Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

5 Reasons Why Women Cheat - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat (1261 Views)

It Sucks When Women Cheat on You [Picture] / Leo Dasilva: 'Women Cheat More Than Men, But They Barely Get Caught' / "Most Of The Times Women Cheat, It's Men's Fault" Twitter User Says And Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by onyeezeigbo: 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Women who step out on a husband or significant other — male or female — do so for any number of reasons, the five most common of which are listed below:
1. She feels underappreciated, neglected, or ignored. A woman who feels more like a housekeeper, financial provider, or nanny than a wife or girlfriend is more vulnerable to finding an external situation that brings attention and appreciation for who she is rather than the functions she performs.

2. She craves intimacy. More so than men, women feel valued and connected to their relationship partner through non-sexual emotional interaction such as touching, kissing, cuddling, gift-giving, being remembered, and most of all meaningful communication. Women who aren’t getting their intimacy needs met by a primary partner may look elsewhere, trying to meet those needs through sexual/romantic relationships. Some of these same women may also engage in alcohol/drug abuse, compulsive spending, binge or consistent overeating, etc., to compensate for the emptiness they feel.

3. She is bored and/or lonely.
Women who find themselves alone at home for long periods of time, perhaps when caring for young children or even after children are grown and gone, can feel that their lives lack meaning, and they may use casual sex or deeper romantic affairs to fill the void. Women who have spouses or partners who are absent for long periods of time related to work (military service, for example) may also turn to sex and affairs to fill what feels like an untenable emptiness.

4. She never feels fully loved and appreciated. Some women have unrealistic expectations about what a long-term spouse or partner should offer them emotionally and in other ways. Those who are more narcissistic and emotionally immature may expect a significant other to meet their every single need, and also to be a mind-reader in terms of knowing what those needs are. When their human and imperfect partner inevitably fails them, they feel justified in seeking attention elsewhere.

5. She has an intimacy disorder. Early childhood trauma and/or sexual abuse often lead women (and men) in adult life to problems with addictive sex and/or serial cheating. Such women repeatedly seek emotional intensity rather than relational intimacy. Women with unresolved childhood trauma as well as those with emotional instability — women who carry an uneven and disjointed sense of self — can seek consistency and feelings of importance through intensity-based romantic and/or sexual activity.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by SINZ: 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
Men cheat for the same reasons too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
but why do men cheat for no reason
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
Women don't need reasons 2 cheat, they are programmed 2 spread out n take pipes. U can b everythin a woman ever wanted n she'll still hoe around. Facts!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by onyeezeigbo: 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
L0velyn:
but why do men cheat for no reason
grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by olatade(m): 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Girls used to call me ugly before they saw my bank balance... now they call me ugly and poor

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by onyeezeigbo: 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
olatade:
Girls used to call me ugly before they saw my bank balance... now they call me ugly and poor
LOLs
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
FuckyourMama:
Women don't need reasons 2 cheat, they are programmed 2 spread out n take pipes. U can b everythin a woman ever wanted n she'll still hoe around. Facts!
Men do this, not women.
Women have reasons why they cheat while men just don't.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by firstking01(m): 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Women cheat for NO cause....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by onyeezeigbo: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
firstking01:
Women cheat for NO cause....
same thing I'm thinking here boss
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
Benita27:
Men do this, not women.
Women have reasons why they cheat while men just don't.

So u saying every woman needs a reason 2 cheat while men jst cheat at will? Meehn Shurrrup!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
This is not enough reason why a woman cheat in a relationship.the main reason is when the opposite sex is no longer interesting.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
FuckyourMama:

So u saying every woman needs a reason 2 cheat while men jst cheat at will? Meehn Shurrrup!
Yes!, there's no point telling me to shurrup if you have nothing more to say.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by iamDaisy(f): 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Iranu

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Maxity02(f): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
rebirthforgoody:
This is not enough reason why a woman cheat in a relationship.the main reason is when the opposite sex is no longer interesting.
you nailed it. kiss
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by kheengjay(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
number 5 is totally the only reasonable explanation .......
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by Longman6(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
I really don't believe an average Nigerian lady is capable of loving a man sincerely without yielding to temptation, sometimes i pity them..the pressure is just too much for them and unfortunately we live in a generation where character isn't much of a common virtue. However i can boldly say that of all creatures on earth, women are capable of the greatest kind of Love after Gods love, it just that they reserve such love for their children..most Nigerian Girls have been battered emotionally, they have had they heart crushed at one time or the other and this has made them rationalize the love process, they unconsciously feel undeserving of real love, (the type genie nice boys offer) so they seek solace in tangible achievement and excitement which is often unsatiable.

Unfourtunately most girls cheat emotionally and not sexually, once a girl/lady starts talking to another guy more than she talks to her boyfriend, trouble is brewing,(trust boys to take advantage when the cards are down),A ladies chances of cheating is also influenced by the type of friends she keeps...

Though i might be wrong i don't believe in all this Jargon that some ladies say: "I like guys better as friends they understand me". it is usually a symptom of a lady with deep seated issues..Dont get me wrong i have noting against male-female friendships and would allow my girlfriend to express herself without restrictions but i know deep within my mind that that stuff is trash especially when its not defined.

Love is difficult to come by from both gender..if you find one...you deem lucky.Ladies who cheat have unresolved behavioral issues, ladies are emotionally stronger than men, they only do what they want to do while a guy no matter how emotional he is,contemplates...A ladys conscience is either alive or dead at a particular time, while a mans mind is never fully resolved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Cheat by onyeezeigbo: 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
lalasticalala

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone With This Kind Of Waec Result Get Admission / Reflections On Rape: Your Husband Or Boyfriend Cannot Rape You! / What Did Princess Diana See In Prince Charles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.