Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. (26403 Views)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2017
ToriBlue:
Why did you do only court wedding? Abi recession hit you so hard tongue.
How that one take concern you? Na your wedding? angry
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
freecocoa:
How that one take concern you? Na your wedding? angry
See vexing o tongue
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
ToriBlue:
See vexing o tongue
You wish I was vexing. Me wey even suggest make we no buy new clothes for the wedding sef, see you.undecided
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
freecocoa:
You wish I was vexing. Me wey even suggest make we no buy new clothes for the wedding sef, see you.undecided
Why you no go suggest am? When you don already carry belle before wedding tongue
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Timbuktuo: 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
freecocoa:
Lol, someone is grown to be talking about compromise. That's great.tongue

Reparation? What did I do wrong in the first place? grin

I'm naming my first child(boy or girl) after me.

Absence of evidence isn't equal to evidence of absence. I'm as reasonable as they come, I'm just a reasonable militant.

Non-invitation. angry

Eww, how dare you name a boy FreeCocoa, maybe RawCocoa sha. grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
ToriBlue:
Why you no go suggest am? When you don already carry belle before wedding tongue
Lol, I swear I for like am die. I for get that pregnancy glow in my wedding pics.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Absence of evidence isn't equal to evidence of absence. I'm as reasonable as they come, I'm just a reasonable militant.

Non-invitation. angry

Eww, how dare you name a boy FreeCocoa, maybe RawCocoa sha. grin
I hear you. undecided

Wait till its our anniversary, then I'll invite you.

Lol, no be only raw cocoa. You don't know the name jor.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Timbuktuo: 10:30am On Feb 12, 2017
freecocoa:
I hear you. undecided

Wait till its our anniversary, then I'll invite you.

Lol, no be only raw cocoa. You don't know the name jor.

Why you come bend mouth, you drink agbo?

I will hold you to your word, woman.

Of course, I do. It's FreeCocoa.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MarieSucre(f): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Fabulocity:
Then you were never really a feminist...
Because a real feminist would always stand by her beliefs no matter what and wouldn't renege on them, especially for a marriage proposal from some man.

Like someone commented above, maybe you were just a feminist because the single life was frustrating you embarassed

This is a very wrong and harmful thing to say. Many people take up a cause for various reasons. We are not all automatons that must all act and believe the same way.
Some women's feminism is fighting for their daughters to go to school, even when they themselves are housewives.
Some women allow their daughters to wear trousers after years of body shaming them into wearing skirts because of societal version of modesty.
Some, could be just supporting their daughters to put off marriage for a while to support their educational advancement or careers.
Its important that we as women support each other and our decisions, as long they don't hurt the fight for female liberation.

freecocoa dear best of luck. I hope he's a catch. We dey wait for invitation.

P.S are you on BBM. Always wanted to chat with you. If yes. Pls pm me your pin. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MarieSucre(f): 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Fabulocity:
Because a real feminist would always stand by her beliefs no matter what and wouldn't renege on them, especially for a marriage proposal from some man.

Like someone commented above, maybe you were just a feminist because the single life was frustrating you embarassed
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MarieSucre(f): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yikes
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MarieSucre(f): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Mynd44:

There are guys who love feminists.

I for one am a male feminist so I see the joke.

#MenAreScum

Nope. I disagree with you. Certain men, in fact certain people with certain regressive mindsets are scum. I have had the pleasure in my a little over 2 decades of life to meet some very supportive men, who have empowered and fuelled this fire in me.

Its important that we are not divisive. For every guy that spouts misogynistic bullshit and victim blames, there is another guy that stands and say " No this is not right".

So please, keep doing what you do, but with civility and inclusiveness.

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MarieSucre(f): 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
Fabulocity:
Lol I've never really stood by/believed in this whole feminism trend, although I admire Adichie's interpretation of feminism. Most feminists today are just angry women on an oestrogen fuelled rage who aren't even sure of what they want. The concept of gender equality is very noble, but completely unattainable.
But thinking about this, you are just being very sacarstic. You're still very much a feminist. Lol.

Most feminist are angry people and that's your problem?! Not "why" they're angry but that they're angry??

Smh
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Mynd44: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
MarieSucre:

Nope. I disagree with you. Certain men, in fact certain people with certain regressive mindsets are scum. I have had the pleasure in my a little over 2 decades of life to meet some very supportive men, who have empowered and fuelled this fire in me.

Its important that we are not divisive. For every guy that spouts misogynistic bullshit and victim blames, there is another guy that stands and say " No this is not right".

So please, keep doing what you do, but with civility and inclusiveness.

Men are scum is a joke na

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by FTBOY: 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
tamuno! grin grin

mynd44 calls himself a "male feminist"...hahahaha! gringrin grin grin
no wonder! this explains a lot but i won't go further before he bans me till next year.

Jesus Christ! WTF! grin

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by khiaa(f): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2017
Truckpusher:
cheesy

Happy Easter smiley
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Jman06(m): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
As for me, i love the feminists! Feminists are those ladies who can hold their own and not accept to be a slave to any man. I honestly admire that quality in a lady provided she is not generally disrespectful and wicked.
It is a turn off for a lady to be a man's puppet and live at his mercy. A big turn off!

5 Likes

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
freecocoa:
So I finally got a marriage proposal after all these years, and the condition that he marries me is, that I denounce feminism, so my people, here I am to.....

1. State that I, freecocoa 1 of igboland(well known former feminist, world over), is no longer a feminist. cry

2. Remove myself from every feministic activity, I will neither be seen nor heard wherever the word "feminist" exists.

3. Warn every and any feminist on this platform to never quote nor mention me, ever, as I have no business with them as does light and darkness.

4. Say that henceforth, all opinions of me, shall be as that of a virtuous women. I shall be known and addressed as "Ezi nwanyi nke di uko"

5.Apologise for ever being a feminist who thought it wasn't okay for a man to cheat on me, silly me.

And lastly, Ask you all to pray for/wish me luck on my impending nuptials, please pray especially that the spirit of feminism never locates me again.

I hope I'm able to finally keep this one, yay.grin

Thank you all.

This is hilarious, i'll tell bae too.... grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
freecocoa:
So I finally got a marriage proposal after all these years, and the condition that he marries me is, that I denounce feminism, so my people, here I am to.....

1. State that I, freecocoa 1 of igboland(well known former feminist, world over), is no longer a feminist. cry

2. Remove myself from every feministic activity, I will neither be seen nor heard wherever the word "feminist" exists.

3. Warn every and any feminist on this platform to never quote nor mention me, ever, as I have no business with them as does light and darkness.

4. Say that henceforth, all opinions of me, shall be as that of a virtuous women. I shall be known and addressed as "Ezi nwanyi nke di uko"

5.Apologise for ever being a feminist who thought it wasn't okay for a man to cheat on me, silly me.

And lastly, Ask you all to pray for/wish me luck on my impending nuptials, please pray especially that the spirit of feminism never locates me again.

Thank you all.

IS THIS A PROOF THAT FEMINISTS DON'T NEED EQUALITY, THEY ONLY NEED MEN IN THEIR LIVES??

TRAITOR. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by calliope(f): 8:04am On Apr 02, 2018
freecocoa:

Thank you all.
""grin""

You're kidding, right? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by mhizsuzzy(f): 8:49am On Apr 02, 2018
freecocoa:

Thank you all.

you are giving feminism a bad name. feminists are not frustrated women who are single. they are women who believe in a cause and willing to fight for that. feminism doesnt mean that u wont be submissive to a man. it means a man should know ur worth and value you, and doesnt give u the platform to disrespect them. Feminist like malala of Pakistan advocates for rights of women example voting right, driving right and girl child being a intimacy gadget, early marriage and not what u think. Because women values were seen as nothing but something to trod on

I am a feminist but not one agitating for equal rights on everything but on certain things. Feminism has not blinded my eyes to see that in life some are more favoured than others. Creation offered men more advantages over women but gave women more power over men. But we are seeking out for that advantage leaving behind the power.

So biko if u dont know what feminism is, dont give it a bad tag.

I guess u are an extremist or chauvinist and not a feminist. Better define who you are properly.

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

you are giving feminism a bad name. feminists are not frustrated women who are single. they are women who believe in a cause and willing to fight for that. feminism doesnt mean that u wont be submissive to a man. it means a man should know ur worth and value you, and doesnt give u the platform to disrespect them. Feminist like malala of Pakistan advocates for rights of women example voting right, driving right and girl child being a intimacy gadget, early marriage and not what u think. Because women values were seen as nothing but something to trod on

I am a feminist but not one agitating for equal rights on everything but on certain things. Feminism has not blinded my eyes to see that in life some are more favoured than others. Creation offered men more advantages over women but gave women more power over men. But we are seeking out for that advantage leaving behind the power.

I guess u are an extremist or chauvinist and not a feminist. Better define who you are properly.
Take a sip of cold water, that should help you calm down, after which i suggest you read that post again, this time, try to find the sarcasm therein.

3 Likes

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

IS THIS A PROOF THAT FEMINISTS DON'T NEED EQUALITY, THEY ONLY NEED MEN IN THEIR LIVES??

TRAITOR. undecided
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 12:14am On Apr 15, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TRAITOR. undecided
Tah! Who know you na?
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2018
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by willibounce1(m): 12:00am On May 21, 2018
The wonderful work of intense pennising... cassava is wonderful. It resets brains of lost females
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2018
freecocoa:

Thank you all.

Can't believe that's a condition for getting a proposal.
Seems you were desperate or no true feminist will drop the feminism ideology /agenda because of marriage not to talk of a proposal.

You were a fake one. Any man that hates feminism Hates women TBH
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 13, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

Kettle calling kettle black.

My dear, you also are a fake feminist.

The word submission doesn't exist among white feminists, it should be same with you.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TRAITOR. undecided

Imagine

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by deuzgreat: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
freecocoa:

4. Say that henceforth, all opinions of me, shall be as that of a virtuous woman. I shall be known and addressed as "Ezi nwanyi nke di uko"

Thank you all.
Fake asssss femininistic element
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
freecocoa:
Lol, he's not a NLer, he just knows I love NL.
Hi it's almost 2 years now. How does being married feel
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by trutht828: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2019

And most feminists, if not all, became feminists because they were angry, single and unable to keep a man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything / Woman Who Gave Birth To Quadruplets After 15 Years, Celebrates Their Birthday / A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.