Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Relationship 105; So You Want Control? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship 105; So You Want Control? (497 Views)

(the 105 Laws Of Love), How To Know Love Partner Loves You.. / She’s 105 He’s 106 The World’s Oldest Living Couple Celebrates 80 Years Of Union / 105 Deep Love Messages To Your Very Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
‘Love… doesn’t force itself on others, isn’t always ‘‘me first,’’…Love puts up with anything… always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end.’’

In a building, the foundation bears the weight of the entire structure that rests on it, as well as any future anticipated weight. The Foundation is the underlying structure that supports a building from underneath. Everything rests on the foundation and if well built, the structure stays firm and unmovable.

Just as the foundation of a building is important, so is the foundation of our relationships. The weight or quality of a relationship depends on the foundation it is built on and seeking power or control is not a firm foundation for a relationship. Relationship is not meant for a party to exercise control.
A lot of us grew up in homes where our fathers exercised complete control over our mothers. In such homes for instance, the words of mothers are not taken to heart if they are allowed to speak at all. Or in homes where fathers often beat up their wives saying; ‘How dare you talk? Who is in charge here?”

In some homes where the mother is more financially stable than the father, she may begin to exercise some level of control in the name of, “Who pays the bills?’’ Those who grow up with such foundation tend to adopt it in their approach to relationship: seeking control. The truth about seeking control is that it shows you are not truly free.

‘Truly free people free others’’

Some think having control or exercising power is how they command respect. But the truth is respect does not spring from having control but from setting people free. It springs from love and to love means to set the soul of another completely free and accept them for who they are, appreciating their uniqueness. True power isn’t....

Follow the link to continue: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2017/01/relationship-105-so-you-want-control.html#more
Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by lilking12(m): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
some people reason so shallow that if you afford them freedom to take a decision in a relationship, the relationship ll crumble.

1 Like

Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by Chicybez: 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
true talk sha, but some times, love makes one wisely foolish, we do foolish things for love

1 Like

Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
lilking12:

Are you trying to say something?
Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by lilking12(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jeymz:

Are you trying to say something?
I thought that I had something to say but later discovered that am lost of words, if am able to find my words I ll say something

1 Like

Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
lilking12:
I thought that I had something to say but later discovered that am lost of words, if am able to find my words I ll say something

Hmmmm..ok. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 14, 2017
lilking12:
some people reason so shallow that if you afford them freedom to take a decision in a relationship, the relationship ll crumble.

I get you. But there's always room for mistake and control isn't the best approach to fixing things.
Re: Relationship 105; So You Want Control? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 14, 2017
Chicybez:
true talk sha, but some times, love makes one wisely foolish, we do foolish things for love

grin shocked

(1) (Reply)

M / Laura Ikeji Weds In Court (photo) / The 5 Dating Mistakes All Anxious People Make (and How To Fix Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.