Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697227 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mrsmith11(m): 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Harrypotter13 post=53867445][/quote]

Yes....like GA, RA and half tuition waiver
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by strictlynaija: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello All,

I wrote my IELTS test late last year. I need help on how to forward official copies of my result to schools in US; I checked British Council website but nothing seems to talk about this.

Urgent response pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Cheers

#Team2017Fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seramikz: 12:33am On Feb 20, 2017
strictlynaija:
Hello All,

I wrote my IELTS test late last year. I need help on how to forward official copies of my result to schools in US; I checked British Council website but nothing seems to talk about this.

Cheers

#Team2017Fall

There's a page on their website that explains the procedure -: https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/faqs.
Basically you would need to fill an additional TRF request form, pay for the courier fee using a bank draft (that is if you want to use courier service). Then submit both documents together with a photocopy of your TRF and your passport data page to their office at Ikoyi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 12:54am On Feb 20, 2017
amanze15:
MARVIN program dey for Army na cool all this go marry go marry

Which one is MARVIN ehhh?! Please spell it as it is and don't leave people confused! MAVNI is not MARVIN!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:01am On Feb 20, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Do you mean WES evaluation would upgrade the total of a GPA angry I'm actually curious

It would seem upgraded...not that it will be upgraded. How can GPA of a student from a Nigerian school be upgraded by an independent organization outside the country, and portray that upgrade to a school in which admission is sought?

A GPA of 3.00 out of 5.00 on a 4.00 scale could be 3.40 or thereabout. So the supposed upgrade is 3.0 to 3.40!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:07am On Feb 20, 2017
strictlynaija:
Hello All,

Cheers

#Team2017Fall

If the deadline for receipt of your IELTS scores is still far, like six weeks away, you can send via surface mail/NIPOST. Ask them at British Council for this option. Usually, by default, they'd inform you of the courier option first which is one ridiculous amount. I think the NIPOST option is N500 or so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:13am On Feb 20, 2017
ahahnow:
Good evening. I want to apply to UC Berkeley. Is anyone applying there too? Also, how do I get funding for the school? Thanks PS. What GRE score should I be aiming for if I want to gain admission? One love

I hope you've looked up its ranking. It's like top 5 in the world. So aim for 339 out of 340 for GRE, or hit the nail on the head. Once you do that, we can talk about funding. Hope your CGPA is like 4.80-5.00.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:19am On Feb 20, 2017
OGreene:
Form A rate for school fees is way less than 375/$ na.

Form A should be 305-315 per dollar or so

Really? What part of the planet are you on? After you pay charges, it'll be like N380 sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Olayinka15(f): 1:37am On Feb 20, 2017
Fortissimo502:

The only prof I've heard of is Dr. Adebiyi (of blessed memory), but I'm sure there should be a few more though definitely not as many as in JSU.
Yes I'm charged out of state tuition but my GA takes care of it.
yea , av met like 6 nigeria lecturers and am sure dey will be more Dan dat. pls send ur no to my email- cuteroffy@gmail.com....I need to chat u one on one...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Olayinka15(f): 1:42am On Feb 20, 2017
chimsimdindu:
Pls House help me please. How is Alcorn state university Mississippi. My niece got admission. Full scholarship. Can she cope. She will be 17 by fall 2017.
Yes....its a good sch , I know of someone that did his masters dia, and he told me he didn't pay any kobo till he graduated...if not cos dey no get my course, I for transfer to d sch sharp sharp...its in Mississippi here...and I heard Nigeria lecturers plenty for dia...I hope she copes ooo...depending on her maturity, not age sometimes... though she is very young but that doesnt matter, dia are small gals DAT can cope even more than pple wey dey older Dan dem...just pray for her...God will see her through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 1:51am On Feb 20, 2017
Olayinka15:

Yes....its a good sch , I know of someone that did his masters dia, and he told me he didn't pay any kobo till he graduated...if not cos dey no get my course, I for transfer to d sch sharp sharp...its in Mississippi here...and I heard Nigeria lecturers plenty for dia...I hope she copes ooo...depending on her maturity, not age sometimes... though she is very young but that doesnt matter, dia are small gals DAT can cope even more than pple wey dey older Dan dem...just pray for her...God will see her through

Apologies, but all these low ranking schools people are rushing to. I hope you're aware that the strength of your program goes a long way in determining your value in the job market?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:53am On Feb 20, 2017
TWoods:

Apologies, but all these low ranking schools people are rushing to. I hope you're aware that the strength of your program goes a long way in determining your value in the job market?
!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ahahnow: 4:32am On Feb 20, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

I hope you've looked up its ranking. It's like top 5 in the world. So aim for 339 out of 340 for GRE, or hit the nail on the head. Once you do that, we can talk about funding. Hope your CGPA is like 4.80-5.00.

sad cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ahahnow: 4:33am On Feb 20, 2017
TWoods:

Exactly, you have hit the nail on the head. It is even more important in this Trump era...I'm glad somebody is smelling the coffee around here.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 20, 2017
TWoods:

Well, that's true but you shouldn't discourage her. "Half a loaf is better than none."

What gives you a job is skill and luck, not school sometimes. Companies need more and more professionals.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 6:26am On Feb 20, 2017
Ah! It has finally happened! I thought as much...516! Access will definitely follow suit. So that means everyone will head to the black market now which could raise the price further. If you have done your application fees online payments already, good for you!

Gtbank Suspends Use Of GT Mastercard For Online Payment
February 19, 2017 EZEKIEL ENEJETA BANKING
http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/02/19/gtbank-suspends-use-of-mastercard-for-online-payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2017
ImpeccableOne:
Ah! It has finally happened! I thought as much...516! Access will definitely follow suit. So that means everyone will head to the black market now which could raise the price further. If you have done your application fees online payments already, good for you!

Gtbank Suspends Use Of GT Mastercard For Online Payment
February 19, 2017 EZEKIEL ENEJETA BANKING
http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/02/19/gtbank-suspends-use-of-mastercard-for-online-payment
Haha. It'll increase more and more. The drama is not over yet.

Very soon, "dollar" would be like gold in Nigeria. These self-centered politicians have turned this country upside down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:21am On Feb 20, 2017
I have about $1000 and I need naira. Dont bother to contact me if you require me to send you USD first. I dont have time for BS! If you need USD, cash or transfer. Send me a message!.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lionlee216(m): 8:32am On Feb 20, 2017
Mekurexx:
I have about $1000 and I need naira. Dont bother to contact me if you require me to send you USD first. I dont have time for BS! If you need USD, cash or transfer. Send me a message!.

Use that $1000 to sow seed into my life like Oludare01 wan do grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:33am On Feb 20, 2017
I havent reached that level to sow seed of $1k. Life na jeje
lionlee216:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 20, 2017
Mekurexx:
Lmao..why not use boxypay.com then. 1$=#460

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello Great House, i greet you all greatly! Anytime i fall in here, i feel so encouraged as if i am already in my dreamland school! grin

I will mention this page on the day of my grad! Even mention names sef, cos you guys re just too much!

I seek counsel please, i am opting for MSW (Masters in Social Works), while already chewing for GRE nextmonth. Haven sampled quite a handful of schools, communicating with the Admission and Grad Cords, i am settling for USC down south and WVU, for best possible funding opportunities and outcomes.

Great people, please, advice on which to pen down or advice on likely other good schools. I will greatly appreciate this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 11:31am On Feb 20, 2017
Mr Man, you lost market here o, this page encourages a DO IT YOURSELF APPROACH, and it is working. We dont have money for agents. Well, maybe some Dangotes and Jagaban Pikins are in the house sha, but as for me, Lagosismyhome, Walspring, Twoods, Fortissimo, and the rest wouldnt request payment from us, so selfless service, i can kill for them o grin grin grin. So,............check other threads!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
TWoods:

That was the first thing i noticed last year when i started reading NL and transcripts ....the dollar is high , i agree but those low ranked schools do not make you competitive for the market place once you are done especially if you need h1b .......

You all need to think about life after school and prospect......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lordgosh: 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
LagosismyHome:

That was the first thing i noticed last year when i started reading NL and transcripts ....the dollar is high , i agree but those low ranked schools do not make you competitive for the market place once you are done especially if you need h1b .......

You all need to think about life after school and prospect......

What if the school is nt ranked buh the course of study is a marketable 1. Pls expantiate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please, how much do they charge for visa application now. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sirhamilton(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good day fam. I've been trying to get my transcript from my school. But it's been proofing to be impossible. I'm considering changing my choice of schools. Are there schools that accept just statement of result for graduate studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
slimmy2005:
Please, how much do they charge for visa application now. Thanks

54,400 naira
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
Impossible?

Whats the issue? School?

sirhamilton:
Good day fam. I've been trying to get my transcript from my school. But it's been proofing to be impossible. I'm considering changing my choice of schools. Are there schools that accept just statement of result for graduate studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
I rather deal with someone in need of USD than dash boxpay. I know about them
femi321:
Lmao..why not use boxypay.com then. 1$=#460
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
lionlee216:

Guy how far na

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.