Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in (23434 Views)

The Moment The Trumps Saw The Obamas Off To Waiting Chopper After Swearing-In / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of Adama Barrow As Gambian President / The Gambia President-Elect; Adam Barrow Is Alive - Gambian Journalist, Camara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by ephi123(f): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
onatisi:

Once he settles down in Senegal ,that is the end of the issue. Ecowas can only send troops into Gambia is there is a war going on ,then they can use the excuse of enforcing peace . But right now there is no war going on. The matter is already in court and it will be there for a very long time. There are 3 options open to barrow,one is to start a rebel movement,second is to go back to Gambia and slug it out in court with jammeh or contest again and the last option is to forget the issue

You are a real political analyst. I doff my hat.

1 Like

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Donbabaj: 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
castrokins:
#IStandWithJammeh

You Can't Declare Two Results From One Election And Expect Someone In The Mold Of Jammeh To Be Shoved About. Everyone Can't/Won't Play The GEJ Humility To Look Good.

Guy, i advise you visit the psychiatric. You need to understand that there is a revolution against long over due power intoxicated leadership all over the world most especially in African continent, perhaps you prefer innocent lives to be lost. if you see war, guy you go run!!!
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Burgerlomo: 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
pembisco:

Shatap. If he was greedy and wanted to stay he'll have made every preparation needed and the worst that can happen is what happened in Libya. How is Nigeria different from other countries that this thing happened? Just thank God he was humble enough to hand over peacefully and thats all.

You're absolutely right, even with all the visible irregularities in the votes that brought Bubu to power where an underaged cast their votes for him in the North
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Kiakia(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Zoharariel:
Swearing in to where? grin

Yahya Jammeh's refusal to relinquish power to Adama Barrow (A traitor & an Amerikan Stooge) was hinged on 1 thing only.

Gambia's Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) was manipulated by Amerika into falsely declaring Adama Barrow as the winner of the elections.

IEC had caused confusion by declaring 2 different results with the original margin of victory by Adama Barrow being 35,000 votes over Yahya Jammeh.

IEC later revised the result “on the same day” and still declared Adama Barrow the winner but narrowing down his lead by 19,000 votes out of over 800,000 registered voters.

This was what raised the red flag over the IEC’s counting competence, hence Jammeh's refusal to concede defeat.

For this reason, I stand by Jammeh for rejecting the election results.

Buhari & the Senegalese President (Macky Sall) can both swear-in Adama Barrow into their respective state houses if they like.

Perhaps, since the white house is still vacant, they can just do the needful by transferring Adama Barrow to Washington - their cup of tea! grin
Are you from Gambia? And can you tell for certainty why the result was recounted? In any event, the recount still put Adama Barrow in the lead. Jammeh should respect the wishes of his country men and get the hell out of government house.
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Ugosample(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Zoharariel:

Yahya Jammeh's refusal to relinquish power to Adama Barrow (A traitor & an Amerikan Stooge) was hinged on 1 thing only.

Gambia's Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) was manipulated by Amerika into falsely declaring Adama Barrow as the winner of the elections.

IEC had caused confusion by declaring 2 different results with the original margin of victory by Adama Barrow being 35,000 votes over Yahya Jammeh.

IEC later revised the result “on the same day” and still declared Adama Barrow the winner but narrowing down his lead by 19,000 votes out of over 800,000 registered voters.

This was what raised the red flag over the IEC’s counting competence, hence Jammeh's refusal to concede defeat.

Buhari & the Senegalese President (Macky Sall) can both swear-in Adama Barrow into their respective state houses if they like.

Perhaps, since the white house is still vacant, they can just do the needful by transferring Adama Barrow to Washington - their cup of tea! grin

When jammeh is disgraced from power, you will be one of them crying for him.
Nigerian/Ecowas forces are on standby....

1 Like

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by rafindo(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
I laugh when people sit down and begin to analysis issues without taking recourse to some factors. I strong believe that jammeh is gone for good.
First jammeh see's is loss as a coup hatched and executed by the united state over is bad human right records,and strongly have that notion as a coup.
The issue at hand is a litmus test for two countries, first been Senegal. As the only neighbour Gambia has, apart from the Atlantic .it must see justify its position as a member of the non-permanent security council. If they refuse to act in accordance with setting barrow as the president it is an indictment to their mandate and trust me Senegal must react because France is watching.
The second is Nigeria as the biggest country both in population and economy it must assert that right natural .internal problem at home those not give her that room not to influence her right at Africa.
Reasons been that failure to act decisively will greatly jeopardize her chance to become a permanent member of the security council. With strong backing from Russia and China for the post Nigeria must act in good faith to convince the Paris,London and white house that it has the situation under control,failure to act will leave south Africa come into the equation to justify some point.Au is silent for now because they believe ECOWAS will take care of it.
Secondly as the only 4 speaking English nation in west Africa Nigeria duty is to make sure that the francophone west Africa do not dictate the narrative.
Not all intervention must have economic benefit some are used to show or deter others from going against their interest.
Mark my word jammeh is a goner.

1 Like

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Plus234(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
rafindo:
I laugh when people sit down and begin to analysis issues without taking recourse to some factors. I strong believe that jammeh is gone for good.
First jammeh sees is loss as a coup hatched and executed by the united state over is bad human right record,and strongly have the that notion as a coup.
The issue at hand is a litmus test for two countries, first been Senegal. As the only neighbour Gambia as apart from the Atlantic must see justify its position as a member of the non-permanent security council. If they refuse to act in accordance with setting barrow as the president it is an indictment to their mandate and trust me Senegal must react because France is watching.
The second is Nigeria as the biggest country both in population and economy it must assert that right natural .internal problem at home those not give her that room not to influence her right at Africa.
Reasons been that failure to act decisively will greatly jeopardize her chance to become a permanent member of the security council. With strong backing from Russia and China for the post Nigeria must act in good faith to convince the Paris,London and white house that it has the situation under control,failure to act will leave south Africa come into the equation to justify some point.Au is silent for now because they believe ECOWAS will take care of it.
Secondly as the only 4 speaking English nation in west Africa Nigeria duty is to make sure that the francophone west Africa do not dictate the narrative.
Not all intervention must have economic benefit some are used to show or deter others from going against their interest.
Mark my word jammeh is a goner.

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by rafindo(m): 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Coming from the British colony. Liberia can not be seen to be British heritage
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by brainpulse: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
luvinhubby:

To you it is childish, but would not have been childish to you if he refused to hand over as Jammeh is doing currently in Gambia and throw the nation into untold crises.

My friend use your head.
Move on with life kid. Yesterday is gone, it cant come back, don't wail about it you will only grow grey.
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by luvinhubby(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
brainpulse:
Move on with life kid. Yesterday is gone, it cant come back, don't wail about it you will only grow grey.

Stop disturbing public peace, only touts do that.
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by castrokins(m): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ordinary I Wouldn't Respond To Ypur Measage But It's Important You Know You Can Make A Point Without Being Abusive.

On The Topic, Did The Electoral Officer Review/Announce New Figures From What Was Earlier Announced?

Donbabaj:

Guy, i advise you visit the psychiatric. You need to understand that there is a revolution against long over due power intoxicated leadership all over the world most especially in African continent, perhaps you prefer innocent lives to be lost. if you see war, guy you go run!!!
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
I stand by Jammeh.
Our leaders in ECOWAS are controlled by the white man and the white man are pushing for Jammeh to be removed.

Here 95% of post cannot see this.

I pray for the future of the black race if we are this sheepish and dumb.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Blue3k(m): 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
GenBuhari:
I stand by Jammeh.
Our leaders in ECOWAS are controlled by the white man and the white man are pushing for Jammeh to be removed.

The white man want to push him out to achieve what? He's a nobody on world stage. The country has massive trade deficit. The only reason it has been conquered by Senegal is because senegal has no interest. Second international commuity won't have it.

1 Like

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Many of you ave never research issues for yourself . Take the time and research Jammeh and you would understand why they want him gone. Not least is the fact that he is refusing enter deal with them the produce oil where the white man gets 95% of the revenue.
Blue3k:

The white man what to push him out to achieve what? He's a nobody on world stage. The country has massive trade deficit. The only reason it has been conquered by Senegal is because senegal has no interest. Second international commuity won't have it.

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by guychidile: 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
it is better be late than the late..., a word is enough for a wise..!
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by LePrezident(m): 5:45am On Jan 16, 2017
onatisi:

This is politics ,they have just given that barrow political asylum and that is the end of the matter ,what this means is that he is now on exile. The next thing will be the imposition of sanctions on jammeh and Gambia . Ecowas presidents have tactically and cleverly shifted the issue off their necks and each president is back to his country to face their national domestic problems
that is the worst that can happen in this case.

Very uninformed comment. Smh
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by LePrezident(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2017
GenBuhari:
I stand by Jammeh.

Plenty are mad but only few are roaming. How did you even come up with this comment? Smh
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by emi14: 5:58am On Jan 16, 2017
Zoharariel:

Who gave Jammeh ticket to contest after 20yrs in office? Did the constitution permit him life as Gambia commander-in-chief?
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by emi14: 6:03am On Jan 16, 2017
GenBuhari:
I stand by Jammeh.

Your name is Gen. Buhari. What do we expect from you if not recession even in air.
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by emi14: 6:04am On Jan 16, 2017
GenBuhari:
I stand by Jammeh.

Your name is Gen. Buhari. What do we expect from you if not recession even in air. Standing and supporting bad governance.
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by onatisi(m): 6:15am On Jan 16, 2017
LePrezident:

Very uninformed comment. Smh
Why don't u just share your own so called"informed" comment ,instead of you shaking ur head.
Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by OlaMiki: 10:01am On Jan 16, 2017
mad comment located
Zoharariel:

Re: Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in by LePrezident(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2017
onatisi:

Why don't u just share your own so called"informed" comment ,instead of you shaking ur head.

I won't respond. Go and read and stop acting like you work with ECOWAS.

You know what let me answer you so you can always refer here in case of doubt:

Adama Barrow will be led in an ECOMIG (ECOWAS Monitoring Group) convoy from Senegal to The Gambia to be sworn in on Thursday January 19th, 2017. If Yahya Jammeh tries to impede this, he will be ousted disgracefully.

Senegal raised an army for this cause 3 weeks ago and have been stationed at the Gambian border ever since. In fact some battalion of the Senegalese Army under the autorité of ECOWAS with the backing of the AU and UN are already within The Gambia. Nigeria some few days ago raised an army to ensure that the transition act of the Republic of Gambia is obeyed to the latter.

There are also indications that Ghana will be contributing a battalion to this cause. Don't just sit and assume. Nobody will benefit from letting Jammeh continue with his impunity. He would be made a lesson for posterity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union / Donald Trump's Entire Legal Team Quits A Week Before Impeachment Trial / Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.