Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51819 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by APCmyheart(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs

No mind those yeye people jare, Is there MSSN in Convenant, Redeemers, etc?

Though this is Govt school and it's wrong..
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
....pls there is a difference between an association where meeting take place and a church/mosque where worship take place....i said am not in support of the said memo, its very wrong...am just saying the memo does not reflect the topic here....They cant stop christains from worshipping or churches but they can put a hold to official organization like CAN but its wrong...

Nigga! Its a step by step gradual process! Give them an inch they take a yard! If this goes through, they target church worship!

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
sincerely speaking I'm not okay with the step the sch took. But then when you look at it from another point of view, you'll discover there's nothing wrong in what they have done. There must have been issues sorrounding the announcement. Mind you, the school didn't ban Christians from practising their religion, they're only banned from forming any associations.

Would u say the same if say IMSU banned Muslim associations. Pls, don't deny the problem.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 11:27am On Jan 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

lair how many southern universities get central mosque? What happen? Does that leads to violence?

All of them! Pls travel around and alleviate urself from ignorance!
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 22, 2017
Dhotseal:

slowpoke, those are private Unis, the issue at hand is a Federal Uni being financed by tax payers.

You're the slowpoke not him. Because the university wasn't a federal university.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by laamdee: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

Really!is umaru Musa a privately owned institution. That school is a federal schol so that is bullshit. Those schools you mentioned are Christian school. If a Muslim individual establishes a school and brings that rule no problem but in a Fed school? No no no.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Gaxx01(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2017
Michel2013:

this iswhy u fail in life, always in hurry to do something without thinking when u fail u blame ur village ppl nonsense.

Dude!! Whats with the insult??
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by greatcrown: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Sue the school and enforce your fundamental human rights as entrenched in the Constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

I believe CAN and other well meaning Nigerians should be interested in this case.

With Dr and Professor getting involved in religion to this level shows that there is no future for this country.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by nafdak: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=Built2last post=53017706]Why will a University in a secular state ban freedom of Religion in school and publish their bias for all to see.

I make bold to ask, Is Nigeria an Islamic State?

Before you answer? Note. Every Federal government agency in Abuja has an original in-built mosque from inception. Name them-CBN, SEC, FIRS, University of Abuja, PTDF, FCDA, Federal Secretariat etc.

Its not a federal university, its a state owned university and they have the right to do that
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Jessestunch: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
brother that is not true, katsina does not have a large christian population, I'm currently serving in the state, Daura LG precisely, they have only 3 or 4 churches here and mostly attended by corp members. If you had talked about Kaduna, Adamawa, Taraba i would have agreed but Katsina, no no no, they're mainly Hausas and Fulanis.

The bottom line is that they have indigenous Christians in kastina whether large or small is not the bone of contention.. Stop shooting yourself on the feet
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Rilwayne001: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2017
Owning to the fact that the school is a state owned University and not Private university, this is a very bad decision. There should be freedom of religion and association, so far it won't be for the detriment of the school. The country will continue to divide should intolerant decision like this continues.

Let there be no compulsion in religion.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by nafdak: 11:32am On Jan 22, 2017
greatcrown:
Sue the school and enforce your fundamental human rights as entrenched in the Constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

I believe CAN and other well meaning Nigerians should be interested in this case.

With Dr and Professor getting involved in religion to this level shows that there is no future for this country.

Umar yaradua university is not a federal university, pls check well and see
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Laid2001: 11:32am On Jan 22, 2017
Even River state university of science and technology does not allow MSS and infact demolished the only Mosque that was in the school.

The Muslim students being Law Abiding students, went to court and won the university, Yet RSUST appealed to the appeal court.!!!

Khd95:

I passs

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 22, 2017
SIRmanjar:

We are all complaing of the religious ban only..wot of the tribal ad local govt association ban?nobody is talking about it.
That is just a veil to mask that memo and make it look as if the law wasn't meant to attack Christians. What d hell is local govt association?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by laffwitmi: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2017
They banned MSSN in Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka and other east uni...
Jessestunch:

The bottom line is that they have indigenous Christians in kastina whether large or small is not the bone of contention.. Stop shooting yourself on the feet
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by sniperr007(m): 11:34am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

Is it a private university? If so, dey can admit only Muslims but if its a public school, den its wrong.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Jessestunch: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2017
souhid:
I served in the south east(ebonyi), no northerners dear attempt to seek for an admission, he WONT be offered, come down to the north ( in state owned University ) and see how southerners are offered admission. In ebonyi state then even Muslims indigenes are not offered admission if they are Fortunate to include Muslim name in their names. Hypocrisy is in some people's gene!

What manner of lies are you spitting? I served in that same Ebonyi and it will interest you to know that Ebonyi state has the largest number of Islamic followers in the whole of the South East. They even boast of a very large Islamic school with a large well equipped boarding facilities where people all over the nation come in to study. The Islamic community that this school has attracted is so large one will think it is a local government on its own.

Then going to Ebonyi State University where my room mate was posted to, they have a very large Islamic association in that school too.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by zynellsmum(f): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
this ones you mentioned are missonary schools..but Madonna allows them worship...and it's still a missionary /private school....
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by erico2k2(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Your foolishness has CV
Covenant and Redeemers Uni are private . What has that got to do with Public/ Government University ? ?
Shyyyte 4 brains.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Jessestunch: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
Uncle know all, I'm presently in Katsina State and this place is predominantly inhabited by Muslims, unlike states like Kaduna, Adamawa and Taraba. They're mostly hausas and fulanis.

Stop supporting rubbish.. I graduated from the University of Port Harcourt and they had a Muslim student association that was operating smoothly even though Rivers State is predominantly a Christian state
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Jessestunch: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2017
laffwitmi:
They banned MSSN in Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka and other east uni...

And you expect me to believe that just because you said it.. I believe in proofs... I don't know about the schools you listed but am certain it wasn't banned in Ebonyi State University
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Owning to the fact that the school is a state owned University and not Private university, this is a very bad decision. There should be freedom of religion and association, so far it won't be for the detriment of the school. The country will continue to divide should intolerant decision like this continues.

Let there be no compulsion in religion.

And who is forcing non Muslims to accept Islam in the university that you're quoting this verse.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Zico5(m): 11:40am On Jan 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I only pity those that are insulting Igbos, there's nothing like one Nigeria.
Which ipods? Are they not the miscreants who could not channel their grievances through the right way. Those northern oligacy are more wiser than u ipods who are dying hopelessly everyday for lack of wisdom. Yoruba are wise, by the time they are ready to secede, it will be a bloodless one cos we know north and south are not the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Jessestunch: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:
Do not resort to lies just to prove some dead point.

Don't mind the liar
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Jessestunch: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

The point is that it is state owned and there is no state religion to the exclusion of another. There may be a majority of one but even the minority are guaranteed freedom of association, lawful assembly and worship by the Constitution.

I ask for the Grace that you have.. The grace to have the patience to answer ignorant miscreants that are all over nairaland without getting angry

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by nurusystem(m): 11:44am On Jan 22, 2017
just leave that school
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by decasey(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
dose schools u mentioned, r day public schools?.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by tillaman(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Religious marginalization, let them just tell the Christians to get transcription letter outta d school and they should stop offering admission to Christians then!!
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Rilwayne001: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

And who is forcing non Muslims to accept Islam in the university that you're quoting this verse.

For example: when you travel to any Yoruba state and they suddenly make a law that you not to speak your language in public, and that only Yoruba language is acceptable, isn't such a thing an act of forcing you to learn and speak Yoruba in public?

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by clevadani: 11:48am On Jan 22, 2017
What is the meaning of this nonsense. Have they simply gone mad?
How can you ban Christian organizations in a university built with tax payers money? What kind of country is Nigeria turning into?
I am highly disappointed with this present admin. When you keep silent on issues like this, it shows that you are in support of it.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Atk1nson(m): 11:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

This is a state university funded with money generated from various parts of the country. It is this level of bigotry that keeps the northern part of the country backwards
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Cityguy: 11:49am On Jan 22, 2017
I'm so vexed right now in my spirit I just don't know how to react. What are these people taking Christians for? Of what use is Osinbajo in the presidency? What of those we elected to represent us in the national assembly who see something and say nothing? Are Christians this timid in a land God gave to is all freely? We are freeborn and should not allow ourselves to be cowered. This country belongs to all of us. It's either we fight this affront from the intolerant Muslims or we remain second class citizens even in our land. This is too much. We will all die one day but it is better we die standing than on our knees. Not acting now is just postponing the evil day because whether we like it or not, it will still happen. This can't continue. Enough is enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.