Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts (868 Views)

Man Killed By NAF Jet In Adamawa (Graphic Photos) / Boko Haram Kills Nine Near Bombed Borno Camp / Military Refutes Claims Of Mutiny In Borno Camp- (photos Of Soldiers & Superior) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by ayindejimmy(m): 4:36am On Jan 19, 2017
One of the Internally Displaced Persons in Rann, Borno State , who survived the accidental bombing of the camp on Tuesday, said the Nigerian Air Force fighter jet involved in the operation dropped bombs on the camp three times .
Abdulwahab Adam , who spoke to
The PUNCH at the General Hospital, Maiduguri , the Borno State capital, where he was receiving treatment for injuries sustained in the attack , on Wednesday , said , “ The bombs were dropped on us thrice and there was no way a mistake could be made thrice .
Tragedy had struck on Tuesday, when a fighter jet involved in the counter- insurgency operation in the North -East, fired at aid workers , soldiers and displaced persons in error , killing no fewer than 100 persons on the ground.
Aid workers confirmed to have been killed in the bombing included the officials of Doctors Without Borders ( Medecins Sans Frontieres ) , International Committee of the Red Cross and some refugees .
“ There was nothing accidental about the attack and it could not be referred to as a mistake .
“ The Federal Government should stop telling Nigerians that it was a mistake ; for this was not . It was nothing but an unprovoked attack on a civilian populace .
“ This was not a new camp and the attack happened when people queued up to receive humanitarian materials .
Another victim of the attack , Abba Yusuf , believed the NAF had to explain what led to the attack .
He added , “ This is the same force that told the world that they did not drop the bomb on insurgents in the Sambisa Forest because of human shield but weeks later , dropped bombs on unarmed civilians in an IDPs ’ camp .
“ Could they have been blindfolded to know that we were in a queue and we were unarmed or could they have mistaken the IDPs camp for the haven of insurgents?”
One of the people, who trooped to the hospital to visit their relatives who sustained injuries in the attack , Yakubu Hassan , said , “ This is really unfortunate . I came to the hospital to get information about my brother , Babangida Hassan , only to be told that he was killed in the attack .”
He said his brother was a 35 year-old ad- hoc worker with the Nigerian Red Cross.
He asked President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that the “ negligent ” pilot was brought to book .
He lamented that the deceased left behind two wives and over 30 other dependants .
“ How do you want them to be taken care of now ?” he asked .
Meanwhile , the Federal Government dispatched a high-powered delegation , led by the Chief of Staff to the President , Alhaji Abba Kyari , to condole with the government and people of Borno State and the international aid agencies affected in the attack .
In the delegation were two ministers – retired Brig . Gen . Mansur Dan Ali ( Defence ); and Alhaji Lai Mohammed ( Information and Culture) .
Others are the Chief of Defence Staff , Gen . Abayomi Olonisakin ; the Chief of Army Staff , Lt. Gen . Tukur Buratai ; and the Chief of Air Staff , Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar .
Kyari delivered the government ’ s message to the state Governor , Kashim Shettima ; the Shehu of Dikwa , Alhaji Mohammed El -Kanemi, and the injured international aid workers at the hospital .
He said , “ We are in Maiduguri at the instance of President Buhari to come over and condole with the people and government of Borno State over the unfortunate air strike that took place at Rann town ’ s IDP Camp on Tuesday, leaving many innocent people dead and others wounded .”
He assured the people that the Nigerian Armed forces would ensure that such incidents did not occur again .
Kyari said the Federal Government would bear the cost of the treatment of all those wounded and who are receiving attention at hospitals in Maiduguri and its environs .

http://punchng.com/naf-jet-bombed-borno-camp-thrice-survivor-recounts/
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 19, 2017
Nigeria I hail thee....left enemy territory to kill innocent people. had it bn they were not exposed, they will shared innocent dead civilians as bokoharrams.

1 Like

Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by IykeChukz(m): 4:52am On Jan 19, 2017
Buhari who supposed to be with his grand children enjoying his old age came to rule at this time when his heart have been sealed against the suffering of the masses.

When did we offend him?

1 Like

Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by mykeljosef: 4:52am On Jan 19, 2017
waiting for naf excuse and denial of this
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by shortgun(m): 5:01am On Jan 19, 2017
Buhari should just resign, this is a job his mental capacity can not carry.

If this had happened in a country where human life is valued, heads will have started to roll by now.
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by tundafayaBuhari: 5:02am On Jan 19, 2017
This is not accident, please. Buhari is a wicked man, he wants to reduce burden so that he can make away with some money. Illiterate president

2 Likes

Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by veacea: 5:12am On Jan 19, 2017
3 separate times?

Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by seunlayi(m): 6:12am On Jan 19, 2017
This is serious and probably deliberate
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by MadamExcellency: 6:23am On Jan 19, 2017
He added , “ This is the same force that told the world that they did not drop the bomb on insurgents in the Sambisa Forest because of human shield but weeks later , dropped bombs on unarmed civilians in an IDPs ’ camp .

There are Bokoharam sympathisers and fighters in Nigerian Army and all other branches of government.

Shekaw and his army of insurgents are just foot soldiers
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by YesNo(m): 6:25am On Jan 19, 2017
very sad country
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by BeClever: 6:34am On Jan 19, 2017
Nigerian Army has been maiming innocent civilians in Borno since this terror way started..

All these APC e-ediots won't allow people see the devilish truth about the evil Buhari lead criminals in queue to kill all of us pretending to be leaders..

Let me recount an incident in Borno last year:

Story by a 'friend' who is a soldier;

Oneday there was a bomb blast around a busy store in Borno which claimed lives of many people.
After about 30min of the explosion soldiers arrived at the scene, spectator also gathered. The soldiers started looking for god knows what, scampering around searching for something but those standing and watching couldn't understand what they were looking for.
However, after a while the soldiers turned towards spectators in anger and started asking, who dropped the bomb with Hausa language?. They were all like, 'we don't know'.. Before you could say Jack, these soldiers signalled themselves and they all moved back some distance from all those around the scene and OPENED ****.

Ladies and gentlemen, what I can tell you all is before they left the scene without touching or fixing anything, everyone was either dead or injured..

I hate telling this story so I'm tired of typing now but, you r free to think what you like..

What happened with the IDP camp can't be a mistake, it's another attempt to kill suspected BK boys in droves who they (Nigerian Army) believe (with confirmed Intel or out of rude assumptions) missed up with displaced persons at the camp and decided to end them quick with 'minimal collateral damage' and possibly cover it up..

The plan obviously failed and the media hounds was on ground and possibly not hurt..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 19, 2017
I watched the video where the army said they have defeated bokoharam.No bomb was thrown at them.I saw bh running with their okadas and trucks.
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by ivandragon: 6:45am On Jan 19, 2017
this is/was a very unfortunate incident & despite the callousness of this regime, I seriously doubt that the bombing was done on purpose.

it was simply a sad & fatal mistake & those involved in that operation should be appropriately sanctioned.

however, one cannot but wonder if this had happened under GEJ...

the APC would have used this to get some serious political milage by disparaging & casting aspersions on GEJ.

I only hope APC & her social media acolytes can see that not all issues should be dragged to the demagoguery of partisan politics for the sake of achieving parochial & selfish aims.

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 19, 2017
Its so unfortunate.... was the plane so high not to note the cluster of building or people around the area?... Nigerian fighter jets dont do high level bombing which is mostly for war scenerios and when their is retaliation

(eg Niger delta creek bombing / sambisa bombing) are all visible low levels..

Is it not the same IDP camp choppers from world health officials fly in and out?

There is more to this than meets the eyes...

The most annoying part is, you cant trust this govt for their words.. lies....lies...lies everywhere...

Who do we believe?
Lai mohammed? Burutai?... the best bet is to go with the victims.. victims said 100 + casualties, FG says 52.
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by Jokerman(m): 6:54am On Jan 19, 2017
Jesus!!!

three times!!! .

On innocent hungry IDPs...

Buhari may Allah judge you for this wickedness... lipsrsealed
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by BVN0: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2017
I don't want to say what is on my mind before they discover dasukis 20 trillion in my account.

But this is beginning to look intentional. We need foreign independent investigators to look into this case.

Buhari and his men are not to be trusted.
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by sdindan: 7:20am On Jan 19, 2017
Terrible.
Buhari deliberately bombed the camp.
one day the whole truth will come out.
If it was a mistake the pilot would hv been a scapegoat, but here nothing.
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by highpriest4: 7:20am On Jan 19, 2017
it is now obvious that this government of buari is the nigerian nemesis
Re: NAF Jet Bombed Borno Camp Thrice, Survivor Recounts by dunkem21(m): 7:22am On Jan 19, 2017
BVN0:
I don't want to say what is on my mind before they discover dasukis 20 trillion in my account.

But this is beginning to look intentional. We need foreign independent investigators to look into this case.

Buhari and his men are not to be trusted.

You are wise bro ..

Just keep your mouth shut..

When karma is through with Nigeria, we will beg to tell the truth about Chibok girls.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Rejected Four Bills, Osinbajo Tells National Assembly.. / Photos From The Town Hall Meeting Held At Umuahia Conference Centre. / Eze Idika For Councillor Abakpa Ward 1- Recap To Former News On Hausa Man Vying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.