Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,277 members, 7,826,079 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212436 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 15, 2017
osayuwamwen:
More

Nice one bro, kudos to you
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2017
Buhari pikin spoted

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by spacemullah: 1:31am On Dec 16, 2017
@MPSA

Look at this sales boy oh.

Oloshi!! Now you have spoilt the thread, you have rest.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
NYC.... Dog walkers and dog owner! ...in these parts...to walk a dog for an hour is like $30 ....and that's cheap! ...just like seeing how trained these dogs are...then imagine trying to walk our local dogs...left to walk 6 dogs...return with 4 dogs 6 leashes and tips of 2 dog tails!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
NYC....subway train moving from underground to above ground.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
^^^ I've always wondered how dogs allow strangers to walk them without attempting to bite them. This ish can't work in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
NYC...In da Hood ..was a shooting weeks ago...guess drug related.... Police set up an observation unit.... all illegal activities shut down.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
NYC...Snow removal...it snowed..but snowed lightly.... usually a few men will do the snow removal. ...nut never seen this one....a Bobcat sweeper...few jobs off the market!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
NYC....one of the coolest bars Uptown!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Afam4eva:
^^^ I've always wondered how dogs allow strangers to walk them without attempting to bite them. This ish can't work in Nigeria.

I was frightened of dogs until my family got one several years ago after begging my dad to let us have one...(although our dog was termed a "toy" dog because he weighed only up to 10 pounds through adulthood). He was a Pomeranian and was the most loyal dog! We had him from 7 weeks old until he died 15 years later.
What I am finding out is that most large dogs (the ones 50 pounds and over) are really "gentle giants".
A trained dog is an incredible blessing...but you never can tell when they would go into "beast mode." because they are, after all, animals.
I absolutely love dogs.....

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC.... Dog walkers and dog owner! ...in these parts...to walk a dog for an hour is like $30 ....and that's cheap! ...just like seeing how trained these dogs are...then imagine trying to walk our local dogs...left to walk 6 dogs...return with 4 dogs 6 leashes and tips of 2 dog tails!

Love that! All a dog needs is some tender loving care....water and food...and they are forever loyal to you smiley
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
NYC....Queens...Grand Central Parkway....Pedestrian Overpass. ..veryyyy busy roadway...not many pedestrians need to cross over. Signs upon signs...traffic upon traffic.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
NYC...RFK (Triborough Bridge).....short cut to Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Toll Bridge...no stopping to pay. .cameras either read EZ Pass Sticker or read vehicle plate number and charges mailed to registered owner.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
NYC.....well into my Dominican lunch!...this cross section shows the foundation is of rice... then there is pounded plantains called Mangú (their breakfast staple)....sprawled on that is 'coconut fish'.... bass fish cooked in coconut milk or whatever...not sure..but what I'm damn sure about is it is soooo deeeelicious...finger licking!...then on top the heap is a few slices of fried plantains and some red beans. Beans is like a must with Dominican food...whatever is ordered...like must be served with red beans or black beans!
The Menu...bring out the calculator!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
NYC..... Dec 21...official start of WInter... shortest day of the year... sun rises and sets farthest south then from today moves north until June 21 before heading back south. Will try to show this movement by taking pics like every month....same time..same location.
Brilliant sunshine...no heat.....just above freezing tempersture!
09:45 /10:45 a.m

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
NYC...1:15 pm/3:10pm

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
NYC....4:10 pm......sun setting over New Jersey skyline.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by missdebs(f): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
I hardly follow threads to the end, but you got my attention op......bravo!! �
Re: On Vacation: New York City by MPSA(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC.....well into my Dominican lunch!...this cross section shows the foundation is of rice... then there is pounded plantains called Mangú (their breakfast staple)....sprawled on that is 'coconut fish'.... bass fish cooked in coconut milk or whatever...not sure..but what I'm damn sure about is it is soooo deeeelicious...finger licking!...then on top the heap is a few slices of fried plantains and some red beans. Beans is like a must with Dominican food...whatever is ordered...like must be served with red beans or black beans!
The Menu...bring out the calculator!
Nice American food, I also like food OP, Don't forget me next time when you go to that restaurant, Hmm, nice food grin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:13am On Dec 27, 2017
NYC....Canarsie, Brooklyn.....some people live for Christmas!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2017
NYC...Canarsie, Brooklyn....Santa's Workshop.... when it comes to display.... this is the mother of them all. A tourist attraction.....courtesy of Frank Seddia and family! House..lights off...house and garage lights on! Is a whole lot going on...lots of moving parts!...need video to grab full effect.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 27, 2017
cry cry

Amelika my wife cry
Re: On Vacation: New York City by arsenal10: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
Originalsly:

Like Lagos... New York City (NYC) is a city in New York State. The city has 5 Boroughs...Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island. Manhattan is an Island, Staten Island an island and Brooklyn and Queens are part of another island. Bronx is on mainland America.

On vacation.... I do have a lot of support and get around a lot! I'll be mainly sharing pics and giving little backgrounds. I hope you find them interesting and informative. Enjoy...as them come drip drop drip drop! Patience is a virtue!
hello group, is anyone here that can shed light on applying for conference program at USA
[/quote][quote]
Re: On Vacation: New York City by nwoke37: 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Have they started the South African thread yet?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
NYC...Pollution? ...not really...just a literally freezing cold day. ..these chimneys usually show very little signs of puffing anything. ...but because of the hot air entering the cold air...everything exposed...even when we breathe out...it shows.
Chimney at sewerage treatment plant.
Chimneys at electricity power plant
Fire hydrant.... leaking stream of water frozen in mid air.
My favourite grape juice left overnight in truck......frozen.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2018
NYC...been freezing non stop for the past week... and getting worse...guess it's normal compared to some other States, Canada and some countries in Europe..but here..it's damn coldd. My fingers will not be coming out of gloves to be snapping pictures upandan!
This is one of a Mexican food delivery guy...nice guy!... The red bag is a heat/cold proof bag ..if not..the tea/coffee whatever will arrive cold!... the bike...electric...he good to be riding in snow period!...motor bikes are currently banned due to road conditions. The clear plastics.... to shield his hands from the wind when riding...if not... they will quickly get numb and kinda freeze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by SkinnyNigga: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...been freezing non stop for the past week... and getting worse...guess it's normal compared to some other States, Canada and some countries in Europe..but here..it's damn coldd. My fingers will not be coming out of gloves to be snapping pictures upandan!
This is one of a Mexican food delivery guy...nice guy!... The red bag is a heat/cold proof bag ..if not..the tea/coffee whatever will arrive cold!... the bike...electric...he good to be riding in snow period!...motor bikes are currently banned due to road conditions. The clear plastics.... to shield his hands from the wind when riding...if not... they will quickly get numb and kinda freeze.
The man should retire please. He is too old for this hustle..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by HUSTLEOFMAN: 8:53am On Jan 06, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
The man should retire please. He is too old for this hustle..

What of Buhari your president.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by SkinnyNigga: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2018
HUSTLEOFMAN:

What of Buhari your president.
Buhari doesn't hustle under snow.. But he's an e-diot though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
I love the kind of winter. My favorite weather

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.