Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51830 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
if the associations are not threatening the peace of the sch they wouldn't have banned them. Did u notice that it's not only Religious groups that was banned? But u singled out that of Religion cos of what i don't even know.

And where is it stated that Christians constitute a threat to peace or a source of danger? Must u keep grasping at straws even at d risk of sounding rêtarded?

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by shineeye1: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2017
It is unacceptable to ban religious associations other than the predominant religion where an institution is built if such an institution belongs to a secular state. Doing otherwise clearly convinces anybody that there is an agenda to impose a state religion

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2017
Do not resort to lies just to prove some dead point.

temmy2103:

I was at Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka for a year and they didn't allow MSS. That is a federal university

5 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by muheeb01(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs
abi oo
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
if the associations are not threatening the peace of the sch they wouldn't have banned them. Did u notice that it's not only Religious groups that was banned? But u singled out that of Religion cos of what i don't even know.
It's either you allow the religions recognized by the state to associate or you allow none at all. If the Federal Government remains silent on this, it means they ve approved this tacitly. This is nt a unifying development at all, Nigeria is very much polarised...far more than the civil war era, I guess

4 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
baba, we're talking of a School environment here, if those association threatens the security and peace of the school nko?

I can see the angle you are coming from.

I repeat, the mischievous rules favours Islam and that's just it.

Hav a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by olumite1234(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2017
The only solution to this Islamic and terrorist wahala is for Nigeria to split.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obbasiasa(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2017
Built2last:
Why will a University in a secular state ban freedom of Religion in school and publish their bias for all to see.

I make bold to ask, Is Nigeria an Islamic State?

Before you answer? Note. Every Federal government agency in Abuja has an original in-built mosque from inception. Name them-CBN, SEC, FIRS, University of Abuja, PTDF, FCDA, Federal Secretariat etc.

Aso Rock villa was modelled After Moroccan kings palace. With 3 standard mosques.

OBJ built a chapel in 2004 and All hell was almost let loose.

Now a FEDERAL university built with Tax payers money issues a memo making it obvious
I think you should confirm your news before spreading it, the university is state owned, actually Katsina state university named after the former president who built it when he was governor of katsina state, and it's well known that katsina state is a sharia state, if you don't know the difference between state owned and federal I wonder how u expect me not to take your news as fake

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

I didn't even take note of that paragraph. I wonder what d aim of the school is though.
the aim can never be far from maintaining peace in the school premises.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2017
obbasiasa:
I think you should confirm your news before spreading it, the university is state owned, actually Katsina state university named after the former president who built it when he was governor of katsina state, and it's well known that katsina state is a sharia state, if you don't know the difference between state owned and federal I wonder how u expect me not to take your news as fake

The point is that it is state owned and there is no state religion to the exclusion of another. There may be a majority of one but even the minority are guaranteed freedom of association, lawful assembly and worship by the Constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

And where is it stated that Christians constitute a threat to peace or a source of danger? Must u keep grasping at straws even at d risk of sounding rêtarded?
that's my problem with you, when i said "if the association are not posing a threat to the peace of sch" i wasn't referring to Christianity, do u know they've automatically banned Shiites too, state and local government associations have also been banned. But i guess you've been blinded by the fact that you think Christians are being cheated.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by strenghtt: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
brother that is not true, katsina does not have a large christian population, I'm currently serving in the state, Daura LG precisely, they have only 3 or 4 churches here and mostly attended by corp members. If you had talked about Kaduna, Adamawa, Taraba i would have agreed but Katsina, no no no, they're mainly Hausas and Fulanis.

And so what does that mean that Christians should be denied the right to form association in their choosen government owned public school in a secular country like Nigeria? Or what exactly is your point shouting everywhere that you serving in Kastina?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obbasiasa(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2017
daretodiffer:
There are Christians in Katsina who also pay tax

that does not make the university federal owned, so if you are passing news you should not add lies to make it sweet
Yes I know that there are Christians and pagans in katsina, but they never protest nigeria constitution recognising the state as sharia state
I presently live in katsina, and even stay very close to the university
So I know what happen in katsina very well even though am not from the state
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by shineeye1: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2017
There is a dangerous trait referred to as the "arrogance of majority" which undermines the legitimate claims of the minority and seeks to hoist a second class citizenship on them. This gross inequity and injustice is the reason for clamour for self determination and secession.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
that's my problem with you, when i said "if the association are not posing a threat to the peace of sch" i wasn't referring to Christianity, do u know they've automatically banned Shiites too, state and local government associations have also been banned. But i guess you've been blinded by the fact that you think Christians are being cheated.

I told u before and I will tell u again that the Constitution overrides this crap because all Nigerians are guaranteed freedom of lawful assembly, association and worship. One should not be allowed to the exclusion of others except there are established criminal undertones. These constitutional provisions cover d LG n state gatherings also purportedly banned by this school, it is wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by muheeb01(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Gaxx01:

Oh my bad, thought its a private university...
Then thats totally unacceptable!!!
me too ô thought the same,buh i think their sug body need to intervene

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2017
obbasiasa:
that does not make the university federal owned, so if you are passing news you should not add lies to make it sweet
Yes I know that there are Christians and pagans in katsina, but they never protest nigeria constitution recognising the state as sharia state
Nigerian constitution "recognizing Katsina as a sharia state"....interesting. Do u hav links to substantiate the quoted?

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by daplus2015(m): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
You must be an uppercase IDIOT for putting up this lamentable defence. Are the schools you mentioned state owned? Your stupidity defies human comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2017
strenghtt:

And so what does that mean that Christians should be denied the right to form association in their choosen government owned public school? Or what exactly is your point shouting everywhere that you serving in Kastina?
are you pained by the fact that I'm proving your points wrong or what. Do you lack comprehension skills? Go back and read the memo, check number (iv) and understand it. Leaving only MSSN means other muslim associations have been banned too. Use your head na
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obbasiasa(m): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

The point is that it is state owned and there is no state religion to the exclusion of another. There may be a majority of one but even the minority are guaranteed freedom of association, lawful assembly and worship by the Constitution.
that is not the point
You can't deceive people because you want to prove a point
It's state owned and the writer should not deceive people by saying it's federal
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2017
obbasiasa:

Recognising it as a sharia state is not binding on all indigenes to the exclusion of all others. Sharia is personal law if u know what I mean so provided the school is government-owned with funds drawn from d federal purse, that exclusion of religious and tribal assembly is unconstitutional.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Encyclopedia1: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
do u realise there are other Muslim groups apart from MSSN in Nigeria? What should they do den? Be objectivd freeze
I'm sure Bowen, Covenant, Redeemers do not know MSSN exist before they say they don't want it in their schools too. Get ur facts right.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by UgojiC(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2017
souhid:
I served in the south east(ebonyi), no northerners dear attempt to seek for an admission, he WONT be offered, come down to the north ( in state owned University ) and see how southerners are offered admission. In ebonyi state then even Muslims indigenes are not offered admission if they are Fortunate to include Muslim name in their names. Hypocrisy is in some people's gene!

Bro it's same thing in the North. I had a friend that was the only southern student in his time at kaduna state University. It not just hypocrisy it what's has been happening.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jamace(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2017
I, Sheikh, Alhaji, Professor, Doctor Yahya Jammeh........... grin grin grin grin grin grin Only in Africa!
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2017
Zi:

Sharrrrrrap dia! angry Is Covenant, Redeemers a Federal University? Is built withy task payers money?

Islam and tyranny are synonymous. Use small Nairaland as a case in point where you have to pledge to Allah before you comment on the Muslim section but Muslims comment freely on the Christian section. It is the same spirit of tyranny angry

and seun sees nothing wrong with this

very bad
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2017
obbasiasa:
that is not the point
You can't deceive people because you want to prove a point
It's state owned and the writer should not deceive people by saying it's federal

Whether federal or state owned, it remains a public school so it does not alter the argument in any way. The poster might have not made the distinction between fed n state but it remains a school run n funded by public funds allocated for that purpose.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obbasiasa(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

Recognising it as a sharia state is not binding on all indigenes to the exclusion of all others. Sharia is personal law if u know what I mean so provided the school is government-owned with funds drawn from d federal purse, that exclusion of religious and tribal assembly is unconstitutional.
today is sunday and am in church, am not going to argue religious issue
My problem with the article is for the writer to call a state owned university federal
He should edit his write up and stop making excuses
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
baba, I'm not trying to justifu their action o. But i think they have the jurisdiction to inculcate Sharia law into the governance of the school if they deem it fit. I think Kwara State University allow their Indigenes to pay lesser school fees compared to non-indigenes, this in my opinion falls under the same category with banning of any Christian Activities around the school. My submission
Bro, it's not the same. Have u considered that certain indigenes of Katsina could be Xtians? Please, the earlier we realised that religious intimidation is a problem, the better. A problem identified is half solved.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:57am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
the aim can never be far from maintaining peace in the school premises.

Then every association should have been completely banned including student unions and student representative bodies. ASUU and co should also be outlawed so they can maintain peace. Leaving one to the exclusion of others destroys ur taqqiya arguments.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obbasiasa(m): 10:57am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

Whether federal or state owned, it remains a public school so it does not alter the argument in any way. The poster might have not made the distinction between fed n state but it remains a school run n funded by public funds allocated for that purpose.
he clear called it federal try and read it again
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by gregyboy(m): 10:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

they dont because is purely a christan school if a muslim go to skul der is looking for something else mayb to convert. not a state or federal university that belongs to the government so u cant stop them i skuled in a muslim town in a edo state we christans in the skul were given land in the skul to build our church apart from the ones built around the town i dont see y d muslim in other state dont amulate that act i will sincerly say that i prefer been an idol worshiper than a muslim cus d religion is retarding

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2017
shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.