Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) (24322 Views)

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
benzics:

I know of no God!! And I am certain that all religious gods do not exist, one thing WE(ALL HUMANS) don't know for SURE is if an intelligent designer exists, you might go about saying God is eternal as if it's a fact, that's your own belief and it cannot be a fact!!

Its really odd that you would not deny that a computer requires a creator, but you insist that the human brain - a zillion times the super-computer that any man made computer can ever be: requires none.

Its really funny how you can smugly claim to be rational while making such irrational claims.

But enjoy yourself. On the inexorable day when you step out of your body at death, you will know much better.

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by analice107: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
ibtz:

Ur ignorance is so funny, i just had a good laugh. Maybe u dont undastand d meaning of Allah. Allah is d arabic name for God. Even arab christians call God Allah similar to d jewish word 'elloh'. Both hebrew and arabic are stems from aramaic. Peace unto you in hebrew is Shalom aleichim. In arabic Salam Aleikum. Just as d latins do not call God God, they call him dios, germans too hav deirs so do oda ppl wu dont speak english

Read also my post on d existence of God on page 6 (ibtz). I talked abt it dere
Can't you type from your head? must you copy and paste what your silly Imams said?

Well, in other words, you are saying allah is Yahweh? If yes is your answer, go ahead and "Say, Yahweh is God".
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
benzics:

*facepalm *

Shallow thinking as usual .

Atheism is the rejection of the existence of Gods - its basically saying there are no Gods .

You only reject a claim when it has been made .

That's why it is called A - theism .

Theism precedes atheism .

And look it up it has a history , 2,500 years ago .

People who have no knowledge of Gods are not atheists , maybe this is where you got confused .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
UncleSnr:
Can't the universe be self-existent also?

The universe is not self existent -

1. We know it had a beginning: the big b@ng and as such is not self existent

2. It changes: self existent things are immutable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

Its really odd that you would not deny that a computer requires a creator, but you insist that the human brain - a zillion times the super-computer that any man made computer can ever be: requires none.

Its really funny how you can smugly claim to be rational while making such irrational claims.

But enjoy yourself. On the inexorable day when you step out of your body at death, you will know much better.
How can you even compare the creator of a computer to something we know nothing about?

We know a computer has a creator because we've seen this computer being created, and we've seen the creator of the said computer, that doesn't mean we should go about assuming EVERYTHING were created...
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is the rejection of the existence of Gods

It is actually even the rejection of all self evident reason and logic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
benzics:

How can you even compare the creator of a computer to something we know nothing about?

We know a computer has a creator because we've seen this computer being created, and we've seen the creator of the said computer, that doesn't mean we should go about assuming EVERYTHING were created...

No my friend, even if you came across the simplest possible imitation of a computer on a barren planet like Mars, you would still logically infer that it had a designer. You would have no choice.

But you see a super computer of unimaginable capacity and you conclude that it had no creator.

What you have actually concluded is that a thing that could make computers, needed no creator itself. Funnily enough this shows you up as contradictory for God is also referred to as a thing that created us which needed no creator. Unfortunately though, we can reference your birth as the beginning of your earthly life: you cannot do same for the permanent element that is called God.

The human brain bespeaks not just design, but intricate design and purpose.
Denying that is simply living in a f.ool's paradise sorry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Shallow thinking as usual .

Atheism is the rejection of the existence of Gods - its basically saying there are no Gods .

You only reject a claim when it has been made .

That's why it is called A - theism .

Theism precedes atheism .

And look it up it has a history , 2,500 years ago .

People who have no knowledge of Gods are not atheists , maybe this is where you got confused .
a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

lack
lak/
noun
the state of being without or not having enough of something.

They were WITHOUT knowledge of God, so they LACKED belief, those who are WITH knowledge of gods, DISBELIEVE in them..
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by ibtz: 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
analice107:

Can't you type from your head? must you copy and paste what your silly Imams said?

Well, in other words, you are saying allah is Yahweh? If yes is your answer, go ahead and "Say, Yahweh is God".

Lol. My silly imams. Wow. FYI am talkin frm my head ooo. If yahweh in watever language means GOD in heaven, not jesus oo, den yes but if and only if it is GOD the creator in heaven.

I av not even insulted ur pastors oo. My silly imams. Lol
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

Simple and short: clear and evident.

I don't know how this elementary obvious fact can be so challenging for the atheist.

Let's not forget , most of them became atheists because of some emotional reasons . There has to be an emotional attunement to their feelings to properly understand their thoughts about God . Because it has absolutely nothing to do with logic and reasoning .
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by wiegraf: 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

Ah!

Allahu Akbar, I see the demon wiegraf viewing this thread!

Wiegraf bro, Happy New Year.

I bid you change thy contrary ways, and herewith conjure right thinking theism into your head.
Receive!

Allahu Akbar.

Happy New Year good ser!

It seems like you've not updated the gospel of infinitenessess. No new revelations ser?
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by ibtz: 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
benzics:

Nice logic though, but that's all it is, LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS, not facts cool

But then ur proof dat God does not exist, is it logical or fact
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

No my friend, even if you came across the simplest possible imitation of a computer on a barren planet like Mars, you would still logically infer that it had a designer. You would have no choice.

But you see a super computer of unimaginable capacity and you conclude that it had no creator.

What you have actually concluded is that a thing that could make computers, needed no creator itself. Funnily enough this shows you up as contradictory for God is also referred to as a thing that created us which needed no creator. Unfortunately though, we can reference your birth as the beginning of your earthly life: you cannot do same for the permanent element that is called God.

Wow, what if there is God, and this god also had a God?

If you claim god cannot have a God, then it's simple, humans can also not have a God, yeah humans had beginnings, what if there is a god and he had a beginning?

We reject all you say about god, because we know they are simply not true, we don't even know if there is a god..

I LOVE the simple statement of the scientists' motto: "Never take anyone's word for it."

If at all you make your statements on the stance that they are mere beliefs, we would even consider them for what they are, beliefs! But if you go about saying they are facts, then you really need to shut it!

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
benzics:

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

lack
lak/
noun
the state of being without or not having enough of something.

They were WITHOUT knowledge of God, so they LACKED belief, those who are WITH knowledge of gods, DISBELIEVE in them..

In the same vein I can call you a theist because you have knowledge of God ,therefore lacking belief in the non existence of God .
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by analice107: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
ibtz:

Ur ignorance is so funny, i just had a good laugh. Maybe u dont undastand d meaning of Allah. Allah is d arabic name for God. Even arab christians call God Allah similar to d jewish word 'elloh'. Both hebrew and arabic are stems from aramaic. Peace unto you in hebrew is Shalom aleichim. In arabic Salam Aleikum. Just as d latins do not call God God, they call him dios, germans too hav deirs so do oda ppl wu dont speak english

Read also my post on d existence of God on page 6 (ibtz). I talked abt it dere
Wait, Which God are you going to proof? Allah who never showed himself to Muhammed and never spoke to anyone else apart from Jibril, or which God?

will you invoke Jibril to help you proof that allah exists?

Let me explain something to you, the word 'God'
is a common noun, not is not a personal name of any deity. Every Deity have its personal name.
So, you saying because the arabs call allah god means allah is indeed supreme, you are way slow.

The arab god has a name, allah it is, Christians and Jewish God have a name, and it is Yahweh.

do not deceive yourself to believe the two are one, they are not.

They were Christians and Jews in the Arabic Peninsular before Muhammed was even born. They were worshipping Yahweh wen Abdullah his father served as a high priest to allah and his daughters, allat, manat and uzah.

Muhammed grew up and killed other high priest of other gods and destroyed the idols from the Kaaba where the image of allah was also kept, and made his household idol god over all others, those Christians and Jews never worshipped allah, they worshipped Yahweh. They never went into mosques to worship Yahweh.

Keep telling yourself silly stuff.

Why did muhammed command you muslims on his dead bed to kill every Christian and Jew?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
ibtz:

But then ur proof dat God exists, is it logical or fact
Am not making any claims, did you hear me say "god exists"?
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by wiegraf: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

"Who designed god's brain?"

Asked wiegraf for the umpteenth time
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

In the same vein I can call you a theist because you have knowledge of God ,therefore lacking belief in the non existence of God .
A theist believes there is a God who made and governs all creation.

So you can't call me a theist because I don't believe in God!
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by analice107: 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
ibtz:

Lol. My silly imams. Wow. FYI am talkin frm my head ooo. If yahweh in watever language means GOD in heaven, not jesus oo, den yes but if and only if it is GOD the creator in heaven.

I av not even insulted ur pastors oo. My silly imams. Lol
Oga, Which God are you going to proof to the atheists is what i asked? Stop rambling and answer my question.

muhammed heard of allah from Jibril, after muhammed died, Jibril disappeared with allah, till today no one has ever heard from allah or Jibril again. So, Which God do you want to present to these atheists?
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
wiegraf:

"Who designed god's brain?"

Asked wiegraf for the umpteenth time

God does not and cannot have a brain, such as humans would have, as God is intangible.
Mind you, the beings that designed our physical bodies might have brains.

Wiegraf, have you repented of your mystical ways as per my satanic conjurations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by ibtz: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
analice107:

Wait, Which God are you going to proof? Allah who never showed himself to Muhammed and never spoke to anyone else apart from Jibril, or which God?

will you invoke Jibril to help you proof that allah exists?

Let me explain something to you, the word 'God'
is a common noun, not is not a personal name of any deity. Every Deity have its personal name.
So, you saying because the arabs call allah god means allah is indeed supreme, you are way slow.

The arab god has a name, allah it is, Christians and Jewish God have a name, and it is Yahweh.

do not deceive yourself to believe the two are one, they are not.

They were Christians and Jews in the Arabic Peninsular before Muhammed was even born. They were worshipping Yahweh wen Abdullah his father served as a high priest to allah and his daughters, allat, manat and uzah.

Muhammed grew up and killed other high priest of other gods and destroyed the idols from the Kaaba where the image of allah was also kept, and made his household idol god over all others, those Christians and Jews never worshipped allah, they worshipped Yahweh. They never went into mosques to worship Yahweh.

Keep telling yourself silly stuff.

Why did muhammed command you muslims on his dead bed to kill every Christian and Jew?

Lol. Muhammad neva commanded anyone to kill every jew or christian, .dis ur lies and ignorance sef na wa oo ehn. D God of Abraham is the God of Muhammad.

Believe it or not. D God dat created Abraham is the God dat created Muhammad and as muslims we worship God alone. Feel free to think watever. There is no compulsion in religion

Pls where is d image of Allah. Lol
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

It is actually even the rejection of all self evident reason and logic.

Its funny they claim to be rational about this rejection of self evident reason and logic from a brain which they suppose came from unguided random processes .

How can they confidently rely on it ?
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
benzics:

A theist believes there is a God who made and governs all creation.

So you can't call me a theist because I don't believe in God!

Oh no ! As far as you have knowledge of this God , you are a theist . To be lucid : you are an implicit theist . You don't need to consciously and explicitly accept Its existence . Having a knowledge or idea of deities is enough to make you a theist .
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
wiegraf:

Happy New Year good ser!

It seems like you've not updated the gospel of infinitenessess. No new revelations ser?

There have been a lot of revelations and I will issue them soon in my Holy Salad.

JackBizzle:

WORDS ARE FOR THE SALAD! THE WORD SALAD!!!

DEEPSIGHT 3;19

Deepsight walked amongst his disciples and preached to them- "I am the salad of life and whosoever eateth of me shall be blessed with the verbosity of spoken word". Then, his disciples asked "Is this true? Can we be blessed with the gift of the word salad?". Deepsight replied thus- "the salad is open like the gates of heaven towards its righteous communicants; it accepts whosoever believeth in its sophistry."

Then Deepsight told his disciples to start speaking in tongues. As they did, he started walking on air. And his disciples rejoiced thus "we have a great prophet that walketh on air". But then, Deepsight corrected them; "I walketh not upon the air but upon the spoken word of your saladified speaking in tongues". And his disciples rejoiced further "we have a great prophet for where Jesus walketh upon water, he walketh upon words".

And from that day Deepsight was known as the "word walker". Praised be his salad.
https://www.nairaland.com/3466792/deepsight-true-esoteric-knowledge-god/3#51777047

I received the calling from Mr. Bizzle and as such I will write.

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by wiegraf: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

God does not and cannot have a brain, such as humans would have, as God is intangible.
Mind you, the beings that designed our physical bodies might have brains.

Wiegraf, have you repented of your mystical ways as per my satanic conjurations?

So how does god function?

If it's intangible it might as well just be an abstract construct, no?

Or are you saying it's intangible and has a will. If so, how?

As for the last bit, do you refer to my travels to other realms? Are you the Winchie that's been hampering me?

1 Like

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its funny they claim to be rational about this rejection of self evident reason and logic from a brain which they suppose came from unguided random processes .

How can they confidently rely on it ?

@ the bold: Now that is a truly super question Mr. Ebuka!
Very well framed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

No my friend, even if you came across the simplest possible imitation of a computer on a barren planet like Mars, you would still logically infer that it had a designer. You would have no choice..

I employed this same reasoning with Dalaman . If life gets obliterated on earth , how can aliens tell intelligent life did exist on earth ?

Complex intricate systems , functional and designed , each with its own purpose !

Bingo !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by wiegraf: 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
DeepSight:

There have been a lot of revelations and I will issue them soon in my Holy Salad.

https://www.nairaland.com/3466792/deepsight-true-esoteric-knowledge-god/3#51777047

I received the calling from Mr. Bizzle and as such I will write.

cheesy

But do the research man. Take the plunge, write a book. Oneness knows you've got the lyrical skillz
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by analice107: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
ibtz:

Lol. Muhammad neva commanded anyone to kill every jew or christian, .dis ur lies and ignorance sef na wa oo ehn. D God of Abraham is the God of Muhammad.

Believe it or not. D God dat created Abraham is the God dat created Muhammad and as muslims we worship God alone. Feel free to think watever. There is no compulsion in religion
Hahahahahahahahaha. O yeah? So which Deity are you going to present to the atheists?
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by benzics(m): 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh no ! As far as you have knowledge of this God , you are a theist . To be lucid : you are an implicit theist . You don't need to consciously and explicitly accept Its existence . Having a knowledge or idea of deities is enough to make you a theist .

HopefulLandlord, hahn

Is this guy trying to redefine theism like he equally tried to redefine atheism?

Ebuka, nawa for you o...

the·ism
ˈTHēˌizəm/
noun
belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in one god as creator of the universe, intervening in it and sustaining a personal relation to his creatures.

Theism is far from being the knowledge of Gods.. Because belief ! = knowledge shocked

Unless you are saying knowledge of the god idea, and that is not what theism entails!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by analice107: 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
ibtz:

Hahahahahahahahaha. O yeah? So which Deity are you going to present to the atheists?.
Re: What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) by DeepSight(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
wiegraf:

So how does god function?

If it's intangible it might as well just be an abstract construct, no?

Intangible things are no less real. Is time not real? Is it tangible?

Or are you saying it's intangible and has a will. If so, how?

The will of God is not as you might imagine human will.

Think of it this way: it is simply the outward emanation of that which cannot otherwise but be: and the laws of God are simply the naturally occurring consequences of the existence of the permanent element referred to as God.

You might understand it as a magnet and its poles. Does the Magnet have a will to attract or repel things?

This is why as a Deist, I do not regard God as making special interventions in our reality. There are beings that do so, but God itself is beyond all that.

Thus when I do pray, which is rare, I address also the spirits of the air and the elements.
As for the last bit, do you refer to my travels to other realms? Are you the Winchie that's been hampering me? [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.