never to represent him with any image or likeness nor bow to worship them. That particular section state that;
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

The same commandment was repeated in the book of Deuteronomy 5:8, warning that "Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth".

However, some Christians, including clerics have continued to violate the commandment by deifying images of Hollywood actors, hanging same in their houses, billboards, Church sign post, flyers and offices, and identifying them with Jesus Christ.

Below are FOUR famous actors that Christians have come to accept as their Lord and Saviour, and even bow to worship them.

1. Robert Powell
The movie "Jesus Of Nazareth" from 1977, garnered some success for Robert for his portrayal of Jesus in the movie. Production and cinematography of the movie also earned several awards. Robert also narrates the British release of the miniseries "The Bible."

However, Christians worldwide have taken up the pictures of the British Actor and comedian, idolising and praying to them in belief that they are praying to Jesus Christ. In fact, the actor once cried out that people should stop worshiping him and even appeal that they burn his picture.

“I never cease to say and I repeat it to the world since 1977. I am not Jesus Christ, I am just an actor and British comedian. I am tired of seeing my photos displayed in places of worship and other places for worship. I just make a film for a living. Burn my picture and worship the only God in truth ! I am just an actor… Jesus is Lord!”

Shared on Palmchat

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
2. BRIAN DEACON
Brian Deacon is an English actor. Although he appeared in films such as The Triple Echo and Vampyres, he is perhaps best known for portraying Jesus in the 1979 film Jesus, which was made by the evangelical organization the Jesus Film Project.

He is perhaps the most "worshiped" by the Christians among all three "Jesus". In 2015, the actor like Robert Powell, cried to Christians to stop worshiping his images because he is not their Jesus.

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
3. Jim Caviezel

“Jim is arguably one of the most famous portrayals of Jesus in acting history. He played Jesus in Mel Gibson’s ‘The Passion Of The Christ,’ which is the greatest selling Christian movie of all time. Jim won one award for his portrayal as Jesus, and several other nominations.” Though he is yet tp tell Christians to stop worshipping him, but he too may soon join his "Jesus" colleagues to beg.

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by MrPresident1: 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
Jesus is an ideology; Jesus is the codename for the living breathing ideology of God. There is nobody called Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God.

Jesus is the name of the ideology that powers the blackman, without the software called Jesus in the life of a blackman, he basically is a living dead entity, a zombie.

Jesus the Sun of God will rise again on the blackman, and dry bones will rise again. It is the infallible promise of THE MOST HIGH GOD.

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
4. Henry Ian Cusick
The Peruvian-born Hollywood actor joined the league of "Jesus" after starring as Jesus Christ in the 2003 film The Visual Bible: The Gospel of John. Though he has starred in several other films including LOST, some Christians would rather have him as their "Lord and personal Saviour".

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrPresident1:
Jesus is an ideology; Jesus is the codename for the living breathing ideology of God. There is nobody called Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God.

Jesus is the name of the ideology that powers the blackman, without the software called Jesus in the life of a blackman, he basically is a living dead entity, a zombie.

Jesus the Sun of God will rise again on the blackman, and dry bones will rise again. It is the infallible promise of THE MOST HIGH GOD.

What are you saying Sir? Are you a Christian?

3 Likes

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
ans i just bought a jesus picture angry
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
appy new year tonye
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
appy new year tonye
Happy new year to you my Lady
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by MrPresident1: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Jesus is an ideology.

Jesus=ideology of God
Christ=men anointed with the ideology of God
Jesus Christ=men anointed with the Word/Ideology of GOD.

The ideology of God is the Law of Moses. Whether we like it or not, we will all return to that Law, because that is the meaning of the coming of Jesus: the Law of God will be written in our hearts. And when he comes back, we will all be like him...

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

After those days, which days? The days of our tribulation. Our tribulations will end by 20th January 2017 by which time the kingdom of God would be fully established on earth

grin
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrPresident1:

Jesus is an ideology.

Jesus=ideology of God
Jesus Christ=men anointed with the Word of GOD.

The ideology of God is the Law of Moses. Whether we like it or not, we will all return to that Law, because that is the meaning of the coming of Jesus: the Law of God will be written in our hearts. And when he comes back, we will all be like him...

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

After those days, which days? The days of our tribulation. Our tribulations will end by 20th January 2017 by which time the kingdom of God would be fully established on earth
Lol, You don high hahahaha
grin
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by MrPresident1: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol, You don high hahahaha

This is the reaction I get all the time grin, but I speak only the truth. Pure undiluted truth wink

Matthew 13:54
54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by bennyann: 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
Heiii! TonyeBarcanista, good to see you on this section.

Who do you think commit that form of idolatry more? The blacks or the whites?

It shouldn't affect the whites much because the actors come from amongst them.

I think the blacks are more prone to such idolatry in the Op.

Your post would open the eyes of many who aren't aware already. Good one.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
I believe before the acted those movies, there were visual representations of he picture of our lord
Those actors only tried keying into it, moreover I don't believe people worship those pictures, the usually use it as an object of endearment in relation to who it represents.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
bennyann:
Heiii! TonyeBarcanista, good to see you on this section.

Who do you think commit that form of idolatry more? The blacks or the whites?

It shouldn't affect the whites much because the actors come from amongst them.

I think the blacks are more prone to such idolatry in the Op.

Your post would open the eyes of many who aren't aware already. Good one.
Hello Brother, thank you for the welcome... Happy New Year to you!

As per your question, I agree with you that Blacks are the most gullible, I just pray that Christians should realise that our Lord hates idolatry and he is a jealous God
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
I believe before the acted those movies, there were visual representations of he picture of our lord
Those actors only tried keying into it, moreover I don't believe people worship those pictures, the usually use it as an object of endearment in relation to who it represents.
And did your Bible approve of representing Jesus/God with any image or likeness?

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
And did your Bible approve of representing Jesus/God with any image or likeness?

Many things were not covered in the Bible.
Many people use visuals to remind them of things, people and events.

What we should be concerned about is leading a good life.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrPresident1:

Jesus is an ideology.

Jesus=ideology of God
Jesus Christ=men anointed with the Word of GOD.

grin

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Says the wisdom of who? undecided And how do you live a good life- by disobeying God
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

The Bible gave a command to Christians, and it ought to be obeyed irrespective of what people assume.

as per your last paragraph, are you a moralist or a Christian?
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

Says the wisdom of who? undecided And how do you live a good life- by disobeying God
Thank you brother
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
ans i just bought a jesus picture angry

Throw such a useless picture away!

Once I was in darkness, keeping one idol in the name of "Infant Jesus of Prague" (all thanks to that false church- mother of all idolatry). But when the glorious light of God shone on me, I smashed that statue in such a way that even the devil himself quaked!
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

TonyeBarcanista:
The Bible gave a command to Christians, and it ought to be obeyed irrespective of what people assume.

as per your last paragraph, are you a moralist or a Christian?

And what is the commandment given in the bible if I may ask, then corelate it with my post concerning this topic.

There are a lot of things the bible didn't talk about. We should not bother ourselves about inconsequential things, rather we should focus on john 10.10 .

I hope you didn't celebrate Xmas because the bible never talked about it.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by MrPresident1: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=Splinz post=52696347][/quote]

Wetin? grin

You did not understand the simple thing that I wrote? grin
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

And what is the commandment given in the bible if I may ask, then corelate it with my post concerning this topic.

There are a lot of things the bible didn't talk about. We should not bother ourselves about inconsequential things, rather we should focus on john 10.10 .

Lol you and I know that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, and Emperor Constantine of Rome decreed that upon advice of Catholic Bishops. That one is not even an argument.

On whether I celebrate it, NO SIR! I don't celebrate the birth of any Christ on December 25, but I celebrate a period and enjoy my rice.

Back to the subject, you can't hide behind "not all things were recorded" to disobey THE COMMANDMENT THAT IS RECORDED!

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Lol you and I know that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, and Emperor Constantine of Rome decreed that upon advice of Catholic Bishops. That one is not even an argument.

On whether I celebrate it, NO SIR! I don't celebrate the birth of any Christ on December 25, but I celebrate a period and enjoy my rice.

Back to the subject, you can't hide behind "not all things were recorded" to disobey THE COMMANDMENT THAT IS RECORDED!
And I ask again what is the commandment that is recorded and how does it corelate with my post in this topic.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Excuse me! Are you saying that the second commandment is inconsequential?

And who told you I'm a celebrant of your pagan Xmas? Again I ask you: On whose wisdom are you speaking these things?

So when we focus on John 10:10, all sins like idolatry are forgiven, abi
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

And who told you I'm a celebrant of your pagan Xmas? Again I ask you: On whose wisdom are you speaking these things?

And how does the second commandment corelate to my post.
A graven image is made for the purpose of worship, where did any of my initial post support that.
I have told you I believe in John 10.10, how does that show I believe in physical things.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

And I ask again what is the commandment that is recorded and how does it corelate with my post in this topic.
By using images to represent Jesus, you violate the Second Commandment and Exodus 20:4/Deut 5:8!

Will you agree to place a picture of an Old man in your wall to represent your grandfather even when such picture isn't your grandfather? If no, how much more Jesus Christ?
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Did you just hear that supposed Christian? According to him, all you need do is focus on John 10:10, and all other sins like adolatry shall remain inconsequential!

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By using images to represent Jesus, you violate the Second Commandment and Exodus 20:4/Deut 5:8!

Will you agree to place a picture of an Old man in your wall to represent your grandfather even when such picture isn't your grandfather? If no, how much more Jesus Christ?
Did the second commandment say image or graven image.
Before those films were acted did we have pictures of Jesus or not.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

It is funny that instead of saying "Happy Birthday Jesus" on December 25th, people instead say "Merry Christmas" and they still want us to join them to "celebrate" the birth of their own Christ...

Humans

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World Is Coming To An End / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring / I Want To Be The Anti-christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.