Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
fysapop:
Visa Approved this morning....
Hi everyone, I want to thank those that continue to support the movement and purpose of this thread. My Visa interview was for 6:30am this morning, I was feeling uneasy all through the night, I woke up around 4am, left my house by 4:55am, I was driving like a snail I didnt even want any stories. I finally got to the embassy like 5:35am, I paid for parking, about 5 guys just rushed me and started telling to arrange my document staple this and that make copy of my passport page that the rules have changed, but as a product of this thread I didn't even answer them, I was the 4th person to be interviewed, it was barely up to 5 mins sef, see my transcript below;

VO; Good morning, how are you
Me; Good morning Sir, I am fine
VO; Pass me your passport and 1-20
Why are you going to the US
Me; I am going to the University of Connecticut for Masters in Business Analytics as Big data is the new wave in Africa and I want to be one of the forerunners of understanding data mining and how Business can (I cant even remember what I said..lol)
VO; oh Uconn, that’s great. Where do you work?
Me; Senior Consultant atXXXX (International Company)
VO; Oh that’s a great Company, hope you enjoyed your time working there?
Me; Yes I have..its being a great time, we have won a couple of employers satisfaction awards in the last few years.
VO; oh really, they would never win that in the US, they are really tough u know ( I just knew my visa was approved from this point)
ME; yes when some of them come to Nigeria, they always want to stay back.
VO; how are you going to pay for your studies?
Me; I got a loan from Prodigy finance and my brother is also sponsoring me
VO; ok… I see you are a genuine student and I would be approving your visa. He returned my 1-20 and the collection ish
Me; Thank you Sir.

The three guys that went before me were still talking to the VO. I just started singing praises all the way to my car, people were just congratulating because it was soo obvious I just got my visa approved.

Congrats ....a sweet transcript it is!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kemzone2003: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
What semester are you going for?

fysapop:

Thanks...I am a Lady ooo...Prodigy is well known na...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mrsmith11(m): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
fysapop:
Hi everyone, I want to thank those that continue to support the movement and purpose of this thread. My Visa interview was for 6:30am this morning, I was feeling uneasy all through the night, I woke up around 4am, left my house by 4:55am, I was driving like a snail I didnt even want any stories. I finally got to the embassy like 5:35am, I paid for parking, about 5 guys just rushed me and started telling to arrange my document staple this and that make copy of my passport page that the rules have changed, but as a product of this thread I didn't even answer them, I was the 4th person to be interviewed, it was barely up to 5 mins sef, see my transcript below;

Me; I am going to the University of Connecticut for Masters in Business Analytics as Big data is the new wave in Africa and I want to be one of the forerunners of understanding data mining and how Business can (I cant even remember what I said..lol)
Me; Yes I have..its being a great time, we have won a couple of employers satisfaction awards in the last few years.
VO; oh really, they would never win that in the US, they are really tough u know ( I just knew my visa was approved from this point)
VO; ok… I see you are a genuine student and I would be approving your visa. He returned my 1-20 and the collection ish
Me; Thank you Sir.

The three guys that went before me were still talking to the VO. I just started singing praises all the way to my car, people were just congratulating because it was soo obvious I just got my visa approved.

Big congrat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
shabol54:
Hello house
Please who is going to ETSU this fall? I was admitted for MS Engineering Technology, awaiting my I-20 and yet to get a GA. I applied for some GA's already sha, expecting positive reply by God's grace.
Anyone?

Anybody going to ETSU dis Fall (2017)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
fysapop:

Congratulations smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aminlove(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys, am new here... Please I wanna ask a question

I intend to apply for an undergraduate program at University of Bridgeport, USA... get the student VISA and and defer the admission and work for a year or two before start schooling. Is it possible? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
In Donald Trumps voice "You are looking for trouble". Not possible, if you do not resume school the school would report you and your visa would be canceled. You would need to exist the country within days.
aminlove:

I intend to apply for an undergraduate program at University of Bridgeport, USA... get the student VISA and and defer the admission and work for a year or two before start schooling. Is it possible? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
aminlove:

Thanks.

Well, your questions clearly shows you are not ready - so why not go get the job and work for a year or two?
When you are all set for schooling, you should start the admission process.

pros - Nothing

cons -
* you Will lose your admission after differing for more than one or two semesters (talk less of 2 years)
* your visa will be cancelled If you don't enroll to classes
* you will find it difficult to get another US visa for refusal to use to previous one granted
* A whole lot more complications and depressions you are really not ready for.

I assume you are fresh out of high school, hence my explanation. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aminlove(m): 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
joeluv:
In Donald Trumps voice "You are looking for trouble". Not possible, if you do not resume school the school would report you and your visa would be canceled. You would need to exist the country within days.

Jesu!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aminlove(m): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Well, your questions clearly shows you are not ready - so why not go get the job and work for a year or two?
When you are all set for schooling, you should start the admission process.

pros - Nothing

cons -
* you Will lose your admission after differing for more than one or two semesters (talk less of 2 years)
* your visa will be cancelled If you don't enroll to classes
* you will find it difficult to get another US visa for refusal to use to previous one granted
* A whole lot more complications and depressions you are really not ready for.

I assume you are fresh out of high school, hence my explanation. smiley

Thanks, Man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 1:33am On Apr 19, 2017
aminlove:

Thanks.

Why don't you just apply and start schooling right away...if you have the funds that is. If you want to work to save some money, I would just concentrate on that and also look around for scholarships/fellowships independent of the school(s) you are looking at. Note though that two years from now, you might not be as motivated to go study abroad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ormorteey: 3:58am On Apr 19, 2017
Mekurexx:
Dont try converting your visiting visa to squatting visa. Staying here illegally is not worth the hassle. Just come and enjoy yourself for the duration and dont add to the long list of people putting the reputation of Nigeria in bad light

Lmao @ squatting Visa. Savagery of life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ormorteey: 4:05am On Apr 19, 2017
Christian129:
By the way, i met Angelapinkytoes yesterday grin

The pinkytoes days, mehn! Those were best days on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aminlove(m): 6:00am On Apr 19, 2017
biikeys:

Why don't you just apply and start schooling right away...if you have the funds that is. If you want to work to save some money, I would just concentrate on that and also look around for scholarships/fellowships independent of the school(s) you are looking at. Note though that two years from now, you might not be as motivated to go study abroad.

Thank you. Just that No fund at the moment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 6:28am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 7:28am On Apr 19, 2017
Good morning from here
I was given admission as a post baccalaureate student and on my i20 I have a duration of one year on it, which is the time am suppose to use in completing the foundation courses, but when I spoke to my supervisor who also happened to be deputy dean of the business school, she said I am only taking only 4 courses which would be more or less taken in one semester, on admission letter from business school as well I have it well written on it that I have been admitted for MBA, and on school admission letter I have it on it that I have been admitted into the school MBA , but subject to me completing the foundation class, I was given schorlaship as well,
Now my question is am about filling my DS-160 form, how many years of stay in USA shld I fill in it ? A year for the post baccalaureate studies or 2 years for completion of the MBA programme
Honest opinion please , criticism welcome too lool
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2017
Awesu122:
Good morning from here
I was given admission as a post baccalaureate student and on my i20 I have a duration of one year on it, which is the time am suppose to use in completing the foundation courses, but when I spoke to my supervisor who also happened to be deputy dean of the business school, she said I am only taking only 4 courses which would be more or less taken in one semester, on admission letter from business school as well I have it well written on it that I have been admitted for MBA, and on school admission letter I have it on it that I have been admitted into the school MBA , but subject to me completing the foundation class, I was given schorlaship as well,
Now my question is am about filling my DS-160 form, how many years of stay in USA shld I fill in it ? A year for the post baccalaureate studies or 2 years for completion of the MBA programme
Thanks

Usually i would say Check your i20 and whatever it is that what you should fill in your DS 160 ........ But if your DS160 is saying one year , i am not so sure . I would have said 3 Years but the standard is that the DS160 should match the i20

however you need to check if this is really the best program for you ... you have a good GRE score , although for MBA i am more familiar with GMAT . However with a good score why would they subject you to foundation courses .... Maybe you need to look for another school .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
That time of the year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Congratulations lads

Oseni007:
Younger bro got Visa Approved dis morning.
Ist Attempt
V.O-gud Morning
Bro- Morning
V.O- R u married?
Bro- No
V.O- what do you do?
Bro- I am an Assistant Administration Officer @......
V.O- why MBA
Bro- I choose MBA because it will help me improve my managerial capability( VO cuts in with OK)
V.O- I am sorry ur not eligible for visa @ dis time

Second Attempt-Dis Morning
V.O- Gud Morning
Bro- Morning
V.O- I see ur going for MBA,why did you choose that
Bro- I finished from the dept of business admin from Lag and to consolidate my career path in administration,i have decided to futher my studies in MBA
V.O- hw many skls do you apply to
Bro- I applied to 4 skl
V.O- (Looked surprised) 4,which and which
Bro-list them
V.O- so why do you choose your skl from the school
Bro-A senior lecturer in skl recommended the school since his daughter finished from there last year and I checked the course curriculum and found that they have some courses that will help me in the develop into a strategic and competent business manager in the future.
V.O- ok,i will be approving ur visa
Bro- laffing like sheep......

The Embassy was so full 2day and white approval paper flying ard for students.

fysapop:

Me; Thank you Sir.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Usually i would say Check your i20 and whatever it is that what you should fill in your DS 160 ........ But if your DS160 is saying one year , i am not so sure . I would have said 3 Years but the standard is that the DS160 should match the i20

however you need to check if this is really the best program for you ... you have a good GRE score , although for MBA i am more familiar with GMAT . However with a good score why would they subject you to foundation courses .... Maybe you need to look for another school .

Thanks for your message
When I asked the school I was told 4 courses were not captured in my undergraduate transcript, which is a must for their school for anyone trying to do MBA, as a standard set by AACSB, which is the highest business school accreditation body in USA , so the deputy dean told me, I need to I need to do the 4 courses in accordance to AACSB rules, though the admitting letter given to me by department clearly stated I have been admitted for MBA, and yes they gave me schorlaship because of my GRE score, which would also increase in amount once i joined MBA class fully, my head ache now is what do I fill on Ds-160 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=adepaul419 post=55603858]thanks a
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
LagosNIV:

You need to get the SEVIS fee released so it can be applied to the other application. It is possible, but it is through another agency so you need to contact them for assistance with this.

Good morning from here
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Pmark888: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Afternoon ma'am please i sent you a pm, i have some questions regarding studying in the USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Awesu122:

Thanks for your message
When I asked the school I was told 4 courses were not captured in my undergraduate transcript, which is a must for their school for anyone trying to do MBA, as a standard set by AACSB, which is the highest business school accreditation body in USA , so the deputy dean told me, I need to I need to do the 4 courses in accordance to AACSB rules, though the admitting letter given to me by department clearly stated I have been admitted for MBA, and yes they gave me schorlaship because of my GRE score, which would also increase in amount once i joined MBA class fully, my head ache now is what do I fill on Ds-160 form

i would say fill in what you have on your i20 and if the question does arise during the interview you explain

but do try to see if you can get another school as well that will give u unconditional admission ........ The last thing you need is a school that becomes a problem AGAIN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

i would say fill in what you have on your i20 and if the question does arise during the interview you explain

but do try to see if you can get another school as well that will give u unconditional admission ........ The last thing you need is a school that becomes a problem AGAIN

Ok thanks for the advise, but in my faculty admission letter was told I have been fully admitted for the MBA programme, moreover looking the school curriculum, they offering a course I have been wanting to study for a long time, unlike other school who doesn't add this course to their list of courses, moreover I was given schorlaship as well, reasons am thinking of giving it a trial, moreover the business school is AACSB accredited
Which is the highest business school accreditation body in Us and world as whole
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Prollins: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Please any student of the a&t university, North Carolina here? Need from information about the university, Minimum GPA and all. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello everyone, please how can one get a GA at ETSU? I have applied for some on the available GA/TS page and also my department. My graduate coordinator is not even replying my mail and still yet to get any GA. i will really appreciate anyone at ESTU that can guide me on how to go about it. I was admitted to Engineering Technology department for fall 2017. I will really appreciate your help as am still very new here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
Awesu122:

Ok thanks for the advise, but in my faculty admission letter was told I have been fully admitted for the MBA programme, moreover looking the school curriculum, they offering a course I have been wanting to study for a long time, unlike other school who doesn't add this course to their list of courses, moreover I was given schorlaship as well, reasons am thinking of giving it a trial, moreover the business school is AACSB accredited
Which is the highest business school accreditation body in Us and world as whole

Lol..... this your songs of praise like solomon dey make me laugh or say abeg shift joor..... There is almost 200 schools that are accredited with AACSB so stop saying it like its something extra special.

If they are have given some sort of funding...yes then that good reason but not because of that accreditation.. most good or standard school of business are AACSB. And if u have been denied 4 times it is your best interest not to go for your next appointment without multiple admission

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Lol..... this your songs of praise like solomon dey make me laugh or say abeg shift joor..... There is almost 200 schools that are accredited with AACSB so stop saying it like its something extra special.

If they are have given some sort of funding...yes then that good reason but not because of that accreditation.. most good or standard school of business are AACSB. And if u have been denied 4 times it is your best interest not to for your next appointment with multiple admission

Lool
Thanks sis I understand you and I appreciate the advise from you, but that singing praises like Solomon got me though, hehehe, anyway I wld see what next and see if I wld get another school
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aminlove(m): 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
PLEASE HOW DO I APPLY FOR PRODIGY FINANCE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
aminlove:

Thanks.

If you do not have money , best to stay in Nigeria ..... This is not the time to be stranded abroad and fall out of status . That is one area Trump administration is not playing . People living illegally are deported left and right

if you dont have money , Then do your undergrad in Nigeria . it cheaper and if you are really serious about schooling abroad then when u are doing your first degree in Nigeria , make sure your grades are all up there from beginning so you can aim for scholarship at the master level
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Must one take passport photograph to the embassy even after uploading it on ds 160 form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.