Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693518 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2017
johnsonnob:
Good evening everyone, can anyone recommend a very good and comprehensive preparatory study material for GRE?
Furthermore guys, I scored 85 in my TOEFL exam. I hope that isn't too low to get funding for M.Sc
Try and search for the GRE thread, I am pretty sure you would get adequate information you need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 23, 2017
sobastical:

Amen... Thanks boss
wch country u try before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2017
Good Morning. Please i need materials to prepare for both GRE and TOEFL. If u have it, please send to my mail. chatwithhelkay@gmail.com.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:04am On Apr 23, 2017
Analytics:
Try and search for the GRE thread, I am pretty sure you would get adequate information you need.

Link to the GRE thread bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 8:15am On Apr 23, 2017
chuksGilb:
Greetings Everyone,

I just recently got admitted to a fully funded Phd program in the US, I have received my I-20 and made my SEVIS payment. I would like to submit my DS160 and schedule an interview for my VISA but my school start date is the 28th of August. Can I go ahead with picking an interview date or should I wait for the 120 days window. Would scheduling an interview date before the 120 days window affect my chances of getting my VISA approved?
congratulations chuksGilb. you can schedule your interview around june. I would appreciate.....if you can share your profile( i.e GRE, TOEFL, GPA, schools etc) for others to benefit from you.
thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2017
ridsan4real:

congratulations chuksGilb. you can schedule your interview around june. I would appreciate.....if you can share your profile( i.e GRE, TOEFL, GPA, schools etc) for others to benefit from you.
thanks!

I am curious to why you and Analytics are advising chuksGilb to wait till june .... abeg please enlightening my curiosity ....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I am curious to why you and Analytics are advising chuksGilb to wait till june .... abeg please enlightening my curiosity
Do you have a problem with the advise? It's either he takes or leaves it. As you can read, he is aware of the 120days and can likely go in May if he so pleases.

I hope this kills your curiosity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2017
Analytics:
Do you have a problem with the advice? It either he takes or leaves it. As you can read, he is aware of the 120days and can likely go in May if he so pleases.

I hope this kills your curiousity

It is not quarrel or fight ..... there always a logical reason behind an advice hence i wondered why june was mentioned twice

When it better to get visa on time so chuksGilb can plan very well and get the best deals in air fare since it way in advance .

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I am curious to why you and Analytics are advising chuksGilb to wait till june .... abeg please enlightening my curiosity ....
He/She can apply anytime from nextweek based on d 120days rule. I only said June in order to clear the ambiguity of counting the days. my apologies!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2017
ridsan4real:

He/She can apply anytime from nextweek based on d 120days rule. I only said June in order to clear the ambiguity of counting the days. my apologies!

Cool... thanks for helping my curiosity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

It is not quarrel or fight ..... there always a logical reason behind an advice hence i wondered why june was mentioned twice

When it better to get visa on time so chuksGilb can plan very well and get the best deals in air fare since it way in advance .
You are right and your points are valid!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 11:44am On Apr 23, 2017
Pls must I send my official GRE scores before offered admission or after been offered admission in a USA University . Thanks pals
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Pls can I be admitted into any school in US wit a GRE score of 286: verbal 141 and quantitative 145. I have applied to utep and Stevens Institute of Technology. Is there hope with this score?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Pls I have two questions to ask.
1. Can I get admission and GA into utep or Stevens Institute of Technology wit a GRE score of 286 for MSc in statistics and stochastic system and optimization process respectively in the two schools.
2. I have sent my official GRE scores to utep but am yet to send my official GRE scores to Stevens Institute of Technology. I was planning on sending it to them if offered admission, does it affect my application?.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EdwardSnowden14: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hello,
Please i have been accepted in one of the universities in the us for undergraduate studies with a generous scholarship of 20000.
I didn't write any test and i want to know if that's gonna be an hindrance.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BenNash: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
EdwardSnowden14:
Hello,
Please i have been accepted in one of the universities in the us for undergraduate studies with a generous scholarship of 20000.
Thanks
Please which school is that??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
EdwardSnowden14:
Hello,
Thanks
No its not. Your scholarship should give you an edge during the visa interview so far you have SOA to show that covers the balance of the fees and no red flag in your application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
emmy994:
Pls can I be admitted into any school in US wit a GRE score of 286: verbal 141 and quantitative 145. I have applied to utep and Stevens Institute of Technology. Is there hope with this score?
There might be hope with admission since your application is consider holistically but your chances of funding is 0.1. If you dont have the funds, Just re-write the GRE to stand a better chance at funding

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
emmy994:
Pls must I send my official GRE scores before offered admission or after been offered admission in a USA University . Thanks pals
Check your school requirement. In most cases you application wont be reviewed until all the requirements are met
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ponpon(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
emmy994:
Yes you can and even 320 and above doesn't determine funding. It's dependent on its availability, what you are bringing to the department and many other stuff. Departmental funding is competitive and you sometimes need a competitive profile to get it or luckily a prof is interested in having you. Outside the department you can hustle to get other admin GA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by YorubaNigga(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
Good afternoon house!

Please which is better to choose for the visa interview, Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chuksGilb: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
ridsan4real:

thanks!

Thank you so much for your contributions. Thanks to you too, LagosismyHome and Analytics. I think I would opt for the May interview date. It gives me more time to prepare especially with regards to getting really good air fares.

My profile:
GRE: 317
GPA:4.86/5
Schools: Auburn University(Waitlisted), University of Toledo(Accepted) and Syracuse(Accepted).

I have gone through some of the transcripts posted on previous parts. I am concerned however, with my chances of getting my visa approved since most of the ties I have with Nigeria is in the form of my relationships (family and friends).

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

If that's what you can deduce, then fine. I have passed my message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
chuksGilb:

Thank you so much for your contributions. Thanks to you too, LagosismyHome and Analytics. I think I would opt for the May interview date. It gives me more time to prepare especially with regards to getting really good air fares.

My profile:
Schools: Auburn University(Waitlisted), University of Toledo(Accepted) and Syracuse(Accepted).

I have gone through some of the transcripts posted on previous parts. I am concerned however, with my chances of getting my visa approved since most of the ties I have with Nigeria is in the form of my relationships (family and friends).

Fully funded visa interview ...u have absolutely nothing to be concerned about. I mean nothing zero . Just sell your experience and future research goals well. U be more than fine

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
chuksGilb:

My profile:

Lol congratulations.
But that Auburn is one useless school. With your scores, they still waitlisted you. O ga. Good luck in your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
sirRiddy:

Lol congratulations.
But that Auburn is one useless school. With your scores, they still waitlisted you. O ga. Good luck in your interview
That school actually do not like blacks, plus Nigerians have had a bad record there too. My advisor got her Bachelors and Masters there, but she is white.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
chuksGilb:

My profile:

those are pretty good schools. I have a Ghanaian friend in Toledo but he would be moving to University of Michigan on a full ride in the fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
Analytics:
That school actually do not like blacks, plus Nigerians have had a bad record there too. My advisor got her Bachelors and Masters there, but she is white.
Nigerians and bad records sha.
One thing I experienced while applying there was that Nigeria was banned from paying the application fee from Nigeria. bigFrancis21 had to help me pay the fee and I still got a big fat reject.
But I have seen a few Nigerians being accepted into the school. The school is in Alabama, so I am sure na Trump people go full there anyway.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bibiakonure: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Please guys i need assistance. Does anyone know any Nigerian in the university of new haven. Aldo guys what are your thoughts about the school if you have any idea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.