Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General (16590 Views)

Nnia Nwodo's House After Bomb Explosion (Photos) / Enugu Police Confirm Explosion At Nnia Nwodo's House (Photo) / John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by pentlumpro(f): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
cstr44:

I am talking to igbo people.
Others like afonjas may have reasons for suppporting buhari which may very well be rational.
I want an igbo man or woman to tell me why he/she would be pro-buhari.
No sensible igbo can be pro boko hari
Only people that reason through their anus support boko hari

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by pentlumpro(f): 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
John nwodo is an outspoken igbo son
He says things the way they are not the way you want it to be
I hope he dosent start reasoning through his anus by supporting boko hari like some igbo bas.tards like roachas ngige

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by emmalexabl(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Delegates also came from Rivers and Delta states...

AFONJAs oya come and cry your eyes out!!

9 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Orikinla1: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
A useless title for Igbo leaders without balls.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-xaNGX0MsvQo/WHUWjoBPyMI/AAAAAAAAAsM/2J5-YfttHCIavimXG2LLWFiWNV9JkEjQgCLcB/s640/image-9%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

It was dramatic on Tuesday as former information minister, Chief Nnia Nwodo emerged the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide.

Other contestants for the position included a law Professor, Simon Ortuanya, ‎Former Vice Chancelllor, Prof. Chiweyite Ejike and Chief Joel Ifeanyi Ezugwu.

However, before voting commenced, Ezugwu and Ortuanya announced their decision to step down for Nwodo, describing him as a man of wisdom and competence, well qualified for the position.

Following the development, Nwodo was left with only Chiweyite, a pioneer Vice Chancellor of then Anambra State University of Science and Technology, ASUTECH, to contend with.

At the end of the election held at the Ohanaeze Secretariat in Enugu, he emerged victorious with a wide margin, having polled 242 votes, while
Prof. Chiweyite trailed far behind with 13 votes. There were 6 voided votes.

The seven Igbo speaking states, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta and Rivers, as well as other affiliate groups, including pro-Biafra groups, the MASSOB, and the IPOB participated in the election with specified number of delegates.

In his pre-election speech, Nwodo had assured of his readiness to entrench transparency and accountability in running the Ohanaeze affairs.

He had declared that as a two-time former minister, he never he had never been summoned by any commission of inquiry to account for any missing fund, adding that his wife equally lived above board while she served as a Justice of the Appeal Court.

“I will not use this position to make money; if I am asked to die for you, I will do so”, he vowed.
Nwodo equally pledged to hold a meeting with the IPOB and other pro-Biafra groups, stressing that “if we allow them to be killed on daily basis, their blood will be on our head.”

Earlier, the stage for the election was set after Chief Ejiofor Onyia, Ohanaeze Vice President General had supported a motion moved by Chief Chris Asoluka for the dissolution of the Enwo Gari-Igariweh National Executive Council.

It was gathered that former minister, Alison Madueke, who earlier purchased form for the position of President-General did not present himself for screening. It was learnt that he stepped down following pressures from some quarters.

Some of the Igbo leaders present at the election included Former Senate President, Ken Nnamadi, Chief Emmanuel‎ Iwuanyanwu, former Governor Chief Okwesilieze Nwodo, traditional rulers, among others.

The Chairman of the Electoral Committee, Prof. Anya O. Anya had in his speech charged the new executive to restore Ndigbo to the path of growth.

“We must learn lessons; we must keep our plan among ourselves; we must learn to talk less; to keep others wondering what must be in our mind”, he declared.

NairaNaijaNews.com reports that out of the 17 positions, 13 were returned un-opposed.

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/breaking-former-information-minister.html

Paying 500k to lead a "village" association. This is why they become political tools

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by giles14(m): 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-xaNGX0MsvQo/WHUWjoBPyMI/AAAAAAAAAsM/2J5-YfttHCIavimXG2LLWFiWNV9JkEjQgCLcB/s640/image-9%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

The seven Igbo speaking states, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta and Rivers, as well as other affiliate groups, including pro-Biafra groups, the MASSOB, and the IPOB participated in the election with specified number of delegates.

“I will not use this position to make money; if I am asked to die for you, I will do so”, he vowed.
Nwodo equally pledged to hold a meeting with the IPOB and other pro-Biafra groups, stressing that “if we allow them to be killed on daily basis, their blood will be on our head.”

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/breaking-former-information-minister.html
so delta n rivers states are among Igbo speaking states. hmmmmmm

even IPOB and MASSOB participated. later so afonjas will come and start blabbing that true igbos don't support them.

heeheehe some people will not like this

5 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by mangood74: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
the secretary general position went to rivers state

3 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by hmuhammad(m): 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
cstr44:

Give me one good reason why any igbo man or woman with sense would be pro-buhari.
I don't have any problem with anybody being pro-apc, afterall poliics is all about interests, and APC may promote igbo interests in the years to come that would drive igbo people to the party.
But an igbo man being pro-buhari undecided That is head-scratching. I simply don't see any rational reason why or maybe you can tell me.
if all Igbos hate Buhari, then all northerners and yorubas hate igbos. Infact Igbos hate themselves
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by BiafranPrince: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
hmuhammad:
if all Igbos hate Buhari, then all northerners and yorubas hate igbos. Infact Igbos hate themselves

So childish.

5 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by melejo(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
darfay:
I ran out of bleeps yesterday so unfortunately I have no fvck to give
Staleeee

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by melejo(m): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
kITATITA:
I hope Chief Nwodo will give the Igbo youth credible leadership and direction. It is a mockery of Igbo identity that some Igbo now recognize Dasuki as their leader, Fayose and Wike as their role models and FFK as their spokesman.
How is that your business? Joblessness

2 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by BudeYahooCom: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
If Nnia Nwodo wants to be succesful he should come to terms that the Igbos he'll be leading are becoming averse to sycophants. The easiest way to lose credibility to the average Igbo youth is to try preaching to them how "one nigeria' is the best thing after Ofe oha.

It is better to close your mouth than to open it and try to sell expired products like murderous Buhari to the east as an Ohaneze leader. Ask your predecesors how far.

7 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by caleboxylic: 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Finally, ohaneze don wake up. John Nwodo. Junior is the man. Hmmmmm. Pls, nnia don't fall our hands.

1 Like

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by seeyouin2019: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
CriticMaestro:
if he is the president, then who the hell is nnamdi kanu

Nnamdi Kanu is the terrific looking creature you see in your nightmares and the pestilence that despoils your existence at noonday.

5 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by mangood74: 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
why u de terrify the guy naw
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Ugosample(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
If Nnia Nwodo wants to be succesful he should come to terms that the Igbos he'll be leading are becoming averse to sycophants. The easiest way to lose credibility to the average Igbo youth is to try preaching to them how "one nigeria' is the best thing after Ofe oha.

It is better to close your mouth than to open it and try to sell expired products like murderous Buhari to the east as an Ohaneze leader. Ask your predecesors how far.

So what should he be doing?
Preaching biafra abi
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by BudeYahooCom: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ugosample:

So what should he be doing?
Preaching biafra abi

Is anything wrong with that? Why should the East denounce Biafra because you hateful yorubas are uncomfortable with it.

Why should what I call myself be a problem to one scratched-faced conquered idiot in kwara? Why?

7 Likes

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Ugosample(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Is anything wrong with that? Why should the East denounce Biafra because you hateful yorubas are uncomfortable with it.

Why should what I call myself be a problem to one scratched-faced conquered idiot in kwara? Why?

Oga I am not Yoruba I am Igbo.....
And I am not hateful.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Xway:
In as much as this news concerns Igbo....

I don't recognise anything called ohanaeze ™™!!!

Their ohanaeze is for their pocket and for their families.

Rubbish ohanaeze,we don't need this at the moment.
Then what do you need? Whether we like it or not we still need them as elders; just like the saying goes that what an elder sees while sitting, the young ones won't see even when climbing on poles.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by slysteel: 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seunpaul01:

See this fake man o...

Who u dey deceive? U never die for your family u won die for ur fellow brothers wey no love themselves.
If you know him very well,you wouldn't have made this comment,he is a gentleman to the core,a 2 time minister who has a very clean record and hails from a reputable political dynasty that started from his dad,you nairaland kids of nowadays should go learn history even though its not thought in your schools but try teach yourself some good history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by hmuhammad(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
BiafranPrince:

So childish.
get a life, Bigot!!!
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by PDJT: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
He better key into what most of us want.

Yes, most of us want Biafra.

Doubt me? Then conduct a referendum.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by akigbemaru: 4:54am On Jan 11, 2017
Igbo leader
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by NaWetinDey(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2017
CriticMaestro:
if he is the president, then who the hell is nnamdi kanu

Nnamdi Kanu is a nobody except that he's a spoilt brat who got frustrated in uk and then, because he had no job, was allowed to be handling most of the radio broadcast. Then he usurped it and made himself into a god that souls destined for hell worshipped...until he was caught and they began to see his emptiness. This made them frustrated.

So kanu's ipob was involved in the election, I thought they swore never to have anything to do with those they called ohanaeze ndi ohi, ohanaeze ndi area?

Children who curse their elders will never grow to become elders.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by biafran1stson(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2017
Congratulations sir, we in IPOB look forth to welcoming you in our family and hope that you will bring yourself to appreciate what we are doing.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by stsinner: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

chisos!!! Nwokem, i nwere obi onumu.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by dokiOloye(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
cstr44:

Give me one good reason why any igbo man or woman with sense would be pro-buhari.
I don't have any problem with anybody being pro-apc, afterall poliics is all about interests, and APC may promote igbo interests in the years to come that would drive igbo people to the party.
But an igbo man being pro-buhari undecided That is head-scratching. I simply don't see any rational reason why or maybe you can tell me.
Exactly.
I am Igbo,I have sympathy for APC as per my state level.
But I dislike Buhari and especially his policies with passion.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by dokiOloye(m): 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
kITATITA:

I am pro-Buhari. I am not Pro-APC or Pro-PDP and ain't nothing wrong with me. Tell me why I shouldn't be pro-Buhari and suggest who I should be aligned with and give reasons
U didn't answer d big question?
ARE U IGBO?
Cos ofcos,even if Buhari is leading Nigeria to a pit as he is doing,all d islamists or most of them will support him,blindly.
Re: Nnia Nwodo Emerges Ohanaeze President-General by Yujin(m): 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
Seunpaul01:

See this fake man o...

Who u dey deceive? U never die for your family u won die for ur fellow brothers wey no love themselves.
This is exactly what I've been talking about. The President General of a pan-Igbo organisation was talking to an Igbo group and his message was directly about his desire to be selfless for the Igbo cause but a hate filled non-Igbo couldn't just resist it and had to spew hatred towards us. Just imagine the calibre of people we share the same country with. Tufiakwa!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Ganduje's Election As Kano Governor / Reno Omokri: Obidients Are More Suited For Terrorism Than Politics / No Harm Should Befall Kukah – CAN Warns Islamic Groups, Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.