Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus (4497 Views)

Fake Jesus, Michael Job Is Not Dead (photos) / Why Accuse Catholics Of Idolatory , When Non-catholics Are Doing This? / Christianity, Idolatory & Atheism Section Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:13am On Jan 11, 2017
0079jaBond:

It is not a popularity contest bro. I believe the Word of God is the basis upon which we're drawing our points. So if that same Word says something, why try to change it rather subtly?

I perceive in my spirit that you haven't come to terms with the meaning of idolatory and its dangers as stated in the Bible. No one has a problem with the picture, same way we can't fault anyone for playing Jesus' role in movies. The book of Revelation and a few others in the Old Testament already describes the physical form of Jesus which we're to adore IN THE SPIRIT.

The only pitfall is seeing believers giving obeisance to those images rather than channeling our thoughts/desires to Him on our knees through the spirit.

Indeed, Jesus has no physical picture as of now but we shall be transformed and appear as He is when He returns. But would He find us faithful to Him in spirit or in images?

Indeed again, the eternal life-form in John 10:10 is not one that tries to find convenience in heretic and/or misguided interpretation of the infallible Word of God. Such kind of life are released unto those known as "SONS" who would rather ask, "Father, is there a Word from you?"

Finally, be reminded that the letters killeth but the Spirit gives life and quickens our mortal body unto reformation, hence mind regeneration takes place and we're made to abide by laid down principles. 2 Tim. 3:16

Humility...
Reflection...
Seeking...
#JesusAboveAll

Shalom
And at the end of the day, you still have not answered one question, where have I advocated for worship of image.

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 6:13am On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

That images are symbolical and don't conote worship.

As a Catholic, when you kneel down, bow and pray before the image of 'a' Joseph, Mary or Jesus, what do you called such an act
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:16am On Jan 11, 2017
Splinz:

As a Catholic, when you kneel down, bow and pray before the image of 'a' Joseph, Mary or Jesus, what do you called such an act
It is called Honour according to catholics.
Am a non denominational Christian.

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 7:16am On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

It is called Honour according to catholics.
Am a non denominational Christian.

Really... It is called "Honour"? So then, can we also say that a traditionalist doing all these things in his shrine is honouring his ancestors, and therefore, right and just?

Understand, you "sons of disobedience!" (Ephesians 2:2). 1 Timothy 1:17 says "To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible (God is not called "invisible" for nothing!), the only God, be HONOR and glory forever and ever. Amen". (Also see Revelation 4:11).

Hear! For God says, "I am the LORD: that is my name: and My glory will I not give to another, nor My praise to graven images" (Isaiah 42:cool. If you lots claims to be worshiping God, then you would hear His voice! For He said He is an "invisible God" that wouldn't share His glory (honor) with any dumb, blind and lame idol in the name of 'a' Mary or Jesus!

This is God's word, and His true disciples stands only on His word alone! (John 8:31).
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:25am On Jan 11, 2017
Splinz:

Really... It is called "Honour"? So then, can we also say that a traditionalist doing all these things in his shrine is honouring his ancestors, and therefore, right and just?

Understand, you "sons of disobedience!" (Ephesians 2:2). 1 Timothy 1:17 says "To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible (God is not called "invisible" for nothing!), the only God, be HONOR and glory forever and ever. Amen". (Also see Revelation 4:11).

Hear! For God says, "I am the LORD: that is my name: and My glory will I not give to another, nor My praise to graven images" (Isaiah 42:cool. If you lots claims to be worshiping God, then you would hear His voice! For He said He is an "invisible God" that wouldn't share His glory (honor) with any dumb, blind and lame idol in the name of 'a' Mary or Jesus!

This is God's word, and His true disciples stands only on His word alone! (John 8:31).

Tell that to the Catholics not me.
I have said am a non denominational Christian.
I believe God is a spirit and they that worship him worship him in the Spirit.
Stop trying to raise issues where their is none , am beginning to see you as a trouble maker.

I have no issues with people who feel like having a supposedly image of Christ in their house. If you do that's your cup of tea, don't drag me into any religious brouhaha , you have with any group of people.
I have always said I don't advocate for worship of images. If you have nothing better tod o stop mentioning me.

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Emycord: 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
The gates of hell shall not prevail
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Tell that to the Catholics not me.
I have said am a non denominational Christian.

What difference does it make whether you're a Catholic or not, seeing that you've made yourself their spokesman?

I believe God is a spirit and they that worship him worship him in the Spirit.

If you had truly believed God to be a Spirit and One that required spiritual worships, you wouldn't have stand for idolaters! It simply shows that you're opened to compromise because you have no standard!

Stop trying to raise issues where their is none , am beginning to see you as a trouble maker.

Oh yeah... I am a very big trouble maker. I'd so trouble your unscriptural teachings and leanings, whether openly supported or subtly, till my last dying breath. So help me God!

So, to avoid my troubles, do not try to justify your personal beliefs as equal or what God permits in His word. No way! I wouldn't pass it by bro...

I have no issues with people who feel like having a supposedly image of Christ in their house.

According to your wisdom, and nobody cares too! Just don't try to make it look as if God doesn't care about such practices because looking at His word, He abhorred them!

I have always said I don't advocate for worship of images. If you have nothing better tod o stop mentioning me

Of course, I'd stop mentioning you when you stop being an advocate of idols!

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
Splinz:
Proudlyngwa:

What difference does it make whether you're a Catholic or not, seeing that you've made yourself their spokesman?

If you had truly believed God to be a Spirit and One that required spiritual worships, you wouldn't have stand for idolaters! It simply shows that you're opened to compromise because you have no standard!

Oh yeah... I am a very big trouble maker. I'd so trouble your unscriptural teachings and leanings, whether openly supported or subtly, till my last dying breath. So help me God!

So, to avoid my troubles, do not try to justify your personal beliefs as equal or what God permits in His word. No way! I wouldn't pass it by bro...

According to your wisdom, and nobody cares too! Just don't try to make it look as if God doesn't care about such practices because looking at His word, He abhorred them!

Of course, I'd stop mentioning you when you stop being an advocate of idols!
You make no sense to me.
I said I don't subscribe to idolatry, so stop tagging me with it.
If you are not comfortable with the supposedly image of Jesus , your business ,as for me I am comfortable with it, and I don't think its your business.
Take your Bigotry and look for someone else to play with. I am not interested.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Splinz(m): 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

You make no sense to me.
I said I don't subscribe to idolatry, so stop tagging me with it.
If you are not comfortable with the supposedly image of Jesus , your business ,as for me I am comfortable with it, and I don't think its your business.
Take your Bigotry and look for someone else to play with. I am not interested.

You see! Be proud (after all, you're proud of Ngwa) of being an idolater! All this subtle and furtive moves of yours wouldn't change the fact that you're fully into idolatry, and I don't really care!

Just don't say God is a part of it by quoting Scriptures like Numbers 21:8 to support it. He abhorred your idolatry!
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by 0079jaBond(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

And at the end of the day, you still have not answered one question, where have I advocated for worship of image.

Like I said, it's glaring that you haven't come to terms with the meaning of idolatory or perhaps you're shying away from it.

Please, if you don't mind, could you define or explain what IDOLATORY means to you? I'm sorry for asking please.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
0079jaBond:

Like I said, it's glaring that you haven't come to terms with the meaning of idolatory or perhaps you're shying away from it.

Please, if you don't mind, could you define or explain what IDOLATORY means to you? I'm sorry for asking please.
Honestly I don't know what idolatry means, can you kindly define it, and then show where I have supported it.
I said and I maintain I am comfortable with people having supposed pictures of Jesus with them. What I don't support is people worshiping said images.
You people should stop being bigots, concentrate on winning souls with your character,
There were images of Our lord before those films came out, so kindly stop disturbing me as I feel you guys only like using words in the bible to suit yourselves.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by 0079jaBond(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Honestly I don't know what idolatry means, can you kindly define it, and then show where I have supported it.
I said and I maintain I am comfortable with people having supposed pictures of Jesus with them. What I don't support is people worshiping said images.
You people should stop being bigots, concentrate on winning souls with your character,
There were images of Our lord before those films came out, so kindly stop disturbing me as I feel you guys only like using words in the bible to suit yourselves.
Lol. There's this mentality of yours... I don't even know where to begin. I thought we were heading somewhere conclusive and reasonable.

#OneLove
#HumbleThyself
#Reflect
#NarrowWay
#SubmitAndSeek
#FaithfulAndJustGod

Shalom
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
0079jaBond:

Lol. There's this mentality of yours... I don't even know where to begin. I thought we were heading somewhere conclusive and reasonable.

#OneLove
#HumbleThyself
#Reflect
#NarrowWay
#SubmitAndSeek
#FaithfulAndJustGod

Shalom
Yeah I believe we are heading no where, because you have no idea of what we call sarcasm.
Just can't stop laughing at you.
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by 0079jaBond(m): 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Yeah I believe we are heading no where, because you have no idea of what we call sarcasm.
Just can't stop laughing at you.

I understood your comment clearly and truthfully, it made no sense to me. So long as you choose to dilly dally around sensitive spiritual issues, you would not make any sense to me nor to the Father. You could see I laughed it off.

Now, will you stop mentioning me? smiley

Shalom!
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:27am On Jan 12, 2017
0079jaBond:

I understood your comment clearly and truthfully, it made no sense to me. So long as you choose to dilly dally around sensitive spiritual issues, you would not make any sense to me nor to the Father. You could see I laughed it off.

Now, will you stop mentioning me? smiley

Shalom!
You started mentioning me first.
Like I say Bigotry does not pay.
I say and I maintain I see no harm in having a picture of Jesus with me or anyone. If you don't like it your business. Most things are symbolical in the spiritual world , that was why I quoted the issue of the serpent raised by moses for healing. Did I say people worshipped the serpent. Have I asked people to worship Jesus Image. Twisting peoples word will do you no favour neither will shouting shalom.

1 Like

Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by 0079jaBond(m): 7:24am On Jan 12, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

You started mentioning me first.
Like I say Bigotry does not pay.
I say and I maintain I see no harm in having a picture of Jesus with me or anyone. If you don't like it your business. Most things are symbolical in the spiritual world , that was why I quoted the issue of the serpent raised by moses for healing. Did I say people worshipped the serpent. Have I asked people to worship Jesus Image. Twisting peoples word will do you no favour neither will shouting shalom.

Oya you don win, come and collect award.
A round of applause and a standing ovation for *proudlyngwa*

Since anything could be used as a license or reference for pardoning our stubborn, unbiblical practices, and you call it bigotry if one demands for total obedience to God's words and standard, then I have nothing more to say to you bro.

You're most likely the kind of believers that label others as "holier than thou", still you would never learn.

Perhaps, since we had the ark of God as His symbolic presence in the old testament, maybe we should condone certain religious missions or ministries who have erected several arks in their places of worship; whereas the dimenson of spiritual realities at play now tells us we are His temples and He lives in us.

Funny enough, it's people like you that may say, "well Solomon had many wives and concubines, what's wrong if anyone chooses to do same?"

Once again, shalom!! Otherwise na bottle sure pass for you wink
Re: Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
0079jaBond:

Oya you don win, come and collect award.
A round of applause and a standing ovation for *proudlyngwa*

Since anything could be used as a license or reference for pardoning our stubborn, unbiblical practices, and you call it bigotry if one demands for total obedience to God's words and standard, then I have nothing more to say to you bro.

You're most likely the kind of believers that label others as "holier than thou", still you would never learn.

Perhaps, since we had the ark of God as His symbolic presence in the old testament, maybe we should condone certain religious missions or ministries who have erected several arks in their places of worship; whereas the dimenson of spiritual realities at play now tells us we are His temples and He lives in us.

Funny enough, it's people like you that may say, "well Solomon had many wives and concubines, what's wrong if anyone chooses to do same?"

Once again, shalom!! Otherwise na bottle sure pass for you wink
All in all, I don't accept worshiping anything outside our Heavenly Father via his Son, our Lord Jesus.
People look at the sky and marvel at the works of God, people listen to music and are moved in the spirit. For some people it might be a certain day in their life, The bible as I say is far deeper than what most of us know, and it certainly does not cover everything. If having what people call the picture of Jesus is idolatry to you people, even if they don't worship it, I have nothing to say because you have already made up your mind.
I referenced that as the serpent lifted up in the desert was symbolic so also this pictures are symbolic to certain people.
A lot of people will go through this discussions round the world Some will accept some will disagree, others will be swayed one way or the other .

I leave it to you to proove where since this topic started, i have asked people to worship pictures, and then also proove what is wrong in having pictures.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quotes Regarding Islam By Some Western Philosophers / What Is A Pastor Looking For In Hilda Baci's Room? / What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.