Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood (37023 Views)

Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Sambisa Forest As Tourist Centre As Nigerian Army & Borno Government Collaborate / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gabrielniy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
Milonis:

They are bunch of hypocrites. In Maiduguri there's a bubbling night-stripper-adult club called 'Sahel' and it's still operating
To be effective from Jan 20, 2017. Not immediately
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NaMeAboki: 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Sorry have to nit pick. No state has banned alcohol sale or consumption. There has been a few counties that have banned sale. Prohibition on Federal and state level ended badly. Led to creation of mafia bootleggers.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state

I don't intend to drag too much on this; however, even without referring to your link; notice how you seem to have contradicted yourself i.e. having already said that no state banned alcohol, then immediately went ahead to confirm the existence of prohibition at federal and STATE level.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
NaMeAboki:

I don't intend to drag too much on this; however, even without referring to your link;

You end saying something something dumb because u hate reading but love commenting. Then you argue strawmen points. You really should drag this out.

NaMeAboki:

notice how you seem to have contradicted yourself i.e. having already said that no state banned alcohol, then immediately went ahead to confirm the existence of prohibition at federal and STATE level.

Do you not know about different tiers of government? Lol stay in school. County ban isn't state ban . You should read before commenting.

Ps: prohibition on Federal level end long time ago. There's also no state that bans it on state level. There's only a few counties local level that it's completely dry. That's why you can buy alcohol in all 50 states.

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by johnaruson(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sharia in action, The same sharia caused the war in the state, The government can't stop the sale because it's against Nigerian constitution!
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by doctokwus: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
NemzySeries:
Epic..... may ur balls neva run dry
amen
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by LockDown69(m): 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hypocrites!

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by mymadam(m): 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:
...Alcohol sale banned oh well. Please ban yourself from collecting vat from alcoholic beverages as well.

undecided As simple as ABC!

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Arsasee(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Is sex abuse illegal? I believe it's called sexual assult and rape.

I said sex abuse! Pls find out the meaning! Sex abuse is the universal set that carries every sexual assult, rape, other sex crimes. Hope you are educated here? grin
Blue3k:

Is sex abuse illegal? I believe it's called sexual assult and rape.

I said sex abuse! Pls find out the meaning! Sex abuse is the universal set that carries every sexual assult, rape, other sex crimes. Hope you are educated here?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Arsasee:

I said sex abuse! Pls find out the meaning! Sex abuse is the universal set that carries every sexual assult, rape, other sex crimes. Hope you are educated here? grin

I said sex abuse! Pls find out the meaning! Sex abuse is the universal set that carries every sexual assult, rape, other sex crimes. Hope you are educated here?

These acts are not already illegal? I think missing point of my sarcastic questions. Which of those acts is not illegal under the laws in place in Nigeria currently? Take you're time to think out your response because your failed with this one.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
ALTERNATEID:

Indian hemp is a hard drug that can lead to mental instability when abused. Alcohol is just a recreational drink that will make you trendy. They are different.
Both ve the potential to be abused. Besides india hemp is also a recreational substance in some countries.
U guys ve no right to justify the prohibition of india hemp use and at same time crying about the banning of alcohol.
Alcohol cud equally lead to mental instability.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by NaMeAboki: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blue3k:

You end saying something something dumb because u hate reading but love commenting. Then you argue strawmen points. You really should drag this out.

Do you not know about different tiers of government? Lol stay in school. County ban isn't state ban . You should read before commenting.

Ps: prohibition on Federal level end long time ago. There's also no state that bans it on state level. There's only a few counties local level that it's completely dry. That's why you can buy alcohol in all 50 states.

This is the problem with some of you educated illiterates - you lack of proper comprehension.

First of all refer to my post again and note that I clearly said AT ONE TIME many of the states banned alcohol - meaning at one point or another i.e. not necessarily up till present times.

Secondly, I specifically qualified the period of the PROHIBITION and furthermore advised you to use google should you wish to cross reference.

Well, since you are familiar with wikipedia, let me therefore indulge you with what it had to say on prohibition - note for clarity, I have extracted and summarized its salient points as follows, considering your apparent problem with comprehension:

a) Prohibition in the United States was a nationwide constitutional ban - covering production, importation, transportation and sale

b) Achieved under the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

c) Specifically under a law known as the Volstead Act.

d) It lasted from 1920 -1933; though some states continued statewide prohibition.

e) Prohibition was mandated in state after state, then finally nationwide i.e. it was started b y the states before adoption by the federal government.

f) Private ownership and consumption of alcohol were not made illegal under federal law; however, in many areas, local laws were stricter, with some states banning possession outright.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

Now, if you would care to consider e) and f) above; you would clearly agree that at one time or another, some states indeed banned alcohol and that I was therefore factually correct.

Evidently, you are now the dumb one, who is prone to rushing to comment before checking the facts; and also unable comprehend even when the facts are right there before him.

Now run back to school and practice more comprehension or otherwise ask for a refund because you were clearly not well schooled.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
NaMeAboki:

First of all refer to my post again and note that I clearly said AT ONE TIME many of the states banned alcohol - meaning at one point or another i.e. not necessarily up till present times.

Ok I didn't notice at one time thought you talking currently. My fault.

My comment also mentioned prohibition did go bad. It's what created mafia. Banning thing pepole want only create criminal enterprises.

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
The Attorney General is also the Commissioner of Justice! Lmfao...
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by koma1(m): 1:28am On Jan 13, 2017
grandstar:

The state is even 40% " Christian"

Arab countries where they have Christian minorities, alcohol is legal such as Iraq, Lebanon, Syria

Is alcohol legal in Christianity?
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Blue3k(m): 1:34am On Jan 13, 2017
koma1:

Yes simple answer.

Edit are you talking about in the religion? If your talking about law not sure. I would assume no but Nigeria different country.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by made1(m): 1:38am On Jan 13, 2017
Why are they also banning Charcoal and Firewood ?? . I sense someone in Borno govt. following through with the United Nations Agenda 21 manuscript on sustainable living. B. S.
If only they know what lies ahead their government .
MrAJQ:

http://www.channelstv.com/2017/01/12/borno-government-bans-sale-consumption-of-alcohol/
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by ImperialYoruba: 6:52am On Jan 13, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
Prostitution is illegal and that's understandable. But stopping people from selling and consumption of alcohol is illegal and a breach of the fundamental human right of the people who desire to sell and consume alcohol. The prohibition should be challenged before a court of competent jurisdiction.

Alcohol consumption is your fundamental human right? Lol....orisirisi
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by vanunu: 7:12am On Jan 13, 2017
All these are what book haram have been asking for. The state govt should tender apology to imam abubakar shacow

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by grandstar(m): 7:44am On Jan 13, 2017
koma1:

Did Jesus's not turn water into wine? Bible does not condemn drinking (Psalms 104:15).

What the Bible condemns is drunkenness! (1 Corinthians 9-10) Common sense should tell us to drink moderately, drink responsibly (1 Timothy 5:23)

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Unimaginable123: 8:36am On Jan 13, 2017
Milonis:

Sahel Guest Inn is still operating, I don't know who they are lying to
with effect from Jan 20
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by omemero(m): 10:35am On Jan 13, 2017
ITS TIME TO OPERATE AN INDEPENDENT STATE OR TRUE FEDERALISM AS THE CASE MAY BE.BUT THE PARASITES WILL NOT AGREE, BUT THEY CAN MAKE LAWS AN OPERATE INDEPENDENT SHARIA SPONSORED WITH PUBLIC FUNDS.....
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Jesusloveyou: 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
Prostitution is illegal and that's understandable. But stopping people from selling and consumption of alcohol is illegal and a breach of the fundamental human right of the people who desire to sell and consume alcohol. The prohibition should be challenged before a court of competent jurisdiction.
freedom to sin. and no freedom for righteousness.
Why not also challenge unrighteousness in court.
Or is not a breach of fundamental human right to be unrighteousness?

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by Jesusloveyou: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
vanunu:
All these are what book haram have been asking for. The state govt should tender apology to imam abubakar shacow
the same shekau is buzzing and smoking high substance
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
Abeg isn't it tym sharia law is outlawed in every state in Nigeria? It goes against d stipulation in d constitution dt dere shall b no state religion in Nigeria. Common law shld b d common legal denominator among all citizens of Nigeria. D use of a parallel legal system portends future dangers 4 ds coun3. D hisbah shld also b disbanded because dey r a future terrorist grp IMO. Religion & governance shld b kept poles apart. Dts wt obtains in any sane society. So because Islam frowns @ d intake of alcohol, non-Muslims in d entire borno state cannot purchase & consume alcohol? SMH.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
koma1:

Yes (contrary 2 wt Pentecostals preach) bt on in moderate quantities. It's drunkenness dts a sin.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Alcohol consumption is your fundamental human right? Lol....orisirisi
Yes I hv d ryt 2 carry out any activity dt isn't criminal or harmful 2 my neighbours there4 dt includes d intake of alcohol.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
grandstar:

Did Jesus's not turn water into wine? Bible does not condemn drinking (Psalms 104:15).

What the Bible condemns is drunkenness! (1 Corinthians 9-10) Common sense should tell us to drink moderately, drink responsibly (1 Timothy 5:23)
A glass of dt chocolate-infused red wine (I've 4gtn its name) 4 u. Dnt worry, it's on my tab.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
freedom to sin. and no freedom for righteousness.
Why not also challenge unrighteousness in court.
Or is not a breach of fundamental human right to be unrighteousness?
Dude, rada dan insult u (which wld b counterproductive), i hereby choose 2 educate u. Legality & morality r 2 separate things. Aristotle said "d law is reason free 4rm passion". Dt means dt laws hv 2 b made wt minimal sentiments & take in2 consideration variations of human nature. U can't legislate morality because morality is relative eg a Muslim is nt permitted by his/her 2 consume pork, it's immoral 2 him bt 2 a Christian, eating pork is nt immoral, imagine if a law is made 2 ban d consumption of pork, wldnt dt infringe on d ryt of D Christian? Also, dere is no compulsion in religion. U choose whether 2 obey d dictates of ur faith or not. Judgement is left 4 d person's god & nt 2 any human being. So u r free 2 either live righteously or odawise. It is nt with d jurisdiction of any court 2 challenge any individual on religious disobedience because in a Democracy, deres proper separation btw religion & government apparatuses. Religious bodies & officials hold no legal powers or authority. Finally, it's nt a breach of fundamental human rights 2 b unrighteous. Being unrighteous is btw 1 & 1s god nt btw 1 & d state.
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
adioolayi:
Borno government should not share from tax collected from Alcohol manufacturers, import duties, VAT or any other proceeds from importantation, distribution and consumption of luxury spirits
In fact let Dem stop collecting federal allocation & refund previous 1s collected since d inception of D disbursement of federal allocations 2 states. Dey shld also nt partake of dt North East intervention funds. Hypocrites!!!
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by grandstar(m): 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
gemale:

A glass of dt chocolate-infused red wine (I've 4gtn its name) 4 u. Dnt worry, it's on my tab.

Thanks
Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by ahamonyeka(m): 5:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrAJQ:

http://www.channelstv.com/2017/01/12/borno-government-bans-sale-consumption-of-alcohol/
please sir allow them to drink beer here cos there is no beer in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood by gemale(m): 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
grandstar:

Thanks
U r welcome. I've nw remembered its name... Rubis red wine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Youths Registering For PVC For Admission At #YouthVoteCountNG Mega Concert / Man Killed In Rivers As Soldiers-Militants Clash (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.