Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun (1237 Views)

Bakare Tongue Lashes Buhari For Attending Kano's Wedding / Okoi Obono-Obla Suspended As Chairman Panel On The Recovery Of Public Property / FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by OLADD: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
Rivers state governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has berated the Nigerian Police Special Joint Investigation Panel on the Rivers rerun legislative elections. The governor stated that the committee was established by the Inspector-General of Police with the aim of assisting the All Progressives Congress(APC) at the election tribunal. He made the pronouncement while receiving the committee members at the Government House, Port Harcourt earlier today, January 11.He told the committee that his government has since challenged the setting up of the panel in court, with the chairman of the panel, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Damian Okoro as one of the defendants.

He also notified them that the people of the state will not participate in the activities of the panel since the matter was already in court. The governor said:"I must tell you with all honesty that my people and I will not participate in the sitting of this panel. We have challenged the setting up of this panel in court."Let there be a judicial pronouncement on this matter. It will enrich our jurisprudence. This panel has not shown us that it will not be biased."All these activities are orchestrated so that APC will use the materials therefrom at the Tribunal ."Even you as the chairman of the panel cannot say from your conscience that you are not biased."The governor berated the Police High Command cover-up of the video evidence that showed the invasion of Rivers East Senatorial District Collation by an officer, Akin Fakorede and his SARS personnel.

He also wondered why the police has refused to make public how DSP Alkali was killed, simply because the person indicted was a commissioner under the minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi. His words:"The same Akin Fakorede who was caught on video after he invaded the Rivers East Senatorial is the one who is arranging witnesses for the panel set up by the Inspector-General of Police. "Nobody is investigating the case of Rivers APC printing fake result sheets which the police is trying to sweep under the carpet "He continued:"We believe that the Panel has already taken a decision. We are convinced that the essence of the panel is to witch-hunt our people and we have evidence to show. We cannot because of one man's interest, destroy the state."Already, you have dismissed policemen attached to me without even hearing from me. This is the same panel that claims it is investigating the conduct of all policemen during the rerun legislative elections."

Earlier, Chairman of the Nigerian Police Special Joint Investigation Panel on Rivers Rerun, Mr Damian Okoro said that the panel was in the state to interface with the governor on what transpired before, during and after the rerun elections. He added that the panel will also examine the role of security personnel during the rerun legislative elections.

https://www.naij.com/1082081-wike-tongue-lashes-igp-panel-rivers-rerun.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7667354496

1 Like

Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by Ten12(m): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
"Even you as the chairman of the panel cannot say from your conscience that you are not biased." them still get leg waka commot for that government house after dis face2face with reality?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by OLADD: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ten12:
"Even you as the chairman of the panel cannot say from your conscience that you are not biased." them still get leg waka commot for that government house after dis face2face with reality?

Now that's real TKO. Wike is a bad man.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
I love Wike's guts any day. This present government keeps trying to force APC, a weak party on rivers people with a commando style operations and expect d people to play dummy. Election one-one-one in rivers state, Apc can't win a ward. Amaechi n co are d problems of Apc in rivers state. Remove Amaechi, and Apc will hv a new face n logo. But for now, bring all d armies of Nigeria, Wike will floor them. You can only rig where yu are popular.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by TheFreeOne: 11:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
The same Akin Fakorede who was caught on video after he invaded the Rivers East Senatorial is the one who is arranging witnesses for the panel set up by the Inspector-General of Police

"Already, you have dismissed policemen attached to me without even hearing from me. This is the same panel that claims it is investigating the conduct of all policemen during the rerun legislative elections."

Yeye kangaroo panel.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by haske7(f): 2:33am On Jan 12, 2017
The same way u set up omereji panel and all those other shekpe panel wey u dey set up since.... yeye dey smell.... wike u never see chum chin..o dis one na wanbolombolo....... abeg how Samuel and ogboni? D beating dem give dem for Dec 11 don clear from their eye Iranuuuuuuuuujuj
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by azimibraun: 3:06am On Jan 12, 2017
Quantity is what Nigerians want not Quality, But a wise Man will know it's momentarily. Wike and Fayose talk a lot and are often carried away by the comments from drama loving empty barrels in the socio-media. But we all know how it works; when all the plenty talks boomerang on you, drama lovers and quantity lovers will be ghost and it will be you alone. Emptiness is all that comes from these two.
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:33am On Jan 12, 2017
For Nigeria, na who rig pass dey win. Both APC and PDP are equally grounded in the art of rigging.

Any activity that gives you an unfair advantage during an election is rigging.

Some rig with guns, some with cudgels, some with money and some with pure intimidation.

I laugh when I hear one party ( especially the big ones) accuse each other of election manipulation. Na their job.

They are always thinking of how to circumvent the system.
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by shammah1(m): 6:00am On Jan 12, 2017
He might be right. Only time will reveal
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by Splashme: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2017
Buhari is a disgrace to Nigeria
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by OLADD: 7:17am On Jan 12, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Yeye kangaroo panel.

It's a repeat of 1983/84 malady. May God not allow these powermongers to truncate this democracy.
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by OLADD: 7:24am On Jan 12, 2017
kopite:
I love Wike's guts any day. This present government keeps trying to force APC, a weak party on rivers people with a commando style operations and expect d people to play dummy. Election one-one-one in rivers state, Apc can't win a ward. Amaechi n co are d problems of Apc in rivers state. Remove Amaechi, and Apc will hv a new face n logo. But for now, bring all d armies of Nigeria, Wike will floor them. You can only rig where yu are popular.

Even Buhari knows APC is not popular in Rivers but typical of a tyrannical govt, they would always want to try their luck but met a concrete wall in Wike.
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by ukenke: 8:24am On Jan 12, 2017
Key question is, was that Wike's voice?
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by OLADD: 9:24am On Jan 12, 2017
ukenke:
Key question is, was that Wike's voice?

It's the responsibility of the police to unravel whether it's his voice or not. Let them do their discrete investigation with less noise.
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by Adagba01: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2017
It's dawn on Wike that, the REAL battle had just began. His futile efforts to continue to steal the peoples' of Rivers state mandate is yielding unfruitful results. By the time the Nigerian security apparatchiks finished with him, he won't believe himself.
Re: Wike Tongue-lashes IGP Panel On Rivers Rerun by PatriotTemidayo: 9:51am On Jan 12, 2017
A real man address issues, others carry rumours......wike spoke to their faces, I expect an intelligent defence. But we all know they wouldn't give any.......
They are all same set of political vultures, seeking to lick the flesh off our skeletons.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Third-most Powerful Man Denies Plot To Take Over The Presidency / If You Give Undue Prominence To The Igbo – Ozekhome / Pres. Buhari Remains In London For Extra 4 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.