Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,148 members, 7,845,800 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot (13006 Views)

Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image / $550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by ArabMopol(m): 7:59am On Jan 13, 2017
one useless Fulani cow still insist Abacha never stole anything from Nigeria purse Buhari, long before he was elected
president, stubbornly insisted that
Abacha “never stole”, and that he
was not corrupt. “Illegally taken
from Nigeria” If Abacha had not
appointed him as the Executive
Chairman of the defunct
Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF),
where he was given unlimited
powers to spend billions of Naira
between 1996 and 1998, would
Buhari have stuck out his neck for
him and say he was not corrupt?
The
interest of the north in
the presidency has
nothing to do with the
effective and purposeful
leadership of Nigeria but to continue the
Islamic domination,
corruption,
embezzlement and
abuse of Nigeria ’s oil
wealth.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by TeamSimple(m): 8:01am On Jan 13, 2017
And someone will still come here and ask me why I choose to scam any US citizen..

If we can't collect Abacha's loot legally,we will the other way round.

Oya Gbera 2simple.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by KVC1970: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2017
Everyday Abacha loot this man you are too richoooo that every government will come Abacha loot
The one you recover show us one thing you did with it to benefit the masses
Trump please, seize the money before the zoobies will use it to arm the Herdsmen to kill more people

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by ArabMopol(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2017
so Nigeria government earlier forfeited $480 million to the U.S and that her useless daughter still have the gut to upload video clip of her thievery father addressing Nigerians after he seized power , Muslims are bloody hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 13, 2017
There was light,water, good roads and hospitals with drugs during abacha. His economic economic policies were okay despite the embargo.
Its very bad that he stole these monies.The cumulative amount if what abacha had stolen is not up to $$2b

But no one is talking of $16b that could be accounted for in the name of power fix.Is this because obj is still alive?
How about the various billions of dollars that was shared in the last elections and subsidy scams etc? A fraction of it,is the current $2b arms deal investigated.

To me abacha is %100 better than his successors

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by coputa(m): 8:25am On Jan 13, 2017
duullie88:
This loot no dey finish... mk dem keep interest pay d actual money.. or else we no go collect dis money finish
Abacha looted the destinies of fifty generation of Nigerians,yet his family is walking tall and freely in the country.Southerners are the only thieves in Nigeria,what an irony.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Mckennedy: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-YQunqOCBqCE/WHesGgBK-yI/AAAAAAAAAxA/IwgeELlbDGIKel6wfP9AkN7X0VrVfhnqACLcB/s640/Sani-Abacha-e1484236728467.jpg[/img]

Prof. Itse Sagay, Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), on Thursday said Nigeria risks losing another $550 million recovered from the Abacha family to the United States.

Sagay disclosed this at a media conference on asset recovery jointly organised by PACAC and the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and the Diaspora.

“Nigeria presently stands to lose another S550 million recovered from the Abacha family to the U.S., contrary to the earlier promise by the U.S. to return same to Nigeria,” he said.

Sagay said the amount represented a separate tranche from the earlier $480 million forfeited to the U.S. following a court judgment in August 2014.

He said that the stringent conditions for repatriation being given by the countries in which some of the nation’s stolen wealth was stashed contradicted the earlier promises made.

He expressed concern at the country’s challenges in the tracing, seizure, forfeiture and return of Nigeria’s assets laundered outside the country.

According to Sagay, the challenges include stringent conditions and other uncooperative attitude of the countries in possession of the stolen funds.

“Out of the Abacha loot for instance, Switzerland seized over $505.5 million between 2004 and 2006. The UK recovered 2.7 million dollars from Alamieyeseigha’s account in London in 2005.

“Alamieyeseigha’s home and other real estate as at 2005 was estimated at over 15 million dollars,’’ Sagay said.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, called for the unconditional return of Nigeria’s looted fund.

Dabiri-Erewa, who said asset recovery was different from asset returning, decried the uncooperative attitude of the countries where the stolen funds were being stashed.

“America has over 400 million dollars that have been officially recovered as stolen funds from Nigeria.

“But America is keeping the funds. They are telling us about technicalities; they are saying we recovered doesn’t mean we can return.

“We want every Nigerian in Diaspora, friends of Nigeria, to join this committee in demanding that every Nigeria’s stolen fund recovered in any part of the world should be returned to Nigeria,” she said.

According to her, the person who steals is just as guilty as the person who keeps stolen funds.

“The person who steals is a criminal; the person who keeps known stolen funds is also liable.

“You can’t give us aid of one billion dollars and keep one billion dollars of funds you have recovered from Nigeria.

“So we will join the committee to embark on an advocacy with Nigerians outside the world to appeal to these nations to do everything possible to return what belongs to Nigeria,”she said.

cc lalasticlala seun

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/01/us-blocks-550m-sani-abacha-loot.html

Yet another gullible northerner will tell you Abacha didn't loot...last I checked one said he was a good man without kworuption.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by TAD2(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2017
Wasere jare........
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by paradigmshift(m): 8:47am On Jan 13, 2017
abacha never stole...he was saving for recession... buhari
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by LastProphet: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2017
runtinx:
Northerners are the biggest thieves
true, they taught everybody how to steal
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Toosure70: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2017
na only afonja get clean record. Proudly afonja
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by 989900: 9:17am On Jan 13, 2017
Sagay said the amount represented a separate tranche from the earlier $480 million forfeited to the U.S. following a court judgment in August 2014.

$480m cornered just like that?! Another $550m awaiting 'cornering' . . . Yahoo+++++ . . . . Yankee, I dey hail o!

Shame on politicians who will steal to impoverish their people, and proceed to fall 'maga' to foreigners
. cry

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2017
if they even return d money it will still be restolen
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by repogirl(f): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2017
It's because you people don't know what you are doing, that's why the US and co are playing you like Ping Pong.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by enigma3000: 9:46am On Jan 13, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
the one they first return to your ineffectual buffoon how did he used it

Your ineffectual buffoon is the reason for Nigeria misfortune

chaii e pain am
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Sibrah: 9:47am On Jan 13, 2017
GenBuhari:
Ha
Abacha was no looter .

America hated Abacha because he cannot be controlled and he turned away World Bank and IMF

This is the simple truth.
Then Dasuki / GEJ are no looters.
Buhari is only wants to ride on their downfall cos he hates them.
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by slye(m): 10:13am On Jan 13, 2017
Why re there so many kids on nairaland sef sad
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Jesusloveyou: 10:24am On Jan 13, 2017
enigma3000:

chaii e pain am

before nko! I am still pain till tomorrow as your ineffectual buffoon wasted our good solid 6yrs of economy boom. Gej is a very big fool.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Jesusloveyou: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
if they even return d money it will still be restolen
that was before

And that is the only reason they refuse to return our money

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Jumbus31(m): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2017
Dis Abacha loots no dey finish? Its high time we start calling Abacha to ask him some questions
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by HqBoss: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2017
i think it will be a deterent for nigeria if the money isnt repartriated so that nigerian govt will stand against any form of corrupt practices perpetrated by politicians
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by enigma3000: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
before nko! I am still pain till tomorrow as your ineffectual buffoon wasted our good solid 6yrs of economy boom. Gej is a very big fool.

I dnt know abt u but I have got a job
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by Jesusloveyou: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2017
enigma3000:

I dnt know abt u but I have got a job
you see your life, you have gotten a job under the government you hate, your ineffectual buffoon hero could not provide you job in 6yrs of his wastefulness. Www

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by NGELEBUBE: 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
....but abacha never stole a dime according to buhari,
so what are we recovering, America should block the hell,
sagay and buhari will just be fooling themselves,
old unrepentant fools,
mentally retarded dullards,
tired and expired,
religious and ethnic bigots,
infact....
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by enigma3000: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
you see your life, you have gotten a job under the government you hate, your ineffectual buffoon hero could not provide you job in 6yrs of his wastefulness. Www

you r so wrong to think whether i like or hate any govt. they dont care abt me so i dnt care abt them.
besides i am an entrepreneur., am not lazy like you.. i dnt need the govt. to food on my table.
peace
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by brojoshua: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
That is only if the loots will be looted again if it is returned, but if the present government is not looting, then the money should not be blocked

1 Like

Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by ziga: 3:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
5starmilitant:
How did Obama 8 years of leadership even benefited us Africans? The guy Na green snake under green grass.

What does Obama owe to Africa?

What have we done to benefit one another that we will expect somebody else who is president of 300 million people to come and epp us?
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by duullie88(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
coputa:
Abacha looted the destinies of fifty generation of Nigerians,yet his family is walking tall and freely in the country.Southerners are the only thieves in Nigeria,what an irony.

I wan whistle blow.. 5% of that loot isn't funny
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by coputa(m): 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
duullie88:

I wan whistle blow.. 5% of that loot isn't funny
who dey your back.
Re: US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot by duullie88(m): 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
coputa:
who dey your back.

That bar go make ppl volunteer to dey ur back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos / Why The North Will Never Allow Nigeria To Progress / Shehu Sani, 14 APC Aspirants Reject Indirect Primaries In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.