Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211875 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
NYC.... these guys and killer headlines!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
NYC...Brooklyn. Higher levels overpass!...this one connected ting buildings in former Jehovah Witnesses Eastern HQ Complex.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2018
NYC... NY College of Technology, Brooklyn. Almost completed building in complex.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2018
NYC.... Brooklyn Bridge/Manhattan Bridge.... both link Manhattan to Brooklyn. This little cafe is footsteps away from getting on to/off the Brooklyn Bridge.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2018
NYC.... always be driving across...so decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge...found a parking spot close by. ..then realised if I walked over to Manhattan...about 1800 m....I'll have to walk back... by then I'll be hungry and will have to enter one chance the diner. It was less expensive to take taxi $6.50 to cross the bridge then walk back.
Dropped off in Manhattan...3 storey building...that's City Hall.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by suyamasta(m): 11:52am On Apr 02, 2018
Beautiful and inspiring
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
NYC....Brooklyn Bridge. Getting on the bridge.....middle passage for cyclists and pedestrians....pedestrians on the right. ..cyclists on left half. Cars only on dual carriageway..... 3 lanes each...the walkway is between the two and gently rises above towards the middle of the bridge. Photo...Brooklyn bound traffic...Manhattan background.....view across one of the avenues...and view of Brooklyn bound traffic with Brooklyn in background.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
NYC...higher up the bridge...looking out towards the sea.. jungLe of dense high rises...Financial District/Wall Street area...... View into World Trade centre area...a higher jungle in the making.... view up river...Manhattan Bridge and my favourite building...finally stopped growing. Plaque at Bridge gallery...Centre part of Bridge.... how the cables were strung....no cranes nor power construction machinery in the 1800's...in fact...motor cars weren't even around. Today, more than 105 000 cars cross this bridge...daily. Reminds me of.....Where there is a will there is a way ....and.....necessity is the mother of invention.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
NYC...Manhattan......out to NY Harbour/Statue of Liberty.... Brooklyn...down the path to Brooklyn...almost all these people ...tourists....on Good Friday!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by suyamasta(m): 10:39am On Apr 04, 2018
If i pay tax for this country i no go vex, u can see your money working, Naija abeg we need to wake up na human being like us create this society

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2018
NYC...Manhattan at night..Times Square/Theatre District... the heart of the city...after midnight.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2018
NYC...Times Square. Street performers. Comic hero's be around too...bmSuperman, Spiderman etc...but they got restricted to a side street ...they be fighting each other too often.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
NYC...aftermath of the fire at the movie location. Fire investigators demolished the building, first spreading the debris on the street, sifting thru it before scooping it up and dumping it in the trays to be hauled away. Still sifting thru...down to the basement now.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by jenny2007(f): 7:43am On Apr 09, 2018
Good work updating us. Keep it up
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:49am On Apr 27, 2018
NYC....end of April...Spring....and trees are yet to grow green leaves.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
NYC.....cold morning...warm afternoon...this is evening...minutes to 8.... low storm clouds gathering over lower Manhattan ...blocking out light from the setting sun....look like paintings.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
NYC.....Verrrry late Spring weather. ...trees should've long been loaded with leaves. ...still in Winter mode..leafless...but with two relatively warm days... and hot ones to come in a few days.... they will be rushing to be fully clothed by next weekend. Will update.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
NYC....I'm tired of the cold...I'm going back home....ehmmm....or is it I just arrived?

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2018
O.P the problem is that you don't post often, you rather keep Franknetter's thread alive thereby leaving yours behind.

I have been following your thread and I do refresh this page at intervals to get updates and photos about a City I will be migrating to in future.

Please erhmmm, summer is almost here. Mind if I ask that you help me post images of the sexy wears those white girls put on during summer?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:22am On May 03, 2018
NumeroUno7:
O.P the problem is that you don't post often, you rather keep Franknetter's thread alive thereby leaving yours behind.

I have been following your thread and I do refresh this page at intervals to get updates and photos about a City I will be migrating to in future.

Please erhmmm, summer is almost here. Mind if I ask that you help me post images of the sexy wears those white girls put on during summer?

True!.....finally the cold broken on Tuesday...yesterday was scorching hot... Summer hot...guess no Spring weather this year. And yes... the babes are already showing a whole lot of skin.....but Whites and dressing sexy?.... hmmmmmmm.!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:30am On May 03, 2018
NYC....Harlem...many of the buildings build before 1945 ...termed pre war buildings were up to 6 storey... no elevators...termed walk ups. Most were 5.... so if you're in a 7 storey building...on the 7th floor.... then you be overlooking most of the buildings. These are shots from floor 7....looking north....part of George Washington Bridge...longggg way away . Looking south...downtown towards Times Square.... East...Harlem and the Bronx.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Activedreamer: 7:06pm On May 04, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC....end of April...Spring....and trees are yet to grow green leaves.
Bro,can you give me a link to cheap hotels in new york? The prices I'm seeing online are crazy. I intend spending 2 nights in new york before leaving for miami.

Hope the airport taxis are affordable and safe?
Where are the nice places to see?

Kindly assist,please. Thanks.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:28pm On May 04, 2018
Activedreamer:

Bro,can you give me a link to cheap hotels in new york? The prices I'm seeing online are crazy. I intend spending 2 nights in new york before leaving for miami.

Hope the airport taxis are affordable and safe?
Where are the nice places to see?

Kindly assist,please. Thanks.

Lol....you've seen the prices for the cheap ones...and that's crazy to you! Send me the dates and I'll try reserve a Studio apartment (self contained) for you below 'cheap hotel price'.
Taxi's are almost always safe.....and so is the NYC...even in the baaaad neighborhoods!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Activedreamer: 11:07pm On May 04, 2018
Originalsly:

Lol....you've seen the prices for the cheap ones...and that's crazy to you! Send me the dates and I'll try reserve a Studio apartment (self contained) for you below 'cheap hotel price'.
Taxi's are almost always safe.....and so is the NYC...even in the baaaad neighborhoods!
LOL. . 'Below cheap hotel price'. Our naira is finished o jare. Converting the dollar to the naira is...

Date; 12th and 13th of June. Is there a mail I can reach you on, please? Thanks a lot.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:57am On May 05, 2018
Activedreamer:

LOL. . 'Below cheap hotel price'. Our naira is finished o jare. Converting the dollar to the naira is...

Date; 12th and 13th of June. Is there a mail I can reach you on, please? Thanks a lot.

via Nairaland.....click on my name......then contact via email..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:32am On May 05, 2018
NumeroUno7:

Mind if I ask that you help me post images of the sexy wears those white girls put on during summer?

Is this sexy enough for you?...if you like I can hook you up.....I happen to know this person.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:37am On May 05, 2018
NYC...winter weather is over.....bikes are all out!...a few along the way.These guys kill me....more engine than bike...almost sure he trying to go wayyy past Heaven!.... the other one...hope he almost reach where he b3 going to.... like any moment his arms will drop of tiredness!...this last one.... can't hit him and claim he came out of nowhere...you didn't see him!..the man suit is lined with LEDs....and they be changing colours!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nostradamus: 11:50am On May 05, 2018
Originalsly:

Is this sexy enough for you?...if you like I can hook you up.....I happen to know this person.
hook me up with her Abeg.i no go fall your hand
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:16pm On May 05, 2018
Nostradamus:
hook me up with her Abeg.i no go fall your hand
Lol...really?...you not ready for NYC! ...bro....that's a guy!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2018
Originalsly:

Well he asked for pix of white girls, besides the one you uploaded is blurred.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by jamesgordon: 1:04pm On May 05, 2018
Originalsly:

Lool wow grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.