Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners (26777 Views)

North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners / Dare Awoniyi Goofed On Issue Of The North Bleeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by psalmsjob: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2017
GMBuhari:
The idiots who didn't read the post are the ones posting rubbish like the idiots they are

You took the words out of my mouth.

They read headings and then comment or upload pictures. They can't read, they can't comprehend, they can't think only to wail and wail on everything but the gullible state of mind.
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by BCharles: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2017
Are they just waking up

Are you still looking for a reliable place to invest your bitcoin for fast payouts? Check my signature below and join (Fast Track team). With just 0.01 (5,000) investment, you would be earning a STABLE Monthly salary with just 2 referrals.....

Join now that it's not saturated and enjoy spillover.....
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by ArabMopol(m): 9:22am On Jan 14, 2017
the earlier this lazy owambe obsessed people from Togo realize the game is over the better for them, Let's not kid our selves. The North will rather commit 'harakiri' than allow federalism or resource control happen in Nigeria. I'm an Anambra man, we are oil producing and have huge gas reserves. I want to control my resources same as I want Ijaw, Ibibio, Oron, Urohbo to control whatever is on their lands. Resource control is a right not a privilege. In 1919, Lugard, having successfully looted the resources of the indigenous people of west Africa whom he bastardised with the name 'Nigerians' returned home to Britain a stupendously rich man and was honoured with the title "Lord". The Nigeria he left behind then became a theatre of blood letting, killings,nepotism,tribalism,ethnic supremacy,economic stagnation,exploitation,sectarian strife,civil war and downright bigotry of the highest order. Needless to say that Nigeria is a failed British experiment that cannot work. The answer is to divide Nigeria into smaller units that can work rather than a huge unworkable conglomerate. Nigeria has never worked as a nation. This Oily food owambe obsessed parasitical Tiger claw face brown roof internet warrior should be aware Nigeria is more divided now than ever , they should start planning ahead, Odua republic should be an option for them now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by yedidiah(m): 9:32am On Jan 14, 2017
Kaduna my beloved land of growth. The Liberal state. Garin gwamna! see how some supporter of APC incarnate are destroying our beautiful land.

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Onogiede(m): 9:37am On Jan 14, 2017
This one cycle thinking really dn't get it,.northern bleed or n't WHO THEM HELP? Let them keep disgracing themselves when other nations are planning latest development, north should leave
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Amankalizer(m): 9:46am On Jan 14, 2017
No one wants to say that Islam is a problem to this country. Y? It is high time we told ourselves the truth. Christianity all over is not violent. It does not support killing but Islam supports killing. Period. As Bishop Oyedepo prayed, God divide this country if it will bring an end to these killings. God change d mind of these monsters and blood splitters in our nation.

4 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Genea(f): 9:51am On Jan 14, 2017
aurenflani:

Whatever you wish against the north shall surely come to pass - of course against your tribe. Old hen.
if u like call me old hen, that's your bizness and doesn't change the fact that the majority of the problems facing Nigerians are connected to the north..

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by stanboy28(m): 9:53am On Jan 14, 2017
"the north bleeds nigeria bleeds" ....are u kidding me...za south anza oza regions make ze revenue used in zeveloping za north

#I-AM-STANBOY

4 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by vanbonattel: 9:56am On Jan 14, 2017
Dare Awoniyi? Just another affonja.

2 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by WhiteNoise(m): 10:00am On Jan 14, 2017
Nigeria is f***ed ... in the ass ... by a silver-backed gorilla
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Odinz(m): 10:13am On Jan 14, 2017
I know so many didn't really read the post through and if they did they should have recognized the outstanding points Dare Awoniyi made.

However, its gladdening hearing those words from a northerner it deeply shows how unbiased he truly is. Religion has been used as a justification for many terrorist acts, giving religion a rather black name.

Its high time we curb this problem from the roots and by roots I mean our depreciated value system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by orisa37: 10:13am On Jan 14, 2017
It's The Caliphate and its Arabs Marauders, not CAN that refuses to accept that The Lord s is The Land and its Fullness. The Lord will not hold him guiltless that harasses Tribal Settlements.
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Sonn(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

Dat unstable guy only interests lies in the back side of northerners
I tell you. & in his empty brain' he thinks he is learned.....
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by okezed: 10:21am On Jan 14, 2017
let's be objective here. which religion fights for their god? my people says" stand before bitter kola tree and tell it that it's bitter"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by discusant: 10:58am On Jan 14, 2017
Only solution to killings in Nigeria is divide the country into many possible countries.
Any other solution is postponing the evil day.

A country of northern Nigeria shall be peaceful. Because if Muslims are in large majority in such a country, the non Muslims automatically adapt to living in a predominantly Muslim society.

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Odelhorno1990: 10:58am On Jan 14, 2017
The North are not as strategic as the pipelines and oil wells in the south except the word 'strategic' is loosely applied in this context. Kindly visit RenMoney MFB Abuja office at Wuse 11 or Call 09087090579 for collateral free and Guarantor free 2.5 million Naira or less cash loan!
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by discusant: 11:08am On Jan 14, 2017
Odelhorno1990:
The North are not as strategic as the pipelines and oil wells in the south except the word 'strategic' is loosely applied in this context. Kindly visit RenMoney MFB Abuja office at Wuse 11 or Call 09087090579 for collateral free and Guarantor free 2.5 million Naira or less cash loan!

Some foolish northerners believe the south depends on north'a food for survival.

Reality is that there is no region in the rain forest southern region that cannot produce enough food for its citizens, yet have excess food for export to dry Sahel northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by buchilino(m): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2017
I AGREE WITH WAT HE SAID BUT D TRUTH IS NIGERIA IS A MISTAKE N WILL CONTINUE BEING A MISTAKE. D LEVEL OF INJUSTICE IN NIGERIA IS VERY ALARMING. KADUNA HISTORICALLY BELONGS 2 SOUTH KADUNA PPLE. JUST AS D FULANIS TOOK ILORIN FROM D YORUBAS, JOS NORTH FROM D JOS PPLE, DEY ALSO TOOK KADUNA FROM SOUTH PPLE. UNTIL ALL DIS INJUSTICES R TAKEN CARE OF, NIGERIA IS HEADING 2 DESTRUCTION.

2 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by porozhniy(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2017
I think Mr. Awoniyi was taking a subtle dig at Oyedepo when he made his point about religion & not fighting for God.
The reality is, those he represent have never cared to condemn the killings.
They have never cared about the education of their people.
It isn't southerners who kill their countrymen over religious disagreements (fighting for god).
It isn't southerners who kill other ethnic nationalities over grazing land.

It is OK if Mr. Awoniyi want to leave his ancestral home for the marauders.
It's OK if he doesn't want members of his community to stay alive by any means necessary despite Government's non-chalant attitude towards their safety.

Those who're resorting to self defence aren't doing it cos they love violence.
Either get ur government to do their job or let people survive by any means necessary.

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by discusant: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2017
ArabMopol:
the earlier this lazy owambe obsessed people from Togo realize the game is over the better for them, Let's not kid our selves. The North will rather commit 'harakiri' than allow federalism or resource control happen in Nigeria. I'm an Anambra man, we are oil producing and have huge gas reserves. I want to control my resources same as I want Ijaw, Ibibio, Oron, Urohbo to control whatever is on their lands. Resource control is a right not a privilege. In 1919, Lugard, having successfully looted the resources of the indigenous people of west Africa whom he bastardised with the name 'Nigerians' returned home to Britain a stupendously rich man and was honoured with the title "Lord". The Nigeria he left behind then became a theatre of blood letting, killings,nepotism,tribalism,ethnic supremacy,economic stagnation,exploitation,sectarian strife,civil war and downright bigotry of the highest order. Needless to say that Nigeria is a failed British experiment that cannot work. The answer is to divide Nigeria into smaller units that can work rather than a huge unworkable conglomerate. Nigeria has never worked as a nation. This Oily food owambe obsessed parasitical Tiger claw face brown roof internet warrior should be aware Nigeria is more divided now than ever , they should start planning ahead, Odua republic should be an option for them now

Odua Republic? Impossible. Yoruba is deeply divided between Muslims and Non-Muslims.

The Muslim Yoruba look forward to the Sokoto Caliphate for directions and can't imagine another country without the Sokoto Caliphate.

To have the old Eastern region which is comprised of nearly 99% Christians to remain in Nigeria to serve as a buffer against Izlamization of entire Nigeria thus becomes a passion for the Yoruba and much of the north.

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by pentlumpro(f): 11:55am On Jan 14, 2017
Ewusa Fulani ass lickers everywhere

2 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by mu2sa2: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
But which part of nigeria isn't "bleeding"?
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by BiafranPound: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
xnsandrxns:

Attachment by force
The two entities are one indeed undecided
You can't stand on your own, yet you cry everyday that you want to leave
Confused people
see this one o, so the igbos from your imaginary SS are outcasts abi? so you don't know that there are ijaws from SW Nigeria? kai what's wrong with you?? ! angry

2 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by BiafranPound: 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
ArabMopol:
NNA MEHN, Ị kwụchago ya o! Ka Anyị kee ala Naijiriya, ka onyeọbula je zutu Ike ! angry
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by xnsandrxns: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranPound:
see this one o, so the igbos from your imaginary SS are outcasts abi? so you don't know that there are ijaws from SW Nigeria? kai what's wrong with you?? ! angry

So unintelligent

Now SS is imaginary

They are just a branch of Igbo that went to settle in the riverine area undecided

I wonder how the mud people think the SS is under them

They are even more than you guys times two

You guys are alone and weak

Just admit it and respect people above you

Baby factory products
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by israelmao(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
It is easier said than done.Some are doing everything possible to ensure that this nation moves forward others are busy destroying it because they think they have the exclusive right to rule by all means possible and that is why human lives are cheaper than sachet pure water in Nigeria,people kill at the drop of the hat.It doesn't matter the value we place on lives God places more value on them more than us because we are the breath of God either Muslims or Christians or even pagans and no one hates his own breath.This nation is not for a particular ethnic group or individual but for every true-to-type Nigerian.The bastards they are going on killing spree are more interested in national assets and power than the Nigeria itself.

1 Like

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by BiafranPound: 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
xnsandrxns:

So unintelligent

Now SS is imaginary

They are just a branch of Igbo that went to settle in the riverine area undecided

I wonder how the mud people think the SS is under them

They are even more than you guys times two

You guys are alone and weak

Just admit it and respect people above you

Baby factory products
oh just look at this efulefu, brown roof man how that one take concern you.. I have a very old map of Nigeria where that so called SouthSouth Cum Niger delta was actually called South East JUST look at the map below before you die of heart attack.. Am from that so called SouthSouth but I know my origin!

2 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by xnsandrxns: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranPound:
oh just look at this efulefu, brown roof man how that one take concern you.. I have a very old map of Nigeria where that so called SouthSouth Cum Niger delta was actually called South East JUST look at the map below before you die of heart attack.. Am from that so called SouthSouth but I know my origin!

You are good entertainment

Now you want to talk about history

Something your fathers don't even know about

Don't be ashamed of your identity

You are Igbo claiming SS

You are a minority

Whichever angle you look at things from

Sorry for your loss

And next time before you say brown roof, take a minute and think about how the brown roofs came to being.
Cos in the 50s and 60s when the Yorubas were already using roofing sheets, you bush fathers were still living in thatched roof huts.

Now run off my mention and hawk some gala
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by BiafranPound: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
xnsandrxns:

You are good entertainment

Now you want to talk about history

Something your fathers don't even know about

Don't be ashamed of your identity

You are Igbo claiming SS

You are a minority

Whichever angle you look at things from

Sorry for your loss

And next time before you say brown roof, take a minute and think about how the brown roofs came to being.
Cos in the 50s and 60s when the Yorubas were already using roofing sheets, you bush fathers were still living in thatched roof huts.

Now run off my mention and hawk some gala
ifeanyi Okowa is from SE abi? Peter Odilli is from SE abi? Liyel Imoke is from SE abi? I talk am ! You be Afonja man!

2 Likes

Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by orunto27: 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kemperor:
- Mr Dare Awoniyi has warned southerners not to take the crisis in the north for granted

- The Kogi-born public affairs analyst says the North is strategic to the country

- Awoniyi is the son of Late Sunday Awoniyi, the former chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum

A public affairs analyst and leader of thought in northern Nigeria, Mr Dare Awoniyi has warned southerners in Nigeria not to be indifferent about the crisis in the north.

Awoniyi who is the son Late Sunday Awoniyi, the former chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum made the statement at a book launch in Abuja yesterday, January 12.

The event was the book launch of renowned professor and author, Olufemi Vaughan titled Religion and the Making of Nigeria.

He said: ''If the north bleeds, Nigeria bleeds because there is no town like Kaduna when it comes to a melting pot. Every tribe, village and hamlet in Nigeria are represented in Kaduna.''

He continued: ''We must turn this aggression into development. If we don't solve Nigeria's problems, it will destroy this country.''

Speaking on the book, Awoniyi said:''Religion is about God. When people decide to do for God what God is supposed to do for man, it becomes a problem.

''We cannot fight for God. It is an abuse of God and the concept of God to try to defend God. We should wait and let God defend us. If God is God, let him fight for himself.

''We must continue to think about where we go from here, what we do, with the information that is provided in the book and the instances of the forensic evidence provided in the book.

''We must go back to those values and ideals. When the masses are educated, they will be able to decide effectively what they want to engage it without being coerced into any untoward action.

''Education is the only basis by which sustainable economic development and growth can be effected in Nigeria.''

On his part, Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka lamented the fact that many Nigerians have Soyinka lamented the fact that many Nigerians have ''paid the ultimate price'' because of religion.

His words: ''The innocent ones are the ones who often pay the ultimate price in religious crisis. Even religious leaders cannot denounce the murdering acts of religion.

''Religion now induce trauma and anxiety instead of solace that it claims to give. Religion is the ironic product of human inadequacy.

''There is a monster always waiting to pounce on innocent Nigerians under the name of religion.''

https://www.naij.com/1082504-dare-awoniyi-warns-nigeria-abandon-north.html
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by Rick9(m): 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
I wonder why some Nigerians find it difficult to read. Read the contents before spewing trash uh.
Re: If The North Bleeds, Nigeria Bleeds - Dare Awoniyi Warns Southerners by orunto27: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
The North should NOT bleed southwards beyond Rivers Niger and Benue and The Confluence!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Wins All Eight Seats In Bayelsa LGA Elections / Breaking: Court Grants Melaye Bail On Ground Of Ill-health / Okonjo-iweala Highlights Six Economic Opportunities For Nigeria, Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.