Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? (42704 Views)

OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by kingDarius(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2017
You just can't compare sleep (OAU) to death(UI)...
UI all d way.
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by nirmy: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2017
Whoelse if nt d dogged, cultured and ever articulate citadel of learning "Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife"

3 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Bollove: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Story...dangote attended none....but employs the best from both schools....it is not by the school...it is you!!!!
U be mumu,

Do you know Dangote had his B.sc in an Egyptian University and a very strong connect than all Nigerian Billionaires

Everybody can not be like Dangote and the fact that Dangote is a successful businessman doesn't imply all Nigerian youths should become business men ...... also Everybody can not be an academic genius .... Just find what works for you and holdup to it !!!

All Nigerians must definitely be educated , Na Must !!!!

3 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2017
Pprovost:

Can you please state those standards?

I bet by the time you state four standards(criteria),
It will UI-2, OAU-2. cool

Like I said earlier, this is the wrong time to compare the two schools.

I graduated 2002 and even then U.I was way ahead of OAU

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2017
Let both schools be fighting.. all I know is that UNILAG better pass the two. Greatest Akokites!!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by babyfaceafrica: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2017
Bollove:
U be mumu,

Do you know Dangote had his B.sc in an Egyptian University and a very strong connect than all Nigerian Billionaires

Everybody can not be like Dangote and the fact that Dangote is a successful businessman doesn't imply all Nigerian youths should become business men ...... also Everybody can not be an academic genius .... Just find what works for you and holdup to it !!!

All Nigerians must definitely be educated , Na Must !!!!
u have comprehension problems
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2017
2uung:
dude dnt mind dx guys jawe. 4 medcine u.i is beta 4 law oau is beta 4 tech(engr) oau is beta 4 science i dnt knw bt dramatic art oau is beta for archi,F.art,qts, nd oda enviromental design courses oau is beta

In other words na only Medicine U.I take pass OAU , your mumuism is out of this world
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Rapmaestro(m): 8:46am On Jan 22, 2017
UNILAG is better than the two
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2017
abejide1000:
Yes I finished from Ife, Psychology dept. 2014 set
which department were u admitted to? Engr? Geology?medicine?...
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Rapmaestro(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2017
LegendaryArnold:
Let both schools be fighting.. all I know is that UNILAG better pass the two. Greatest Akokites!!!
tell them abeg

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2017
Pprovost:

Your posts reek more of bitterness and frustration. It is very easy to see through your insincerity cool

And yours reek of bias

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by shams040(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2017
Education and research standard from B.sc to PhD (Oau)

Hostel facility (UI)

Environmental mgt and landscaping (Oau)

Aro (Oau)

Social and cultural lyf (oau).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Ximenez(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2017
zxcvb:
I'm an aluminus of UNILAG... so I will most likely not be biased .

This would have been a hard one to call if you had asked this same question 7yrs ago.

Without mincing words and any iota of doubt UI is by far better than OAU.

What made OAU great has gone into thin air. OAU right now is just a shadow of its former self.

UI on All indices is better!!
your last sentence. Do you mean UI is better than OAU in every aspect? And before you make conclusions like that, you have to state some points to back them up.

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by shams040(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Rapmaestro:
tell them abeg

Lol, dat mushroom skl. No planning at all bt I respect der business sense Sha ooooo. Owo Ni koko
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2017
WesBreezy:
#ZIKITE

*sips coke*

#Bellite

Abeg gimme small from your coke jare

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 22, 2017
Ximenez:
OAU was built after learning from the mistakes of that of UI, that's why in OAU everything is well structured and arranged . Halls of residence, academic area, School market, staff quarters etc. Unlike UI where everything is scattered.

You must be a doofus for saying this

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Ronaldinnioh(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2017
Ximenez:
The roaming about part is peculiar to all year one students in every university and you didn't graduate from OAU, because if you did, you would have known that every Tuesday and Thursdays 8am-9pm is strictly for Ser classes. So how will they make other departments uncomfortable when Ser is an elective for every department?

Go and ask about other schools. They have GS building which offer this courses(Electives SEO,SEE,SET,SER,SEL,SEM) and why must they keeping using all lecture venues without having theirs.

You are the one who did not graduate from OAU because law Students from part one to Four occupy HSLT C and Sontimes B. They occupy BOOC, Boob and Booa. My dear you are blind self and I doubt if you did attend OAU self. Ask MTH Students who offer MTH 201 and 202 which lecture theatre they normally Use? It's always HSLT C which is a Lecture venue that ought to be used by Health Science Students making them end up using Labs know as MDL's. My dear ask question and I think you are not a Student or a graduate of OAU.
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 22, 2017
Ximenez:

Or the guaranteed security of the students on campus.

Yet Africa was gunned down and hacked to death like a pig in a slaughter house.
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by whirlwind7(m): 8:59am On Jan 22, 2017
Packup:
i have spent over 2years reading posts on Nairaland most especially Educational section!....The issue which still critically needs to be analyse is The beef between the students of The two mighty vasity in Nigeria;The premier vasity of Ibadan and Obafemi awolowo university(oau)popularly known as Oba awon university...The question then is,which is the best?..base on education,social life and good educational facilities

There you go.

A seemingly educated nigga making comparison between two schools, and asking which is the "best"?

I hope you were taught in primary or basic school that you don't use the term "best" if you are comparing items less than three in number?

You either ask "which is the better school?"
Or, if you are intent on using the word best, then add at least a third institution to be compared with the others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by fiponmile(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2017
UI ni joooo

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Longman6(m): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2017
I find it difficult to reconcile the sayings of certain individuals here and the realities on ground. on what basis are you comparing UI and OAU?UI has a better academic calendar than OAU,UI is fast becoming a fully fledged postgraduate institution with an dmission ratio of 65% postgraduate and 36% undergraduate, No university in Nigeria can attempt this especially in a school like OAU where a lot of MR's are lecturers. May i add that the university of Ibadan has produced the highest number of PHD graduates some of whom are lecturers in OAU.

When it comes to lecturers-student ratio, i dont think i have to compare statistics here
I finished from Ui in feb 2015 and finished NYSC in April 2016, You should ask my mates who went to OAU how NYSC is coming on.

UI is so merit driven that the present Dean of the faculty of Law is a lecturer from OAU, this is in a faculty that has lots of professors.That is yet to occur in OAU, the present Dean of the faculty of pharmacy was formerly in OAU. My point? UI attracts the best without disregard for merit or selfish egos.

While it is difficult to compare the values of their research papers and level of social impact, i take refuge in the international university ranking that has consistently placed UI ahead of OAU.

OAU is hard,unnecessary stressful and too traditional but UI is has direct approach to learning, the lecturers are student friendly, you can break barriers in UI if you are brilliant.

Note: Nigeria's educational system is noting to write home about but i rather not put OAU ahead of UI, i think Covenant might beat UI few decades from now

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2017
shams040:

I hope you know it was proposed that U.I be turned to a post graduate university because it was the only school seen to be well equipped for such a task
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Ximenez(m): 9:10am On Jan 22, 2017
neoapocalypse:

You must be a doofus for saying this
Sorry where did you say you finished from? If you can't even have an intelligent conversation. Just look at your whole life as old as you are, instead of making your own points if you don't agree with mine you resorted to insult. It's your type that will say you finished from OAU in 1999. But I'm sorry sir with this trait you've displayed online i can tell from where i am that you are suffering from brain cancer, but don't be devastated yet because you still have to be treated of your Autism. Old pig
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2017
neoapocalypse:

And yours reek of bias

You don't even know the meaning of the word "bias" because if you do, you will reply the person that said OAU is the worst school ever before quoting me.
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Rapmaestro(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2017
shams040:

Lol, dat mushroom skl. No planning at all bt I respect der business sense Sha ooooo. Owo Ni koko
don't worry... The school will surprise y'all
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 22, 2017
henrixx:
serious and ppl be shouting upandan...he no go skool
What does it mean to be educated?
Does university degree justify someone of being educated?
If yes why do we have graduate from such institute that can't express themselves well but holders of primary six or ssce although not all can do
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by shams040(m): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2017
neoapocalypse:

I hope you know it was proposed that U.I be turned to a post graduate university because it was the only school seen to be well equipped for such a task

Bt do u knw ui Masters is nt research based. Which makes it unacceptable by oau.

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Ximenez(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Yet Africa was gunned down and hacked to death like a pig in a slaughter house.
is that the only one you can remember? How about the incessant raping of female students in the last 14 years and the constant harassment of students by cultists on campus, you know how the students are always scared of moving about in the midnight to read for the fear of being robbed.

Always looking for the few bad things to pick out, you should be wiser than this at your age, After that massacre which other one have you heard of?

Can't you see how someone highlighted his points up there? and he is right on all the grounds with which he based his comparison except that of NYSC as a lot of factors are involved. There are people who have graduated like two years ago and are yet to be mobilized for NYSC and i know of someone who graduated last year and was mobilized last year.
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2017
shams040:

Hostel facility (UI)

Environmental mgt and landscaping (Oau)

Aro (Oau)

Social and cultural lyf (oau).

Thanks bro. It beats my imagination how people will base their assessment on only one thing; comfort.

I don't entirely agree with your first point though. UI masters is the best in the country based on course work, research and calendar.
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by MMMscam: 9:27am On Jan 22, 2017
Packup:
i have spent over 2years reading posts on Nairaland most especially Educational section!....The issue which still critically needs to be analyse is The beef between the students of The two mighty vasity in Nigeria;The premier vasity of Ibadan and Obafemi awolowo university(oau)popularly known as Oba awon university...The question then is,which is the best?..base on education,social life and good educational facilities

OP when you're comparing two things, you use "better", not "best" - haba, are you not a graduate?

Anyway, as an attendee of both, i can unequivocally state that OAU is the better university of the two:

OAU bigger university
OAU prettier university
OAU cheaper university
OAU prettier girls
OAU safer university
OAU stronger students union - their aluuuta continuuuuuuuuuaaaaa no be here o
OAU better strikers - 4yrs course will take 6yrs (4yrs learning + 2yrs strike)
OAU "richer" Alumni - Jimoh Ibrahim alone is richer than all the Alumni of UI combined, plus Redeem Pastor Adeboye na OAU product. Shey u dig it?
OAU more prestigious university - Only Nigerian Nobel prize winner Soyinka has been a lecturer in the school for many years.
UI professors na winches ehh; but OAU professors na "devools" dem be

So UI people gan sidan jor, agbaya school dey drag wiv hin younger broda. OAU is better. But na Unilag i like pass, choi those girls ehn, they are too wondAssfull grin

anyway, don't forget, MMM is a bloody scam.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Fussbot: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Ronaldinnioh:

Go and ask about other schools. They have GS building which offer this courses(Electives SEO,SEE,SET,SER,SEL,SEM) and why must they keeping using all lecture venues without having theirs.

You are the one who did not graduate from OAU because law Students from part one to Four occupy HSLT C and Sontimes B. They occupy BOOC, Boob and Booa. My dear you are blind self and I doubt if you did attend OAU self. Ask MTH Students who offer MTH 201 and 202 which lecture theatre they normally Use? It's always HSLT C which is a Lecture venue that ought to be used by Health Science Students making them end up using Labs know as MDL's. My dear ask question and I think you are not a Student or a graduate of OAU.
you are educated but not enlightened. Look at the etymology of the word "university" u will know y Oau fix different venues for different lectures. Succinctly,the word university is made of two words "universe" and "city" and it means community of people amongst other things. So if you think having all ur lectures at a fixated venue is comfort, I'm glad to let you know it's against all what a university is about. U can't be enlightened seated at one place all ur life.

This is not say however that oau has sufficient lecture theatres, but even if they had, they would still make u have a lecture at 1000 seaters and the next one at PG!

UI has the "universe" (base for education) but not the "city" (wide landscape for enlightment) unlike oau that has both. Ask u I students they hardly know the name of venues at other faculties because they are always at theirs only, unlike you that knows everywhere on campus!

5 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2017
shams040:

Bt do u knw ui Masters is nt research based. Which makes it unacceptable by oau.
Really! Is that why doing masters is fast?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

HARDEST MATHS Question Ever / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / Kogi State University 2016/2017 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.