Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land (33359 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Stops Nigerian Customs Vehicle Duty Ultimatum / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by safarigirl(f): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
jinxet2000:
For one single act, he has become the best. When they buy jeeps everywhere under recession nko? in suffering of the people. Because people like Adeola keeping it real and me shouted at them and they know it will affect their purchase too, they had to lift the ban.

one single act ke? No be this same senate stop the data hike the useless FG in conjunction with service providers wanted to impose on us last year? undecided

Or have you forgotten because you're still using data at affordable rates?

Not saying they are no thieves, but they have stopped some people unfriendly policies

4 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by favick: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
Kondomatic:
He's the reason Buhari hasn't placed Nigeria on olx.
.............guy u no welk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by Sankabson(m): 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
Buhari is nothing but a Bad luck to Nigeria and Nigerians.. He should just resign...

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by kondoAlata: 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
Kondomatic:
I concur 100%

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
grin The leadership under Senator Saraki remains the best in the history of this nation cheesy

I luagh at you guys if you think this will work, Will they also stop FG from collect 70% duty on the vehicle?

You guys think you are dealing with a clueless president like GEJ, Even before now PMB has increase duty fee i just dey laugh at how you guy will run here when Custom start seizing cars that did not pay 70% duty...

I based in Cotonou and i know what am saying..

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
Buhari get brain before? Even his zombies are even far less sensible.

There is a lot more sensibility in sh11t wrapped in nylon than in the cummulative brain mass of APC and muslim zombies here on NL. grin

LOL you that have brain, If them born you well enter Cotonou buy cars and take them into Nigeria without paying 70% duty fee and let's see how Saraki will safe you...

hahahahah

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
atirolu:
Smuggling where is thy face
War btw custom and smugglers I command u wakeup

You get brain, Custom go kill all those smugglers like chicken.
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Quick question plix. How exactly is the Senate empowered to stop the ban? Lol, these news headlines are funny. Quite funny to be exact. It's like the government deciding to ban maybe bath salts through the DEA by using an outdated law Or something and the Senate trying to stop it. Please enlighten me

My brother i wonder oooo, Some kids on Nairaland have been jibilating forgeting that Senate those have power over the issue..

PMB don give order make we they see.. I based in Cotonou and i know what am saying..

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
AZeD1:
I don't think the Senate can stop the ban, its not like Customs is under the National Assembly. The best they can do is offer advice.

God bless, Just leave those kids wey dey jump up and down... it will soon clear for their eyes.
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
vehicles are very expensive nw, imagine common jetta mk3 going for 850k.
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2017
DWJOBScom:
Finally

Thank God o as it was going to be terrible....

Thank God that power doesn't reside in the pocket of one man

LOL i laugh at your ignorance, Who tell you Senate have power over custom?

Go Cotonou go buy motor and let's see if you won't regret it..

I based in Cotonou so i know what am saying.
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ghost447:
Saraki is a compassionate leader, while Buhari is a heartless leader.

LOL So buhari who is trying to booster our economy by patronizing local manufacturer is a heartless leader?

Mind you Senate does not have any power over Custom..
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
sinola:

my brother,no wonder they have been fighting this man all these while.Infact,as far a i am concerned,He is the best Senate president we've had.
He will never allow GMB to put us in OLX....Long live Senator Bukola Saraki and Cohorts.

LOL you guys will never cease to amaze me, Firstly most of those useless are into car business and they smuggle cars from cotonou..

Second Senate have no power over custom..

You will see when they debink the News..

I trust my Buhari he will not even mind them yeye noise..

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lawalemi:
Maybe these ones would salvage the nation from current woes

How is buying somthing from neighboring country salvage our economy?

Tell me one thing we are benefiting from buying cars from Cotonou? Nothing as we are just boosting their economy and dwindling ours..

2 Likes

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
HAH:
They should also allow imports of rice, flour, oil etc through the land borders before hunger finish Nigerians

When are we going to be dependent on ourself?

We keep importing and boosting other country Economy.

I base in cotonou and i know the effect the ban has caused to their economy, They are crying daily.

How we use to rent between 80k cfa have drop to around 50K cos nobodt wan rent am..
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by Ghost447(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL So buhari who is trying to booster our economy by patronizing local manufacturer is a heartless leader?

Mind you Senate does not have any power over Custom..
I know the rules. At least I can see his intentions and that of Buhari, accordingly I have expressed my opinion and everyone must not concur. Stop lying to yourself about manufacturing cars in Nigeria. How many of them?
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by maxzzo1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Was it not d same thing gov Fayose pleaded...
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
jinxet2000:
For one single act, he has become the best. When they buy jeeps everywhere under recession nko? in suffering of the people. Because people like Adeola keeping it real and me shouted at them and they know it will affect their purchase too, they had to lift the ban.

No mind them bro, I guess they are trying to buy another set of jeeps and trying to ship them through cotonou to avoid the 70% duty. I trust Buhari..
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by HAH: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
APCmyheart:

When are we going to be dependent on ourself?

We keep importing and boosting other country Economy.

I base in cotonou and i know the effect the ban has caused to their economy, They are crying daily.

How we use to rent between 80k cfa have drop to around 50K cos nobodt wan rent am..
my brother we need depend on ourselves as you said but the government should also ensure availability of food at stable price not they way is very unstable and largely unaffordable , I know the policy of closed borders will encourage a lot of people like myself to go for agriculture but my grievience is banning import through border and allowing through sea, there should be total ban both land and sea and everyone should eat local rice cos if importation is allowed in any form some people will only eat foreign rice even if it is 100k a bag.

How much I CFA now?
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
HAH:
my brother we need depend on ourselves as you said but the government should also ensure availability of food at stable price not they way is very unstable and largely unaffordable , I know the policy of closed borders will encourage a lot of people like myself to go for agriculture but my grievience is banning import through border and allowing through sea, there should be total ban both land and sea and everyone should eat local rice cos if importation is allowed in any form some people will only eat foreign rice even if it is 100k a bag.

How much I CFA now?

Bro we have to go through so many challenges to get to right, I think GEJ have been trying to make Nigerians started the agriculture of a thing but because so many are benefiting from the import nd GEJ is not strong enough ti impose it..

Buhari take the bull by the horn and ban the importation completely and that makes our people go into Farming..

During yelutide period, i believe about 80% of Nigerians eat local rice and other foods and if we can support the Govt we will surely get there..

The ban on land borders is the best cos there's no way to smuggle rice through seaport but it's easy through land borders..

CFA is around 760 now
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ghost447:
I know the rules. At least I can see his intentions and that of Buhari, accordingly I have expressed my opinion and everyone must not concur. Stop lying to yourself about manufacturing cars in Nigeria. How many of them?

We don't have many of them because we don't patronize them, But if the ban take full scale you will them running back to Nigeria..

Due to our population, They will always want to come down and start business..
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by HAH: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
APCmyheart:

Bro we have to go through so many challenges to get to right, I think GEJ have been trying to make Nigerians started the agriculture of a thing but because so many are benefiting from the import nd GEJ is not strong enough ti impose it..

Buhari take the bull by the horn and ban the importation completely and that makes our people go into Farming..

During yelutide period, i believe about 80% of Nigerians eat local rice and other foods and if we can support the Govt we will surely get there..

The ban on land borders is the best cos there's no way to smuggle rice through seaport but it's easy through land borders..

CFA is around 760 now

760 wow, the last time I was in cotonou it was 330, naira don dey finish o.

Please what is your opinion on the ban importation of cars through land borders
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by musicwriter(m): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
grin The leadership under Senator Saraki remains the best in the history of this nation cheesy

I tell you!!. It's a pity Nigerians have no idea what Saraki represents for the masses of this country. Without Saraki it would've been all rubber stamp senate, a full blown civilian dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by tammie24: 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
Kondomatic:
as in ehn....

Really God work in mysterious ways!

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by tammie24: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
hands down!!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
HAH:

760 wow, the last time I was in cotonou it was 330, naira don dey finish o.

Please what is your opinion on the ban importation of cars through land borders

Bro very good move, We have 6 seaports in Nigeria, we have lands all over Nigeria what happen if we start allowing those Lebanese to start bringing cars to Nigeria too..

We need to keep boosting our economy to proof ourself are giant of Africa..

The ban is a very good move as buying cars from Cotonou did not contribute anything meaningful to our economy..
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by HAH: 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
APCmyheart:

Bro very good move, We have 6 seaports in Nigeria, we have lands all over Nigeria what happen if we start allowing those Lebanese to start bringing cars to Nigeria too..

We need to keep boosting our economy to proof ourself are giant of Africa..

The ban is a very good move as buying cars from Cotonou did not contribute anything meaningful to our economy..
You are right bro, when you said you reside in cotonou I thought you an importer but from your responses if you an importer then you are very patriotic Welldone
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
AZeD1:
I don't think the Senate can stop the ban, its not like Customs is under the National Assembly. The best they can do is offer advice.

I concur with your assertion's as stated above, the legislative arm does not have such constitutional powers.
If they had such powers, Nigeria will not have been in recession by now because they would have reversed all of buhari's negative policies that led Nigeria into recession
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by APCmyheart(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
HAH:
You are right bro, when you said you reside in cotonou I thought you an importer but from your responses if you an importer then you are very patriotic Welldone

I am an importer,I have my stand where i sell motors in Auto deal For ritis Beside Zone Viva,,,

But i always wanna see my country grow..
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 12, 2017
Chai! So this people close border and allow me buy my Toyota Corolla Sport for 2.2m! Now they wan open border back. Wickedness in highest order! embarassed
Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by edupedia: 3:44am On Jan 12, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Quick question plix. How exactly is the Senate empowered to stop the ban? Lol, these news headlines are funny. Quite funny to be exact. It's like the government deciding to ban maybe bath salts through the DEA by using an outdated law Or something and the Senate trying to stop it. Please enlighten me

...abeg no mind dem...THE SENATE HAS NO POWER TO STOP THE EXECUTIVE on the matter under consideration...those saying rubbish here are IPOBIANS as usual...they have thrown their education and certificates into the BIA-FRAUD SEA!...

1 Like

Re: Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land by Eclassic: 6:37am On Jan 12, 2017
When the executive arm of govt is misbehaving, the legislative arm has to save the country and it's citizens. Tnks 2 Saraki.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Ragnar, Aiden And Liam: Femi Fani-Kayode Triplets (Photos) / The Moment Obaseki Ordered Funke Osibodu, BEDC MD Out Of His Office / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.