Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (404656 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2013
sauceEEP: bro help me out, i've changed my frequency and symbol rate to the new one u gave but mine is still showing red instead of green why??

Try blindscaning your your receiver. (select joy tv and while still on it - on full screen mind you, press menu, press ''ok''. Enter 4 zero's if pin number is requested. Then scroll down to blind scan and select. Press ''ok'' and press the right volume button once. And press ''ok'' again. Allow to blindscan and exit to home screen. Should be fine now.

If at the end of the day it still doesn't come on, then must probably your dish is off and needs to be re-alighned.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by babe4wealth(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
My own has worked, but i had to adjust d DISH settings with disc 1.0 set to OFF B4 it worked.

Now d problem is dat d MyTv Channels are not workin becos of d adjustment PLEASE WAT CAN I DO TO MAKE DEM WORK,THANKS
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Appliedmaths(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
R2bees: Then press menu on
your remote. Press ''ok''.
Enter 4 zero's if it requests
for a pin. Scroll down to
manual scan and press ''ok''.
Scroll down once and press
''0'' on your remote. Select
''edit''. Enter 12520. Scroll
down to ''symbol rate'' and
enter 27042.
Make sure your ''polarization''
is ''V''. I believe your signal
bar should be green by now.
Then scan by pressing ''ok''
for older receivers and ''red
button'' on newer receivers.
Exit afterwards to your home
screen and enjoy.
Regards

My guy please help me with the current satellite dish setting, iv'e tampered with mine. I got the other codes, but still can't find the current satellite profile settings to use. Waiting...
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Appliedmaths(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
olenyi:

Try blindscaning your your receiver. (select joy tv and while still on it - on full screen mind you, press menu, press ''ok''. Enter 4 zero's if pin number is requested. Then scroll down to blind scan and select. Press ''ok'' and press the right volume button once. And press ''ok'' again. Allow to blindscan and exit to home screen. Should be fine now.

If at the end of the day it still doesn't come on, then must probably your dish is off and needs to be re-alighned.

Regards.

How do I re-alighn my dish , having the same issue.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by warrior01: 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Thanks bro.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
babe4wealth: My own has worked, but i had to adjust d DISH settings with disc 1.0 set to OFF B4 it worked.

Now d problem is dat d MyTv Channels are not workin becos of d adjustment PLEASE WAT CAN I DO TO MAKE DEM WORK,THANKS

Am baffled you had to change your Diseqc settings because I believe you've been using it for long. But not to worry. If you changed the settings and it came up, then you've got to also change the settings for the mytv channels.

This can be achieved by selecting any mytv channels and going to menu, installation, dish settings, Diseqc settings. And adjust it to match the Diseqc port number where the cable coming from the mytv dish is connected to the Diseqc. (i took the liberty of believing you have two dishes- one for mytv and the other for joytv)

If it doesn't work, then adjust your dish accordingly.

Give me feed backs.

Regards.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by trinity042(f): 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
please i'm using a strong decoder here in naija , since sunday i can get multitv. pls help me with the satellite,transponder and frequency i can use
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

How do I re-alighn my dish , having the same issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

My guy please help me with the current satellite dish setting, iv'e tampered with mine. I got the other codes, but still can't find the current satellite profile settings to use. Waiting...

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by osagiemma: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pls I wld like to know if this new frequency works with SRT 4329 coz mine didn't work
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ayibatonye(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
osagiemma: Pls I wld like to know if this new frequency works with SRT 4329 coz mine didn't work
12525 v 27500 if the SR 27500 does not work use 27403

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by drmuchin: 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Bros what frequency and symbol rate did u use to track the badr 5 sat.holla me pls
Ogojohn: had fourteen channels. 9HD channels which eight out of it are MBC channels while five are SD channels. I had an SD receiver so there is no means for me to confirm of those HD channels are showing.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ellahdarrell(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
bodhizo: Change d freq to 12522
Den symbol rate to 27500
V
Try. Dis

I have tried but it is showing red. I even blind scan no way. should I twist the Lmbf
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by drmuchin: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
drmuchin: Bros what frequency and symbol rate did u use to track the badr 5 sat.holla me pls
undecided ogojohn holla me with d freq n symbol ratE abeg
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by jibikunle: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
ayibatonye: 12525 v 27500 if the SR 27500 does not work use 27403
the new frequency is 12522v 27000.try and give reply
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Odunharry(m): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2013
omo help me o,d new channels no show apart 4m d regular multitv channels.....ma supersport channels too av disappeard..tanx
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by honey001(m): 12:18am On Oct 26, 2013
Bro olenyi, i beg help a broda out, i mistakenly deleted all my channels, i re scanned, bt nt getting joy tvs like joy sport, cine afric and co, what can i do?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2013
trinity042: please i'm using a strong decoder here in naija , since sunday i can get multitv. pls help me with the satellite,transponder and frequency i can use

olenyi:

Regards.

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lucasinho(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2013
This Upgrade of a thing has done me Harm than Gud...I succeeded in delecting all my Satellites Mytv and Multi tv with Factory resetting, now if I add new satellite with specified PolaritY rate n frequencY, TRying 2 Blindscan, it wouldn't scan out any single stations Plz Help...Strong Decoder
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by babe4wealth(m): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2013
Lucasinho: now if I add new satellite with specified PolaritY rate n frequencY, TRying 2 Blindscan, it wouldn't scan out any single stations Plz Help...Strong Decoder

who askt U 2delete all Ur Channels in d first place,hope U use d new freq-12522, sr-27042 & polirizatn- V
Open up ur Dish settings,go to disqc1 settins and alter its 4settins and till signal goes Green
then Blind scan.
Mind U,Mytv channels may not work afta doin this, research is ongoing to correct it

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lucasinho: This Upgrade of a thing has done me Harm than Gud...I succeeded in delecting all my Satellites Mytv and Multi tv with Factory resetting, now if I add new satellite with specified PolaritY rate n frequencY, TRying 2 Blindscan, it wouldn't scan out any single stations Plz Help...Strong Decoder

As a follow up.

FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION PRECISELY.

Go to your dishes and carefully note the ''Diseqc port'' numbers where the mytv dish (the dish that is facing vertically) is plugged. Also note the one for multi tv ( the one facing up).

Now switch on your decoder. Press menu on your remote, ''ok'', enter 4 zero's if pin code is requested. Select dish settings.

On satellite, select 68'e intelsat 20 ku. Scroll down to Diseqc settings and change the two settings for Diseqc to the ''port number'' you noted outside for the mytv dish.

Scroll up to the satellite option again and scroll to 28.2''e astra 1N/2abd. you will be required to save or not save, select yes to save.

When you get to astra 1N/2abd, scroll down to Diseqc setting again and change the two settings to the corresponding number you also noted outside for multi tv. Exit and save.

Now go down to ''blind scanning'' and select. Select satellites ''intelsat 20 ku'' and ''astra 1N/2abd'' ( when you select, the satellite name would be highlighted with an orange colour or so). When you've selected the two satellites, press the right volume button ONCE, and press ''ok'' on ''start scan''.

Allow to scan and exit to home screen afterwards.

You are home and dry.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lucasinho(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Thanks babe4wealth n olenyi, I will try it when i reach Home...Thanks once Again!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lucasinho(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks dudes It works like Charm @olenyi which Frequency n SR is Best for MYTV, am using 12722 H 26657, with this Transponder i can't get CTL again.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by fbafunk: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks so much Olenyi for the comprehensive break down but now it takes between 5min to 10min b4 it comes up after show 'no or bad signal' is there any solution to this? Thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lucasinho: Thanks dudes It works like Charm @olenyi which Frequency n SR is Best for MYTV, am using 12722 H 26657, with this Transponder i can't get CTL again.

Try 12722 V 26657.

When you hit green, use blindscan to scan.

regards.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
fbafunk: Thanks so much Olenyi for the comprehensive break down but now it takes between 5min to 10min b4 it comes up after show 'no or bad signal' is there any solution to this? Thanks

Kindly tell me what was your problem before now to enable me know how to tackle your enquiry.

Regards.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lucasinho(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
olenyi:

Try 12722 V 26657.

When you hit green, use blindscan to scan.

regards.
That is to SaY the PolaritY shud Be Vertical not Horizontal...FanKs, 'll give it a TrY.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by fbafunk: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
@ Olenyi, all is well now thanks, I did factory reset and blind scan b4, the channels will be ok untill I power off, when I power it on again , it will all turn red and will not turn green untill I do another scanning. But it is all good now thanks it turns green now almost immediately.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by osereme234: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
olenyi:

Can some pls help with what to do.
After hearing that multitv returned on a different frequency, I have tried rescanning my 4669x decoder but haven't been able to get any of their stations or any other station. I even switched lnb & cables of my other dish with no luck.
Any advice would be hugely be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
osereme234:
Can some pls help with what to do.
After hearing that multitv returned on a different frequency, I have tried rescanning my 4669x decoder but haven't been able to get any of their stations or any other station. I even switched lnb & cables of my other dish with no luck.
Any advice would be hugely be appreciated.
Thanks

if only you would take out time to read this and the previous page.

Just blindscan your receiver.

Regards.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by simniboma(m): 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
loluc90: simply change ur symbol rate to 27000,frequency remains the same.
this symbol rate works on 4922series but not on 4669 series can anyone explain why
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olenyi: 12:51am On Oct 28, 2013
simniboma: this symbol rate works on 4922series but not on 4669 series can anyone explain why

Works un all receivers. Try 27042. Or blindscan.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.