Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? (2727 Views)

Excitement After Mad Man Known As Pastor Is Reportedly Healed In Ekiti. Photos / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2017
The verses below are speaking about the stages man's embryonic development, more than 1000 years before modern day scientists discovered it.

-And certainly did we create man from and extract of clay

-then we placed him as sperm-drop in a firm lodging

-then we made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and we made the clot into lump(of flesh), and we made(from) the lump, bones, and we covered the bones with flesh; then we developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators Qur'an 23:12-14
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2017
How could someone who can neither read nor write known all this 1,400 years ago when scientists have only recently discovered this using advanced equipment and powerful microspoes which did not exist 1,400 years ago?

Hamm and Leeuwenhoek were the first scientists to observe human sperm cells using and improved microscope in 1677.

http://scienceislam.com/quran_human_embryonic_development.php
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Kagarko(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2017
Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.

Alhamdulillah Alaa Niimatul Islam. Fajazaakumullah Bil Jannah for the Reminder.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Emusan(m): 11:33am On Jan 13, 2017
DeAvenger:
The verses below are speaking about the stages man's embryonic development, more than 1000 years before modern day scientists discovered it.

Your book says BONE formed first before being COVERED by FLESH.

Please, which science book you read that from

Secondly, the verse said
"then we developed him into another creation.

Does it mean the creation in which a baby exists at early stage is different from the creation of every human?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by annunaki2(m): 11:45am On Jan 13, 2017
DeAvenger:

The thrash you posted above does not even begin to describe embryonic development. It did not even mention the female egg which becomes the embryo neither did it describe the fertilisation process. It is obviously the writing of a stark illiterate doing guess work on how babies are formed. Infact this verse you quoted provides further evidence that mohammed was a fake charlatan.

6 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2017
Emusan:

Your book says BONE formed first before being COVERED by FLESH.

Are you sure you read it? if not, Read it again

it says
The sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and we made the clot into a lump (of flesh), and we made (from) the lump, bones, and we covered the bones with flesh
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 13, 2017
annunaki2:

The thrash you posted above does not even begin to describe embryonic development. It did not even mention the female egg which becomes the embryo neither did it describe the fertilisation process. It is obviously the writing of a stark illiterate doing guess work on how babies are formed. Infact this verse you quoted provides further evidence that mohammed was a fake charlatan.

This is what happen when you skip biology class

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
The claim in the verses you quoted is exactly the kind of garbage an illiterate man would say!

It claims man was "created from clay". If that were the case, clay and man should share the same chemical compositions, but man and clay couldn't be any more chemically distinct than they are.

The important elemental make up of clay include: Aluminium, Silicon and Oxygen; whereas the important elemental make up of humans include: Oxygen, Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Calcium, Phosphorus and Potasium (99%) and inconsequential traces of a few other elements forming the remaining (1%)

Now, you tell me, how is the claim that man came from clay scientifically accurate?

5 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
@AgentofAllah The first verse is talking about Adam. Adam was created from clay.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by annunaki2(m): 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
DeAvenger:

This is what happen when you skip biology class

Is that why your Allah does not know that the egg has to be fertilised before the embryo develops?

2 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
DeAvenger:
@AgentofAllah
The first verse is talking about Adam. Adam was created from clay.

That doesn't invalidate my question; unless Adam was Silicon and Aluminium based life form that happened to have Carbon based lifeforms as offspring.

This of course, would raise even bigger scientific questions for you and your holy science textbook my friend!

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
annunaki2:

Is that why your Allah does not know that the egg has to be fertilised before the embryo develops?

are you sure you can read?

Go back and read the verses carefully
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by randomperson: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
DeAvenger:

So... No muscles?
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by alBHAGDADI: 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
DeAvenger:
@AgentofAllah
The first verse is talking about Adam. Adam was created from clay.
So adam was a sperm before he bacame man? Whose manhood produced the sperm?

4 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
So adam was a sperm before he bacame man? Whose manhood produced the sperm?
Good question! So a question for you alBhagdadi. How old was Adam when he was "created"?

4 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Emusan(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Good question! So a question for you alBhagdadi. How old was Adam when he was "created"?

Atheist won't cease to amaze us.

How can you ask this funny question.

Sorry, you don't ask how old was the universe before the Big Bang (as you believe) but how old was the universe after the Big Bang?

So the day Adam was created begins his life count.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by true2god: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
This is type of teachings that make Islamic nations hell holes, using Koran to validate modern science. The last time I checked, Mohammed, in one of the hadith, said Adam was 60 cubic tall which made the apostle of allahh a shameless liar and his sahabas fools.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
"Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created Adam in His own image with His length of sixty cubits, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits , then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 040, Number 6809) "
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam.
(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543) "

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute),
sixty cubits tall. " (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 544) "
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "The first group of my Ummah to get into Paradise would be like a full moon in the night. Then those who would be next to them; they would be like the most significantly glittering stars in regard to brightness, then after them (others) in ranks. They would neither void excrement, nor pass water, nor suffer from catarrh, nor would they spit. And their combs would be made of gold, and the fuel of their braziers would be aloes and their sweat would be musk and their form would be the form of one single person according to the length of their father sixty cubits tall. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn Abi Shaiba with a slight variation of wording. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 040, Number 6796) "

Who is deceiving who, Mohammed or allahh?

4 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
Emusan:

Atheist won't cease to amaze us.

How can you ask this funny question.

Sorry, you don't ask how old was the universe before the Big Bang (as you believe) but how old was the universe after the Big Bang?

So the day Adam was created begins his life count.
Not sure what you're on about. I didn't use the word "before" in my question.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Emusan(m): 5:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Not sure what you're on about. I didn't use the word "before" in my question.

I know you didn't but I just used that as an illustration.

Adam was created which means Adam was brought into EXISTENCE at a particular time.

Does it make sense to say you want know the age of something that was just brought into existence?

Lemme use this as an illustration, my phone was manufactured on 10th Jan, 2016
Now, does it make sense to ask, how old was my phone when it was manufactured on 10th Jan, 2016?
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Emusan:

I know you didn't but I just used that as an illustration.
Good, so your illustration was not well thought through

Adam was created which means Adam was brought into EXISTENCE at a particular time.
Sure

Does it make sense to say you want know the age of something that was just brought into existence?
Yes it does, when the size and functionality of every organ in the human body is directly correlated with their age. Ergo, it makes perfect sense to ask about Adam's age when he was created since he seemed to already have fully functional organs at "creation".

Lemme use this as an illustration, my phone was manufactured on 10th Jan, 2016
Now, does it make sense to ask, how old was my phone when it was manufactured on 10th Jan, 2016?
Manufacturing of mobiles is a demonstrable phenomenon which requires no leap of faith. Creating a fully functional human though, from clay...that's something else! So my friend, your illustration is manifestly a misapprehension of the import of my question!

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Emusan(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Good, so your illustration was not well thought through

It was well thought through but since you couldn't grab it I have to leave that way.

Yes it does, when the size and functionality of every organ in the human body is directly correlated with their age. Ergo, it makes perfect sense to ask about Adam's age when he was created since he seemed to already have fully functional organs at "creation".

You're still proving I too know and adamant to correction.

Asking how old was Adam when he was created is not just out of sense but pure lack of knowledge.

Age is THE WHOLE DURATION OF A BEING, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; LIFETIME.

The best question you can ask is, in what form Adam was created?

Very simple but using DURATION to ask about first appearance of something is out of it.

Manufacturing of mobiles is a demonstrable phenomenon which requires no leap of faith. Creating a fully functional human though, from clay...that's something else! So my friend, your illustration is manifestly a misapprehension of the import of my question!

Who ask you about FAITH? Your obsession about faith has beclouded you beyond reason.

I'm only here telling you that your reason is faulty, instead of you to learn you keep exposing your Atheistic behavior.

Simple, you don't use DURATION to ask about the CREATION of something.

2 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Chiedu4Trump: 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
I concur that Mohammed was an illiterate.

Thats why he said the world is flat.

Qur'an 2:22
[allah] who made for you the earth a bed [spread out]

While those who are led of God said that the earth is round.

Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth.

So yes only an illiterate will say the earth is flat

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by impossible27(m): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
These mohamedians won't seize to amuse me. lol.

Maybe Mohammed also know the content of what i poopoo in my toilet. Please check the koran, it might be there.

These people are here typing biology class Mohammed thought them while their brothers are there counting the numbers of heads they have killed for the day... smh

4 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by otemanuduno: 2:10am On Jan 14, 2017
DeAvenger:

-And certainly did we create man from and extract of clay
-then we placed him as sperm-drop in a firm lodging
-then we made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and we made the clot into lump(of flesh), and we made(from) the lump, bones, and we covered the bones with flesh; then we developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators Qur'an 23:12-14
So what you're trying to say is that "sperms" don't drop during sex 1,400years ago? Abeg don't let Socrates of more than 2000 years ago hear this ignorant utterance of yours abeg cheesy I'm sure Plato, Aristotle, Julius Ceaser and millions of GREAT THINKERS of more than 2000 years ago will be laughing out loud at this ignorant confession of a 21st century human being. Ask Solmani of the homo erectus period and he'll tell you how sperm has been known since millions of years back.

Realmindz, Hahn, Pls come and see this grin

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 8:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Emusan:

You're still proving I too know and adamant to correction.

Asking how old was Adam when he was created is not just out of sense but pure lack of knowledge.

Age is THE WHOLE DURATION OF A BEING, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; LIFETIME.

The best question you can ask is, in what form Adam was created?

Very simple but using DURATION to ask about first appearance of something is out of it.
I can phrase my question however I feel it best represents my thoughts, so if you're so smart, just answer the question rather than trying to help me rephrase my question. It is simple! How old was Adam when he was created?

Who ask you about FAITH? Your obsession about faith has beclouded you beyond reason.

I'm only here telling you that your reason is faulty, instead of you to learn you keep exposing your Atheistic behavior.

Simple, you don't use DURATION to ask about the CREATION of something.

"Leap of faith" is an expression synonymous with "assumption", smart arse.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by hahn(m): 9:59am On Jan 14, 2017
otemanuduno:
So what you're trying to say is that "sperms" don't drop during sex 1,400years ago? Abeg don't let Socrates of more than 2000 years ago hear this ignorant utterance of yours abeg cheesy I'm sure Plato, Aristotle, Julius Ceaser and millions of GREAT THINKERS of more than 2000 years ago will be laughing out loud at this ignorant confession of a 21st century human being. Ask Solmani of the homo erectus period and he'll tell you how sperm has been known since millions of years back.

Realmindz, Hahn, Pls come and see this grin

Classic display of arrogant ignorance by the op I must say undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
The claim in the verses you quoted is exactly the kind of garbage an illiterate man would say!

It claims man was "created from clay". If that were the case, clay and man should share the same chemical compositions, but man and clay couldn't be any more chemically distinct than they are.

The important elemental make up of clay include: Aluminium, Silicon and Oxygen; whereas the important elemental make up of humans include: Oxygen, Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Calcium, Phosphorus and Potasium (99%) and inconsequential traces of a few other elements forming the remaining (1%)

Now, you tell me, how is the claim that man came from clay scientifically accurate?
Because when man dies hecwill return to dust.
Clay was the general name for most minerals then, as we just recently discovered the periodic table.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Because when man dies hecwill return to dust.
this is a false assertion. When man dies, he doesn't "return to dust", he is devoured by bacteria, fauna and flora!
Clay was the general name for most minerals then
Another falsehood! At no point has clay ever been the general name for minerals, most or few. Clay has had a specific meaning historically. It is a substance that has always been known for its molding and maleable properties, especially for use in sculpting. This probably explains why it was tempting for the illiterate to assume humans were molded from clay. Not anything to do with minerals.
as we just recently discovered the periodic table.
Oh so you mean to say the creator of man and everything else was learning about the periodic table at the same pace as mankind? That's rich!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by onetrack(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
this is a false assertion. When man dies, he doesn't "return to dust", he is devoured by bacteria, fauna and flora!
Another falsehood! At no point has clay ever been the general name for minerals, most or few. Clay has had a specific meaning historically. It is a substance that has always been known for its molding and maleable properties, especially for use in sculpting. This probably explains why it was tempting for the illiterate to assume humans were molded from clay. Not anything to do with minerals.
Oh so you mean to say the creator of man and everything else was learning about the periodic table at the same pace as mankind? That's rich!

I find it funny when Muslims emphasize the fact that Muhammad was illiterate (of course, it's possible that he wasn't). Being illiterate does not mean that he was stupid, deaf, blind, or not well traveled. Illiterate people also have very good memories to compensate for their illiteracy.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

In 200 years people will ask what is Fax.

We keep on evolving, and discovering new things and new uses of things known before.
The creator could only communicate with people of then at their level of understanding

God is a God of orderliness, and does things in stages.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by LordOfNaira: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

In 200 years people will ask what is Fax.

We keep on evolving, and discovering new things and new uses of things known before.
The creator could only communicate with people of then at their level of understanding

God is a God of orderliness, and does things in stages.

Nawa o. So the God in Genesis who made mention of a solid firmament knew that the firmament was not solid but was only communicating with people at their level of understanding?

So if you were a teacher, you will communicate with your students at their level of understanding even if their level of understanding of your subject is stupid and laughable
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Nawa o. So the God in Genesis who made mention of a solid firmament knew that the firmament was not solid but was only communicating with people at their level of understanding?

So if you were a teacher, you will communicate with your students at their level of understanding even if their level of understanding of your subject is stupid and laughable
The way you teach a kid is different from how you teach an adult, our physics class these days is not what it was 100yrs ago , moreover sometimes the bibles commentary is literal, sometimes symbolic. Some passages can apply to people of that age or people of all age when necessary

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Use My Anoiting Oil To Cook, Is It Wrong? / Pastor Chris : Hybrid Men Are Coming . Jude 1:6-9. (explosive) / Why Can't God Heal Amputees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.