Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694065 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
Breamz:

U ryt bro, i actually filled 'yes' on d ds160 for other relatives

CBP doesn't care about what you filled in your DS-160. That's just for visa interview. All they'll do is ask you why you're not flying directly to Ohio..and like most students, you just let them know how you plan to get to your school from Chicago. I would reserve a bus ticket just in case. Telling them you have an uncle there who's going to drive you down sounds okay, but might not go too well with them depending how you present it. You might want to get his phone number and address as well and have it handy..just in case, should you decide to go with that option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ugoh11:
you do not need a collateral. Just go to their site www.prodigyfinance.com and apply, its very straight forward as long as your school is among the schools they partner with and fund. I am a recipient. I just got my loan approved, No hassles.

This is fantastic. I just see that there is no co-signer or collateral required but how would they trace their money? Even in U.S, they have to have something traceable about you for you to get approved for loans e.g address (from current 3 utility bills), ssn, credit score etc. If you don't mind answering this questions, as a beneficiary of this loan, can you tell us if you submitted anything extra (apart from what's on their website) during your application? Can anyone at random from Nigeria with no traceable address apply and get approved just like that? Were they able to cover all your tuition per year? How long it takes to get approved?

So many questions but we have to enlighten those genuine student members on this thread that need source of funding for their education.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
imperiouxx:

This is fantastic. I just see that there is no co-signer or collateral required but how would they trace their money? Even in U.S, they have to have something traceable about you for you to get approved for loans e.g address (from current 3 utility bills), ssn, credit score etc. If you don't mind answering this questions, as a beneficiary of this loan, can you tell us if you submitted anything extra (apart from what's on their website) during your application? Can anyone at random from Nigeria with no traceable address apply and get approved just like that? Were they able to cover all your tuition per year? How long it takes to get approved?

So many questions but we have to enlighten those genuine student members on this thread that need source of funding for their education.

Thank you.

Ugoh11 is not telling you the full details. To get a loan from prodigy, you will have to fill a lot of details in the application which includes verifiable collaterals, current place of work, current salary and a whole other things and you won't get the loan until these claims are verified.

The website made it sound simple till you start filling the forms; and you are not guaranteed a loan except your claims are verified. Prodigy is no fool nor a charity organization.

Apart from that; - The nailing strategy and the part you are not being told is: at the end of your program, your university will be sending your real credentials (certificate and transcripts) to prodigy immediately after the end of your program and what you will get is a sort of letter like "confirmation of completion" of your degree (to scout for work I guess). You will get your real credentials when you are done paying your loan. (That is why they are not working with schools that don't agree with such terms)

I know someone who is currently in the situation so I know exactly what I'm saying. Prodigy is good if your intentions are legit (I mean getting a job after school and paying the loans off). As long as you are legit, its a win-win thing and if you want to play smart, you'll get burnt so bad. I advice people to make full enquiries and read those endless terms and conditions before grabbing offers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
i hope so oh before my time go reach and I no go see Nigeria for the List we know what out country men are capable of grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DaBlaize(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
DaBlaize:
Hello guys, please i really need your help right now. Am really sad o.. my sister, her child and her hubby applied for a visa to US but was denied. This is the transcript, kindly vet and analyze, thanks.

V.O-- where are you going?
Wife-- mentioned it
V.O-- where do you work?
Hubby mentioned it
Wife also did.
V.O-- your visa is denied.

That was all o. If u need any additional info so as to help please kindly ask... Thanks as us help out o

How can anybody vet and analyse this.... this tells nothing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DaBlaize(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DaBlaize(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
DaBlaize:

Okay, wife's is fashion designer and hubby works at nnpc ... Those were the response they gave..

That is not the full transcript. You need to have your sister tell you the full transcript. Probably there is/are some misrepresentation from answers given and information filled on DS-160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lionlee216(m): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
saninwa:

Based on the DS-160, Uncle is not an immediate relative; but Other relative. Immediate relatives are parents, spouse, fiancee, children and siblings.

The reason why I said that was a friend applied for visiting visa years ago and his uncle sent him an invitation letter to take to the embassy though he was denied. Since then, he never heheard from the uncle again.

Now two wweks ago, he went to the embassy and He choose NO where the questions says " do you have anyy immediate relative in the usa". . After the whole questions question at the embassy, the VO asked if he has any immediate relative in the US and he said no and the VO denied him visa straight and he told him he has an uncle in the USA that he should re apply and chose YES that he has an immediate relative in the US.

Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
Good Day to everyone, I will welcome an answer to the question below from a concerned person/persons.

Question: if due to some circumstances that an applicant can't meetup with the admission processing of a particular entry and the application closes will the application fee paid be valid for next admission entry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
kokoboy4life:
Good Day to everyone, I will welcome an answer to the question below from a concerned person/persons.

Question: if due to some circumstances that an applicant can't meetup with the admission processing of a particular entry and the application closes will the application fee paid be valid for next admission entry.
yes it can depends on the school you just have to inform them about your decision its your right and power you need to own it up to them and see them as mere normal people working in an admission department of a school you can be treated as a Prince or princess if you want to wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mystiqme: 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
fysapop:
Good morning everyone. Is there any problem with booking Air Maroc to the US?. I read somewhere that it is not advisable to do that.
I flew Air Maroc to Nigeria earlier this year. It's OK. It's a no frills airline, it will get you there but don't expect the comfort and service of the likes of Qatar or Emirates.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mystiqme: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
LagosismyHome:

How can anybody vet and analyse this.... this tells nothing
Lol. Expects us to fill in the blank spaces.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
DaBlaize:

Okay, wife's is fashion designer and hubby works at nnpc ... Those were the response they gave..

There is another thread for visiting visa .... it would be better to post this there and not here

also visiting visa is very subjective, it only the VO that knows why it was denied . However the usually reason is that the VO did not think the family will go on holiday and come back for what ever reason.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
fysapop:
Good morning everyone. Is there any problem with booking Air Maroc to the US?. I read somewhere that it is not advisable to do that.

i have never used it but it was very popular last fall session here on Nairaland .........except if something major has changed , for fall session the plane flew and Landed , people mentioned it here ....... the end grin cool . It gets you there safely but no frills no glamour

** One new change to note , Electronics are now banned on flights into the US from some muslim countries (10 Airports) ie Morocco, Turkey so you need to check in your Laptop or electronics in your main bag and not in your hand luggage

Congrats on your interview . God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Ugoh11 is not telling you the full details. To get a loan from prodigy, you will have to fill a lot of details in the application which includes verifiable collaterals, current place of work, current salary and a whole other things and you won't get the loan until these claims are verified.

The website made it sound simple till you start filling the forms; and you are not guaranteed a loan except your claims are verified. Prodigy is no fool nor a charity organization.

Apart from that; - The nailing strategy and the part you are not being told is: at the end of your program, your university will be sending your real credentials (certificate and transcripts) to prodigy immediately after the end of your program and what you will get is a sort of letter like "confirmation of completion" of your degree (to scout for work I guess). You will get your real credentials when you are done paying your loan. (That is why they are not working with schools that don't agree with such terms)

I know someone who is currently in the situation so I know exactly what I'm saying. Prodigy is good if your intentions are legit (I mean getting a job after school and paying the loans off). As long as you are legit, its a win-win thing and if you want to play smart, you'll get burnt so bad. I advice people to make full enquiries and read those endless terms and conditions before grabbing offers

Having applied and approved loans (Car loan, credit card, federal subsidized/unsubsidized/PLUS loan) before, I know loans are not like getting donation from a family friend. You have to pass through many verification and have a kind of guarantor (for a credit unworthy borrower) who can be hold liable if you default. That's the reason for my reply to aminlove.

I know a financial institution wants you to think application is hassle free but by the time you finish the preliminary application, further requirement may eventually be a stumbling block, then you start rethinking what's hassle free here. For every loan, a traceable identity and guarantor would be needed at some point.

Hope Ugoh11 will come to answer my questions to enlighten those that are thinking about the offer more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Toyinmade:
Hi everyone. Please a friend of mine is bin given conditional admission due to low toefl score and she was asked to attend els language center in USA for one year, also her I-20 was sent by the center due. What is her chance of getting a visa? Please has anyone been given such admission here before? How would she answer if the vo ask her why did she not re write toefl instead?

I'm sorry to tell you you've not gotten any admission. Apply for a normal/proper admission.

Best of luck!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DaBlaize(m): 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dennison4luv: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Greetings to all the mayors in the house,,
Please is it possible to apply for American student visa when you are in Turkey..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
DaBlaize:
Please I still need more info guys... Please just help

Post your question in visiting visa thread. This is a different category of non immigrant visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fysapop(f): 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mystiqme:

I flew Air Maroc to Nigeria earlier this year. It's OK. It's a no frills airline, it will get you there but don't expect the comfort and service of the likes of Qatar or Emirates.

Okay thank you...no frills needed ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by duduafri: 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello House,

Kudos for doing a great job here!

I have a question and I'll appreciate your sincere feedback. I have been accepted for MBA in the US and my program starts 28th August 2017, I have scheduled a F1 Visa appointment for Next week 26th April. Here is my concern, Is it not too early to apply considering the fact that my program starts in August.

Should I still proceed or I should reschedule for a later date.

Prompt response would be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
duduafri:
Hello House,

I have a question and I'll appreciate your sincere feedback. I have been accepted for MBA in the US and my program starts 28th August 2017, I have scheduled a F1 Visa appointment for Next week 26th April. Here is my concern, Is it not too early to apply considering the fact that my program starts in August.

its not too early I think just few pages back you'll see transcripts of recent interviews just few days back going now will help you prepare well for your next step good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
This is why every Indian after graduation wants to go into business info job aka consultancy job or IT.

This joke government gets this right at least.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
duduafri:
Hello House,

While you can go for Visa interview the actual visa cannot be issued until within 120 days to the start date on the i20....so yes you can go early but if given they keep your passport and issue the visa within 120 days.

Personally i would go within that 120 days but that just me and really there nothing stopping you go now. So its a personal choice....that been said 120days from August 28 is April 30th so maybe you schedule the visa to be after April 30th so that after interview if u are given you collect your visa normal time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
dennison4luv:
Greetings to all the mayors in the house,,
Please is it possible to apply for American student visa when you are in Turkey..

Possible...yeah. The question is do you have a job there? or are a student there? In other words, do you have ties there.. If you don't have strong ties there, better you go apply in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
imperiouxx:
This is why every Indian after graduation wants to go into business info job aka consultancy job or IT.

TATA, Infosys etc bring them in in their thousands smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
imperiouxx:

Na wa.....these indian people ehnnnn . they just enter a system and chance everybody
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
biikeys:

TATA, Infosys etc bring them in in their thousands smiley

I feel like laughing at those my former school mates that went straight into bus. info job immediately we graduated from grad school. Indians will formulate resume, no interview, no background checking, no specific job qualification. Once you're in U.S legally and get your degree in anything, and can settle for less, that Indian manager will give you the consultancy job and the company pay you penny.

That shiit has to stop men.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Na wa.....these indian people ehnnnn . they just enter a system and chance everybody

They destroyed that H1B visa. Everyone is puzzled. They said before it used to be the Philippines but now Indians.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fysapop(f): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
LagosismyHome:

i have never used it but it was very popular last fall session here on Nairaland .........except if something major has changed , for fall session the plane flew and Landed , people mentioned it here ....... the end grin cool . It gets you there safely but no frills no glamour

** One new change to note , Electronics are now banned on flights into the US from some muslim countries (10 Airports) ie Morocco, Turkey so you need to check in your Laptop or electronics in your main bag and not in your hand luggage

Congrats on your interview . God bless your new journey

Thank you ma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.