Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695768 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 11:35am On Apr 24, 2017
Good day gurus In the house, please any school in carlifonia-LA that does not request for SOA or standardiz test while applying, i want to apply for masters in any managment course at all in that location, i have ietls already and Jst want to do my Gre next month to know the schools to select?

Thanks and God bless you all for your contribution in view
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thanks
Emmyirab:

For toefl, go to notefull.com, then select ''complete toefl training''.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dannyjumbo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
pls I sent my transcript to WES so they reply and saidba copy of my photocopy of my transcript is been sent to my school in Nigeria for verification a and that my whole stuf is on hold stil my school replies.pls wjo do you guyz tink am I on the right track?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thanks
Chapecoense:

You can download sat study materials from college board website, You can also use khlan academy website to prepare.
For the toefl, if you register at BY matif, you will get a free kaplan study material which is very helpful.. You can also get useful materials online but the kaplan is very broad and it covers everything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dannyjumbo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
pls I sent my transcript to WES so they reply and saidba copy of my photocopy of my transcript is been sent to my school in Nigeria for verification a and that my whole stuf is on hold stil my school replies.pls wjo do you guyz tink am I on the right track?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thanks , i know where to register for the SAt, but i don't know where for the TOEFL, can u recommend, also anyone who can tell me the importance of writing the Two exams
adewotired:

For SAT, use the khanacademy.org and work with about 2 SAT textbooks of your choice.

For the TOEFL, just carry the Kaplan and watch video tutorials for each section.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
jeffery23:
Good day gurus In the house, please any school in carlifonia-LA that does not request for SOA or standardiz test while applying, i want to apply for masters in any managment course at all in that location, i have ietls already and Jst want to do my Gre next month to know the schools to select?

Thanks and God bless you all for your contribution in view
I think i have heard of Evil Spirit University.......... please confirm angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
electronic:

I think i have heard of Evil Spirit University.......... please confirm angry

k funny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by hardeorlah: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
please who is in Texas A & M college station.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
dannyjumbo:

Good, you are perfectly on the right track.
Go to your school academic registrar department and let them know what you want. If your school uses a functional email address, then WES has sent your verification request via email and postal too.
Your school will print the email stuff and do the verification as its deemed fit.
You must follow up with your school if you are looking for prompt response ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samieola: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
pls who has any vital info concerning msc science at colorado state uni and california state uni? tnx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
I am planning to travel to USA to start another undergraduate course (Computer Science).

I have OND in Office Technology and Management and am also am an undergraduate student English Studies.

Please, advise me on how to go about it. Am already preparing for my IELTS.

Since I don't have IT background academically but am good in IT (I develop website and am well versed in IT field) will they accept me for transfer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
anodebeanthony:
I am planning to travel to USA to start another undergraduate course (Computer Science).

I have OND in Office Technology and Management and am also am an undergraduate student English Studies.

Since I don't have IT background academically but am good in IT (I develop website and am well versed in IT field) will they accept me for transfer?
you'll have to start all over if you wanna pursue an undergraduate in computer science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
So I should keep my OND one side and go as a freshman?
Teedawg:
you'll have to start all over if you wanna pursue an undergraduate in computer science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
anodebeanthony:
So I should keep my OND one side and go as a freshman?
That is the best thing to do ATM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thank you, between TOEFL and IELTS which one is the best? Like the easiest
Chapecoense:

That is the best thing to do ATM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Thank you, between TOEFL and IELTS which one is the best? Like the easiest
Easily, I'll pick the toefl.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
Google B.Y Mafit and register with them for your TOEFL.
Kendrix69:
Thanks , i know where to register for the SAt, but i don't know where for the TOEFL, can u recommend, also anyone who can tell me the importance of writing the Two exams
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
Kendrix69:
Register at BY mafit. With N45k reg fee, You get a free Kaplan study material with two CD roms for practice.
Nobody can tell u the importance of writing the two exam as you should follow the instruction on ur preferred school's website.
But normally, writing SAT Can get you full scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=Ugoh11 post=55757115][/quote] i will like to know about progidyfinance, can someone apply when he or she is still in Nigeria or after getting to the state?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
Why?
Chapecoense:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BigBUMBUM: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
anodebeanthony:

what you did in ond is different from that you are going to study as an undergrad if you were going for masters with HND maybe but with Ond no way not to talk of a transfer sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Why?
I cant say anything for ILETS but the toefl is more popular and its not so hard. Reading passage, u answer questions from the passage, u listen to a conversation or a lecture and u answer questions from the convo, u are asked to speak on a familiar experience, u read a passage and summarise by speaking , u write on a familiar experience or write on a common topic, u read a passage and summarise. Every tom d!ck and harry with secondary school Education should be able to do the exam easily. But when u use the kaplan text it becomes easier.
The only problem u may have is time factor.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
So I should apply for freshman admission and not transfer?
BigBUMBUM:

what you did in ond is different from that you are going to study as an undergrad if you were going for masters with HND maybe but with Ond no way not to talk of a transfer sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Phard10: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good morning from here my good people. My name is Oluwaseun I am a current college student in Colorado.
I have been trying to get a job all this while but all to no avail because my school refuses to give me SSN to work. I was told I would be given after a year spent in on he US. Right now I was introduced to someone that promised to do tax ID for me that I will be able to work with it. Now my question is will I be able to work with it? And what kind of job will I be able to do with the tax ID?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BigBUMBUM: 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
anodebeanthony:
So I should apply for freshman admission and not transfer?
yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bola565: 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chapecoense:
pls can u Pm me your phone number thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cuspy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello guys!

Is there any disadvantage of dropping out of a PhD programme after obtaining a masters degree after the first two years and then procceding to get into another top-ranked PhD programme?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
cuspy:
Hello guys!

Is there any disadvantage of dropping out of a PhD programme after obtaining a masters degree after the first two years and then procceding to get into another top-ranked PhD programme?
Nope. At all, you're free to change.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
Phard10:
Good morning from here my good people. My name is Oluwaseun I am a current college student in Colorado.
I have been trying to get a job all this while but all to no avail because my school refuses to give me SSN to work. I was told I would be given after a year spent in on he US. Right now I was introduced to someone that promised to do tax ID for me that I will be able to work with it. Now my question is will I be able to work with it? And what kind of job will I be able to do with the tax ID?

Apart from the fact that the school is strict, if the school says no work for you until after 1 year, better don't do anything contrary to their decision. They have control over you as long as you continue to be one of their students and nothing you can do about it. Even if you have a ssn, they won't let you work off campus unless you file hardship or the school signed for you to get a pre-opt, cpt or internship.... everything relies on the school. Don't forget that the primary reason why the school brought you to U.S is to come and study with them after you showed them a fat bank account not to come and work.

So, don't do any tax ID number. If school says no work until after 1 year, no work!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samieola: 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
hi bro, wanna ask if colorado state university as started admitting for Msc fall 2017? any if u gat any useful info concerning d skool pls kindly share wit me. hve sent all necessary documents, hve been waiting for my admission letter since January. tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samieola: 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
can someone pls jux answer my question pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.