Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza (2068 Views)

Best Analysis Of Nigeria's Problem By Dasparrow / PHC: HOW THE IKWERRE PEOPLE OF RIVERS LOST PORT HARCOURT TO THE OKRIKA PEOPLE / Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Fremancipation: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
This response from Pazienza to Ikwerres in denial deserves its own thread

"They were busy adding "R" to their towns to make it less Igbo, when the most logical thing to do was to hire Bini language lecturers and teachers to teach them their long lost Bini language that they dumped for the current Igbo one they speak, and rename everything in Bini Language.

They tell you they speak Igbo because Igbo colonized them, you ask them when did Igbo colonize them, they tell you in the Eastern region.
You remind them that they were already speaking Igbo before the colonials came to Nigeria. They get angry with you and start cursing you.
Then you ask them, why didn't the smaller groups like Ogbia, Ogoni, Andoni, Eleme, etc in the East lose their language to Igbo language in the Eastern region.
They tell you that it's because Ikwerres intermarried and traded with Ndiigbo, you remind them that Ndiigbo also intermarried and traded with all ethnic groups in the defunct Eastern region.

They get furious and start calling you land grabber, oil thieves, etc. And you wonder the link between your question and their replies.

But you forge ahead and ask them, why can't they drop Igbo names and language they currently speak and use and replace it with the old Bini one, they claimed their Bini ancestors spoke.
They get livid, and curse you, and when the cursing subsides, they tell you that their language is not Igbo, that it's Ikwerre, that it's similar to Igbo, but that it's not Igbo. They also tell you that Portuguese, Spanish and Italian languages are related, but that they are not the same, and that the people don't claim each other.

Then you remind them that Portuguese, Spanish and Italian languages are products of Roman colonialization of those places, they all originated from Latin, the language of the Roman conquerors. And you remind them that Igbos were never empire builders and never imposed lgbo language on non Igbo speaking groups in the past.

They get mad and curse you more. They remind you that their lands produce oil, and yours doesn't. They tell you how Igbos tried to take PH and Ikwerreland away from them.
You start wondering the link between their reply and your questions.

But you still want to probe them more.
So, you ask them, that if Ikwerre people migrated from Bini, and were not colonized by Igbos as had been established in previous argument, how then can Ikwerres claim that the current language they speak, is not Igbo language, when we know that Bini people don't speak Igbo language, and no iota of Bini words exists in the current Igbo language dialect Ikwerre speaks.
They get apoplectic, and promise to rain fire and brimstone on Biafra, and tell you that Igbos are wicked land grabbers, hell bent on re writing Ikwerre history.

In the end, you realize that you can never have a logical and rational discussion with an Ikwerre man suffering from identity crisis, and that any time spent arguing with him, is a time wasted"- Pazienza

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
We are all adults alright. I respect the fact i once ate banga soup and starch with you, I don't want to be rude, but I'am grown up now and i know now that eguisi soup is best for me. I just want you to respect me that way. Don't force banga soup on me again.

1 Like

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
OP wan kill me with laugh. I think the writer is indirectly referring to Afonjas who claim to be from SS...most of the Ikwerre responses he gave mirrored those that Afonjas use routinely on Nairaland. Lol

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Fremancipation: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:
We are all adults alright. I respect the fact i once ate banga soup and starch with you, I don't want to be rude, but I'am grown up now and i know now that eguisi soup is best for me. I just want you to respect me that way. Don't force banga soup on me again.

Igbos are fine with Ikwerre people establishing their own identity and charting their own destiny separate from Igbos. That is absolutely fine.

The PROBLEM comes when they actively start distorting history and making up their own facts such as Phantom colonialism from a non-existent Igbo empire and Bini origin etc.

They didn't have to start making up lies. They could have just move on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fremancipation:

Igbos are fine with Ikwerre people establishing their own identity and charting their own destiny separate from Igbos. That is absolutely fine.

The PROBLEM comes when they actively start distorting history and making up their own facts such as Phantom colonialism from a non-existent Igbo empire and Bini origin etc.

They didn't have to start making up lies. They could have just move on.
I don't wana argue with you on your history stuff, i know nothing about Ikwere, all i know is that Ikwereans aren't IBO alone. So if you wana claim ownership over something, make sure it's entirely urs to avoid problems

1 Like

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
That reply is so on point.

3 Likes

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Fremancipation: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:
I don't wana argue with you on your history stuff, i know nothing about Ikwere, all i know is that Ikwereans aren't IBO alone. So if you wana claim ownership over something, make sure it's entirely urs to avoid problems

You are now officially a troll. Mind your business. Let ndi ikwerre speak for themselves. Who made you their spokesman?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:

On what premise do you draw conclusion that the Ikwerre are infact non-Igbo?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2017
iSlayer2:

On what premise do you draw conclusion that the Ikwerre are infact non-Igbo?
just read my previous quote, i don't think you understand that.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fremancipation:

You are now officially a troll. Mind your business. Let ndi ikwerre speak for themselves. Who made you their spokesman?
lol. Why are you mad! Come on chill, i got no issue with whatever you are tryna prove. I just contributed the fair share of what i know. Relax bro.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Fremancipation: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:
lol. Why are you mad! Come on chill, i got no issue with whatever you are tryna prove. I just contributed the fair share of what i know. Relax bro.

I am not mad. Not even close. You made a bold statement that ikwerre people are not Igbo but at the same time say that you don't know much about Ikwerre. Isn't that contradictory?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fremancipation:

I am not mad. Not even close. You made a bold statement that ikwerre people are not Igbo but at the same time say that you don't know much about Ikwerre. Isn't that contradictory?
its just figurative. Just try to picture my point. I am not contradicting anything.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:

You surely fit into pazienza's description.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by MyGeneration(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
All these trash u guys go around the internet fermenting is not necessary.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
ikennaf1:

You surely fit into pazienza's description.
lol. I work there now.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:
just read my previous quote, i don't think you understand that.

Alright. I'll rephrase. On what premise did you conclude that the Ikwerre are not "IBO alone"? How did you come about this conclusion if you confessed of your own volition that you infact know nothing about Ikwerre?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
iSlayer2:

Alright. I'll rephrase. On what premise did you conclude that the Ikwerre are not "IBO alone"? How did you come about this conclusion if you confessed of your own volition that you infact know nothing about Ikwerre?
what i am trying to say is that, i know a lot about the Ikweareans. Perhaps from reading history books, but i don't wana talk about it, especially with u.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by mightyhazell: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:
what i am trying to say is that, i know a lot about the Ikweareans. Perhaps from reading history books, but i don't wana talk about it, especially with u.
grin

Pazienza must have had u in mind like sb said here,wen he made dat post!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by adonis89(m): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
Should Biafra or Niger delta republic materialize, ikwerre should better join their igbo brothers. I prefer to share Biafra with all igbo speaking group Dan share Niger delta republic with ikwerre ppl. Ikwerre stop running away from ur brothers igbo. U can't b answering emeka and ur saying it not igbo
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Chiefobdk1: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:

You know nothing about Ikwere but you kno dat Ikwere is not Igbo alone..

How confused can one be

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Chiefobdk1: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:

Afriifa:

Typical afonja. Neither here nor there

6 Likes

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by ScotsReferendum: 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fremancipation:
This response from Pazienza to Ikwerres in denial deserves its own thread

"They were busy adding "R" to their towns to make it less Igbo, when the most logical thing to do was to hire Bini language lecturers and teachers to teach them their long lost Bini language that they dumped for the current Igbo one they speak, and rename everything in Bini Language.

They tell you they speak Igbo because Igbo colonized them, you ask them when did Igbo colonize them, they tell you in the Eastern region.
You remind them that they were already speaking Igbo before the colonials came to Nigeria. They get angry with you and start cursing you.
Then you ask them, why didn't the smaller groups like Ogbia, Ogoni, Andoni, Eleme, etc in the East lose their language to Igbo language in the Eastern region.
They tell you that it's because Ikwerres intermarried and traded with Ndiigbo, you remind them that Ndiigbo also intermarried and traded with all ethnic groups in the defunct Eastern region.

They get furious and start calling you land grabber, oil thieves, etc. And you wonder the link between your question and their replies.

But you forge ahead and ask them, why can't they drop Igbo names and language they currently speak and use and replace it with the old Bini one, they claimed their Bini ancestors spoke.
They get livid, and curse you, and when the cursing subsides, they tell you that their language is not Igbo, that it's Ikwerre, that it's similar to Igbo, but that it's not Igbo. They also tell you that Portuguese, Spanish and Italian languages are related, but that they are not the same, and that the people don't claim each other.

Then you remind them that Portuguese, Spanish and Italian languages are products of Roman colonialization of those places, they all originated from Latin, the language of the Roman conquerors. And you remind them that Igbos were never empire builders and never imposed lgbo language on non Igbo speaking groups in the past.

They get mad and curse you more. They remind you that their lands produce oil, and yours doesn't. They tell you how Igbos tried to take PH and Ikwerreland away from them.
You start wondering the link between their reply and your questions.

But you still want to probe them more.
So, you ask them, that if Ikwerre people migrated from Bini, and were not colonized by Igbos as had been established in previous argument, how then can Ikwerres claim that the current language they speak, is not Igbo language, when we know that Bini people don't speak Igbo language, and no iota of Bini words exists in the current Igbo language dialect Ikwerre speaks.
They get apoplectic, and promise to rain fire and brimstone on Biafra, and tell you that Igbos are wicked land grabbers, hell bent on re writing Ikwerre history.

In the end, you realize that you can never have a logical and rational discussion with an Ikwerre man suffering from identity crisis, and that any time spent arguing with him, is a time wasted"- Pazienza

The funny thing is, when you tell an Ogba or Ikwerre man to relocate to Bini or to start speaking Bini, they become irritated, annoyed, frustrated and finally ashamed to look at your face.

5 Likes

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by ScotsReferendum: 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:

Afonja, tell them to speak Bini and not Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by ScotsReferendum: 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
adonis89:
Should Biafra or Niger delta republic materialize, ikwerre should better join their igbo brothers. I prefer to share Biafra with all igbo speaking group Dan share Niger delta republic with ikwerre ppl. Ikwerre stop running away from ur brothers igbo. U can't b answering emeka and ur saying it not igbo

They say they are Binis. Tell them to start speaking Bini

1 Like

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
Afriifa:
*Smh* You're pitiable.

1 Like

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
They have started again. If it's not land grabbing, it's Ikwerre. All these Ibo people we have here why can't you guys allow this forum to rest without a day of your tribal thread on nairaland?
You can't force someone to be what he's not.
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Fremancipation: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ekinematics:
They have started again. If it's not land grabbing, it's Ikwerre. All these Ibo people we have here why can't you guys allow this forum to rest without a day of your tribal thread on nairaland?
You can't force someone to be what he's not.

lol...So this the best sensationalist comment you can come up with after reading through everyone's comment... You have already failed in your agenda and willful ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
Someone is answering Peter UCHENNA Philips(ma coursemate) and is from Ikwerre....

Pls does that sound like Bini name...

the guy will boldly say he is igbo when asked.....

The other ethnic group wont let them be...especially the Yorubasgrin grin grin

But wen it comes to crime case e.g smuggling drugs grin grin ; As far as there is an igbo name or word in the person's names, they wont care about the person's state of origin...

they will be shouting

Igbos, ibos , Igbos etc

Dont worry continue...
Theris God ogrin grin grin

Can u c me

6 Likes

Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by babyfaceafrica: 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Are you guys not tired of Ikwerre this or Ukwuani that.....leave everyone to his opinion!!!!...too much talk sef!!
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2017
iSlayer2:

*Smh* You're pitiable.
ur understanding though. Now u can pitch ur tent elswhere
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Afonja, tell them to speak Bini and not Igbo
is that all?
Re: Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza by Afriifa(m): 7:59am On Jan 12, 2017
Chiefobdk1:

Typical afonja. Neither here nor there
is that all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

72% Of Nigerians Disapprove Of President Muhammad Buhari’s Performance / IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra / Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.