Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51827 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by UgojiC(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Encyclopedia1:
I just couldn't stop laughing at some very stupid comments. So what do u think the looks of Bowen, Covenant, Madonna, Redeemers are doing? Do u think they allow MSSN in theirs schools? Pls go and get ur facts straight.

Define the difference between public and private. This is a federal (public) institution.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2017
SIRmanjar:

U dis cow you nogo go chop grass?u just dey feel like person wey dey make correkt statement here..Abi dem give u sumtin sniff dis morning?

Yes! and it is called REASON
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by VHands(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2017
This unacceptable why such decision.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Cateyes07: 10:26am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none. Answer this ? Is Umar
Musa University a private or government institution

I passs

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:26am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
do u realise there are other Muslim groups apart from MSSN in Nigeria? What should they do den? Be objectivd freeze

Objectivity requires that no religious group be excluded from gathering, period!

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by galaxy2020(m): 10:26am On Jan 22, 2017
We are talking of a federal government owned institution...... be rational.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by temmy2103(f): 10:26am On Jan 22, 2017
betterABIAstate:
are covenant, redeemers federal universities? Umar musa university is a federal university and should not create a religious dichotomy.
I was at Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka for a year and they didn't allow MSS. That is a federal university

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by SIRmanjar(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

They can inculcate sharia if they so wish but not to the exclusion of other faiths. That is tantamount to declaring a state religion which is expressly forbidden by d constitution. Is Katsina now immune to constitutional provisions? What then happens to the indigenous Christians who should also attend that uni?
We are all complaing of the religious ban only..wot of the tribal ad local govt association ban?nobody is talking about it.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

Is Christianity practised in isolation? On what basis will Christian associations be banned? Where is d fellowship of brethren if they cannot gather in peace? It's obvious u only support or even excuse ds madness because u are most likely one of them.
of course this is what you'll resort to, I've asked you in your last post what Muslims that belong to other Muslim groups do about this development. It doesn't stop other Muslim groups from observing their prayers in the mosques but prevents them from forming associations. Be objective just as you told me earlier
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by NeutralJUDGE(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2017
If them like,let them islamise Nigeria...but as for me and my fellow Biafrans,,our forehead will never hit the floor.
NOTE: Afonjas had sold their birthright to the Hausas since time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2017
Zi:

Use small Nairaland as a case in point where you have to pledge to Allah before you comment on the Muslim section but Muslims comment freely on the Christian section.
is this true?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
do u realize there are other Muslim groups apart from MSSN? What are they supposed to do then?
What is wrong, is wrong. Don't defend them. When things fall apart, you won't be spared. Condemn a wrong move.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by betterABIAstate: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2017
temmy2103:

I was at Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka for a year and they didn't allow MSS. That is a federal university
its a lie. You are a born liar

4 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2017
Osu175:

Thats still what am saying you wont understand.

they are already in the south like fulani herds men. Just watch in 10 year to come and see what dimension these fulani men ll take if we dont stop this.
I pity Christians if buhari go for a second term.
I spent more than 25 years in zaria and av seem all this coming since 2007. Where a preacher will tell is followers openly that anyone who vote GEJ has sin against allah, so it does not suprise me.

What kills me is when i read comments here and nobody take things like this serious

Bro I get and feel your Pain. The difference between us and dem is that WE THINK, THEY DON'T. That same kind of thing has been said in the SOUTH, but because of our Independent Mindset, some people no go heed your call. But out there, THEY DON"T THINK. They Just follow like their COWS.

All the SHARIA thing in the NORTH, we can Practise in the SOUTH(Not Sharia o) But our own form of Christian Doctrines. But for where we no go do am. because of Civilization and Education.

1 Like

jhidey08:
do u realize there are other Muslim groups apart from MSSN? What are they supposed to do then?

Great! Then you should know that the rules made by the school is unconstitutional, remember what the Constitution says about freedom of association and forming of organizations?

But in all, the mischievous rules favours Islam the most.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by RonJeremy: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs
The mentioned are PRIVATE universities not government universities built with Niger Delta oil/Tax payers money.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2017
souhid:
I served in the south east(ebonyi), no northerners dear attempt to seek for an admission, he WONT be offered, come down to the north ( in state owned University ) and see how southerners are offered admission. In ebonyi state then even Muslims indigenous are not offered admission if they are Fortunate to include Muslim name in their names. Hypocrisy is in some people's gene!

If this is true which I doubt, it is down to hearsay ie your word against theirs so there is room for plausible denial. In this case however, it is blatantly stated in black and white! Now that's outright stupidity laced with some obvious sense of invincibility like nothing can be done.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
exactly what I'm saying, why didn't they say because they're Nigerians they should the same fees with Indigenes. The State Universities choses whatever comforms with their law, as long as it's in the confinement of their laws (Sharia and our Constitution)
Gbam! However, No try to implement same for our Region that's all.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

Objectivity requires that no religious group be excluded from gathering, period!
even when the gathering threatens security of lives and properties? Just like the shiites
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by bakry86: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2017
0gbeni:

Do u have proof of what you just posted ? if not ,shut up and focus on the topic

there's so much madness in Nigeria

OK let me b specific now. Wen I was schooling at Ibadan Grammar School in Ibadan, we used to hold mssn weekly meeting/programme in d school. One faithful day, our geography teacher(name forgotten) popularly called reverend came to inform us at d gathering that Muslims gathering would no longer be allowed in d school. we had to move to nearby Mosque outside d school, peacefully n jejely.

I may not be able to provide u wt any proof cos no memo/letter/note etc was given to that effect, but I'm sure all IGS's students, past n present (Christians included ) can testify to dis.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by SIRmanjar(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Yes! and it is called REASON
Den am afraid to let u know dat ur reasoning is shallow ad daft.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by stuffs4me(m): 10:31am On Jan 22, 2017
These Christians are nothing but hypocrits.

I remember some years ago how much they celebrated the demolition of a Mosque in Rivers State University of Science and Technology RSUST. The school authority brought a bulldozer to destroy and flattened the mosque to the ground in January 2012. This is the same university authority that used university funds to build several churches and worship places for different Christian denominations within the university.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/feature/500-no-place-to-worship

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obbasiasa(m): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2017
Built2last:

It is a federal university built with Tax payers money.

FYI, I left university 13 years ago. Not even my children will attend such school. Am only concerned because this is pure religious discrimination in a secular state with constitutional democracy
the university is state owned, it's actually katsina state university named after the former president, because he built it when he was governor of katsina state. And it's well known that the state is a sharia state, so am not surprised to see this memo
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2017
You have to fight this. The management is simply mad. If they want an Islamic university, they should establish a university with private or Islamic institutions funding.

Aso Rock does not have three mosques. Who are those that let hell lose in 2004?
Pp
Built2last:
Why will a University in a secular state ban freedom of Religion in school and publish their bias for all to see.

I make bold to ask, Is Nigeria an Islamic State?

Before you answer? Note. Every Federal government agency in Abuja has an original in-built mosque from inception. Name them-CBN, SEC, FIRS, University of Abuja, PTDF, FCDA, Federal Secretariat etc.

Aso Rock villa was modelled After Moroccan kings palace. With 3 standard mosques.

OBJ built a chapel in 2004 and All hell was almost let loose.

Now a FEDERAL university built with Tax payers money issues a memo making it obvious
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2017
ruxxz:
What is wrong, is wrong. Don't defend them. When things fall apart, you won't be spared. Condemn a wrong move.
if the associations are not threatening the peace of the sch they wouldn't have banned them. Did u notice that it's not only Religious groups that was banned? But u singled out that of Religion cos of what i don't even know.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2017
kin8744:
is this true?

Very true. U cannot comment on the islam section of religion unless u profess to believe in alla and it automatically becomes stuck on ur profile.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2017
There are Christians in Katsina who also pay tax

obbasiasa:
the university is state owned, it's actually katsina state university named after the former president, because he built it when he was governor of katsina state. And it's well known that the state is a sharia state, so am not surprised to see this memo
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:34am On Jan 22, 2017
SIRmanjar:

We are all complaing of the religious ban only..wot of the tribal ad local govt association ban?nobody is talking about it.

I didn't even take note of that paragraph. I wonder what d aim of the school is though.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by recievesense: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs

by just reading ur comment I lost some points from my intelligence quotient
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Omagzee:

Great! Then you should know that the rules made by the school is unconstitutional, remember what the Constitution says about freedom of association and forming of organizations?

But in all, the mischievous rules favours Islam the most.
baba, we're talking of a School environment here, if those association threatens the security and peace of the school nko?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
This happens a lot. We had several issues concerning this in Command.

However you guys should have fought it
bakry86:

OK let me b specific now. Wen I was schooling at Ibadan Grammar School in Ibadan, we used to hold mssn weekly meeting/programme in d school. One faithful day, our geography teacher(name forgotten) popularly called reverend came to inform us at d gathering that Muslims gathering would no longer be allowed in d school. we had to move to nearby Mosque outside d school, peacefully n jejely.

I may not be able to provide u wt any proof cos no memo/letter/note etc was given to that effect, but I'm sure all IGS's students, past n present (Christians included ) can testify to dis.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Meritocracy: 10:36am On Jan 22, 2017
DonCortino:
Its going on gradually. Their islamisation agenda is alive.

They never expected d reaction they got during rccg g.o saga. So they fired d scape goat to calm tension.
G.O SAGA IS ABOUT THE LAW AND NOBODY IS ABOVE LAW, VP OSINBAJO IS A SENIOR PASTOR IN THE CHURCH, HE MUST HAVE CONSULTED HIM BEFORE RETIREMENT OR STEP ASIDE. VP MUST HAVE ASK HIM TO RESPECT LAW. Why are you cnmplaing as ordinary gullible member.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.