Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism (13692 Views)

Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance / From Nihilist To Pastor & Theologian: How Dr. Greg Boyd Lost Faith In Atheism / Exposing The Marine Kingdom, Water Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

give me examples of those things universally agreed on as "good"

Come on. Don't be dodgy. Are you saying that there is nothing universally agreed upon as good?

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

Giving to charity is universally viewed as good. Everywhere
okay, so is there any manmade law against that?
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by felixomor: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I just showed u what os universally good.
Ur intention was to show there was nothing as such.
All i did was to rebutt it
An there are many more of such

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
However, the atheist cannot account for laws of logic. He cannot make sense of them within his own worldview. How could there be immaterial, universal, invariant, abstract laws in a chance universe formed by a big bang? Why should there be an absolute standard of reasoning if everything is simply “molecules in motion”? Most atheists have a materialistic outlook—meaning they believe that everything that exists is material, or explained by material processes. But laws of logic are not material! You cannot pull a law of logic out of the refrigerator! If atheistic materialism is true, then there could be no laws of logic, since they are immaterial. Thus, logical reasoning would be impossible!
I am an atheist and I believe in the immaterial. I believe the immaterial is an extension or a product of the material. As Plato would call it, the pure atom. Consciousness for example is immaterial but stems from a physical brain. But how is that possible For the fact that we are a biological system, there would be a need to maintain homeostasis in the system. So special organs were designed by nature to help us do that. But another organ controls all these other organs (brain) which relates the information to us. And it does this through neuron actions. Of course we can't see the message but we know the mechanism it is transmitted.
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by Ermacc: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

He's outraged because violent murder goes against the laws of the land he's in; its a felony

therefore this post makes NO sense!!

so if the law of the land has absolutely no problem with murder, its okay by you?
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Who made it binding? Who said killing is bad?

If nothing is universally agreed upon as good, why will the belief of probably 10 million people make a relative absolute and binding? Can it not be seen that "killing is bad" is just the opinion of one random person, and which happens to coincidentally be the opinion of the next person? What authority has a group of persons to declare a moral absolute?

I seem to have lost you

"binding" laws doesn't have to be "absolute"

it seems you're confusing both

what's "binding" in Lagos might not be in Kano
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

I just showed u what os universally good. Ur intention was to show there was nothing as such. All i did was to rebutt it An there are many more of such
maybe you should follow the discussion from the beginning
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
How did the fittest arrive?

What secular laws are guiding our morality? The presence of a law necessitates a lawgiver. Who gave the secular laws?

Huh
Waw. I'm shocked. Really man
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ermacc:
so if the law of the land has absolutely no problem with murder, its okay by you?
if I rape your virgin sister who doesn't love me, pay your parents money and marry her, is it okay by you?
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:

In other words you say that life is meaningless.

GOD gave man freewill. As such, man can do whatever he wants. But he is not free from the consequences of his actions. Any action has a consequence.

Are you confused? How can you say we have no purpose and then say that evolution programmed purpose into us? What is the purpose of man from the evolution POV?
Jesus!!! Did u even read what I wrote? I said we choose our purpose. They are not integrated into us.
God gave man freewill yet he has a purpose for us You still don't see the inconsistencies right?

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Is giving to charity good?

If yes, who pronounced it absolutely good?

It cannot be a group of persons because each of them is just of the opinion that charity is good. That the opinions of 5 or 10 or 1 millon persons are coincidentally the same does not turn what could be a relative(giving charity) into a moral absolute.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by Ermacc: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
ValentineMary:

I am an atheist and I believe in the immaterial. I believe the immaterial is an extension or a product of the material. As Plato would call it, the pure atom. Consciousness for example is immaterial but stems from a physical brain. But how is that possible For the fact that we are a biological system, there would be a need to maintain homeostasis in the system. So special organs were designed by nature to help us do that. But another organ controls all these other organs (brain) which relates the information to us. And it does this through neuron actions. Of course we can't see the message but we know the mechanism it is transmitted.
there's no point arguing with an atheist who is certain we are a product of evolution, atleast some others give the smart reply "i dont know' when they realise evolution is a scam. Its amazing how you feel nature is the architect behind the complicated orderliness of the universe. I'm sure nature in its mighty wisdom gave us conscience too.
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by felixomor: 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

maybe you should follow the discussion from the beginning

I followed it.

A sincere atheist does not indulge in morality arguments because it negates their arguments hands down.

All laws that exist today in all nations are copies of religious text in one way or the other.
Arguments from liberals and people over time is what has even made it to make them look subjective.
Morality is not an atheist discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
ValentineMary,

I'm not impressed that you're throwing non-sequitors and red herrings all over the place. Address the content of the OP. This is not a thread about evolution. Address the inconsistencies pointed out.

Or just pass.
You put up arguments without knowing the basis and where it would eventually lead to. Hmm
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by Ermacc: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

if I rape your virgin sister who doesn't love me, pay your parents money and marry her, is it okay by you?
I didnt tell you i'm absolutely compliant with the laws. But it will be okay with you since you are.
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ermacc:
there's no point arguing with an atheist who is certain we are a product of evolution, atleast some others give the smart reply "i dont know' when they realise evolution is a scam. Its amazing how you feel nature is the architect behind the complicated orderliness of the universe. I'm sure nature in its mighty wisdom gave us conscience too.
Waw. Evolution is a scam right Good. Pls explain drug resistance in organisms or gene modifications in virus without using evolution. Thanks
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Is giving to charity good?

If yes, who pronounced it absolutely good?

It cannot be a group of persons because each of them is just of the opinion that charity is good. That the opinions of 5 or 10 or 1 millon persons are coincidentally the same does not turn what could be a relative(giving charity) into a moral absolute.

I'm afraid I don't know where you're getting at here
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ermacc:
I didnt tell you i'm absolutely compliant with the laws. But it will be okay with you since you are.

how can you not be? so what do you base your morals on?
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
ValentineMary:
Did u even read what I wrote? I said we choose our purpose. They are not integrated into us.
Life, then, is utimately purposeless. We are on earth for no reason. That's what you mean. Life is meaningless. We only struggle to give it meaning. Nice and healthy view.

God gave man freewill yet he has a purpose for us You still don't see the inconsistencies right?
I can have a purpose for my son: to make him a medical doctor. But then he can choose to be a lawyer. You now see what freewill is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
ValentineMary, please don't derail this thread by bringing in talks about evolution. Please, refute the OP or go to another thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

I followed it.

A sincere atheist does not indulge in morality arguments because it negates their arguments hands down.

All laws that exist today in all nations are copies of religious text in one way or the other.
Arguments from liberals and people over time is what has even made it to make them look subjective.
Morality is not an atheist discussion.

I disagree that all laws are based on copies of religious texts, what religious text is Chinese law based upon? what of Germany? what religious law is Nigeria morals based upon
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Life, then, is utimately purposeless. We are on earth for no reason. That's what you mean. Life is meaningless. We only struggle to give it meaning. Nice and healthy view.
The truth is bitter right? Yes life is meaningless. But it is the purpose we as conscious animals attach to life that makes it beautiful.

I can have a purpose for my son: to make him a medical doctor. But then he can choose to be a lawyer. You now see what freewill is?
Yes u can. But do u know the future No. Does ur said God know the future? Yes. So if God knows that his purpose would fall through, yet he goes ahead to give someone a purpose which he knows would eventually fail. I don't know how u still don't see the inconsistencies here man.
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
ValentineMary, please don't derail this thread by bringing in talks about evolution. Please, refute the OP or go to another thread.

Thank you.
This would inevitably lead to evolution. Once u say stuffs like material and immaterial.
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by felixomor: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I disagree that all laws are based on copies of religious texts, what religious text is Chinese law based upon? what of Germany? what religious law is Nigeria morals based upon

Do a little research,
Nigerian Constitution was copied from british
Of course british was gotten from Christian/Judaism laws and likewise other european nations, also likewise america......etc

The list goes on...
Good and evil stems from religion

Overtime, arguments from liberals is what has even made some little changes...
Atheism has no business with good and evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
ValentineMary:
Yes u can. But do u know the future No. Does ur said God know the future? Yes. So if God knows that his purpose would fall through, yet he goes ahead to give someone a purpose which he knows would eventually fail. I don't know how u still don't see the inconsistencies here man. [/i]

How can GOD tamper with what you want to do just because He knows the future? That GOD knows that mr. A would end up in hell: does it mean GOD is the reason why mr. A will enter hell? especially when GOD made available chances for mr. A to avoid hell, and that people go to hell based on what they do?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

Do a little research,
Of course british was gotten from Christian/Judaism laws and likewise other european nations, also likewise america......etc

The list goes on...

I asked for the Chinese too for a reason

atheism has no business with "absolute morality", know the difference
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by dalaman: 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

Do a little research,

The list goes on...

Which part of the US Constitution was gotten from Christian /Judaism? Did you just make this one up as usual?

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by felixomor: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I asked for the Chinese too for a reason

atheism has no business with "absolute morality", know the difference

But wait, are u aware china and other asian likes has produced some of the worst atheist mass murderers in human history?
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

But wait, are u aware china and other asian likes has produced some of the worst atheist mass murderers in human history?

I asked a simple question

don't throw red herrings
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
No "atheist" has been able to give us the reason why rape or murder is bad absolutely. Could it be that they are not really moral subjectivists as they claim?

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
No "atheist" has been able to give us the reason why rape or murder is bad absolutely. Could it be that they are not really moral subjectivists as they claim?

define murder
Re: Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism by felixomor: 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I asked a simple question

don't throw red herrings

We r discussing good and evil
And u r using a country that a will defeat your morality argument...
Or have u forgotten the defense u people put up when a thread was opened on atheist mass murderers?

By the way, chinese religions which are mainly 3 contributed to the laws..
What next?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of Old Things Are Passed Away Behold All Things Are New? / Chidi Okoroafor, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent New Year Wishes / Zambian Prophet Prays For Ladies' Soap To Entice Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.