Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51825 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by shineeye1: 10:59am On Jan 22, 2017
There is a dangerous trait referred to as the "arrogance of majority" which undermines the legitimate claims of the minority and seeks to hoist a second class citizenship on them. This gross inequity and injustice is the reason for clamour for self determination and secession.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2017
obbasiasa:
he clear called it federal try and read it again

And I say it doesn't change the argument. It is a public school whether federal or state-owned. Funds still come from one source ie the FG.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by whizdame(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs
are those government university THINK NA
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 11:04am On Jan 22, 2017
Meritocracy:
G.O SAGA IS ABOUT THE LAW AND NOBODY IS ABOVE LAW, VP OSINBAJO IS A SENIOR PASTOR IN THE CHURCH, HE MUST HAVE CONSULTED HIM BEFORE RETIREMENT OR STEP ASIDE. VP MUST HAVE ASK HIM TO RESPECT LAW. Why are you cnmplaing as ordinary gullible member.

Am not a member and its not about rccg. Its about d islamisation agenda. If there was no much fuss about adeboye stepping down, other churches would av followed suit. But d reaction of christians made dem to pipe low.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by teamchocolate: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
Uncle know all, I'm presently in Katsina State and this place is predominantly inhabited by Muslims, unlike states like Kaduna, Adamawa and Taraba. They're mostly hausas and fulanis.

You used words like "predominantly", "mostly"meaning there are still people of other religions in katsina even if they are not a majority.. and these people who are also Nigerians or Katsina indigenes no matter how few deserve to benefit from the university which is FUNDED by their STATE GOVERNMENT money and not a religious organisation which they are not a part of..

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Vikky014(f): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Those schools you mentioned are there fed uni?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by timilehin95(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2017

I passs

Those schools u mentioned, were they built by d government, taxpayers money or muslim community? u belong to the set of half-baked brain people who THINK with their anus

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

I reiterate it is a Katsina Problem. There is No Church in Mecca, yet there is a Church in Rome. If they say no Church? then No church. Then if you like say no mosque in our Southern States. Like I said again it is a matter of choice.

Saudi is guided by a saudi constitution that endorses only one religion. The same with the Vatican. Kastina state is bound by the Nigerian constitution; a secular one. There's a big difference. If they want religious purity, they should secede. simple!!

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
brother that is not true, katsina does not have a large christian population, I'm currently serving in the state, Daura LG precisely, they have only 3 or 4 churches here and mostly attended by corp members. If you had talked about Kaduna, Adamawa, Taraba i would have agreed but Katsina, no no no, they're mainly Hausas and Fulanis.
...are u sure, have u been to other southern LG in katsina...even borno have a lot of christains(chibok, biu etc), yobe has too and adamawa, so many....i dont think there is any state in nigeria with no indigenous christain population....
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

you just mentioned private universities here...Do private muslim universities build churches? That above is a country's university for crying out loud..
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by me69: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2017
Built2last:
Why will a University in a secular state ban freedom of Religion in school and publish their bias for all to see.

I make bold to ask, Is Nigeria an Islamic State?

Before you answer? Note. Every Federal government agency in Abuja has an original in-built mosque from inception. Name them-CBN, SEC, FIRS, University of Abuja, PTDF, FCDA, Federal Secretariat etc.

Aso Rock villa was modelled After Moroccan kings palace. With 3 standard mosques.

OBJ built a chapel in 2004 and All hell was almost let loose.

Now a FEDERAL university built with Tax payers money issues a memo making it obvious
good response from the Muslims. It is because Muslims in the north have allowed Christians to do what they want, build churches and preach everywhere and they now want to incite troubles. It's over now, all Christians should be banned from building and preaching in Muslim areas. Go to the south are Muslims given to kind of freedom given to them in the north

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2017
Good for you!

Why did they protest against a law that does not apply to them?

If a university is built with their money, they deserve every right to worship like their Muslim counterparts

obbasiasa:
that does not make the university federal owned, so if you are passing news you should not add lies to make it sweet
Yes I know that there are Christians and pagans in katsina, but they never protest nigeria constitution recognising the state as sharia state
I presently live in katsina, and even stay very close to the university
So I know what happen in katsina very well even though am not from the state
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2017
Which South?

You shouldn't be talking about what you know nothing about?
me69:
good response from the Muslims. It is because Muslims in the north have allowed Christians to do what they want, build churches and preach everywhere and they now want to incite troubles. It's over now, all Christians should be banned from building and preaching in Muslim areas. Go to the south are Muslims given to kind of freedom given to them in the north
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by teamchocolate: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
are you pained by the fact that I'm proving your points wrong or what. Do you lack comprehension skills? Go back and read the memo, check number (iv) and understand it. Leaving only MSSN means other muslim associations have been banned too. Use your head na
That's the point why leave only mssn..that is called a bias... and it is not allowed in nigeria's constitution.. it's either you ban all or ban none..
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mrmachine: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2017
Those are mission schools and this is federal school and constitution permits freedom of religion

Khd95:

I passs
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Coolgent(m): 11:12am On Jan 22, 2017
E no concern me o.
Let them stay in our s.e why karry demself to boko boys
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Do you have muslim associations in madona university,redeemers university,land mark university,convenant university and host of other christian owned universities.Some will not even give admision to muslims
They are talking of public universities not private. Private can do whatever it likes but not so with public
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

I reiterate it is a Katsina Problem. There is No Church in Mecca, yet there is a Church in Rome. If they say no Church? then No church. Then if you like say no mosque in our Southern States. Like I said again it is a matter of choice.
....saudi law did not prohibit churches but makes it clear that there wont be sign of crosses or bells to designate any church....all katsina population have a say, its that not right even there christains....There is nothing like "mattet of choice"...there are process to everything done...you dont wake one morning as do as u wish

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2017
sunmbo123:
Y'all just making unnecessary noise

When oau placed a ban on the Muslim association in their school
No noise
Are Muslims allowed freedom to worship at covenant or at Babcock

Lol
Let's call a spade a spade
They banned the Christian stuff cause if some reasons
Are you OK?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mildflame: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2017
What I like most about Christianity is there non envious and premeditated mindset yet they still continue to prosper in all things
Nigerians TRUE Christians will continue to progress no matter the challenges
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Buharimustgo: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

Were they built with tax payers money?can't u people be sensible for once?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2017
Built2last:

It is a federal university built with Tax payers money.

FYI, I left university 13 years ago. Not even my children will attend such school. Am only concerned because this is pure religious discrimination in a secular state with constitutional democracy

This prove to the world you're a lair. The university you claim to attained is state own not federal. While voicing your hatred, you mustn't lie. ok
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by komekn(m): 11:15am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

Covenant University is a private Christian University and unless Umar university is a private University the analogy you propose us not tenable.

Indeed the proposition is nonsensical and divisive in the extreme. Brings no value rather than misinformation to justify the unjustifiable.

Yaradua University is a state owned university and this discriminatory approach is 100% unlawful and cannot legally be enforced.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2017
betterABIAstate:
are covenant, redeemers federal universities? Umar musa university is a federal university and should not create a religious dichotomy.

When and where the school become federal property. Foolish lair.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
now you're shifting from "it's a Fed Uni to a Gov Uni now ba", since it's a state owned Uni i don't think there should be any problems with whatever they want.
So you're implying that other state universities can mssn in their schools right?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Let's get the facts right

Covenant University is a private University
This Yaradua University is a government University

#Modified

I had my first degree at Federal College of Education Katsina. The University is directly opposite FCT, Katsina. It was still under construction when I left Katsina

Now, here is the thing, while the school was under construction , we heard it was fully funded by the Saudi Arabia government. Katsina just gave them the land. So that could be one of the reasons for this.
The school is basically a religious school.

Christians should just avoid the school for them.

As long as tax payers money went into that school, it I totally wrong! American n british govt funded some of our federal/stte unis! Does that give anybody the right to ban islam from those schools??

Leave the school for them!!! angry

If all christians portray attitude like yours, nigeria will be islamised by 5pm today! angry

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2017
melejo:
Your problem is not difficult to decode, you lack basic approach to understanding
....pls there is a difference between an association where meeting take place and a church/mosque where worship take place....i said am not in support of the said memo, its very wrong...am just saying the memo does not reflect the topic here....They cant stop christains from worshipping or churches but they can put a hold to official organization like CAN but its wrong...
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by gloryman91: 11:18am On Jan 22, 2017
Why lying like this? Can u read well,the authority is avoiding sects up spring, so Christians should unite to Christians association.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2017
ocelot2006:

Are they FEDERAL universities?
is Umar Musa Yar'adua a federal university?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Why una dey like Formenting trouble like this? As if when d Gbege start now una go dey there? Anyways here is my take again from my previous Post.

"Exactly My Questions, If it is a FEDERAL Government University that is being funded by our Collective Tax Payers Money, So That we can take it to the NUC, NA if it is Constitutional? Then we know what to do in our Southern Universities. But if, it is a Privately owned Muslim or Islamic University you do not have a say as it is the same thing with Covenant University and other Privately owned Christian Universities"

Your write up doesn't even arise. Its a state own university.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
grin do u know there is provision for the enforcement of Sharia law in those states? We're too hypocrytical in this country. Carry your bottle of gulder or ask your babe to dress anyhow in Kano and tell them you're a Nigerian, hence, you can wear whatever you deem okay anywhere. grin
....oga i live in the core north. There sharia is not too strong....ladies still move in tight trousers but not compared to what we see in the south...they are designated place u can get alcohol of any type but they are not sold in the open....i know things are little bit controlled but contrary to what u read they dont cut off people hands....infact there are brothels but not exposed and those that care know about there locations....people that stays in the north(core) know whatsup....
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 22, 2017
MNDY:
If this was done the other way round, many heads would be rolling by now. I don't even know why they did this, could it be because the school's name is Islamic or what sef? As far as I'm concerned, this is a federal university, not a private university! RUBBISH!!!

lair how many southern universities get central mosque? What happen? Does that leads to violence?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.