Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (404629 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Enigma(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2010
magaddai:

@Enigma, Pls i'm a newbie in this stuff. Kindly what are feeds, how can one use/utilise them with his decoder if possible. Thanx a lot. You guys are doing great job. Keep it up.

Don't worry, friend, we were all newbies at one point.  smiley

A "feed" in our context is a satellite television signal used by an operator to supply pictures/sound to stations that are far away. Let us say you are in Abuja watching NTA Abuja but NTA Abuja wants to receive a transmission from NTA Enugu; one of the ways by which NTA Enugu can send the transmission to Abuja is by a satellite feed which NTA Abuja will receive ("download"wink and transmit to their viewers.

If you want to enjoy NTA feeds and e.g. watch the newscasters while they are preparing to read the news try 27.5w on C Band; when I had it I used to be able to see the newscasters joking around or adjusting their make-up etc before reading the news.  grin

EDIT To see various feeds that people have found (most are in Europe though) try http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by microgiant: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2010
There are so many active transponders on Astra 2B, eg 12616H and V
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2010
microgiant:

There are so many active transponders on Astra 2B, eg 12616H and V
[/quote

which channel(s) did yu pick with this?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinstaiye(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2010
There is this issue of multi LNB  going on in FTA thread. A 3 multi LNB on nilesat that can enable you get Astra 2b i.e multi TV by extending another lnb  from W3A. A picture below was further analysed to buttress the point.

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2010
Our ghanian peeps,

wat is it wit d crtv promo ?.
Will they b showin all EPL matches ?,
will they stil b free afta d is 100,200 or 250 GHc ?,
or it will b monthly ?,
is their box mpeg4 ?,
can we view wit other fta box ?.
So many questions, we need answers . . .
Salamanda & co , over to u !.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2010
pofolo:

Our ghanian peeps,

wat is it wit d crtv promo ?.
Will they b showin all EPL matches ?,
will they stil b free afta d is 100,200 or 250 GHc ?,
or it will b monthly ?,
is their box mpeg4 ?,
can we view wit other fta box ?.
So many questions, we need answers . . .
Salamanda & co , over to u !.

do they air a different channel apart from the usual CRTV??
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ twinskenny,
that is part of wat i dont know.
The advert says, for boxes(decoder),
10channels for 100GHc,
20channels for 200GHc, & 250GHc for over 50channels. Does
Their box get all these channels, or is it smartcard n subscription ?.
?,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by salamander(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2010
@CRTV

With the issue of CRTV, I don't think they are that serious. They've been making the same advert more than a year ago. And apart from the CRTV they don't show any other channel.

But I will still make enquiries and find out what else do they say they can offer. EPL as you know has been the rights of DSTv only since Gateway was liquidated.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ameboperoo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
I called the costumer service of infinity tv today to make enquiry about their services. The lady who answered said their decoder is HD. I further asked if she knows I'm not asking if it is mpeg4. She said she knew and that it is mpeg4 and it is HD. I tried to beleive her. But do you know what later surprised me? She said they would show EPL & ECL. She said the decoder is already in market. She even gave me phone numbers of 2 dealers in Kwara State. Can someone confirm and feed us back?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2010
a HD 4 18k that will b a good buy.who knows it may b better than d daarsat decoder grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2010
salamander:

@CRTV

With the issue of CRTV, I don't think they are that serious. They've been making the same advert more than a year ago. And apart from the CRTV they don't show any other channel.

But I will still make enquiries and find out what else do they say they can offer. EPL as you know has been the rights of DSTv only since Gateway was liquidated.
Pofolo. This guys are the only one who knows what they're talking abt. I tried calling them via their contact numbers but no response. Will try again on Monday.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by microgiant: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2010
twinskenny:

which channel(s) did yu pick with this?

A transponder being active does not mean there are live channels on it. It simply means that the transponder turns green or whichever colour is displayed by the receiver when you hit a receivable bird.

Active transponders on Astra 2B (No Channels)

12597 H 12.999
12615 H 9.999
12515 V 9.999
12697 V 21499
12638 V 21.211
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by mecussey(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
Who can compare infinity African movie channel with Cine Afik of Multi TV?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2010
For now u can start comparing
Them, cos infinity are still
Test running. Meanwhile cineafric is full of repetition,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ameboperoo(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2010
Cineafric is free to air but Africa Movie Channel is going 2 be subscription. If u say the former is full of repetition, then the later is 2 movies since they started transmission. Can u compare?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 10:22am On Jul 28, 2010
Forget infinity
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2010
i rather pay 4 multi tv than infinity rubbish
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ all, after going thru dis tread thoroughly, i was able to track multi tv & crtv but i can't get infinity, gtv & lmtv even wit d tp's given in dis thread. Pls i need d great guru's 2 help me out. Great job
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Hopitinto(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
@all cud u guys help me wats dish settings my decoder got reset i wu d lyke 2 insert d channels bk.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
well when are u ttalking about clearity Infinity is still on top,

@Segunod.,

just make sure u hit up to Signal strength of 85% and do blind scan other channels will pop up,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 8:05am On Jul 29, 2010
@ twinskenny may God continue 2 increase ur knowledge. I did as u said & hit above 85%. I got multi tv, infiniti tv, gtv, lmtv, crtv in total of 23 channels. But dis morning, gtv & lmtv ain't showing again. What can be wrong?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2010
That used to happen sometime
Try nd check ur signal strength again,
Make sure its steady @ 85 then
U can rescan.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by selade(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
My People,

I finally nailed Astra 2B and Infinity. I'm getting all the channels except GTV and LTM TV. Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2010
Lmtv 12729v2724
Gtv 12573v2853
Yu can use the above tp
As well, gud luck
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by curiousman66: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
salamander:

@CRTV

CRTV has other channels they air, but its only limited to those that have their decoders, as to whether their decoder is mpeg 4 or not, i\m not sure about that, but since their only fta channels we are able to receive is on mpeg 2 I guess their decoder might probably be an mpeg 2 *i stand for a correction*, And one thing to note also, when you buy their decoder, you will have to pay a monthly subscription I supposed,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ejike3: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ejike3: 5:09am On Jul 31, 2010
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ameboperoo(m): 6:19am On Jul 31, 2010
@Ejike. The last 2 are Infinity Channels. The are experimenting with encryption. On those other tps, its like Canal horizon - that french DSTV rival coming to that bird. Just guessing.
BTW, what dish size did u use?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ejike3: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2010
My dish is 1m i.e Daarsat dish with Strong 4669x. Location is Abuja.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2010
Let me see if I can nail that on my 80cm
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2010
I can't receive those channel on my 80cm,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ejike3: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2010
My CRTV 70%
MultiTV 76%
The new TP is 59%
infinity is 52%

As you can see, the strength is higher than infinity. If you can get infinity, there is hope you can pick it. I used Blind scan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.