Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (15333 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by niyihawking(m): 5:49am On Jan 23, 2017
anyicash:
The SUPREME FORCE OR BEING, which i called GOD here is neither Christian nor Muslim, i don't know and i don't wanna discuss it religiously...But what i know is that The SUPREME GOD is super natural and HE is Ominipotent, Ominipresent and Ominiscience, He has no Begining nor Ending. and Everything that happens around and inside even over the Universe is being controled by The Supreme God. see u later.
lol.....
from your comment, I can see traces of fear, do not be afraid, the supreme being will not kill you overnight.
Now, if you have the time, take it(time) to examine the concepts of all the omni omni you've listed above, you'd see that they are mutually exclusive( if one can happen, the other cannot, and vice versa).
And endeavour to provide proof of his interference in the universe(one you've personally experience will do)
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by niyihawking(m): 5:59am On Jan 23, 2017
redon12:

I don't have they power and its not by power and it will never be by my power and my daddy would not give me they power...

I don't have any power to do that..
cause am a mere human like you
this kind of mentality will not get us anywhere close to success in this continent (Africa)

a human like you developed the automobile, a human like you conceived the idea of electricity.
they never waited for any god to come tell or give them the power to do this things. They believed that they had the power to do it and they did it.

Africans, let evolve pls.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by niyihawking(m): 6:02am On Jan 23, 2017
horlumiday:
We gt more than 2.2 billion christians, so u r telling me, all of them r delusional, bro, wake up, Christians r servin God because they have experienced how awesome he is.. Drop ur ego and try n read the bible
The church of FSMs are serving the one and only true god bro. drop your ego and follow FSM.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 6:43am On Jan 23, 2017
niyihawking:

this kind of mentality will not get us anywhere close to success in this continent (Africa)

a human like you developed the automobile, a human like you conceived the idea of electricity.
they never waited for any god to come tell or give them the power to do this things. They believed that they had the power to do it and they did it.

Africans, let evolve pls.

they knowledge to make all those things were released to them if not there won't be no electricity today trust me..
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by anyicash(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2017
niyihawking:

lol.....
from your comment, I can see traces of fear, do not be afraid, the supreme being will not kill you overnight.
Now, if you have the time, take it(time) to examine the concepts of all the omni omni you've listed above, you'd see that they are mutually exclusive( if one can happen, the other cannot, and vice versa).
And endeavour to provide proof of his interference in the universe(one you've personally experience will do)
Your little knowledge today is enough proof.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by obiorathesubtle: 8:06am On Jan 23, 2017
Khutie:

Obi, ya atheist? …

Im not.. I pray I never get there
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by lastpage: 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Are you actually this foolish, or you're just kidding us here?

l doubt you even understand what he wrote? shocked shocked

Read it again and relate the two issue: One man praying for long life while the other is praying for increase in his "coffin-making" business!

The issue here is that both are mutually exclusive!

Only people dying can make the coffin maker to have more business!

Read and reflect on it again.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
lastpage:

l doubt you even understand what he wrote? shocked shocked

Read it again and relate the two issue: One man praying for long life while the other is praying for increase in his "coffin-making" business!

The issue here is that both are mutually exclusive!

Only people dying can make the coffin maker to have more business!

Read and reflect on it again.

Lastpage!
I thought he was a theist GENUINELY trying to use that "logic" to explain why God doesn't answer the OP's prayers. But now, it seems more to me like some sort of sarcasm, intended to ridicule the very concept of prayer.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by frank317: 7:25am On Jan 24, 2017
redon12:

they knowledge to make all those things were released to them if not there won't be no electricity today trust me..

So ur God specifically chose to release the knowledge to the western countries and not to Africans?

How can u, an educated guy, be talking like this?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by niyihawking(m): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2017
frank317:

So ur God specifically chose to release the knowledge to the western countries and not to Africans?

Never expect less from a deluded mind

its their TM
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by hopefulLandlord: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2017
niyihawking:

The church of FSMs are serving the one and only true god bro. drop your ego and follow FSM.

this is the truth but Yahweh has blinded them to it

we can only pray they see the light soon so they'll accept FSM into their life before its too late

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 7:48am On Jan 24, 2017
frank317:

when we talk about philosophy it entails many things that are true and untrue ..
But then a phenomenon entails something that is actually true...

now its a phenomenon that they western world evolved very fast than us in terms of technology ..
we even saw them As Gods then...
but God wasn't a fool...
he Gave them Knowledge but gave us Africans they riches and minerals..
which white men exploited...

Knowledge must be distributed evenly to balance nature...
a method was correctly employed by God

God created Nature in such a way that it will want to balance itself...
and because all humans "are the same"

it is now a phenomenon that even they blacks that saw they whites as Gods can also be like they white cause we have the same pairs of eyes and limbs the same intestinal structure....
Take for example blacks are coming they best in they world now races are mixing...
this are all things that can't be explained by normal circumstances....

take a look at "Ben Carson - Best surgeon world wide.
Mohammed Ali -black also baddest boxer US are thinking of creminating his brain..

Philip emeagweli a Nigerian black - develop they fastest computer...
all this are achievements by they blacks to show that God wasn't partial in any way...
to cut they Long story short....
God brought together most essential knowledge of they earth through people since he is an invisible God....

school came in... a place where if you strive you can be like Albert Einstein , earnest Rutherford and Da Vinci they white men....

it seems you are not a Christian but just know that God exist and is a Hod of justice ...
its just that we sin and drive him away...

Nobody is perfect and No body is well educated to know mysteries except if revealed to you...

trust me...
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by myqel(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2017
HopeAlive14:

Happy Birthday!
Wishing you many more years of good health and wealth.
Thanks
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by myqel(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2017
zynellsmum:
may God grant you all your heart desires. ..Happy bday

Thanks dearie
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by myqel(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2017
ruemujerome:
. HBD, WULLNP
Thanks
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by myqel(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2017
Legend87:

I've given u a LIKE. But is 1000 likes not too much for only ucheesy? Because others needs likes tootongue

thanks
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by myqel(m): 8:37am On Jan 29, 2017
helinues:

Happy birthday to you.. Age with grace
Amen...thanks
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by jakandeola(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2017
obiorathesubtle:

What kind of father lets you pray ceaselessly and just keeps quiet??
u dissappoint me
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkiee: 4:08pm On May 15, 2023
helinues:
Does God really mean it when He says that He will give us what we ask for? Bible texts come to our minds, such as Matthew 7:7, "Ask, and it will be given to you"... Will He really answer when we call? Isaiah 65:24: "Before you call I will answer, while you are still speaking, I will hear."
Have you ever asked the question, why doesn't prayer work? Why at times does it appear that God ignores us when we pray to Him. Many have prayed for God to intervene and solve a problem that they are struggling with, but sometimes God‘s apparent answer is silence.
Even when we feel that God is not answering our prayers, you can always know God is a God of love. The Bible tells us He loves us:
John 3:16. '"For God so LOVED the world".......
Jeremiah 31:3, "I have loved thee with an everlasting love."....
God created us and knows infinitely more than we know. He knows what is best for us, and what would not be good for us. If you have children, when they were very small, sometimes they asked for things that would not be good for them, or would harm them. For good reasons sometimes parents do not always give their children what they ask for, when they ask for it. Parents give them what is best for them.
It is the same way in our prayers to God. God gives us what is best for us. We are God’s children and He gives us what is best for us, and at a time when it is best for us. Our lives must be right with God before He can answer our prayers.
God has certain conditions that must be met before our prayers can be answered. One of the first, is we feel our need of help from Him. Isaiah 44:3 says, “I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground.” The heart must be open to the Spirit’s influence, or God’s blessing cannot be received. One cannot pour water into a cup that is already full.
If we have cherished sins in our lives, and refuse to give them up, or if we are doing things we should not be doing, and are disobeying Him, we cannot expect Him to answer our prayers. He cannot answer our prayers if we have sins in our lives that are unconfessed or if we are hanging on to cherished sins. Also, if we refuse to forgive others who have wronged us, God cannot hear us. (See Matthew 6:12 and Ephesians 4:32).
This is not saying you can earn God’s favor to answer your prayers, it will always be Jesus’s blood that makes us worthy; but we do need to do our part if God is going to work in our lives.
One of the reasons we feel our prayers are not being answered, is because we stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says it best, "pray without ceasing." Paul is more direct in Philippians 4:6, “In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
In reality, we should not be worried so much about if God hears our prayers – He does and He does care. What we should be worried about is if because of temptations, hard times, and trials we get discouraged, and give up praying. In Luke 18:1, Jesus, “spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart."
God is a God of love, and He is interested in every detail of our lives. He hears our prayers, and answers every sincere prayer if we meet His conditions. We must not expect that every answer will be "yes", since we are sinners and do not always ask what is best for us. Sometimes His answer is "No’ and sometimes it is "wait." (Hebrew 10:36) We need to end each prayer with, "Not my will but Your will." Even if we are sincerely doing God’s will, and to the best of our ability, following His will for us, He may see that it is best for us not for Him to say "yes" at this time. We must continue trusting Him, regardless of His answer at the moment.
God's timetable is not the same as ours. He knows better than we do when is the best time for our prayers to be answered. (See Hebrews 6 :13-15). God is eternal and does not measure time as we do. 2 Peter 3:8: "Beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
If we have faith and sincerely trust God, we will not be concerned as to whether the answer is "wait" or the answer is "no" or "yes." We must just trust, and wait and see if God in His timing will see fit to answer as we have requested, or perhaps He has something better in mind for us. Remember your prayer should end with "Not my will, Lord, but Your will." (Luke 22:42). "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5,6.
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On May 26, 2023
lytech1:
Because you only called him when you need him
You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by orisa37: 7:25pm On May 26, 2023
YOU ARE PRAYING IN SIN OR PRAYING AND SINNING. VENGEANCE BELONGS TO GOD.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On May 28, 2023
Royalfurnitures:
Many factors could be responsible for that:..Lack of faith, sin, unforgiveness, unrestituted sins, praying amiss, and many more.

Please check out my signature for quality and durable y
According to God, there is only one factor and it is unrighteousness, and nothing else. So long as a person remains unrighteous God literally promises He will not answer the person's prayers. No rituals can change the mind of God. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? / What Is Wrong With A Guy Plaiting His Hair Or With Locks? / Emmanuel Collins: Pastor Busted For Faking Accident, Says Hackers Did It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.