Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? (2613 Views)

Buhari’s Govt Disowns President’s Aide On Modu Sheriff Appointment / 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Corpse Of Gov. Shettima's Aide Who Died In Fatal Accident Arrives Borno(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by godwinkessi: 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
Why is it that only the president uses military ADC and Vice President uses police man as ADC even the senate president and governors? Why can't they use a military captain or maybe major?
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by kayzat: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
godwinkessi:
Why is it that only the president uses military ADC and Vice President uses police man as ADC even the senate president and governors? Why can't they use a military captain or maybe major?

Because he is the President and the commander in chief of the armed forces .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by godwinkessi: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
kayzat:

Because he is the President and the commander in chief of the armed forces .

Why won't other authorities use army too? If u wanna give em ADC why not army?
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by OFFICIAL336: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
godwinkessi:
The Minister of defence uses one.
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by godwinkessi: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

The Minister of defence uses one.

I mean Vice President, senate president And governors. I understand that minister of Defence uses one and even army chiefs and special generals that uses lieutenants
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by omololu2020(m): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
godwinkessi:

I mean Vice President, senate president And governors. I understand that minister of Defence uses one and even army chiefs and special generals that uses lieutenants
the president is the commander in chief of the armed forces,while the rest are not
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by leighcon(m): 12:37am On Jan 13, 2017
His choice basically.....most presidents have beenfrom the military, so they tend to choose from one of their own and the tradition passes on.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by godwinkessi: 7:27am On Jan 13, 2017
leighcon:
His choice basically.....most presidents have beenfrom the military, so they tend to choose from one of their own and the tradition passes on.

Are u saying that he can choose from police, navy or even Airforce?

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by Ozid(m): 7:49am On Jan 13, 2017
Because he is Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces (GCFR) while the governor are CSOs of their various state.
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by hakanai(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2017
I think it has to do with the military.
eg the commander in chief,minister of defense,service chiefs & some top military commanders.

wikipedia:
An aide-de-camp (UK /ˌeid.dəˈkɑ̃ː/ or US /-ˈkæmp/;[1] French expression meaning literally helper in the [military] camp) is a personal assistant or secretary to a person of high rank, usually a senior military, police or government officer, a member of a royal family, or a head of state. This is not to be confused with an adjutant, who is the senior administrator of a military unit. The first aide-de-camp is typically the foremost personal aide.
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by leighcon(m): 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
godwinkessi:

Are u saying that he can choose from police, navy or even Airforce?

As the C-in-C pleases......

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by godwinkessi: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ozid:
Because he is Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces (GCFR) while the governor are CSOs of their various state.

I heard governors as the CSO of their respective states are of a rank of brigadier generals, why can't they use an army instead of the police ADCs the use. I'm really confused. Explorer lalasticlala should help a brother
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by darkhorizon: 2:44am On Jan 15, 2017
godwinkessi:

I heard governors as the CSO of their respective states are of a rank of brigadier generals, why can't they use an army instead of the police ADCs the use. I'm really confused. Explorer lalasticlala should help a brother

The reason is glaring,and simple... the armed forces (military) fall into the line of command of only the C in C ,Defence minister, chief of staffs,downwards... the VP and SP have no authority whatsoever over the military...they only receive orders from C in C,Defence minister,downwards. The VP,SP,governors
only have authority over nonmilitary security bodies.

And don't be fooled,if governors are CSO,they are equivalent to Brigadier generals,no civilian, I repeat no civilian is equivalent to a military personnel,is that clear??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by seunmsg(m): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2017
godwinkessi:

The C-i-C is a military position and hence, is entitled to military protection like other top military leaders. The VP, senate president, govs etc occupies purely civil positions. They don't command any military force in the country and so, are entitled to only civil protection provided by the police, DSS and civil defence.
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by Ahmadgani(m): 6:19am On Jan 15, 2017
godwinkessi:

na they have nothing in common with the military.
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by Seequadry(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2023
Imagine a senate president giving command to a major.... That outside his jurisdiction...

Only a president have same or more power as thier oga pátá pata

So he can l
Pick any of his boys to secure him
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by gidgiddy: 10:51am On Apr 29, 2023
seunmsg:

The C-i-C is a military position and hence, is entitled to military protection like other top military leaders. The VP, senate president, govs etc occupies purely civil positions. They don't command any military force in the country and so, are entitled to only civil protection provided by the police, DSS and civil defence.

All Presidents of America are also commander in chiefs of their armed forces, have you ever seen any ADC near any American President?

ADC is an outdated thing that Nigeria still continues to practice for reasons that are not clear

Nigerian Presidents already have enough PA's, they dont need ADC
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by GreyLaw(m): 11:01am On Apr 29, 2023
Seequadry:
Imagine a senate president giving command to a major.... That outside his jurisdiction...

Only a president have same or more power as thier oga pátá pata

So he can l
Pick any of his boys to secure him

The president has absolutely power over their oga pata pata. They are not even mates, the president can hire and fire their oga at will. Nobody else can do that. He is commander in chief for a reason.
Re: Why Is That Only The President Uses Military Aide D' Camp? by GreyLaw(m): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2023
gidgiddy:

All Presidents of America are also commander in chiefs of their armed forces, have you ever seen any ADC near any American President?

ADC is an outdated thing that Nigeria still continues to practice for reasons that are not clear

Nigerian Presidents already have enough PA's, they dont need ADC

You are the one who thinks it's outdated. There are photos of from George Washington to Reagan to Obama with their ADC. The West must not be Nigeria's example in everything. Nigeria reserves the right to keep or abolish things they copied from the West. Aguiyi Ironsi had his ADC injured and killed during the coup. There are roles those guys play which might be oblivious to outsiders. French President and his Argentinean counterpart have 3 ADCs each. Many other nations follow suit.

Maybe Nigerian leaders can cut down on the number of their aides, but they reserve the right on which to cut. They can cut down on number their civilian aides and keep the ADC.

(1) (Reply)

Massive Constructions Ongoing And Completed In Agulu, Anambra (pix) / Imo On Fire As Gov. Ihedioha Disobeys Court Judgment / Happening Now: Northerners Protesting Against Killings And Insecurity Up North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.