Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow (45264 Views)

My Advice To Those Still Into MMM.. / WOW...MMM Is Paying Part 2016 Mavro...serious Matching Today...pix / MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by lonelydora: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2017
Op, hold it there. MMM must pay me my 50k ooooo. Who advice EPP?
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by lonelydora: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2017
matrix199:
It's a case of people begging a smaller fighter who has lost one or two teeth to give up, but his stubborness and low intelligence wouldn't let him. So he continues the fight with the much bigger and smarter fighter till he loses all his teeth.

Gbam
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by ifyalways(f): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Chai, Chuddy nwanne'm don hammer big time.

Indeed, Recession is just a word if you know your way with Nigerians.

Chuddy, o wum zithere gi account number m? Biko dede. cheesy And I will be your biggest e-foot soldier.
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by SuperSuave(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2017
One thing out of many things the op doesn't know: He is a fool because he's Nigerian and should have known by now that Nigerians are risk takers, how do you succeed in life without taking small small risks like this?

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by nkemjacob2(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2017
i love dat part wen u say is not ur money.. pls back ofr
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Richie001(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2017
Have been match..expecting the payment today
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by ideology(m): 8:15am On Jan 16, 2017
SAVE A SOUL (SOS)

MMM is SCAM

THAT IS THE FACT
mrkels:
Its your spare money - I know .

I have to mind my business - I know .

Its not my money - I know .

My opinion wont bring down the price of dollar in the market - I know .

I am Anti - MMM - I know .

I dont want you all to progress - I know .

Together you can change the world - I know

But my good people of God . I also know that if you walk into any bank to pay money into any1's account tomorrow monday morning , that money would never come back to you . this i promise you .

The only way MMM can come back to life is if The number 1 guilder Ugorji starts PH-ing his own personal money .

One guilder told me GH sometimes gets to 600M or more .

Imagine who would bring money to fill that bucket ? Me ? You ? Ugorji

Even if you place a gun in my head i would not put any money in the system .

Count your losses and move on .

Nigerians do it a lot , its just sad now that we are doing it to ourselves now .

1 Like

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Hanny042: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2017
Mr hate campaingner continue ooooo, how many if your banks have giving you soft loans and low interest rate pls tell and when have you being in need of funds and they give to you Before you open your dirty mouth and talk rubbish. Idiots

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by abfan(m): 8:23am On Jan 16, 2017
mrkels:

I am Anti - MMM - I know . No

But my good people of God . I also know that if you walk into any bank to pay money into any1's account tomorrow monday morning , that money would never come back to you . this i promise you .

The only way MMM can come back to life is if The number 1 guilder Ugorji starts PH-ing his own personal money .

Nigerians do it a lot , its just sad now that we are doing it to ourselves now .

The time and effort you just wasted writing this, if you put into your life you won't be were you are today.
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by lewizylee(m): 8:23am On Jan 16, 2017
*Summary of Guider meeting with Mr Andrew*

*Mr Andrew* matching only for people with small amounts for now
*Mr Andrew* we have implemented alot of changes in PO, call center, promo tasks, change of guider button
*Mr Andrew* I think it's very important we spread info that we have started paying people

*Mr Andrew* it's very important to pH whatever amount
*Mr Andrew* but if everyone can pH 10k each, it will really help d community
*Mr Andrew* there's still some modifications

*Mr Andrew* about fake POP, I think now it will be able to be checked and resolved faster
*Mr Andrew* all these fake POP will be gone in a matter of maximum 2 weeks

*Mr Andrew* the system has already started, people will be getting GH and soon everyone will get
*Mr Andrew* what's participants reaction to all this, d slow match for GH?

*Mr Andrew* I hope I will have more news by monday
*Mr Andrew* we are working to make d system more sustainable

*Mr Andrew* I hope I will have more news by monday

*Mr Andrew* I hope we will have more updates by Wednesday

*Mr Andrew* if something important comes up I will inform u b4 then

*Mr Andrew* am very thankful for everything u guys are doing to push d community forward
*Mr Andrew* bye
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by whirlwind7(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2017
tonex2:
the problem with Nigeria is that the population is too much.......

Actually, high population density is an asset when you have a functional government. What do you think contributed to making China the powerhouse it is today?

Things that work elsewhere, and viewed as an asset, doesn't work in black Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Iheazy(m): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2017
Imoy:
There is one thing you dont know OP

You dont know that you are very stupid to think your opinion matters.

His stupidity has no bound...
I have 22million PH in the system still now matching is going on but k haven't been merged.. I think this OP is notin but a broke dam ass... SEND ME UR ACCT , WO U WOULD KIP SHOUT..

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by deetomee: 8:43am On Jan 16, 2017
mrkels:

Oga it is easy to criticize what you don't know and its modus operandi. You have succeeded in writing nonsense.

For those participants, MMM has 3 million registered members. Where 2.5million out of the lot PH 20k or even perhaps 10k each, it is enough for everybody to get their money out and still sustain the system. @ 20k PH each that is 50billion Naira; @10k PH each that is 25billion Naira.

You are there vomiting nonsense about 600million. Are your eyes open now?

Dear participants the survival of MMM is in your hands and my hands. Together we change the world.

A responsible individual and engaged person will not wake up to create chaos everywhere. Naira land is a dead zone. Capitalizing on MMM to get traffic. Shame on you SEUN.... you are disgusting. All these for your personal gain right? Mtcheeeew

6 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Kakamorufu(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2017
oladipo322:
am still waiting to be match oooooo
same here too

1 Like

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by dondavinchi(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2017
Y not leave does participating on d scheme alone is it ur fathers money rubbish ,am a participant n I go payed last week n I hv also ph MMM pays

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by dajebeedrys(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2017
Nairaland is so useless now. shior

1 Like

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by free2blast(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2017
mrkels:

I'm an idiot - I know .

I'm not reasonable - I know .

I like poking my nose into what does not add value to me - I know .

I am Anti progress - I know .

I dont have a job other than spewing gibberish online - I know .

Thank God you know.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Jolaoshot(m): 8:50am On Jan 16, 2017
mrkels:

Get a f*****g life dude!
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by adefizzy(m): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2017
Everybody does what pays them, nairaland is actively promoting articles against MMM in order to gain more traffic, bloggers are actively writing against MMM to gain cheap popularity, financial institutions are seriously sponsoring bloggers to write against MMM cos they understand that a stronger MMM means a weaker business for them.

WHILE we, the MMM citizens, keep smiling cos we understand what this game is all about.

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by deetomee: 8:54am On Jan 16, 2017
dajebeedrys:
Nairaland is so useless now. shior

This place is bleeped bro. Its a dead zone. When someone is seeking for relevance this is what you get. If MMM has not disappointed them by coming back I'm sure all hell would be let loose. Thank goodness it's back and sound.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by rosalieene(f): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2017
mrkels:
History

Russia

MMM was established in 1989 by Sergei Mavrodi, his brother Vyacheslav Mavrodi, and Olga Melnikova. The name of the company was taken from the first letters of the three founders' surnames.

Initially, the company imported computers and office equipment. In January 1992, tax police accused MMM of tax evasion, leading to the collapse of MMM-bank, and causing the company to have difficulty obtaining financing to support its operations. Faced with difficulties in funding its foreign trade, the company switched to the financial sector. It offered American stocks to Russian investors, but met with little success. Later, MMM-Invest was created for the purpose of collecting vouchers during privatisation. This effort was similarly unsuccessful.

MMM created its successful Ponzi scheme in 1994. The company started attracting money from private investors, promising annual returns of up to one thousand percent. It is unclear whether a Ponzi scheme was Mavrodi's initial intention, in so far as such extravagant returns might have been possible during the Russian hyperinflation in such commerce as import-export.

MMM grew rapidly. In February 1994, the company reported dividends of 1,000%, and started an aggressive TV ad campaign. Since the shares were not quoted on any stock exchange and the company itself determined the share price, it maintained a steady price growth of thousands of percent annually, leading the public to believe its shares were a safe and profitable investment.

An important factor in the scheme's success was word of mouth, but most of the company's success came from its extremely aggressive ad campaign, which appealed to the general public by using "ordinary" characters that viewers could identify with. The most famous of them, a "folk hero" of early 1994, was Lyonya Golubkov. Another notable marketing effort was a giveaway of free Metro trips to all Moscow citizens on a particular day. MMM also was one of the first well-known companies in Russia with a logotype and slogans ("Flying from shadow to the light" and others).

At its peak the company was taking in more than 100 billion rubles (about 50 million USD) each day from the sale of its shares to the public. Thus, the cashflow turnover at the MMM central office in Moscow was so high that it could not be estimated. The management started to count money in roomfuls (1 roomful of money, 2 roomfuls of money, etc.).

Regular publication in the media of the rising MMM share price led President Boris Yeltsin to issue a decree in June 1994 prohibiting financial institutions from publicising their expected income.

The success of MMM in attracting investors led to the creation of other similar companies, including Tibet, Chara, Khoper-Invest, Selenga, Telemarket, and Germes. All of these companies were characterised by aggressive television advertising and extremely high promised rates of return. One company promised annual returns of 30,000%.[citation needed]

On July 22, 1994, the police closed the offices of MMM for tax evasion. The company attempted to continue the scheme for a few days after but soon ceased operations. At that point, Invest-Consulting, one of the company's subsidiaries, owed more than 50 billion rubles in taxes (USD 26 million), and MMM itself owed between 100 billion and 3 trillion rubles to the investors (from USD 50 million to USD 1.5 billion). In the aftermath, at least 50 investors, having lost all of their money, committed suicide.[citation needed]

Several organizations of "deceived investors" made efforts to recover their lost investments, but Sergei Mavrodi manipulated their indignation and directed it at the government. In August 1994 Mavrodi was arrested for tax evasion. However, he was soon elected to the Russian State Duma, with the support of the "deceived investors". He argued that the government, not MMM, was responsible for people losing their money, and promised to initiate a pay-back program. The amount ultimately paid back was minuscule compared to the amount owed.

In October 1995, the Duma cancelled Mavrodi's right to immunity as a deputy. In 1996, he tried to run for Russia's presidency, but most of the signatures he received were rejected. MMM declared bankruptcy on September 22, 1997.

While it was believed that Sergei Mavrodi left Russia and moved to the United States, it is possible that he stayed in Moscow, using his money to change apartments regularly and employ a group of former special agents.

Mavrodi was found and arrested in 2003. While in custody, Mavrodi was given until January 31, 2006 to read the documents in his fraud case against him (the criminal case consisted of 650 volumes, each 250-270 pages long). At the end of April 2007, Mavrodi was convicted of fraud, and given a sentence of four and a half years. Since he had already spent over four years in custody, he was released less than a month later, on May 22, 2007.

The MMM scandal led to increased regulation of the Russian stock market, but the legacy of the fraud led many to become extremely suspicious of any joint stock companies.

Stock Generation

With the help of a distant relative he started, Stock Generation Ltd., another pyramid scheme based around trading non-existent companies' stocks in a form of the "stock exchange game" on the company's site, stockgeneration.com. Despite a bold-letter warning on the main page that the site was not a real stock exchange, between 20,000 and 275,000 people, according to various estimates, fell for the promised 200% returns and lost their money. According to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, losses of victims were at least USD 5.5 million.

South Africa

In 2015, MMM began operating in South Africa with the same business model as MMM-2011, claiming a "30% per month" return through a "social financial network". The group was identified as a possible pyramid scheme by the National Consumer Commission and accounts of clients were later frozen by Capitec Bank. In response to mounting criticism and official investigations by state authorities in 2016, supporters of the South African MMM scheme staged a protest march in Johannesburg and had started up again in late November 2016.

Nigeria

In November 2015, MMM launched a website targeting the Nigerian audience, also claiming a "30% per month" return including other acquirable bonuses. The entity was self-described as a "mutual aid fund where ordinary people help each other." 2.4 million people had signed up by late 2016, with the country's unemployed as primary targets.Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has confirmed that they are monitoring the scheme. On the 13th of December, MMM announced the freezing of all members' accounts due to systems overload and the negative attention brought on by the Government and mass media, leading to wide spread panic in the Nation and even attempted suicides.[ On the 14th of December, LASEMA (Lagos State Emergency Management Agency) of Lagos State pleaded with Lagosians to dial their emergency number if they spot anyone trying to commit suicide. LASEMA took this action due to the number of suicides MMM caused in Russia

Zimbabwe

In July 2015, MMM East Africa, launched subsidiary "MMM Global Zimbabwe" targeting the Zimbabwe population.MMM offered it's participants "30% per month" return on all investments. It soon became widely popular in Urban areas of Zimbabwe, The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe warned it's citizens to stay clear of the program as it could be a fraudulent scheme. On September 2016, MMM Global Zimbabwe issued a freeze on all accounts, speculations suggest that this occurred due to a fall in number of participants. On 5 September 2016, all MMM accounts were unfrozen, and members were encouraged by MMM to continue "investing" their money, however the MMM unfreeze came with a catch; Members would get an 80% loss of their available funds should they decide to withdraw their funds.This made some participants let their funds remain in the program while others withdrew their funds to suffer an 80% loss of their money "invested". This affected 66,000 Zimbabweans and caused some economic instability.

China

In January 2016, the Chinese government banned MMM on the grounds that it is a pyramid scheme and it is not registered in the country (since a fraudulent scheme cannot be registered).
funny! see what joblessness has done to you. Just pity yourself, get a life and mind your fvckinq business
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by altitudee: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2017
welcome to Nigeria where the worst economy dwell and a whole lot of people are tribalistic, religionist, anti-anti, where ur progress is causing headache for other people...what a country...if u re not a part of system and u don't have the heart for it why discourage other people with ur fidget heart...Life is about risk...and risk is leaning...and learning is living....in life..it is either u re a Player or Watcher...Do u have the Nerve to be a Player...if not shot Up and watch
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by mancityguy: 9:41am On Jan 16, 2017
O P .. y nt jst go and hug transformer snd die..MMM is very strong...it has come back better and stronger
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2017
tonex2:
the problem with Nigeria is that the population is too much.......
it should not be a problem, it is a problem now because many have refused to think for and by themselves. The leading economies in the world leveraged on human capacity i.e China, India, America. It a blessing if only we can change how we think.
Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2017
Why are you people so obsessed with MMM?
It's clearly written that it's a voluntary donation organisation, thus participants are advised to use their spare money.
Nobody is forcing anyone to join.
The terms and conditions are clearly stated all participants know this
Stop spreading false news about something you know nothing about.
Only few businesess can survive this kind of hate publicity and clearly MMM is still standing that goes a long way to tell you how resilient the community is.
So if you're not a participant of MMM, your opinion is still respected but use your sense when expressing them.
By the way even the Nigerian economy too and everything in life is a risk so leave us alone.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Those Mmm's Paying Into Accounts Tomorrow by Emilo(m): 10:13am On Jan 16, 2017
I personally boycott nairaland from today. All mavordians do same. Rubbish, lets see who would read their advise then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Meltdown Of The Nigerian Capital Market: Causes And Consequences / List Of Nigeria Registrars And Their Addresses-updated / Man Accused Of MMM Fraud Surfaces, Says He Didn't Abscond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.